Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

MORE Amazon Movies & TV Lightning Deals: Dec. 13-17

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-10, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: MORE Amazon Movies & TV Lightning Deals: Dec. 13-17

Dirty Harry Collection (Dirty Harry / Magnum Force / The Enforcer / Sudden Impact / The Dead Pool) [Blu-ray] $28.99

Dirty Harry Ultimate Collector's Edition (Dirty Harry / Magnum Force / The Enforcer / Sudden Impact / The Dead Pool) [Blu-ray] (2008) $109.99 ($49.99 during LD)

the difference (even during the LD) seems to be a little high. Even accounting MSRP's (129.96 vs. 64.98), that seems a lot for special features.

NOTHING so far for the first two days. I would like that Sound of Music, but it's about $14 too much for me right now.
Old 12-13-10, 08:19 AM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

(I posted this is in the DVD section thinking it was the Blu Ray Bargains thread)

I don't suppose there is anyone willing to pick me up the 'Watchmen' set if that becomes available at $14.99? Unfortunately I will beat work and have no access to the internet at all and really don't want to miss out on the set.

PM me if anyone can help - it would be much appreciated. I have positive feedback on the trading list, eBay and I'm in charge of a DVDTalk FF league to back up my honesty.
Old 12-13-10, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I agree. Nothing for me on these 2 days of lightning deals. Amazon clearly isn't trying as hard on these prices as they were during BF week.
Old 12-13-10, 08:42 AM

Ok, I'm nostalgic, are these prices, such as The Abbott & Costello Show: The Complete Series, gonna be $25.99 for 9 discs, or is that possibly going lower? As there's no price showing on the map, but on the Amazon page it gives that price. Nice price as it is by the way, but if it'll go lower I'm in. I grew up watching these shows & love them.
Old 12-13-10, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by DVDMagic
(I posted this is in the DVD section thinking it was the Blu Ray Bargains thread)

I don't suppose there is anyone willing to pick me up the 'Watchmen' set if that becomes available at $14.99? Unfortunately I will beat work and have no access to the internet at all and really don't want to miss out on the set.

PM me if anyone can help - it would be much appreciated. I have positive feedback on the trading list, eBay and I'm in charge of a DVDTalk FF league to back up my honesty.
I take it you really just want the ship? I own the discs but only want the ship, same with the Batman. Alice does nothing for our collection as I only collect real cells not the made one.
Old 12-13-10, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Giallofan
Ok, I'm nostalgic, are these prices, such as The Abbott & Costello Show: The Complete Series, gonna be $25.99 for 9 discs, or is that possibly going lower? As there's no price showing on the map, but on the Amazon page it gives that price. Nice price as it is by the way, but if it'll go lower I'm in. I grew up watching these shows & love them.
Must have missed the link to that one? DVD on these are fine. Like you I also watched them on TV as a kid. Do you know if its all of their movies? If so even at that price I will buy it.

I have seen so many John Wayne box sets. Why is it they cannot put them all into one BIG set? I have only found one set (4 movie set at that) that has "The Cowboys" in it.
Old 12-13-10, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Manzana
I agree. Nothing for me on these 2 days of lightning deals. Amazon clearly isn't trying as hard on these prices as they were during BF week.
I guess it really depends on what you own or looking for. I did buy the sound of music last week. But really wanted the box set. If its under $30 I will buy it and send the other one back. I only see 3 that I would buy (two of them being the Batman or watchmen). If they cut the price on the Dirty Harry I may buy it (MAY).
Old 12-13-10, 08:56 AM

It seems to be the entire run of A&C shows drq2. Was just searching around & found this: All 52 episodes of The Abbott and Costello Show are included with this release, spread across eight discs, allotting the first four discs to Season One and the remaining four to Season Two. It says on Amazon 9 discs, so that's probably bonus stuff?
Old 12-13-10, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by drq2
Must have missed the link to that one? DVD on these are fine. Like you I also watched them on TV as a kid. Do you know if its all of their movies? If so even at that price I will buy it.
I just want to make sure you know that this is the TV show and not the movies. I know I'd be really disappointed if I was expecting the Universal movies and got the TV series instead.
Old 12-13-10, 09:53 AM

I'm fully aware that they're the tv shows. I didn't pick up that drq2 noted "movies" though. good catch.
Old 12-13-10, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by bwsmom
I'm curious to know how much the Burns Baseball set is going to go for, too.
$39.99. I'm in for 1.
Old 12-13-10, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by bluetoast
Soap the complete series? I'll be keeping an eye on that...
I got it back in March from Amazon for $25.99. I wonder if they will go lower for this deal.
Old 12-13-10, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
Dirty Harry Collection (Dirty Harry / Magnum Force / The Enforcer / Sudden Impact / The Dead Pool) [Blu-ray] $28.99

