Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Alien Anthology $40 shipped Amazon UK

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-11, 12:47 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: Alien Anthology $40 shipped Amazon UK

I contacted Amazon UK a few days ago and got the message to wait until January 25th. My order was supposedly dispatched on 12/17/2010 and I'm in Chapel Hill, NC. --Peter
Old 01-21-11, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

I ordered mine on Dec 15. Dispatched on Dec. 16.
It was supposed to arrive on Jan 10. But it never did.
I emailed Amazon UK on Jan 16 and they told me to wait until Jan 18th.
I waited until Jan 19 and they are resending me the Alien Anthology blu ray again.
Today on Jan 21 it showed up at my mailbox. Now the replacement blu ray is already dispatched and I am expected to get that on Feb 10.
Old 01-21-11, 03:42 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Match, what state are you in?
Old 01-21-11, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by claviusb
Match, what state are you in?
Vermont
Old 01-22-11, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 362 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by Match
I ordered mine on Dec 15. Dispatched on Dec. 16.
It was supposed to arrive on Jan 10. But it never did.
I emailed Amazon UK on Jan 16 and they told me to wait until Jan 18th.
I waited until Jan 19 and they are resending me the Alien Anthology blu ray again.
Today on Jan 21 it showed up at my mailbox. Now the replacement blu ray is already dispatched and I am expected to get that on Feb 10.
Same here. Dispatched on Dec 15. Estimated delivery date was Jan 10. Waited till Jan 15 and contacted them and they said wait till Jan 18. Here it is Jan 22 and nothing has showed up. I am going to contact them and ask for a refund. I don't want the box set any more. I will wait till next black friday and maybe get it as cheap or even cheaper.

Emailed Amazon.com UK late last night and 5 minutes later received a email saying they will refund my CC the cost of the Alien Anthology BD.

Last edited by kahuna; 01-23-11 at 07:04 PM.
Old 01-23-11, 08:13 PM

Ordered on 12/15 - received this week.
Old 01-24-11, 10:01 AM

fingers crossed i get the first of my 2 shipments this week
Old 01-24-11, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,151 Likes on 900 Posts

Wishing I would have jumped on this deal. Hopefully it'll be on sale soon again.
Old 01-24-11, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by WEEDEDOUT
fingers crossed i get the first of my 2 shipments this week
My fingers are crossed as well. Speaking of, anyone else fortunate enough to receive their copies today? Not me...
Old 01-24-11, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, that figures. My first order (the 12/15 one) arrived today in Detroit. Now we've got to keep an eye out to refuse the redo.
Old 01-24-11, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I got mine today. But I'm already a bit disappointed. It appears to work in my PS3, but the Dell monitor I have it hooked up to won't show anything (it gives the "source must be set to 1080p, 60hz" tag).

EDIT: It will work on the same monitor if I play it through the computer BD drive. I thought this region-free set had 60hz output?

EDIT 2: Nevermind. Fiddled with the PS3 settings a bit and now it works perfectly.

Last edited by DGibFen; 01-24-11 at 08:29 PM.
Old 01-24-11, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone in Florida get this?
Old 01-24-11, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone have problems with discs not loading? I just watched Aliens without incident, but Alien 3 refuses to start other than the technical jargon, "make sure your firmware is updated", screen. This is with my Sony BDP-BX2 player; up-to-date firmware. Looked at a bit of Disc #5 before and that was fine. Crap.
Old 01-24-11, 10:31 PM
Cool New Member

I have not played disc 4 or disc 6 yet, but all of the other discs have played flawlessly and look spectacular to me. I thought that disc 1 (Alien) was the problem disc for some players.
Old 01-24-11, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Alien loaded, but took it's damn sweet time. This forum has a laundry list of troublesome disc/player combos. I've noticed recent discs (probably laden with DRM and BD-Java crap) taking longer to load, but never had any crap out.

I let Alien 3 sit for 7-8 minutes and nothing happened, so I stopped it and cleared the BD cache. Restarted it and it loaded and I'm watching it now. Pesky crap.

