Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

$10 Gift Cert. From BB Reward Zone- Merry Christmas.

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

$10 Gift Cert. From BB Reward Zone- Merry Christmas.

Old 12-21-10, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: $10 Gift Cert. From BB Reward Zone- Merry Christmas.

So, anyone who got one via a phone call to BB on Sunday get it posted yet? The woman I spoke with told me Sunday morning that a $20 rewards zone certificate would be posted to my account in 48 hours, but it is still not there and it seems that others here have had theirs posted seemingly automatically.
Old 12-21-10, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BambooLounge
So, anyone who got one via a phone call to BB on Sunday get it posted yet? The woman I spoke with told me Sunday morning that a $20 rewards zone certificate would be posted to my account in 48 hours, but it is still not there and it seems that others here have had theirs posted seemingly automatically.
I called on Saturday and my points have not posted yet. I did get a case number for mine, so if it doesn't post by tomorrow I may give them a call...
Old 12-21-10, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,357 Likes on 922 Posts

Originally Posted by BambooLounge
i was told it would take 7 business days. obviously they aren't well trained if people are getting different information.
Old 12-21-10, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I was told it would take between 3-5 business days, and it hasn't shown up for me either.
Old 12-21-10, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdragon
If you went in to walmart and asked them to "pricematch" free money they would hurt themselves from laughing. Amazon is just being nice doing this and by doing this they are being taken advantage of, and that is what's scummy. The actions, not necessarily the person, but if you feel it's fine it's not my place to stop you.
That's a good point. So much so that I reconsidered and called Amazon and had them strip the cash award away (which by the way took some coaxing on my part).

It's still not a moral issue to me as all I wanted was to be treated as well as other Amazon customers. But you're right, just having a merchant do something to be nice or to placate customers is a bit like twisting someone's arm behind them. It wasn't nice on my part and I admit that. Moving on.
Old 12-21-10, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Deftones
i was told it would take 7 business days. obviously they aren't well trained if people are getting different information.
That's a fair point. But in this day and age how come that update isn't real time or (at the very least) an overnight batch run? As I doubt that BB is run by a bunch of idiots my presumption is that they don't want it to be quick so that people will forget about the reward so either delaying it costing them money or for the reward to expire so it doesn't cost them anything.

Last edited by ctyankee; 12-21-10 at 09:04 AM.
Old 12-21-10, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Figured I'd give it a shot. It was the most painless experience I've had with BB Customer Service ever. Called the Premiere Silver number and told the lady I had a couple of friends that received the $20 bonus and was wondering why I didn't. She told me the promotion was actually for people who hadn't shopped with them in awhile, but she'd be happy to credit the $20 to my account.

Verified my Rewards # and she said the 1000 points would appear in my account in the next 72 hours, NICE!
Old 12-21-10, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, I just got an email with the $10 certificate. This after calling in on Saturday, and not seeing a thing until today. I'm happy now.
Old 12-21-10, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by wildman1037
Figured I'd give it a shot. It was the most painless experience I've had with BB Customer Service ever. Called the Premiere Silver number and told the lady I had a couple of friends that received the $20 bonus and was wondering why I didn't. She told me the promotion was actually for people who hadn't shopped with them in awhile, but she'd be happy to credit the $20 to my account.

Verified my Rewards # and she said the 1000 points would appear in my account in the next 72 hours, NICE!
Pretty much the same happened to me. Free $20!
Old 12-21-10, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As posted previously, I spoke to them on Saturday night and was told it would take 48 business hours. I woke up this morning and found the points credited to my account.

I received a follow up e-mail asking me to take a survey on my phone representative. I normally avoid surveys like that, but it was such an easy and pleasant experience that I took this one.
Old 12-21-10, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,357 Likes on 922 Posts

i just checked my account this morning at about 6:30am and the points were not there. i just checked again and they are there. interesting.
Old 12-21-10, 10:10 AM
Banned

Got 1,000/$20 points this morning. Thanks to all who posted!
Old 12-21-10, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I e-mailed them Sunday morning and haven't got jack squat. If the points don't show up tomorrow, I'm going to call them.
Old 12-21-10, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mikael79
Well, I just got an email with the $10 certificate. This after calling in on Saturday, and not seeing a thing until today. I'm happy now.
I just received an email for the $20 I was promised on Saturday as well! YIPPEE!!!
Old 12-21-10, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by CaptainMarvel
As posted previously, I spoke to them on Saturday night and was told it would take 48 business hours. I woke up this morning and found the points credited to my account.

