Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Shrek the Whole Story Quadrilogy Blu-ray Boxset - $30.36 + FS @ DeepDiscount

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-10, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Re: Shrek the Whole Story Quadrilogy Blu-ray Boxset - $30.36 + FS @ DeepDiscount

I placed my order yesterday for $30.36. Today it says "open." When I do a search of the product # on DD's web site, it comes up as the Blu-ray. And when I do a search of the UPC # on Bing, it comes up as the Blu-ray. Hopefully, that's what I'll get.
Old 12-07-10, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Shrek the Whole Story Quadrilogy Blu-ray Boxset - $30.36 + FS @ DeepDiscount

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
I placed my order yesterday for $30.36. Today it says "open." When I do a search of the product # on DD's web site, it comes up as the Blu-ray. And when I do a search of the UPC # on Bing, it comes up as the Blu-ray. Hopefully, that's what I'll get.
I'm not too worried about them sending the wrong item. I think the bigger question than WHAT you'll get is IF you'll ever get it at all. DD has never sent me the wrong movie or version of anything (though past experience with DD has no bearing on DD's current state). Their problem is (as we all know) they simply never send most of the stuff I order (until I give up and buy it somewhere else). Like the rest of us who (foolishly) canceled our Amazon preorder and ordered it for $30.36 at DD instead, all we can do is hope.
Old 12-08-10, 10:36 AM

I called Deep Discount today and waited , I kid you not....literally one and a half hours, I finally gave up and hung up. I am waiting on orders from October from DD. I cannot place any more order with DD.
Old 12-08-10, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Fromundacheese
I called Deep Discount today and waited , I kid you not....literally one and a half hours, I finally gave up and hung up. I am waiting on orders from October from DD. I cannot place any more order with DD.
I tried a week or two ago. The first few times I called I just got busy signals. On another day early in the morning I got through and gave up after about 30 minutes on hold. I won't waste my time calling again. I'll either let my orders go through or at some point I may call my credit card company to see if I can get them to put a block against all future charges from DD. (I never tried it so I hope they are able to do it. Anyone know?) For now I still have a small hope they'll ship more stuff, but I'm thinking that small batch from a week or two ago was just a "fake out" (sort of like what they call "dead cat bounce" for stocks).

The fact nobody answers just shows how much they care right now. Has anyone had better luck getting a non-automated response from emailing them? I know most people said emailing them to cancel orders rarely worked even when they said the order was canceled. It's why I pretty much said "all sales final" at DD... if they ever ship them that is.

I forgot the name of that movie with Ben Affleck and Giovanni Ribisi where there was a giant empty warehouse with a bunch of tables and phones set up but nobody there? It was a vapor corporation sort of like how DD sells (mostly) vaporware products. At least when calling DD you should try to visualize that scene from that movie while you are on hold forever. :-)
Old 12-08-10, 12:37 PM

just go buy it at walmart or bestbuy with the 10/12 percent coupon this week. Each B&M, has a long return policy or extended due to the holidays. NOW, u can wait for 2 or 3 months and see if DD ships or not before canceling it thru your CC. I know my amex will slash it within 2 min. of my call & block all further charges. No issue. No reason 4 anyone to not get this b4 the prices really goes up everywhere.
Old 12-08-10, 04:05 PM
bub

Boiler Room

Originally Posted by Manzana
I tried a week or two ago. The first few times I called I just got busy signals. On another day early in the morning I got through and gave up after about 30 minutes on hold. I won't waste my time calling again. I'll either let my orders go through or at some point I may call my credit card company to see if I can get them to put a block against all future charges from DD. (I never tried it so I hope they are able to do it. Anyone know?) For now I still have a small hope they'll ship more stuff, but I'm thinking that small batch from a week or two ago was just a "fake out" (sort of like what they call "dead cat bounce" for stocks).

The fact nobody answers just shows how much they care right now. Has anyone had better luck getting a non-automated response from emailing them? I know most people said emailing them to cancel orders rarely worked even when they said the order was canceled. It's why I pretty much said "all sales final" at DD... if they ever ship them that is.

I forgot the name of that movie with Ben Affleck and Giovanni Ribisi where there was a giant empty warehouse with a bunch of tables and phones set up but nobody there? It was a vapor corporation sort of like how DD sells (mostly) vaporware products. At least when calling DD you should try to visualize that scene from that movie while you are on hold forever. :-)
Old 12-08-10, 11:29 PM

Check your orders. The Item Number for the Shrek I ordered is PRD082406. The Item Number for the DVD version is PRD082404. So I believe DD is on the hook for a Blu-ray version. DD does not even list the Blu-ray version currently. Also check your credit/debit card statements. I have already been charged for my "Open" order when the item has not been shipped. Previously DD only charged you when shipping occurred.

Last edited by CurtisRob; 12-08-10 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Update
Old 12-09-10, 06:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, DD has removed the BD version from their site and only has the DVD set.

