Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

Old 04-12-11, 12:01 PM
  #2026  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Detroit
Posts: 3,518
Re: Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

Originally Posted by Future Man View Post
My copy of The Losers arrived with no security tape, just shrink wrapped, but was otherwise normal. Anyone know why amazon might ship a new Blu ray wthout security tape?
Most studios are shipping without that security sticker crap these days, don't worry.
Kory is offline  
Old 04-12-11, 03:22 PM
  #2027  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 2,056
Re: Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post
Really? I always assumed they just quit pressing/shipping and let what was out there languish on the shelves until they were gone.

Not really a big deal this time around if you have kept up on all the deals. Everyone should already own all these through various deals.
I rarely shop B&M any more, but online many vendors seem to still have stock available long after the titles are vaulted.

I always assumed they could just continue selling until stock was depleted.
Superdaddy is offline  
Old 04-12-11, 03:58 PM
  #2028  
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Formerly known as "Solid Snake PAC"/Denton, Tx
Posts: 39,239
Re: Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni View Post
Which is why you should've bought them on release day with the disney coupon, they were all $10-16.
True..but in my situation at those respected times I was not able to get those cuz

1. Had just gotten my PS3 as Snow White came out...didn't know about the coupons yet (this was October 2009)
2. Pinocchio came out before I got my PS3. (March 2009)
3. When Fantasia was coming out, I was really fucking close to not being able to pay for classes. I was actually going to get this set but...every little penny mattered at moment for me to pay for my classes. So...I didn't get it.

So...if this the best deal I can get considering the time constraint and the unknown factor of how long it'll be before Disney gets these things out again on the format again...if ever. Playing into the fact that BD is about to hit it's 5 year anniversary...who knows when the next format exists for us to use and if Disney will release these things again on the format cuz DVD had some issues w/ that, no?
Solid Snake is offline  
Old 04-12-11, 05:16 PM
  #2029  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,651
Re: Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC View Post
True..but in my situation at those respected times I was not able to get those cuz

1. Had just gotten my PS3 as Snow White came out...didn't know about the coupons yet (this was October 2009)
2. Pinocchio came out before I got my PS3. (March 2009)
3. When Fantasia was coming out, I was really fucking close to not being able to pay for classes. I was actually going to get this set but...every little penny mattered at moment for me to pay for my classes. So...I didn't get it.

So...if this the best deal I can get considering the time constraint and the unknown factor of how long it'll be before Disney gets these things out again on the format again...if ever. Playing into the fact that BD is about to hit it's 5 year anniversary...who knows when the next format exists for us to use and if Disney will release these things again on the format cuz DVD had some issues w/ that, no?
You might do better by joining the Disney Blu-Ray Club. I'm not a member, but I was reading that thread recently, and they average like $9 per title. You may want to go into the Clubs area and read more information on that.

Last edited by kenbenobi; 04-12-11 at 08:10 PM.
kenbenobi is offline  
Old 04-12-11, 05:53 PM
  #2030  
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Formerly known as "Solid Snake PAC"/Denton, Tx
Posts: 39,239
Re: Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

I am part of that Rewards club. SINCE 09 I've gotten the ones that I can via the coupons or whatever deal was better at that time. I'm just saying...those 3 films I was unavailable to get due to reasons that existed for me not to get them.
Solid Snake is offline  
Old 04-12-11, 07:10 PM
  #2031  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
sumdeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,040
Re: Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

^ He's not talking about the Rewards Club. He's talking about the Movie Club/Blu-ray Club, which is like Disney's version of Columbia House.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs/5...-ray-club.html
sumdeus is offline  
Old 04-12-11, 07:30 PM
  #2032  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nightmare Alley
Posts: 17,112
Re: Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

Way of the Gun - $6.99
The Relic - $6.99
NoirFan is offline  
Old 04-12-11, 07:40 PM
  #2033  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Gizmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Formerly known as "GizmoDVD"/Southern CA
Posts: 30,396
Re: Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

Originally Posted by Future Man View Post
My copy of The Losers arrived with no security tape, just shrink wrapped, but was otherwise normal. Anyone know why amazon might ship a new Blu ray wthout security tape?
Lots of Blu-rays nowadays do not have Security Stickers.
Gizmo is offline  
Old 04-12-11, 08:13 PM
  #2034  
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,651
Re: Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

