Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

GoHastings Free Shipping 12/17

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-10, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: GoHastings Free Shipping 12/17

Originally Posted by Kal Varnsen
I never ordered from GoHastings before, are they pretty good at sending the correct editions? I ordered some two disc special editions of DVDs. I hope I don't get single discs and fullscreen DVDs.
The last time I placed a big order from them, I got 3 incorrect editions of titles. What sucks is they will NOT replace them. They will give you a refund and usually let you keep whatever you received, but if the sale is over you are SOL on getting the actual title you wanted...
Old 12-18-10, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FREESHIP is confirmed dead. No replacement codes announced yet.
Old 12-18-10, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I never ordered from GoHastings before, are they pretty good at sending the correct editions? I ordered some two disc special editions of DVDs. I hope I don't get single discs and fullscreen DVDs.
The one bad thing I've gotten from them in this area is getting rental copies instead of the regular. The Two Disc Where the Wild Things Blu for example didn't have any of the special features.
Old 12-18-10, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts

So I ordered Ferris Buellers Day Off earlier in the week for $6.73 plus $2.27 shipping. It arrived yesterday in a 12x12x8 USPS Flat rate shipping box. The shipping cost on it? $10.95.
Old 12-18-10, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, they are going to have to close their online store unless they make changes to their shipping policy soon. Even the high cost shipping that we bitch about is a loss for them, as they send 95% of stuff individually. I think most of the stuff I order they take a loss at, even before factoring in what they paid for the item and and employee costs.
Old 12-18-10, 01:16 PM

Earlier this week, they were giving free upgraded shipping with the purchase of a gift card. Since I knew I would spend more eventually, I went ahead and added a $5 gift card to my order. It just arrived... in a $4.90 flat rate envelope.
Old 12-18-10, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No company is perfect at sending the correct edition of a dvd. I've had problems at every used dvd selling company online, including this one. But, more times than not, they get it right. It's always about the percentages.
Old 12-18-10, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by izatright
No company is perfect at sending the correct edition of a dvd. I've had problems at every used dvd selling company online, including this one. But, more times than not, they get it right. It's always about the percentages.
Barnes and Noble is the worst. This week alone, THREE of my orders were wrong! One was an incorrect version of the same movie (which is somewhat understandable), but two orders were completely different DVD's that had absolutely nothing to do with what I ordered (for instance, I received 3 DVD's of all 3 LOTR movies, instead of the Little Rascals Collection...)
Old 12-18-10, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Barnes and Noble is the worst. This week alone, THREE of my orders were wrong! One was an incorrect version of the same movie (which is somewhat understandable), but two orders were completely different DVD's that had absolutely nothing to do with what I ordered (for instance, I received 3 DVD's of all 3 LOTR movies, instead of the Little Rascals Collection...)
That sucks! Why can't shipping errors ever be in the customer's favor? I hear about it but I've never quite experienced it myself.
Old 12-19-10, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It looks like my order for Eragon and Sorcerer's apprentice shipped.

Update: I actually got both movies in the same padded envelope which is a first and both were in great condition.

Last edited by nycdude; 12-21-10 at 08:45 AM.
Old 12-19-10, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Sweet! My single order of The Road shipped
Old 12-19-10, 10:16 PM

So how often does GoHastings typically run free shipping promos?

I bought probably around 60 CDs during the free shipping promotion, the majority for < $2/each. EACH ONE is going to ship at a cost greater than $2...They've been at this e-tailing thing a long time. I just don't get what they're thinking...
Old 12-19-10, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Kwad Guy

I bought probably around 60 CDs during the free shipping promotion, the majority for < $2/each. EACH ONE is going to ship at a cost greater than $2...They've been at this e-tailing thing a long time. I just don't get what they're thinking...
I don't think they have a central warehouse - they seem to ship them from whichever retail location has it in stock.
Old 12-19-10, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Willing to say that you are probably not going to get them all in seperate mailings. I would put the over/under at about 25 packages Still a lot packages of course, but not quite what you mention. Just took a look at their website and they only have a 147 stores total so while theoretically possible that the 60 or so cd's are at all seperate stores probably will not be the case.
Old 12-20-10, 03:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It's amazing how many people have cancellations. I guess you have to know this going in, but it seems like such a waste of time for many customers. I've always had good experiences with GoHastings... my $4.00 "District 9" did ship.
Old 12-20-10, 03:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My 3 movies shipped

3:10 To Yuma
Hangover
Pineapple Express

All for $16.50
Old 12-20-10, 04:27 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Schloob1
Willing to say that you are probably not going to get them all in seperate mailings. I would put the over/under at about 25 packages Still a lot packages of course, but not quite what you mention. Just took a look at their website and they only have a 147 stores total so while theoretically possible that the 60 or so cd's are at all seperate stores probably will not be the case.
I ordered over 100 items when the Halloween costume free ship promo stacked with a 25% off code. EVERY single item was shipped individually - and my mail carrier was not a happy camper!

Oh well, deals is deals.
Old 12-20-10, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have a feeling they make a tidy profit charging $2.25 per item that it makes up for the limited free shipping promotions. They probably also write-off the losses on taxes, get a chance to rid themselves of unmovable stock and introduce new customers to the business. Sounds like a win-win to me.

And seriously, if Amazon can get away with free shipping on the items they offer free shipping for, I'm sure Gohastings is doing just fine.
Old 12-20-10, 07:16 AM

They're fairly sporadic, but I would say they run it maybe once every three months. They had this one, the Halloween promo (you still had to buy a $1.95 Halloween item) and I remember one over the Summer. They also run an occasional 20% off Blu Ray sale which might be better or worse depending on what you are buying. You really just have to keep items in your wish list and hope that they are in stock when they run the sale. It's gotten to where most of my wish list consists of titles I have never seen in stock there, and new releases. When they do run the sales, you should put your order in as early as you can so that you don't get all the items canceled. I ordered about 30 Blu Rays from them last week and only had 2 cancellations.
Old 12-21-10, 02:26 PM

So I received an order today and was surprised to see they packed 6 blu-rays into one large padded envelope. Everything arrived in great shape too. Maybe they will start doing this all the time now to cut down on the cost of shipping. I really prefered opening one package instead of 6 as well.
Old 12-22-10, 11:53 AM

So far, I've received about 20 of the 80-100 items I ordered (mostly CDs...). Those 20 came in 18 separate mailings.

Of the 20, one was one CD of a two CD set, one was the wrong (standard) edition instead of the deluxe, one was resurfaced/scratched and unplayable, and one was scratched and unplayable.

Not really batting 1000 here...
Old 12-22-10, 03:53 PM

I just received a package from GoHastings and opened it up to find a DVD I didn't order...and a packing slip with someone else's name/address on it. The quality control at this place is getting horrendous.
Old 12-22-10, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DVDMovieMan
I just received a package from GoHastings and opened it up to find a DVD I didn't order...and a packing slip with someone else's name/address on it. The quality control at this place is getting horrendous.
What was it? I'm missing a Wizard's movie from them I ordered my niece's kid.
Old 12-22-10, 05:03 PM

Ordered about 26 blurays and 2 ds games. Got shipment notifications for all of them. I think 3 have arrived, maybe 4. Problem is that my brother opened the 24 pkgs we picked up yesterday so i don't have the "memory" to figure out if the 4th one is the copy I ordered from gohastings or from amazon. (one for me, one as a gift)

Haven't actually checked the discs yet though.
Old 12-22-10, 05:13 PM

Got 6 CDs, 2 DVDs and 2 BRs so far. One DVD and 2 CDs are damaged.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.