Dirty Harry Ultimate Collector's Edition (Dirty Harry / Magnum Force / The Enforcer / Sudden Impact / The Dead Pool) [Blu-ray] (2008) $109.99 ($49.99 during LD)

the difference (even during the LD) seems to be a little high. Even accounting MSRP's (129.96 vs. 64.98), that seems a lot for special features.
I agree, it does. Especially if, like me, this would be a triple dip (after getting the bare bones releases, then upgrading to the SD Ultimate Edition). If the special features are the same as the standard def Ultimate Editions, I could live with just having the BLU version for the picture alone. (I already have the badge, booklet, etc..)
Old 12-13-10, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I guess it really depends on what you own or looking for. I did buy the sound of music last week. But really wanted the box set. If its under $30 I will buy it and send the other one back. I only see 3 that I would buy (two of them being the Batman or watchmen). If they cut the price on the Dirty Harry I may buy it (MAY).
The Sound of Music (Limited Edition Collector's Set) will be $38.99 tomorrow.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...6846&x=74&y=15
Old 12-13-10, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

I have seen so many John Wayne box sets. Why is it they cannot put them all into one BIG set? I have only found one set (4 movie set at that) that has "The Cowboys" in it.
Owned by different studios. E.g., Warner has The Cowboys and The Searchers, Paramount has True Grit and Liberty Valance, someone else (Lionsgate?) has The Quiet Man. And a bunch are in public domain.
Old 12-13-10, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jwstl
Then don't buy it. Leave it for someone who might actually enjoy it.
Old 12-13-10, 06:12 PM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

I take it you really just want the ship? I own the discs but only want the ship, same with the Batman. Alice does nothing for our collection as I only collect real cells not the made one.
Well, a little bit of both. I just picked up the Dr Manhattan version from BB, but I can gift that at Christmas. I thought it was a good movie and I wouldn't mind having it in my collection - the ship just adds something else to it.

Last edited by DVDMagic; 12-14-10 at 08:24 PM.
Old 12-13-10, 09:56 PM

Absolutely nothing on my list for Tuesday... I was hoping for a better overall selection of Lightning Deals from Amazon for a second time around...

Old 12-13-10, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by lizard
The Sound of Music (Limited Edition Collector's Set) will be $38.99 tomorrow.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...6846&x=74&y=15
I'm going to try for it, I did get it last week. I do collect these kind of sets. I like the cards that come with most sets, but what is the box (gold box) that is in there?

Just in case I have the one that I pickup last week pack and ready to be ship back to Amazon if I get one.

Something has me wondering. On BF they said if so many people signed up on Facebook they would make Mad Men cheaper. They did not get it but yet they did make it cheaper. I'm really shooting for all 3 of them at $14.99 Alice does nothing for me, but the other two I have room for. My Tron disc (The ID Disc) came today. If they do it, I am wondering if you can buy two of them (one of each, I just want the extra items not the movies as I own them).
Old 12-13-10, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Lecithin
I agree, it does. Especially if, like me, this would be a triple dip (after getting the bare bones releases, then upgrading to the SD Ultimate Edition). If the special features are the same as the standard def Ultimate Editions, I could live with just having the BLU version for the picture alone. (I already have the badge, booklet, etc..)
What comes with this again? I have not open the set I order last week.
Old 12-13-10, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Despite my best attempt to hold back I went ahead and ordered the Thriller Complete Series set earlier today during its lightning deal. I hope it is worth the 68 bucks.
Old 12-14-10, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Why someone would buy something they hate for ANY price just doesn't compute to me

Unless he's an ebay reseller, that would explain a lot.
Old 12-14-10, 03:40 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

wow these lighting deals are definately not as nice as the black friday week ones.
Karate kid for 11.99? the essential holiday collection 41.99 julie and julia 9.99

I was hopeing Julie and Julia would have been 5.00 bucks or 5.99 since it was one of the 5.00 titles at walmart durring black friday, and amazon pretty much matched the 5.00 price titles in that round of lightining deals. oh well.
Iam sure this means pirates wont be discounted that deeply either.
Old 12-14-10, 03:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks

NOTHING so far for the first two days. I would like that Sound of Music, but it's about $14 too much for me right now.
Is there even a difference in the special features between the two sets?
I allready have the dirty harry collection from the wbshop bf sale, and that has quite a bit of special features on it.
Old 12-14-10, 07:20 AM

I agree with others - after the BF deals, these seem rather mundane. The prices are not that incredible, some barely a deal at all. I am only tempted by a few - Watchmen, Ken Burn's Baseball and Ally McBeal.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.