Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

$10 Gift Cert. From BB Reward Zone- Merry Christmas.

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

$10 Gift Cert. From BB Reward Zone- Merry Christmas.

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-10, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: $10 Gift Cert. From BB Reward Zone- Merry Christmas.

Thanks OP.

My story is another whopper, in that it makes little sense and seems to match no one else.

When I called the lady offered my the $10 pretty quickly. I'm a silver member and should easily qualify based on my whole year's purchases.

So I asked her why I wasn't getting the $20 and she told me that she needed to ask a manager. When she got back she told me it was based on points from May to now.

Didn't make a whole lot of sense, but my experience with BB on the phone is really bad and I didn't want to make ANY fuss and have her take away the $10 she gave me.
Old 12-19-10, 09:08 AM

Received 53 Likes on 31 Posts

Just got the complete series of Rome (reg. DVD) for 37.70, so BB has made me happy. Wouldn't have even known if not for this thread.

Last edited by Indy24LA; 12-19-10 at 10:35 AM.
Old 12-19-10, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thank you for the heads up; I had no idea!

Ordered John Adams blu-ray
$10 Certificate + Paypal funds earned with surveys = $0.35 is all it cost me.
Old 12-19-10, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by jwstl
For the life of me I can't figure out why you ever do any business with them; you never have one good thing to say about them yet you continue to shop there. Every time I see your name in a Best Buy thread I think this person must like being treated like crap to continue going back. What's a free $10 of store credit if it means having to buy from a company you hate? You need to forget they exist. I've done it with Dillard's and I can tell you it feels good.
Totally legitimate question. :-) The only reason I ever deal with Best Deny is when they have deals that I can't get anywhere else. For instance, a deal of the day or online special can't be PM'd anywhere else. I also checked (for my curiosity) how I managed to get around $600 in purchases this year and I forgot I bought a GPS (which was a clearance special and hence not PM'able anywhere else), an amplifier (which was cheaper at Best Buy than Amazon at the time, I needed it immediately and all of the local stores were out of stock), plus some clearance games. So that's the reason I use Best Deny... sometimes they have a few deals I can't get anywhere else, plus mine is next to a mall where I'm, shall we say, forced to kill time while others I'm with are shopping. As malls are REALLY boring to me, I find myself forced to wander through the only 4 quasi-interesting stores there: Sears, Best Deny, Rat Shack, and Gamestop. I usually leave empty-handed but every once in a while I get a nice clearance or sale item. Either that or sit on a bench for an hour or two.

Also, after my anger subsided I called the RZ again today (following someone else's instructions), and after 30 minutes on hold (while reading DVD Talk and other forums) I got a much nicer lady who gave me a $10 RZ certificate. She didn't know why some people got $10 or $20, but at least she asked for me RZ info and tried to help whereas the one from yesterday said no right after I said why I called and never bothered to ask my RZ info.

So, I still hate Best Deny, they are still my last place to do business with, but unfortunately I will still buy from them when there's a deal that can't be had anywhere else. Now that I know what I'm dealing with, it's easier. I don't waste my time with any coupons there (the 30% off BDs was the rare exception) and I go in expecting to be denied. I was upset about being denied last night because the vast majority of people posting here and elsewhere on the Internet are reporting success, so I thought even I would have success.

BTW, I hate Walmart too, but it's a much lesser hate. It's because they are usually OOS of what I want, the employees there don't know anything, the lines are long, and so much of what they sell is made in China junk, but they are the closest store, their food prices are OK, and they usually PM without hassle, so I go there weekly and buy more from them (in groceries and supplies) than anyone else all the while disliking it. Yes, I know, TMI (too much information) for most people.
Old 12-19-10, 11:31 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

can someone copy/paste the contents of the email???
Old 12-19-10, 11:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome. Thanks OP. Had to spend 45 minutes on hold but got my 500 points out of it!
Old 12-19-10, 11:55 AM

Anybody having issues with the myRZ.com site? I can't log in....keeps timing out.

--John
Old 12-19-10, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wormraper
can someone copy/paste the contents of the email???
Here's what I got:

Here's a little something in appreciation of your loyalty this year–a $20 bonus certificate¹. All you have to do is print it at MyRZ.com, and use it at BestBuy.com® or any Best Buy® store.
Old 12-19-10, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by JSwarce
Anybody having issues with the myRZ.com site? I can't log in....keeps timing out.

--John
Yes, I'm having that problem now.
Old 12-19-10, 12:01 PM

I just waited for over 35 minutes on the phone and the girl who spoke to me wasn't going to give me one. Needless to say, I'm ticked off.
Old 12-19-10, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by movielib
Yes, I'm having that problem now.
Ok, I was hoping it wasn't just me. I'll try later. I know I have some certificates in there that I haven't redeemed, but some extra $$ would be nice.

--John
Old 12-19-10, 01:08 PM

I can't even log-in to my reward zone account. They are doing site maintenance in the middle of the day the week before Xmas. WTF! Are they crazy!
Old 12-19-10, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$15 for a 30-minute phone call wait (had it on speaker phone while I surfed DVD Talk).

Not bad.

said they would send me an email, but I haven't received one and it's been an hour. Anyone else have not get their email yet with the RZ Cert?
Old 12-19-10, 02:45 PM
Cool New Member

Thank you all! I called the Premiere Silver hotline, in 5 minutes I had an extra 500 points added to my account. I could have argued for 1000 points but an extra 10 bucks for doing nothing is fine by me!
Old 12-19-10, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by moviewizguy
I just waited for over 35 minutes on the phone and the girl who spoke to me wasn't going to give me one. Needless to say, I'm ticked off.
I'm going to pass. I've never been one to beg for money and a 35 minute wait for $10 isn't worth it.
Old 12-19-10, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by jwstl
I'm going to pass. I've never been one to beg for money and a 35 minute wait for $10 isn't worth it.
You're not begging for money. You are begging for points.
Old 12-19-10, 04:17 PM

Here's a little something in appreciation of your loyalty this year–a $20 bonus certificate¹. All you have to do is print it at MyRZ.com, and use it at BestBuy.com® or any Best Buy® store.

