Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Matrix Collection $14.25 Batman Anthology $12.75 @ DD

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-10, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Matrix Collection $14.25 Batman Anthology $12.75 @ DD

Also got the cancellation for Batman & Matrix, however, their website shows the order is still open. Maybe, just maybe, it will ship for some like Shrek.
Old 12-22-10, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Didn't get one yet, I used Google Checkout hoping it would go through using that.

However, I did get an email that they shipped a couple of blu-rays I purchased on the B1G1 promo back in September.
Old 12-22-10, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

canceled here too. what a joke this company has become.
Old 12-22-10, 02:32 PM

I hope you all have learned your lesson and will stop supporting Deep Discount.
Old 12-22-10, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I used Google Checkout too, I wonder if that's why I haven't gotten a cancellation yet.

Regardless, the cancellation of mis-priced orders online is typical. That alone doesn't seem like any reason to hate Deep Discount anymore then before.
Old 12-22-10, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Price error = Be grateful if you get it, but expect them to cancel it.

There are lots of reasons to be disappointed with Deepdiscount. Not honoring are price mistake should not be one of them.
Old 12-22-10, 02:53 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fromundacheese
I hope you all have learned your lesson and will stop supporting Deep Discount.
I ordered close to 25 items from DD during the week of black friday and have received all but 2 so far. The lesson I learned is to keep ordering. This deal was too good to put much faith behind, so not a biggie for me that it won't be honored due to a pricing mistake.
Old 12-22-10, 03:03 PM

I haven't completely written off this new iteration of of DD quite yet. I'm definitely disappointed, but I'm willing to forgive this time. They were upfront and straightforward with what happened.

The problem is that I'm only going to be giving them a chance again when there's a screaming deal and this is making me question if a future deal I try to get in on will get canceled as a "price mistake" as well.
Old 12-22-10, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by mink-e
I haven't completely written off this new iteration of of DD quite yet. I'm definitely disappointed, but I'm willing to forgive this time. They were upfront and straightforward with what happened.

The problem is that I'm only going to be giving them a chance again when there's a screaming deal and this is making me question if a future deal I try to get in on will get canceled as a "price mistake" as well.
I feel the same. DD has kind of become a joke and its real hard to rebound from that kind of situation.
Old 12-22-10, 03:39 PM
bse
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear they canceled everyone's orders, Deep Discount is a pile of shit, the fact people still try and stick up for them is ridiculous, Amazon for life.
Old 12-22-10, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by bse
sorry to hear they canceled everyone's orders, deep discount is a pile of shit, the fact people still try and stick up for them is ridiculous, amazon for life.
+1
Old 12-22-10, 04:36 PM

Hay! I are work for Dep Discount. and we are a good companey! Pleese keep bying from us!!
Old 12-22-10, 04:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DDs the worst. Not buying from them ever!
Old 12-22-10, 04:41 PM

Deap discownt rulzzzzz!!!!!
Old 12-22-10, 04:43 PM

THEY ARE AS DEEP AS HELL !!.....>>>>
Old 12-22-10, 04:44 PM

Anie won reeding this thred bettter go to cherch this sonday!!!
Old 12-22-10, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, more like Deep Discord because that's what they're sewing in our message board.

Got cancellations on both Matrix and Batman. Sorry Crappy Typing Guy but that doesn't help me avoid being a whiny bitch on a revolution.
Old 12-22-10, 04:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bse
Sorry to hear they canceled everyone's orders, Deep Discount is a pile of shit, the fact people still try and stick up for them is ridiculous, Amazon for life.
Just because you probably had a bad experience with them doesn't mean it is the same for everyone. Of the 25 items I ordered recently they were the CHEAPEST price in town, and I'm not talking just a few dollars difference. They beat Amazon in this case by quite a bit for these titles. The products were received undamaged and within an adequate timeframe. So tell me again why my sticking up for them is ridiculous.

