Reload this Page >

Watchmen: The Ultimate Cut $36 at WBshop

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Old 12-07-10, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought the BD of the Ultimate Cut was out of print but apparently they made more or found some in the warehouse. It's available for $36 for Insider Rewards members and ground shipping is free on all orders. And don't forget the cash backs sites to save a bit more.
Old 12-07-10, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Watchmen: The Ultimate Cut $36 at WBshop

Yeah, and be prepared to wait a shit load of time. Had this ordered three months ago. They strung me along for a month and a half before they canceled it. I reordered it a week and a half ago when it first showed up and it still hasn't been fulfilled. Ignore that "ships in 7 days." For Warner Backorder (is that nickname catching on yet?) that means an indefinite amount of time from 7 days to forever.
Old 12-07-10, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just received the SD version of this yesterday, LOL. Well, it cost me $13 and I think I'm just going to live with it.

As much as I would like this on Blu, I still can't justify spending so much money on a single movie. I'd rather get the original KING KONG and MALTESE FALCON combined for the same price, two movies I know I will watch more often than this ULTIMATE CUT, which will probably only be a once every few years screening.
Old 12-07-10, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by izatright
Yeah, and be prepared to wait a shit load of time. Had this ordered three months ago. They strung me along for a month and a half before they canceled it. I reordered it a week and a half ago when it first showed up and it still hasn't been fulfilled. Ignore that "ships in 7 days." For Warner Backorder (is that nickname catching on yet?) that means an indefinite amount of time from 7 days to forever.
I've ordered many things from WBShop only had one item on a long backorder which is more than I can say for other places. Anyway...
I'm ok if they doesn't ship this right away because I don't really want to be billed it for now anyway. The only reason I ordered it is because I had other items I was interested in and this brought my total over $100 which allowed me to use the SAVINGS code for $20 off. If I don't get a shipping notice in the next couple of weeks I'll probably cancel the order. I'm having a bit of buyer's remorse today.
Old 12-07-10, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jwstl
The only reason I ordered it is because I had other items I was interested in and this brought my total over $100 which allowed me to use the SAVINGS code for $20 off. If I don't get a shipping notice in the next couple of weeks I'll probably cancel the order. I'm having a bit of buyer's remorse today.
If you like the movie, it's worth the wait. But I think everyone should be aware they might just string you along and cancel it after a month and a half.
Old 12-07-10, 04:36 PM

I ordered it several months ago as well and it was canceled :/ I don't think they will honor the orders
Old 12-07-10, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by lilmotto
I ordered it several months ago as well and it was canceled :/ I don't think they will honor the orders
We'll see. Last week I received an email from them with the BD of the Ultimate Cut listed with a note about the sale price. And I know for a fact it was removed from the site for quite awhile and now it's back. Odd that they would send an email about it if they haven't had it for months.
Old 12-07-10, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I've ordered many things from WBShop only had one item on a long backorder which is more than I can say for other places. Anyway...
I'm ok if they doesn't ship this right away because I don't really want to be billed it for now anyway. The only reason I ordered it is because I had other items I was interested in and this brought my total over $100 which allowed me to use the SAVINGS code for $20 off. If I don't get a shipping notice in the next couple of weeks I'll probably cancel the order. I'm having a bit of buyer's remorse today.
they will bill you instantly for it, they don't wait to charge your card.

I know because I just placed an order last week. Hasn't shipped but was charged last week for it.
Old 12-07-10, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

True, but if it's backordered the charge will fall off and cancel. Once it's ready it'll recharge you. That's what happened with my Inception briefcase order. As for this Watchmen set, it charged and already fell off.
Old 12-07-10, 09:22 PM
Banned

Just beware. The last time these were made available, they were obviously retail returns. Many had to ship their copies back because of visible damage and floating discs.
Old 12-08-10, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I can't even get them to ship the IN-STOCK discs I ordered back on November 26. They are as bad as Deep Discount. (Who also strung me along for months on the Ultimate Edition, just to cancel it in the end.)
Old 12-09-10, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

They are advertising the Ultimate Cut BD as a Holiday Wish List daily deal for Monday the 13th. I can't imagine why they would choose this as a daily deal if they don't have them or expect to get them.
Old 12-09-10, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Lecithin
I can't even get them to ship the IN-STOCK discs I ordered back on November 26. They are as bad as Deep Discount. (Who also strung me along for months on the Ultimate Edition, just to cancel it in the end.)
People have been waiting months for stuff from DD. You've been waiting less than 2 weeks for items ordered on a holiday. There's no comparison....yet.
Old 12-09-10, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Lecithin
They are as bad as Deep Discount. (Who also strung me along for months on the Ultimate Edition, just to cancel it in the end.)
Yep, that is who got me on the Ultimate Edition as well. I ordered it from them not long after it was released in a sale, and they never shipped it to me. I had to flat out demand they cancel the order after no telling how long. It was months and months, I know that for sure. Because of them, I still don't own this set to this day.
Old 12-09-10, 02:48 PM

WBShop left me in the cold on some Chaplin box sets even though it said they would ship right away when I ordered and I got notices on two separate occasions that they would be shipping within the next 48 hours. Bad customer service!
Old 12-09-10, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They have awesome customer service for damaged goods. But when it comes to backordered items, nuts to that action! Still, I'm glad they came through with the Inception set.
Old 12-09-10, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by izatright
Same story here. But I haven't had any problems with them otherwise.
Old 12-09-10, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

People have been waiting months for stuff from DD. You've been waiting less than 2 weeks for items ordered on a holiday. There's no comparison....yet.
No, I know DeepDiscount has them beat, for the moment, on really delayed orders.
Old 12-10-10, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

never mind.

Edit: never mind.
Old 12-11-10, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 597 Likes on 431 Posts

They are advertising the Ultimate Cut BD as a Holiday Wish List daily deal for Monday the 13th. I can't imagine why they would choose this as a daily deal if they don't have them or expect to get them.
Its cheaper to order now then what the price shows for that deal on monday.
Old 12-11-10, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by whotony
Its cheaper to order now then what the price shows for that deal on monday.
Not true. You still get the 25% off of the sale price on monday
Old 12-11-10, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That still doesn't change the fact that I reordered this two weeks ago and have yet to receive a ship date. Perhaps they're waiting until after this sale, or perhaps they're just screwing with us again.
Old 12-11-10, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I was surprised when I noticed they were still giving 25% off some these sale prices. Today, you can get Rome: The Complete Series BD for $56. You can also get Planet Earth for $31. Not bad.
Old 12-13-10, 05:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm going to roll the dice on this one because I have wanted this forever and although it is way more than I typically would pay for a blu-ray, since it's virtually OOP I'll give it a shot.

I still see $48, I wonder when the price drop happens?
Old 12-13-10, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 866 Likes on 390 Posts

Originally Posted by Numes
I still see $48, I wonder when the price drop happens?

It's live now, had to wait until 8:30 a.m.

Unit Price: $37.95
Quantity: 1
Promotion: -$9.49
Total Price: $28.46

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.