Originally Posted by sumdeus View Post
^ He's not talking about the Rewards Club. He's talking about the Movie Club/Blu-ray Club, which is like Disney's version of Columbia House.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs/5...-ray-club.html
Ya, that's the one. I have amended my post to reflect the correct title... I guess phone orders is the way to go, since more titles are available than on the web...
kenbenobi is offline  
Old 04-12-11, 08:57 PM
  #2035  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Goldberg74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 16,631
Re: Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

Originally Posted by g View Post
Buy Cloudy with a chance of meatballs BD for 9.99 and get 10 dollars in movie cash for Soul Surfer or 5.00 concession cash. Other movies available to qualify until april 25.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...62771&plpage=1
Thanks OP!
Goldberg74 is offline  
Old 04-12-11, 09:13 PM
  #2036  
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Formerly known as "Solid Snake PAC"/Denton, Tx
Posts: 39,239
Re: Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

Originally Posted by sumdeus View Post
^ He's not talking about the Rewards Club. He's talking about the Movie Club/Blu-ray Club, which is like Disney's version of Columbia House.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs/5...-ray-club.html
it has been noted....
Solid Snake is offline  
Old 04-12-11, 11:15 PM
  #2037  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NYC-ish
Posts: 3,270
Re: Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

Originally Posted by sumdeus View Post
^ He's not talking about the Rewards Club. He's talking about the Movie Club/Blu-ray Club, which is like Disney's version of Columbia House.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-clubs/5...-ray-club.html
I would hope not. The first rule of Rewards Club is you do not talk about Rewards Club.
Ropes Pierre is offline  
Old 04-13-11, 09:36 AM
  #2038  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
lizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: the Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 7,937
Previous lists:
4-11-11, 4-10-11, 4-9-11, 4-8-11, 4-7-11, 4-6-11, 4-5-11, 4-4-11, 4-3-11, 4-1-11, 3-31-11, 3-30-11, 3-29-11, 3-28-11, 3-27-11, 3-26-11, 3-25-11, 3-24-11, 3-23-11, 3-22-11, 3-21-11, 3-20-11, 3-18-11, 3-17-11, 3-16-11, 3-15-11, 3-14-11, 3-13-11, 3-12-11,
[Prices may have changed since titles were posted. Or not.]


Here are today's New Lows:

The Relic $6.99 [See "More Buying Choices"]
The Haunting in Connecticut $6.99
The Way of the Gun $6.99 [See "More Buying Choices"]

White Lion $10.49

Lost in Space $10.99

The Crew $14.49

Due Date $14.99

The Island (Pre-order) $16.99

Splice $17.99

Twilight $18.49
The Twilight Saga: New Moon $18.49 [See "More Buying Choices", limited stock at $16.53 from third party seller]
The Twilight Saga: Eclipse (Single-Disc Edition) $18.49

Ip Man 2 (Collector's Edition) (Pre-order) $18.99

Happythankyoumoreplease (Pre-order) $20.99

Bambi (Two-Disc Diamond Edition Blu-ray/DVD Combo in Blu-ray Packaging) (1942) $22.49

Gnomeo & Juliet (Two-Disc Blu-ray / DVD Combo) (Pre-order) $24.99

Gnomeo and Juliet (Three-Disc Combo: Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray/DVD + Digital Copy) (Pre-order) $29.99

Last edited by lizard; 04-13-11 at 12:05 PM.
lizard is offline  
Old 04-13-11, 09:40 AM
  #2039  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Larry C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Let's Go Heat!
Posts: 7,495
Re: Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

Originally Posted by lizard View Post
Previous lists:
4-11-11, 4-10-11, 4-9-11, 4-8-11, 4-7-11, 4-6-11, 4-5-11, 4-4-11, 4-3-11, 4-1-11, 3-31-11, 3-30-11, 3-29-11, 3-28-11, 3-27-11, 3-26-11, 3-25-11, 3-24-11, 3-23-11, 3-22-11, 3-21-11, 3-20-11, 3-18-11, 3-17-11, 3-16-11, 3-15-11, 3-14-11, 3-13-11, 3-12-11,
[Prices may have changed since titles were posted. Or not.]