I received a follow up e-mail asking me to take a survey on my phone representative. I normally avoid surveys like that, but it was such an easy and pleasant experience that I took this one.
Wow. You really went above and beyond on that one.
Old 12-21-10, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ctyankee
That's a good point. So much so that I reconsidered and called Amazon and had them strip the cash award away (which by the way took some coaxing on my part).

It's still not a moral issue to me as all I wanted was to be treated as well as other Amazon customers. But you're right, just having a merchant do something to be nice or to placate customers is a bit like twisting someone's arm behind them. It wasn't nice on my part and I admit that. Moving on.
Whether you believe it or not, it was not my intention to turn this into a moral debate or even change your mind. I just believe that it is a low action to call amazon, but that is my issue. I am not the only one though it seems. Either way, I never meant that as a personal issue. In real life you may be quite a likable and nice person, or you may be an asshole, I don't know :P

I don't know you so I am not judging you, it is up to you to do whatever you think is right. And I also am not sure why it can't go in quicker personally, but as I was told when I gave them a call about it since i never got the points either that the points they are crediting will not have the 25th as the expiration. They should have the same 90 days expiration as the normal points do.
Old 12-21-10, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by glassdragon
Whether you believe it or not, it was not my intention to turn this into a moral debate or even change your mind. I just believe that it is a low action to call amazon, but that is my issue. I am not the only one though it seems. Either way, I never meant that as a personal issue. In real life you may be quite a likable and nice person, or you may be an asshole, I don't know :P
Chill a bit dude. For both of us this is not our first forum posts. It's just an exchange of ideas which I'm totally cool with. Enjoy.
Old 12-21-10, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ctyankee
Chill a bit dude. For both of us this is not our first forum posts. It's just an exchange of ideas which I'm totally cool with. Enjoy.
lol, was just making sure you knew that it wasn't a personal attack at all :P
Old 12-21-10, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SoonerDoc
Wow. You really went above and beyond on that one.
Do you have anything to add other than trying to bait me?
Old 12-21-10, 11:27 AM
Banned

If any of you are giving away free money or merchandise simply for the asking, you can expect me to ask, along with about 500 million other people.
Old 12-21-10, 11:48 AM

Holy smoke!

I just checked my points at the rewardzone web site and I was given 2500!! points with the description of "Customer Satisfaction". All I did was call on Saturday saying I was disappointed that I didn't get the loyalty email after being such a loyal customer. I expected to get $10, but $50 is just unbelievable.

I am loving Best Buy right now. Thank you very much OP!!!
Old 12-21-10, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by clintilona
Holy smoke!

I just checked my points at the rewardzone web site and I was given 2500!! points with the description of "Customer Satisfaction". All I did was call on Saturday saying I was disappointed that I didn't get the loyalty email after being such a loyal customer. I expected to get $10, but $50 is just unbelievable.

I am loving Best Buy right now. Thank you very much OP!!!
Well shoot I was going to ignore all this fighting for extra points but with a result like that...who exactly did you call and what did you say? lol
Old 12-21-10, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts

I got my 15 dollar certificate today! Sweet!
Old 12-21-10, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by CombatCraig
Well shoot I was going to ignore all this fighting for extra points but with a result like that...who exactly did you call and what did you say? lol
Ghostbusters and tell them that you have a problem. Call 1-800-237-8289 and tell them that you didn't get the certificate that some of your friends (us) received. Just be polite and you should (operative word) get it.
Old 12-21-10, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by clintilona
Holy smoke!

Oh crap, so is everyone going to call BB back now and say their friend got 2500 points, so they should too?

Congrats to you, but I hope this doesn't start something...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.