Last edited by DirkBelig; 01-25-11 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Clarified which movie I was referring to in last graf
Old 01-24-11, 11:25 PM
Cool New Member

One thing I've noticed is that if I play one of the Alien discs and then follow it up with another one of the Alien discs, my player takes a lot longer to load than if I'd watched some other BD or DVD. That may have something to do with the MU-TH-UR mode looking to link data from one of the other Alien discs.
Old 01-26-11, 01:16 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I love the fine print for getting a replacement copy sent out:

"Please note that, as set out in our returns policy, you need to return the original item to Amazon.co.uk within 30 days of the date of this e-mail. If you do not return the original item to us within 30 days, Amazon.co.uk reserves the right to charge an amount equal to the price of your original order to the payment card you used for the order."

Has anyone ever been double-billed because their original order never showed up?

Peter
Old 01-26-11, 02:00 PM

I ordered my original copy on Dec. 19th and it was shipped out on the 20th. The estimated deliver date was January 12th. I contacted them about never receiving it and they shipped out a new copy on January 22nd, with an estimated delivery of February 14th. Still waiting for something to show up.

In the replacement email, they told me the following:

Please note that within 15 workings days of this free replacement, you will receive an e-mail asking whether the original order was received to date. A response to this e-mail is required and we reserve the right to charge your original payment method or claim for payment for the above order if a response is not received within 14 days of the dispatch of the e-mail.

Your response is required for audit purposes with Royal Mail so that Amazon can claim the cost of the order for non-arrival. It is a requirement from Royal Mail that the recipient of the parcel confirms whether the original order was received.
Old 01-26-11, 03:30 PM

I still have nothing after forty-four days in North Carolina.
Old 01-26-11, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 263 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by BlockbusterDude
My total also came to $46.88.

**Make sure that you select... Standard (6-10 business days), otherwise the faster shipping charges you £14.99

Here's my confirmation screen...

It is about $43.41, now if anyone is still interested in this.
Old 01-26-11, 10:56 PM

Just ordered the American version for 58 bucks. Not a bad deal and it's supposedly brand new. Got it off Amazon Marketplace, if it's not what i think it is then I'll return it.
Old 01-27-11, 03:25 AM

Too bad I can't use my amazon CG on amazon.uk
Old 01-27-11, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Proglodite
I love the fine print for getting a replacement copy sent out:

"Please note that, as set out in our returns policy, you need to return the original item to Amazon.co.uk within 30 days of the date of this e-mail. If you do not return the original item to us within 30 days, Amazon.co.uk reserves the right to charge an amount equal to the price of your original order to the payment card you used for the order."

Has anyone ever been double-billed because their original order never showed up?

Peter
I am in the same boat as several of you. However, I just received my first copy (over 30 days later). I contacted Amazon.co.uk again to ask what I should do when I get the second copy. They said I should refuse delivery, but if that's not possible I can keep the order with "their compliments" because of the prohibitive cost of returning something internationally, and they mentioned perhaps donating it to charity. Since I'm always at work when the mail comes (and it's coming USPS like the first set), I don't see how I can refuse delivery.

It doesn't sound like they're going to charge me twice, but I'll keep an eye on it. I may even end up with two copies for the price of one but I'm not holding my breath.

As for the set itself, I like it. I don't care for the age rating on the box and on the cover of each disc, but I think that's a legal thing in Europe. I like the packaging better than the US version, at least from the pictures I've seen. I've tried watching each disc on my computer, and although I didn't watch any of the movies or features in their entirety, they all seemed to work. I haven't tried it on my set-top player yet. I did notice the Live Extras didn't seem to load, but they're usually crappy anyway, and I've had trouble getting them to work on several of my Blu-rays.
Old 01-27-11, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

On a side note...despite being annoyed at not receiving my November Amazon UK order in time for Christmas, I found a few other things I wanted and placed another order with them on January 14th. Well, I received the package on the 25th. It appears things are back to normal...at least for now.
Old 01-27-11, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Ecthelion
I am in the same boat as several of you. However, I just received my first copy (over 30 days later). I contacted Amazon.co.uk again to ask what I should do when I get the second copy. They said I should refuse delivery, but if that's not possible I can keep the order with "their compliments" because of the prohibitive cost of returning something internationally, and they mentioned perhaps donating it to charity. Since I'm always at work when the mail comes (and it's coming USPS like the first set), I don't see how I can refuse delivery.

It doesn't sound like they're going to charge me twice, but I'll keep an eye on it. I may even end up with two copies for the price of one but I'm not holding my breath.
It'd be almost impossible to catch the mailman at my g/f's, so I figured I'd have to get a label or have them bill me for the duplicate. If they are letting us keep the 2nd one, that'd be sweet. I'd either donate them to a friend or the library.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.