Oh boy...
Old 12-09-10, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just starting to look at this - how is it the "Whole Story" if it is missing Shrek the Halls (30 minute 2007 TV special taking place after Shrek Third) and Scared Shrekless (30 minute 2010 TV special taking place after Shrek Forever After)???? Really annoying!!

BestBuy has now matched Amazon and has their "exclusive talking" packaging of this for $39.99......
Old 12-09-10, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It's just listed as Unavailable now
Old 12-09-10, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I pity you guys. Just got my copy from Amazon yesterday for $39.99. It's a great set! I figure I'll just throw the DVDs and Shrek the Hall in there with sleeves and call it good...

P.S. It's sad what Deep Discount has become. Not worth the hassle in my opinion...
Old 12-09-10, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jkzahn
BestBuy has now matched Amazon and has their "exclusive talking" packaging of this for $39.99......
In-store, or on-line only? If in-store, I will try to buy this with the 10% coupon. But I won't dare to attempt an on-line price match + coupon combo...
Old 12-09-10, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Fromundacheese
Thanks for the warning. I was getting ready to call them. I fired off 4 emails instead. I'm sure that won't be a fast response either, but at least I'm not stuck waiting on the phone...
Old 12-09-10, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Anubis2005X
I pity you guys. Just got my copy from Amazon yesterday for $39.99. It's a great set! I figure I'll just throw the DVDs and Shrek the Hall in there with sleeves and call it good...

P.S. It's sad what Deep Discount has become. Not worth the hassle in my opinion...
Thats what I was saying, yes I was to blame for not calling them faster. If they would never have sent me the email or would have just refund the money. Its how they handle it. I did not know till a bit ago they where sold.

I got my Shrek Monday and watched it last night. I really do hope all that order it get it. But unless they charge your card (you can only get a refund) there is nothing stopping them from canceling or keeping your order on back order. I have to look it up (after Jan 2) but there is a law on Calif books that has to do with how long a open order can be unfulfilled. This canceling the order. This dates back before the internet. Mastercard set the press (sometime in the 50s) for this, Sears would send out items place in their catalogs 6 months to a year later. They do not seem to follow this law (from what I have read) it was on the books as of 1990.
Old 12-09-10, 12:52 PM

The charge already showed up and cleared on my card but it's listed as on Backorder through Google Checkout. This should be fun to deal with. I'd try emailing or calling them but that sounds like a futile effort.

I don't mind waiting, I just don't like the not knowing part. Especially since it's a gift...
Old 12-09-10, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yep, when I mentioned the other day that they had charged my card, I just went back to look and it was not a temp hold on the card. It has cleared and I am down $30.36 now.

If you ordered this, check your accounts to see if you have a cleared charge as well. This doesn't look good.
Old 12-09-10, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I am on the phone with them right now, about to talk to a "supervisor".

EDIT:

Wow, she was a real battle-ax. So rude, just ridiculous.

Anyway, she said that orders placed through Google Checkout are charged at the time of purchase and the refund only goes through once the order is canceled. She said she canceled the order while on the phone with me and I'd get the $30.36 in my account in 2-5 business days.

Also, if you're hoping to ever receive this item from them you might as well stop hoping.

She also told me that they did have this listed on the site, were taking preorders for it, but they ended up not being able to get this through their distributor and never would be able to carry it. She told me they never had it in stock, wouldn't ever have it in stock, and anyone that ordered it would never receive the order. All orders were to be automatically canceled, and if any weren't canceled, such as my Google Checkout order, to contact them and talk to them about it.

That's it, *washes hands of DD*, I'm done with them for good now.

Last edited by Brent L; 12-09-10 at 02:29 PM.
Old 12-09-10, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Brent L
She also told me that they did have this listed on the site, were taking preorders for it, but they ended up not being able to get this through their distributor and never would be able to carry it. She told me they never had it in stock, wouldn't ever have it in stock, and anyone that ordered it would never receive the order.
Old 12-09-10, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's what she said!
Old 12-09-10, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

As soon as I get my 2 Criterion BDs (Cronos and Videodrome) I think I am done with this company as well. Their shotty service, at best, will have me looking elsewhere even if it costs me a few bucks more.
Old 12-09-10, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

It's what she said!
"Es lo que ella dijo."
Old 12-09-10, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

That sucks, but it's not surprising. I'm glad I ended up going with Amazon at $39. I've had too many problems with DD and that UPC confusion just gave me a bad vibe.
Old 12-09-10, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Anyway, she said that orders placed through Google Checkout are charged at the time of purchase and the refund only goes through once the order is canceled. She said she canceled the order while on the phone with me and I'd get the $30.36 in my account in 2-5 business days.
So how are they handling the orders placed through paypal? I paid through my credit card through paypal and am not showing any charges yet. Anyone else?
Old 12-09-10, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No clue on that, although I'm going to assume that it will be like Google Checkout - you need to call and have them manually cancel the order if it hasn't gone through automatically.

And keep your eye on your account to make sure they refund your money!

Like others have said, it's just amazing how far this company fell over such a short period of time.
Old 12-09-10, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Makes you wonder how come they can be a DVDTalk sponsor.
I'm still holding out in hope of getting this.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.