Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

$10 Gift Cert. From BB Reward Zone- Merry Christmas.

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

$10 Gift Cert. From BB Reward Zone- Merry Christmas.

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-10, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: $10 Gift Cert. From BB Reward Zone- Merry Christmas.

Originally Posted by Manzana
No. Why would I bother making a 2nd account just to post more anti-Best Deny messages? I already do plenty with just the 1 account. :-) It just shows that I'm not the only one who dislikes Best Deny and that others are adopting that name (not saying I originated it but I think it's very appropriate... Worst Buy being the next most appropriate one).
No, this is not Manzana, Best Buy has just really pissed me off the last couple weeks.
Old 12-25-10, 02:31 PM

Nice..picked up Generation Kill blu-ray set for $13.xx after tax and $20 RZ certificate.
Old 12-28-10, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

For anyone that got the GC that says it expires in April, has anyone been able to use their gift card after 12/25? I've tried using it in store, and was denied. I tried using it online, it was denied. I've been on the phone with Best Buy's HORRIBLE customer service for an hour now and they are telling me all those giftcards that were issued for that promotion all expired on 12/25. And to make matters worse, after being told I was going to received a $20 GC, I only received $10.

I'm really assumed how the rep I've been speaking is saying that I'm "claiming" and "alleging" this giftcard shows an expiration date of 04/2011.
Old 12-29-10, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They only gave me a $5 GC and it has "expires 4/23/2011" on it. I'd like to see them try to deny me, especially since I printed it out on the 27th.
Old 12-29-10, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

I blew my 15 dollars they gave me today so that they couldn't take back the certificate.
Old 12-29-10, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Drav3n
For anyone that got the GC that says it expires in April, has anyone been able to use their gift card after 12/25? I've tried using it in store, and was denied. I tried using it online, it was denied. I've been on the phone with Best Buy's HORRIBLE customer service for an hour now and they are telling me all those giftcards that were issued for that promotion all expired on 12/25. And to make matters worse, after being told I was going to received a $20 GC, I only received $10.

I'm really assumed how the rep I've been speaking is saying that I'm "claiming" and "alleging" this giftcard shows an expiration date of 04/2011.
I used mine on sunday to pick up resident evil 3D
Old 12-29-10, 02:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I love that if you don't shop with them they give you more. If you do they give you less or nothing. I will be calling and inquiring tomorrow.
Old 12-29-10, 02:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by jrsl76
I love that if you don't shop with them they give you more. If you do they give you less or nothing. I will be calling and inquiring tomorrow.
Well considering how they are screwing up with the 2 for 22.98 offer I think they will be loseing out all those customers they were trying to get back and probably out even more customers and possibly on the recieving end of a class action lawsuit.
Old 12-29-10, 02:43 AM

Used this GC to get Family Guy: It's a Trap.
Read bad things about it, but for $5...worth it.
I had the other two, might as well complete the collection.
Old 12-29-10, 09:25 AM

I waited 30 minutes on hold to speak with them last week. Was promised a $20 certificate in 7-10 business days, which will expire in April.

It hasn't been the full 7-10 days yet, but others seem to have received their certificates. Is anyone else in my position and still waiting?

Thanks,

-Z
Old 12-29-10, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
recieving end of a class action lawsuit.
Please tell me you aren't serious.
Old 12-29-10, 10:19 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Zutton
I waited 30 minutes on hold to speak with them last week. Was promised a $20 certificate in 7-10 business days, which will expire in April.

It hasn't been the full 7-10 days yet, but others seem to have received their certificates. Is anyone else in my position and still waiting?

Thanks,

-Z
I have the same situation. I called on Dec. 17. BB CS lady that i talked to told me wait for 48 hours, 48 hours had passed. Called again and told me to wait for a few more days. Called back on Dec. 24 and BB CS told me that it was not added and will add again 1000 RZ points. She told me that it will show up this coming Wed. Today is Wed., Called this morning. BB CS lady again told me wait for 7-14 days!!!!! WTF! Also told me that She's not sure if i will get approved to get the 1000 RZ points coz it needs an approval... Total BS!
Old 12-29-10, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by syetangpogiko
I have the same situation. I called on Dec. 17. BB CS lady that i talked to told me wait for 48 hours, 48 hours had passed. Called again and told me to wait for a few more days. Called back on Dec. 24 and BB CS told me that it was not added and will add again 1000 RZ points. She told me that it will show up this coming Wed. Today is Wed., Called this morning. BB CS lady again told me wait for 7-14 days!!!!! WTF! Also told me that She's not sure if i will get approved to get the 1000 RZ points coz it needs an approval... Total BS!
I don't think they have you on the "nice" list. What did you do?

