Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

Old 08-01-11, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

Still cant believe that they havent matched best buys price on spy kids movies yet.
Old 08-02-11, 04:36 AM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Resident Evil Trilogy is down to 15.99
Old 08-02-11, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hottie Terminator* S1 and S2 are $21.99.

* Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
Old 08-02-11, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by g View Post
I remember when I thought I got a deal when I paid twice that. Heck of a bargain at that price point.
Old 08-02-11, 08:49 AM

Like a broken record, whenever someone posts a deal on Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, I always feel obligated to mention www.dvd2blu.com still has the "any" DVD trade-in deal (free shipping over $35) with these at $14.95 each. Unfortunately you have to find $5.10 in something else to get free shipping which means buying 2 $4.95 or 1 $6.95 BD, but it would still be about the same price as Amazon for both + you get another movie.

That's a great price on the Resident Evil Trilogy. I paid $24.99 long ago and thought I got a good deal then. One (I in particular) must learn that the price limit on any BD trilogy is $19.99 which is what I've paid for most sets (Spiderman, Robocop, Die Hard and Rocky (more than a trilogy)).

And now for something very puzzling I just noticed when I saw the Scream 4 BD listed... http://www.amazon.com/Scream-5-Film-.../dp/B0057YUV6C

I'm so out of it I didn't even know there was a 4th Scream movie! I had preordered the Scream Trilogy BD for $19.99 (with the bonus disc) last month. So I went back to look at my order. It still says "Scream Trilogy", but it links to an item now called "Scream 5 Film Set" showing 5 discs instead of 4 but only listing the first 3 movies. If I add the Scream 5 Film Set to my cart, it retains that name rather than "Trilogy". I'm assuming this is an error on Amazon's part. However, on the small chance it isn't, I preordered this one too and saved a PDF in case Amazon does have a 5 disc (4 Film Set) and decides to honor their mistake (once they catch it). Yeah, a long shot I know. Most likely it'll revert to the Trilogy and I'll end up canceling the 2nd copy.

Now I've got to do some research (unless someone cares to post and save me time):
Disneynature: African Cats (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo in Blu-ray Packaging) (Pre-order)$25.99

Is this a re-edit of the old The African Cat nature documentary from the 1960's or 1970's that was released in the Walt Disney True-Life Adventures tins, or did Disney make a brand new documentary with Samuel Jackson as the narrator? It sounds like the latter, so I guess I'll have to put it on my buy list for when it gets a LOT cheaper.

Last edited by Manzana; 08-02-11 at 08:56 AM.
Old 08-02-11, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana View Post
Now I've got to do some research (unless someone cares to post and save me time):
Disneynature: African Cats (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo in Blu-ray Packaging) (Pre-order)$25.99

Is this a re-edit of the old The African Cat nature documentary from the 1960's or 1970's that was released in the Walt Disney True-Life Adventures tins, or did Disney make a brand new documentary with Samuel Jackson as the narrator? It sounds like the latter, so I guess I'll have to put it on my buy list for when it gets a LOT cheaper.
New film. This was their annual Earth Day Disneynature theatrical release (obviously cleverly planned to sync with the release of The Lion King on BD this year).
Old 08-02-11, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by g View Post
a buy at that price and to think I thought $25 for the trilogy was a good price. Lesson learned is patience is everything.
Old 08-02-11, 09:40 AM

Superdaddy, thanks for the info. I'll put The African Cats BD on my buy list when it approaches the $10 mark (quite a while I'm sure). At least it's all new material and not a tricky edit job like they did with Disneynature: Earth which was just a re-edit of Planet Earth material (no reason to own if you already own Planet Earth).

Speaking of Planet Earth, I assume everyone knows there's a double-dip BD coming out on October 4th? It makes me wonder if the improvements are significant enough that I should sell my unopened BD on eBay quickly... http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Pla...-Edition/15629

Originally Posted by nycdude View Post
a buy at that price and to think I thought $25 for the trilogy was a good price. Lesson learned is patience is everything.
Exactly. Patience is everything on buying DVDs/BDs, and patience is directly proportional to the size of one's backlog of movies and TV shows to watch. My backlog is HUGE... tracts of land.
Old 08-02-11, 09:49 AM

Cheapest I've seen Piranha anywhere. Too bad I bought it at Blockbuster a few months for 12.99 used.
Old 08-02-11, 10:20 AM

Venture Bros goes down another couple of dollars. Woot. Now if it could just hit $20, I would be willing to buy it .
Old 08-02-11, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow, great price on the Resident Evil trilogy. Of course, I have them already...
Old 08-02-11, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

And now for something very puzzling I just noticed when I saw the Scream 4 BD listed... http://www.amazon.com/Scream-5-Film-.../dp/B0057YUV6C

I'm so out of it I didn't even know there was a 4th Scream movie! I had preordered the Scream Trilogy BD for $19.99 (with the bonus disc) last month. So I went back to look at my order. It still says "Scream Trilogy", but it links to an item now called "Scream 5 Film Set" showing 5 discs instead of 4 but only listing the first 3 movies. If I add the Scream 5 Film Set to my cart, it retains that name rather than "Trilogy". I'm assuming this is an error on Amazon's part. However, on the small chance it isn't, I preordered this one too and saved a PDF in case Amazon does have a 5 disc (4 Film Set) and decides to honor their mistake (once they catch it). Yeah, a long shot I know. Most likely it'll revert to the Trilogy and I'll end up canceling the 2nd copy.
The reference to five films is the inclusion of two feature-length documentaries about the Scream movies. If you are expecting the fourth Scream film to arrive packed in that box when it arrives, you will likely be disappointed.
Old 08-02-11, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
Wow, great price on the Resident Evil trilogy. Of course, I have them already...
dead
Old 08-02-11, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Like a broken record, whenever someone posts a deal on Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, I always feel obligated to mention www.dvd2blu.com still has the "any" DVD trade-in deal (free shipping over $35) with these at $14.95 each. Unfortunately you have to find $5.10 in something else to get free shipping which means buying 2 $4.95 or 1 $6.95 BD, but it would still be about the same price as Amazon for both + you get another movie.
D'oh!! I keep forgetting about this! Thanks!
Old 08-02-11, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours View Post
Still cant believe that they havent matched best buys price on spy kids movies yet.
If you can wait until November, Wal*Mart has the trilogy up for pre-order at $14.96-

http://www.walmart.com/ip/17134361
Old 08-02-11, 09:12 PM

Didn't see it posted, but Name of the Rose is down to 12.49.
Old 08-03-11, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Buster Keaton Short Films Collection: $28.99
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004XEEMAI/
(not sure if this is the lowest it's been)
Old 08-04-11, 11:13 AM

Scent of the Green Papaya just dropped from $22+ to $17.99. Lowest it's been since day of release, IIRC.
Old 08-04-11, 12:09 PM

12.99 not bad for seven. That blu ray has all the features as the digi one right? Except for the book right?
Old 08-04-11, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yes, it's identical, except it's a case instead of a digibook. The digibook is still expensive at $25.99:

http://www.amazon.com/Seven-Blu-ray-...ef=pd_cp_mov_0

I have seen the Seven digibook at my local Borders. With the current 50% discount, it's $17.99 there.
Old 08-04-11, 08:58 PM

I really don't care about the books. Just wanted to up grade my dvd to blu ray. The dvd I have is the almost bare bones one from years ago.
Old 08-04-11, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Been waiting for Se7en to get down to a reasonable price for ages. However, with the MSRP of $19.98 now, I've got to believe there's more downward room to move.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.