Ok, that is such BS on Best Buys part. If you're going to try to get back old shoppers that don't go there any more that's fine, but don't say that they're loyal when you're screwing all the REAL loyal customers over. I shop there all the time and this LOYAL customer didn't get any email or coupon from them.. And I've read about several other loyal RW zone members and even silver members that didn't get squat.. In fact the woman on the phone told me that's exactly why I didn't get a coupon, because I bought so much at Best Buy... now does that make sense?
If they were really sending those emails out to people who hadn't been shopping there all year they should have said here's $20/$10 come back and shop with us. And the fact that they're sending out different amounts b/c of supposedly different timing for buying things is ridiculous. Clearly BB is very confused & mixed up on what a loyal customer is. Either that or they're just plain stupid.
Maybe it's both.
Old 12-19-10, 04:43 PM

Thanks OP, I had no clue I had $10 waiting for me in my account....
Old 12-19-10, 04:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

It is interesting their choice of wording. If they had sent out emails saying "we want you back, here is a certificate" I don't think the backlash would be nearly this bad. But by using "loyalty" and leaving out those that have purchased more recently was just idiotic from a marketing perspective. They had to know in this day and age it would be blasted across the internet within hours.

I sent an email with my frustration and will leave it at that. I'm not counting on getting a certificate this way. If one waits long enough Amazon or others will have a competitive price at some point. BB was not a regular on my vendor list anyway so I don't mind crossing them off my list for future purchases.
Old 12-19-10, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by doctorthodt
Premier silver member, didn't get an email. Just called in and the guy said he was going to add the equivalent of a $20 gift certificate to my account via points (1,000 points I assume, it's not showing up on my account yet) and that I'd be able to access the certificate in 7-10 days. Sweet.
That was my experience as well. The guy was very contrite and helpful. He told me the points would show up in 2 business days.
Old 12-19-10, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DeepSleep
I can't even log-in to my reward zone account. They are doing site maintenance in the middle of the day the week before Xmas. WTF! Are they crazy!
I think "site maintenance" is a euphemism for "we're all fucked up now, don't call us, we'll be back up when we're back up."
Old 12-19-10, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by TM63975
Ok, that is such BS on Best Buys part. If you're going to try to get back old shoppers that don't go there any more that's fine, but don't say that they're loyal when you're screwing all the REAL loyal customers over. I shop there all the time and this LOYAL customer didn't get any email or coupon from them.. And I've read about several other loyal RW zone members and even silver members that didn't get squat.. In fact the woman on the phone told me that's exactly why I didn't get a coupon, because I bought so much at Best Buy... now does that make sense?
If they were really sending those emails out to people who hadn't been shopping there all year they should have said here's $20/$10 come back and shop with us. And the fact that they're sending out different amounts b/c of supposedly different timing for buying things is ridiculous. Clearly BB is very confused & mixed up on what a loyal customer is. Either that or they're just plain stupid.
Maybe it's both.
I am a loyal and fairly steady customer (although I had to call to get the $20 they said would be in my account). This whole thing seems like a crap shoot with no real rules (although they are trying to tell people they had rules for this). It's a stupid way to run a business and has no doubt tied their CSRs up in knots and flooded their call and internet service.

They do seem to be just plain stupid if they couldn't see what would happen here.
Old 12-19-10, 06:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I did not have the coupon in my normal account... apparently I have a phantom second account that the coupon was sent to. I talked to a CSR and she gave me the member ID # but I can't log in because their system is down. I have no idea how I ended up with two accounts, but she said there had been no activity on this unknown account since 2002. So naturally, they send the coupon to that account instead of the one I use all the time.

EDIT: Another CSR just went ahead and gave me the certificate # over the phone, so I used it to pre-order Resident Evil Afterlife. I guess it was worth the hassle after all.

Last edited by Living Dead; 12-19-10 at 06:28 PM.
Old 12-19-10, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by TM63975
Maybe it's both.
The Best Buy email is very poorly written. It antagonizes the truly loyal/frequent buyer and perplexes the infrequent shopper.

My 14 year old proposes the following email instead:

"Dear Reward Zone Member:

We added a little Holiday Cheer to your RZ member account – a $20 bonus certificate¹. All you have to do is print it at MyRZ.com, and use it at BestBuy.com® or any Best Buy® store. "

RZ members can read into the email anything they want and the BestBuy customer service wouldn't have to do so much explaining. Some members get $20, some get $10, some get $5 and some get nothing...They can just say it's a random thing.
Old 12-19-10, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by bsmith
It is interesting their choice of wording. If they had sent out emails saying "we want you back, here is a certificate" I don't think the backlash would be nearly this bad. But by using "loyalty" and leaving out those that have purchased more recently was just idiotic from a marketing perspective. They had to know in this day and age it would be blasted across the internet within hours.
Not really. Even if they worded it that way, you'd have what some other posters have already said. You'd have customers who drop hundreds, even thousands of dollars a month there saying, "Hey, where's my free $10-20 certificate, this person over here hasn't even been in your store for a year!".

Their way of generating more foot traffic for their stores is biting them in the ass right now. Though a lot of stores (not just BB) send out random coupons/certificates to generate more foot traffic through their stores.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.