I received my $5 certificate in my account one day after I called them. I just wonder if it will work after reading some of the posts.
Old 12-29-10, 10:42 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by DirkUSA
I don't think they have you on the "nice" list. What did you do?

I received my $5 certificate in my account one day after I called them. I just wonder if it will work after reading some of the posts.
I will avoid BB as much as possible from now on. I will shop at them if it's really an absolutely great deal and hoping that it will not get canceled just like my 2 blurays for 22.99. i ordered Coraline CE and Hellboy II CE. They canceled my Hellboy II CE and charged me Coraline CE for 59.99 from 11.49. Though they said they will credit my money once it shipped. But still, i didn't authorize them to charge me 59.99. I don't know if that's legal or not... I spent almost $1000 this year at BB. I only need like 500+ remaining to become a Silver RZ member and this is how they treated their loyal customer. F**k BestBuy. I would rather spend my money now @ Amazon.com.
Old 12-29-10, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 741 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by DirkUSA
Same here. Got it the day after I called.
Old 12-29-10, 11:12 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts

Originally Posted by Drav3n

use mine online with no prob.
Old 12-29-10, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

One of the CS reps I spoke to was a cowboy in Dallas and he told me the entire promotion was a "lottery" and that I was one of the losers. LOL. He said the computer chose the winners strictly by random selection and if you didn't get a certificate it means you lost the lottery. I told him that if this were truly a lottery/contest, that by law BB would have had to provide the rules for all to see. He said that the rules would be forthcoming. I told him that was a good idea to post the rules AFTER the contest! Then I mentioned that many of the "losers" were protesting the unfairness of the entire enterprise and were getting compensation. I asked him if I could get some too and he said: "No sir."

I called back and got India and the woman read from a script saying that they would make an "exception" and as compensatory gesture give me $15. Later I called to complain about the rude cowboy (figuring India might not be able to handle it) and got a nice woman in the U.S. I told her about the apparent b.s. he was spewing about this being a "lottery" and how he told me Best Buy regarded me as a "loser." She was appalled and said he was wrong in just about everything he stated, saying she wouldn't speak for him, but would apologize on behalf of the company. She added an extra 250 points to my account, so if all turns out I will have gotten the $20, which is all I wanted in the first place.

Last edited by ProfessorEcho; 12-29-10 at 11:32 AM. Reason: grammar and syntax
Old 12-29-10, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Zutton

Thanks,

-Z
I'm another in the same situation.
Old 12-29-10, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My rewards 10.00 certificate that they gave me that was to expire in April was used today with no problem. I got Toy Story 3 on Dvd for 9.99. They said the purchase had to be atleast 10.00. I looked around the check-outs and saw a Turbo Snake for cleaning drains. It turns out I really needed that.
Old 12-29-10, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
I blew my 15 dollars they gave me today so that they couldn't take back the certificate.
Not that they will, but they could take it back by giving you negative points in your account. I bought a laptop earlier this year, got some amount of certificate printed ($15 maybe?), used the certificate, and later returned the laptop. My account currently sits at -135 points after having made some other purchases.
Old 12-29-10, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, just called about it. One of the more quiet customer service calls I've had. The rep was nice and said he had heard nothing of the promotion, didn't know what the reason was why I didn't receive it and he was sorry. Credited me $15. I tried to get $20, but no dice. Still made out pretty well. Supposed to be there within 24 hours.
Old 12-29-10, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone have this issue? I tried to email Best Buy through their site but when I hit submit, a blank page comes up. I have no idea if the email went through.
Old 12-29-10, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I made out like a raped ape. It took two tries but I got the $20 GC no problem which I used towards BTTF trilogy. I had received an email asking me to rate my experience so I told them the person was great, trying to reach them was horrible, which it was. A guy emailed me a few more times asking me for details; to which I replied the auto attendant was a nightmare. He thanked me for my time and gave me another $30 for my trouble. $50 total so I really can't complain.
Old 12-29-10, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have never received a "rate your experience" email from BB before, but I surely will fill it out if I ever receive one after hearing about your experience... BTW, how exactly do you know what it's like to be a "raped ape"? Were you the stunt double in the monkey suit at the end of Trading Places?
Old 12-29-10, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
Please tell me you aren't serious.
I was thinking the same thing. It seems like in recent years people try to find any way to get money out of people/companies.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.