DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Sherlock Holmes Blu 9.99 + tax @ Target B&M (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/583601-sherlock-holmes-blu-9-99-tax-%40-target-b-m.html)

mitch079 12-18-10 04:24 PM

Sherlock Holmes Blu 9.99 + tax @ Target B&M

Listed at 14.99 in this week's ad but when I went to one earlier today, it was down to 9.99.

lizard 12-18-10 05:19 PM

It has been mentioned in one of the sale ad threads and this has been the price of Sherlock Holmes at Target for some time. I checked my local Target on Wednesday and, sure enough, it scanned at $9.99 even though it was marked at $19.99 (not even $14.99). I mentioned to a staff member in the department that they would sell more of them if they had a correct shelf tag, but she didn't seem to care.

I think that Target is matching the Walmart price, but why they don't post it correctly on shelves has me baffled.

A point of curiosity: has anyone seen Sherlock Holmes marked at $9.99 at Target?

bluetoast 12-18-10 06:23 PM

Re: Sherlock Holmes Blu 9.99 + tax @ Target B&M

The guy in front of me in line bought the DVD of it for $9.99. Good price matching on Target's part, having an equal price with the DVD.

b2net 12-18-10 07:43 PM

Let us not forget that the Target Version is likely the one with Blu+DVD+DC for $10 instead of the gift wrapped Blu only @ WalMart...

Lecithin 12-18-10 07:53 PM

I had the 1 disc Sherlock Holmes BLU in my shopping cart since it came out, waiting for a price drop and finally, I ordered it for $10.49 at Amazon just three days ago.

EDIT: Despite the Amazon description of "discs: 1" they sold me the 3-disc Bluray, DVD, Digital Copy for $10.49. So, I actually paid less than buying it for $9.99 plus tax at Target locally.

Obi-Wanma 12-18-10 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by b2net (Post 10550759)
Let us not forget that the Target Version is likely the one with Blu+DVD+DC for $10 instead of the gift wrapped Blu only @ WalMart...

They stopped making that version some time ago. If Target has any combo packs in stock, it is because they have been sitting on the shelf for a while. The only version they are producing now is BD only.

b2net 12-18-10 08:49 PM

and there is the worry others have shared that it is really the 1 disc with a slipcover advertising the 2 disc (DVD & DC on same disc)... I have not opened mine yet, but it did feel heavier than the gift wrapped 1 disc from WM..

jwstl 12-18-10 09:12 PM

If you want the version with DVD and DC and have an FYE close by you might look there. They had multiple copies at 14.99 ea.

Kal Varnsen 12-18-10 11:18 PM

I just got my copy today from Amazon and it has the slipcover with the Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy sticker on the front of the slipcover. Is there a way to confirm that I have both the blu and dvd included before I open it?

jwstl 12-18-10 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Kal Varnsen (Post 10550982)
I just got my copy today from Amazon and it has the slipcover with the Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy sticker on the front of the slipcover. Is there a way to confirm that I have both the blu and dvd included before I open it?

The slipcover is the confirmation.

b2net 12-19-10 08:14 AM

I hate how Warner does that with the slipcovers.... Cause it is like a lottery... If you get 1 with slipcover... you cannot be sure inside has it.. and if it doesn't have a slipcover, you may get 1 with the extra content... I say this because, for example, 1 of the Target stores near me removes the slipcovers... and "throws" them away... what if a slipcover gets put back on.. the version w/o content... I do realize from a business perspective it makes sense.. only make so many slipcovers... and keep the upc the same.. but as a consumer I would like a different way to know what I am getting...

Manzana 12-19-10 10:40 AM

Last week I got the only Sherlock Holmes from Target that had a slipcover with the combo pack sticker on front. It was even in 1 of those plastic cases so people couldn't switch slipcovers. But who knows if anyone switched it before it was in the plastic case. I haven't opened it yet because I'm not convinced it's the combo pack. When I shake it, I don't hear anything to make me think there are 2 discs (not that you can really hear unless there's a flap inside), and I can't see inside it well enough to tell.

Kal Varnsen 12-19-10 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by jwstl (Post 10550991)
The slipcover is the confirmation.

I figure it is the two disc set since I did order it online so no chance of someone switching slipcovers. Did the single disc have an insert? I can see some type of paper inside my copy. WB should just use two different UPCs.

mitch079 12-20-10 12:01 AM

The one I bought was two discs. One Blu and one DVD/Digital copy combo. No slipcover. No mention of the DVD or DC on the packaging. Wouldn't have known it until I opened it.

Infusion07 12-20-10 08:27 AM

For those in the Columbus, OH area interested in picking this up, the Target on East Broad Street in Reynoldsburg still has 3 or 4 copies with slipcover. Obviously I can't guarantee those are all the combo pack but the one I bought was. Just make sure to look for it on the regular shelf, not the endcap.

AlexOi 12-20-10 02:53 PM

Is the price still $9.99? I check target.com, it is out of stock.

Andras 12-20-10 03:40 PM

I just came from Target. They had the Blu-Ray version on sale for $14.99 - I double checked... twice. The DVD version was $10. They had them with slipcover and without. I bought neither.

AlexOi 12-20-10 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Andras (Post 10553682)
I just came from Target. They had the Blu-Ray version on sale for $14.99 - I double checked... twice. The DVD version was $10. They had them with slipcover and without. I bought neither.

Thanks!

That save me a trip to target. It is raining like crazy here.

Kedrix 12-20-10 04:19 PM

I went to my Target at lunch and all of the blu copies to Sherlock Holmes had mysteriously vanished. It seemed really peculiar (I found spots for the discs but no copies) since nothing else was out of stock. Like almost it might have scanned at that price had I found a copy. Dunno.

Andras 12-20-10 06:27 PM

The Target closest to me had several titles out and there were a lot of shoppers. I got the last copy of Ice Age 3, which I really wanted.

Goldberg74 12-20-10 06:48 PM

My Walmart had Sherlock Holmes and The Blind Side for $10 each (in a special gift packaging).

Not sure if they were single-disc or the BD/DVD/DC.

glassdragon 12-20-10 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Goldberg74 (Post 10553934)
My Walmart had Sherlock Holmes and The Blind Side for $10 each (in a special gift packaging).

Not sure if they were single-disc or the BD/DVD/DC.

I got sherlock, they are the single disc versions, and the shawshank they have is not the digibook. Just fyi

BlockbusterDude 12-21-10 09:08 AM

Can anyone confirm if it is still ringing up at $9.99?

Thanks for the heads up OP!!!!

wildman1037 12-21-10 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by BlockbusterDude (Post 10554637)
Can anyone confirm if it is still ringing up at $9.99?

Thanks for the heads up OP!!!!

Rang up for $14.99 at my Target :(