I also ordered several items from Amazon and a few from Borders, BN, and Best Buy. But most came from DD during this particular time. Granted, Amazon is definitely tops when it comes to customer service and I will always go with them if the price is anywhere close.

So just like you can complain about them based on your experiences, I will stick up for them as long as I am getting positive results.
Old 12-22-10, 05:00 PM

Works for Deep Discount ^^^
Old 12-22-10, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by bsmith
So just like you can complain about them based on your experiences, I will stick up for them as long as I am getting positive results.
The rash of positive experiences made me willing to give them another shot.

You can't seriously blame us who waited forever to get stuff before giving up as well as trying to order products showing up as in stock only to get a notice that they were backordered 5 minutes after submitting the order for being skeptical, though.
Old 12-22-10, 05:23 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bsmith
Just because you probably had a bad experience with them doesn't mean it is the same for everyone. Of the 25 items I ordered recently they were the CHEAPEST price in town, and I'm not talking just a few dollars difference. They beat Amazon in this case by quite a bit for these titles. The products were received undamaged and within an adequate timeframe. So tell me again why my sticking up for them is ridiculous.

I also ordered several items from Amazon and a few from Borders, BN, and Best Buy. But most came from DD during this particular time. Granted, Amazon is definitely tops when it comes to customer service and I will always go with them if the price is anywhere close.

I've only complained about them based on my own personal experiences, too.

But, you go ahead and take yer chances....but I'd bet money that, in the end, you'll be better much better off taking....our advice.
Old 12-22-10, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Navinabob
There are lots of reasons to be disappointed with Deepdiscount. Not honoring are price mistake should not be one of them.
The price error was active on the site for quite a while, and it created a ton of traffic to the site. I'm fairly certain that it wasn't intentionally done, but I would guess that they weren't in a hurry to get it fixed.
Old 12-22-10, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks to this order, I spotted a few deals and made a second order for some cheap foreign import blus. When I got the receipt in my email, the cheap blus were gone and replaced with shitty CDs. I'm not sure what the heck is going on, but I tried canceling as many as I could but I got stuck with at least 3.
Old 12-22-10, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Lemmy
But, you go ahead and take yer chances....but I'd bet money that, in the end, you'll be better much better off taking....our advice.
Much better off how? If a deal goes through eventually, I get a product for cheap. If it doesn't, I'm no worse off then before. I don't really see the big deal, let alone why people get so upset if an order is cancelled. If someone really wanted a product that badly and within a week, they can go to a B&M or buy it from Amazon. Given how long it's been since Batman or Matrix was released, obviously they didn't want it that badly.

That said, I don't really see why so many people are posting here with the only intention of bashing Deep Discount and weren't interested in the deal to begin with. Let alone posting repeatedly just to bash them like Fromundacheese.

EDIT: Or maybe not, given the post right above mine. I stand corrected. I haven't had any major issues with Deep Discount, but I only buy the couple of really really good deals that I see on occasion and I have no problems trying my luck on a few deals.
Old 12-22-10, 05:57 PM

It's almost humorous how every single frickin' thread about a sale from this website has 5 pages of "ordered one, awesome!", followed by 10 pages of "this company sucks, im calling/emailing" bullcrap.

Seriously, people? At this point its almost humorous. It's become a crap website with crap policies and people STILL give their website a chance every time, almost always being disappointed. And, in the odd chance they DO come through, you seriously get your order months later.

It's amazing that people will keep trying to give these people their business, and then complain when they knew from the first click that it wasn't going smoothly. Now, in this case I know its a simple price mistake, but every DD thread follows the same script. Simply put: Quit trying to save 1.82 on shipping, and just order from Amazon. You MIGHT spend a dollar more, but you'll be treated like a customer they want to keep, and not like a nerdy kid the bully keeps seeing just how much he can get away with.

And to the people who order just to see if it goes through, that's perfectly fine. Just know that (and I'm not singling anyone out in particular), when it doesn't go through, no one wants to hear how astonished and pissed off you are.

Sorry guys, rant over.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.