Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Alien Anthology $40 shipped Amazon UK

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Alien Anthology $40 shipped Amazon UK

Old 02-08-11, 01:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Alien Anthology $40 shipped Amazon UK

I ordered Dec. 19, it shipped Dec. 21, and I finally got it today.
Old 02-09-11, 04:34 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

My replacement Alien Anthology was dispatched on 1/27/2011 and received on 2/7/2011. Dispatched on the same day was The Innocents blu-ray which has not arrived as of 2/9/2011. My original order from 12/17/2011 has never shown up. I live in NC. --Peter
Old 02-10-11, 08:52 AM

With some of the comments lately, I am hoping for mine to come in any day now. My original order from December 20th is still MIA, as is the replacement from January 22nd. Amazon has asked me to wait until February 22nd for arrival. Any day now...I hope.
Old 02-12-11, 08:40 PM

mine finally arrived yesterday. i'd been waiting since dec. 18 for it to show up. i have to say, alien looks great on blu-ray.
Old 02-14-11, 07:20 AM

Arrived at work this morning and she finally arrived - my order from Dec. 19th. I'll take a quick look over the next few days, but won't really have a chance to enjoy the movies for a little while. I'm just glad it finally arrived. Now to see what happens if this replacement shows up.
Old 02-14-11, 11:58 AM

I received mine on 5 Feb and I'm still going through all the special features, which are fantastic! The documentaries are so much better than the 2003 dvd versions. Alot of new stuff was added. The Alien 3 doc, "Wreakage and Rage", is definitely the standout because of all the drama that was going on.
Old 02-14-11, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's fun watching the Alien 3 doc knowing that Fincher is a contender for Best Director this year despite this movie almost ending his feature career in its cradle. He doesn't even acknowledge it to this day AFAIK. After 20 years and great commercial and critical success, I wish he'd reflect on what that pooch screw was like. In the end, it just goes to show that you shouldn't even load a camera until you've got a finished script. The way they did it was like trying to put up the wallpaper and carpet in a house that hasn't had the foundation poured because they don't know if it's a duplex or bungalow.

Also, that they spent more than a couple of hours on that stupid "wood planet" idea indicates some people weren't paying attention. "Yeah, so this space station will be made of wood and have fields we'll set on fire and on the surface will be a breathable atmosphere 10 feet deep." OMG!!
Old 02-15-11, 02:27 PM

^Yeah the wooden planet idea was a horrible one and I can't even believe they built sets for it.
Old 02-15-11, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What makes it horrible is that when it was proffered, no one said, "You're kidding, right? You also know that cough syrup is not meant to be a beverage, don't you?" Nothing wrong with tossing out wacky ideas. Plenty wrong with wasting time and money trying to develop what a five-year-old could tell you is a stupid idea.
Old 02-15-11, 08:36 PM

LOL, so my box set has been sitting in customs since Feb 7, 20 minutes from my house mind you, and I check the tracking tonight and it says it was sent to New York earlier today. The update now says "Possible delay in delivery due to arrival at incorrect carrier facility".
Old 02-15-11, 10:57 PM

replacement set showed up today.

now to figure out what to do with the extra.
Old 02-18-11, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My replacement copy arrived today. Do I contact them to get a return label or are they writing these off?
Old 02-18-11, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
My replacement copy arrived today. Do I contact them to get a return label or are they writing these off?
From 2 pages ago, someone posted this that they received

"Please note that, as set out in our returns policy, you need to return the original item to Amazon.co.uk within 30 days of the date of this e-mail. If you do not return the original item to us within 30 days, Amazon.co.uk reserves the right to charge an amount equal to the price of your original order to the payment card you used for the order."
Old 02-18-11, 02:53 PM

i got both of mine today. original order December 11.
My weekend just got hot and slimy.
Old 02-18-11, 03:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
I would go back and look at the fine print of the email they sent you after you contacted them for a replacement. Not everyone received the same fine print. I believe some said to return it or they may be charged. Others to let them know within a week if the original didn't come so they can be compensated from Royal Mail. And lastly to keep it or donate it to a library.
Old 02-18-11, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My email said (IIRC) that I'm supposed to refuse delivery or contact them for a return label. I'll check into it.
Old 02-21-11, 12:39 PM

I e-mailed them this morning after receiving my replacement after already receiving the original one. I asked them if I was correct in assuming I was responsible for paying to return the item. This is the response I got...

"We sent a replacement for an item, we usually request that you return the original item. However, as the cost of returning the package is in this case prohibitively expensive, we ask that you keep the original item with our compliments. Perhaps you would like to donate it to a charity, if you feel it would be appropriate to do so. There will be no additional charge for the replacement order."

Has anyone else got a response like this?
Old 02-21-11, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by cfmoran13
I e-mailed them this morning after receiving my replacement after already receiving the original one. I asked them if I was correct in assuming I was responsible for paying to return the item. This is the response I got...

"We sent a replacement for an item, we usually request that you return the original item. However, as the cost of returning the package is in this case prohibitively expensive, we ask that you keep the original item with our compliments. Perhaps you would like to donate it to a charity, if you feel it would be appropriate to do so. There will be no additional charge for the replacement order."

This is the response I got from Amazon on my replacement copy. I wonder why some are told to keep the copy and others are told to return it? I guess you could say it is a law of averages - half get to keep and half return, but that still wouldn't make good business sense. Maybe they only wish to report only so many as being lost or delivered late for a refund from Royal Mai? Who knows?

Thanks for letting us know that both the original and replacement orders arrived. We appreciate your honesty and apologise for the late delivery of the package.

Please return one of the packages to us.

I do understand that you are concerned about return shipping cost.

Please note that any postage charges that you incur for this return will be refunded back to you.

Please click on the following link to be brought to your personalised returns label and follow the instructions provided.
Old 02-21-11, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If anyone has an extra copy I might be willing to trade for it, I have a ton of blu's to trade. PM me and maybe we can work something out.
Old 03-01-11, 10:56 AM

My replacement Anthology arrived yesterday. If anyone is interested in buying, PM me.
Old 03-03-11, 02:04 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I also received my replacement Anthology. I'm willing to trade for an equivalent blu-ray or dvd set, or sell it. PM me.
Old 03-03-11, 03:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by cfmoran13
".... we ask that you keep the original item with our compliments."

Yes, I got that email when they sent out the second order. The package arrived yesterday after taking some time. I've already sold it to a co-worker.
Old 03-03-11, 09:33 AM

I've lowered the price on my replacement set.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-exchang...ew-sealed.html
Old 03-03-11, 04:16 PM

Well, I finally got everything straightened out with Amazon UK on this. I was going to return this today, but wanted to find out exactly how Amazon would refund my shipping cost back to them. I also asked them about why I was told to return it when others were told to keep it. I had no problem returning it, but wanted to make sure I would be reimbursed for my shipping costs.

Here is the reply I got back:

Hello,

I have reviewed our previous correspondence with you and would like to offer my sincere apologies for the misunderstanding.

Please understand that as the cost of returning the package is in this case prohibitively expensive, we ask that you keep the original item with our compliments. Perhaps you would like to donate it to a charity, if you feel it would be appropriate to do so.
I wonder if maybe they didn't look to see where I was located, and just assumed I was in the UK - I am just glad I double checked.
Old 03-06-11, 10:37 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

It's been about a month now and I still haven't received my copy. Lame.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.