Here are today's New Lows:

The Relic $6.99 [See "More Buying Choices"]
The Haunting in Connecticut $6.99
The Way of the Gun $6.99 [See "More Buying Choices"]

White Lion $10.49

The Crew $14.49

Due Date $14.99

The Island (Pre-order) $16.99

Twilight $18.49
The Twilight Saga: New Moon $18.49 [See "More Buying Choices", limited stock at $16.54 from third party seller]
The Twilight Saga: Eclipse (Single-Disc Edition) $18.49

Happythankyoumoreplease (Pre-order) $20.99

Bambi (Two-Disc Diamond Edition Blu-ray/DVD Combo in Blu-ray Packaging) (1942) $22.49

Gnomeo & Juliet (Two-Disc Blu-ray / DVD Combo) (Pre-order) $24.99

Het Lizard the Relic is showing $12.15 for me.... The same thing happened to me the other day but I close and reopened the page and it corrected itself but not today...
Larry C. is offline  
Old 04-13-11, 09:56 AM
  #2040  
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 882
Re: Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

Originally Posted by Larry C. View Post
Het Lizard the Relic is showing $12.15 for me.... The same thing happened to me the other day but I close and reopened the page and it corrected itself but not today...
Click on 30 new and you will see it for $6.99 from Amazon

Last edited by junglalien; 04-13-11 at 10:03 AM.
junglalien is offline  
Old 04-13-11, 10:34 AM
  #2041  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
riotinmyskull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: portsmouth, va
Posts: 9,178
Re: Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

Originally Posted by Larry C. View Post
Het Lizard the Relic is showing $12.15 for me.... The same thing happened to me the other day but I close and reopened the page and it corrected itself but not today...
which is precisely why he listed "see more buying choices"
riotinmyskull is offline  
Old 04-13-11, 11:01 AM
  #2042  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Kal-El's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 7,973
Re: Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

Not sure how long it's been at this price, but the Batman Anthology is $26.99 right now. So I'm going to Fry's during my lunch and price matching that baby.
Kal-El is offline  
Old 04-13-11, 11:11 AM
  #2043  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Lateralus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Valley of Megiddo
Posts: 9,569
Re: Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

Originally Posted by g View Post
Buy Cloudy with a chance of meatballs BD for 9.99 and get 10 dollars in movie cash for Soul Surfer or 5.00 concession cash. Other movies available to qualify until april 25.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...62771&plpage=1
Sweet, been waiting for this to come down, now with movie cash to boot!

Thanks!
Lateralus is offline  
Old 04-13-11, 11:15 AM
  #2044  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Larry C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Let's Go Heat!
Posts: 7,495
Re: Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull View Post
which is precisely why he listed "see more buying choices"
Sorry dammit I was only trying to be helpful. I didn't see the "see more buying choices" or even know what that means.
Larry C. is offline  
Old 04-13-11, 11:18 AM
  #2045  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Larry C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Let's Go Heat!
Posts: 7,495
Re: Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

Originally Posted by junglalien View Post
Click on 30 new and you will see it for $6.99 from Amazon
Ah nice I've never really clicked on that since i don't ever buy from marketplace. But thanks for the heads up. I figured if Amazon had it, it would always be the default seller.
Larry C. is offline  
Old 04-13-11, 11:38 AM
  #2046  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,472
Re: Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

Originally Posted by Larry C. View Post
I figured if Amazon had it, it would always be the default seller.
I believe it was discovered that when Amazon is out of stock they default to the lowest Prime eligible Marketplace seller.
jwstl is offline  
Old 04-13-11, 11:40 AM
  #2047  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
riotinmyskull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: portsmouth, va
Posts: 9,178
Re: Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

Originally Posted by Larry C. View Post
Sorry dammit I was only trying to be helpful. I didn't see the "see more buying choices" or even know what that means.
i know you were man...but lizard is normally on top of things
riotinmyskull is offline  
Old 04-13-11, 11:48 AM
  #2048  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Posts: 12,896
Re: Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

Damn the Twilight movies are still too expensive.
Timber is online now  
Old 04-13-11, 12:01 PM
  #2049  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Unique New York
Posts: 4,234
Re: Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

Originally Posted by Timber View Post
Damn the Twilight movies are still too expensive.
I keep them in my cart as my mother likes them, and asked me to pick them up on the cheap for her.

I can't believe they haven't dropped below $18
JoeyOhhhh is offline  
Old 04-13-11, 12:11 PM
  #2050  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Larry C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Let's Go Heat!
Posts: 7,495
Re: Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull View Post
i know you were man...but lizard is normally on top of things
Shit yeah he is... I would kill go crazy if I put myself through this.
Larry C. is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.