Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Hastings / gohastings.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-16, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Hastings / gohastings.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by rbrown498
But, no, they wanted it back, which makes me think that you're right, BobO'Link, in that maybe I've hit that magical threshold where they're going to want me to return everything.
It's not a threshold, it might just be a new policy.

A few months ago I ordered a DVD of "Up in Smoke". They send the DVD in the correct case, but the disc was "Still Smokin'", a lesser sequel. I told them I didn't want it; the initial form E-mail they sent was "return it for a refund" but they sent a follow-up that said they had given me a refund, no return needed.

Last month, I ordered a Blu-ray of "Dumb and Dumber" and they sent "Dumb and Dumber To". I requested a refund, assuming that they wouldn't want it back, but they did ask for the return. I decided that, at the price, I'd keep it.

But unless the threshold is one, it's not that. I figured it was that the one was a fairly recent BR where the other was a low-interest title, but maybe they're just cracking down on it.
Old 04-15-16, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, I've been playing around with it some more and it looks like certain (but not all) 3D movies are now excluded. I know for sure both The Martian and Mad Max are.
Old 04-15-16, 12:20 PM
Cool New Member

Code MOVIETIME! is indeed still working. I just scooped up the following 5 titles for $20 + s/h:

Secret Honor [Criterion]
Dazed and Confused [Criterion 2-Disc]
Summer Hours [Criterion 2-Disc]
Brigadoon
Gunga Din

Very happy!
Old 04-15-16, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 362 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Weird, I can't get the MOVIETIME! code to work now. I have 5 used 3D blu rays in my cart (all $29.99 or less) and it's not discounting any of them. The code should still be good through tomorrow, right?
If your talking about 3D titles like The Martian, Jurassic World, & Monsters University which are still showing in stock you right.

Last night all of a sudden a bunch of 3D titles came back in stock. Titles like the ones above as well as The Peanuts Movie, Everest, The Walk, Gravity, Live Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Marvel's Ant-Man, & Marvel's The Avengers.

I had all 4 Marvels 3D titles in my cart as well as The Martian. All showed $4 each. I went through the checkout process. As soon as I clicked the "Place Order" button. I get a red message one of the Marvel 3D titles was out of stock. That happen to me 4 damn times, once for each Marvel 3D title. In replacement of each Marvel I enter one of these 3D titles like Gravity, The Walk, The Peanuts Movie, Live Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow. Each time my cart showed $4 for each. But each time I click on the Place Order button another 3D Marvel title would go out of stock. I finally gave up. Not sure why 3D ttitle The Martian stopped working.

I ended up ordering Lost Season 1-4 & 6.
Old 04-15-16, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 461 Likes on 275 Posts

I figured I'd be receiving one or two envelopes a day for a couple of weeks, but I went to the mailbox earlier, and there were nine(!) stuffed in there.

Originally Posted by kahuna
Last night all of a sudden a bunch of 3D titles came back in stock. Titles like the ones above as well as The Peanuts Movie, Everest, The Walk, Gravity, Live Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Marvel's Ant-Man, & Marvel's The Avengers.
I was looking at the 3D titles when they first updated, and ordered a few (one went out of stock before I could check out). Then about ten minutes later, I decided to look again just for the hell of it, and some of the ones that had been oos before were in stock. I never saw Peanuts or Everest in stock though (didn't check the Marvel movies because I already have them), so there might've been more than two updates.

Last edited by Dimension X; 04-15-16 at 01:21 PM.
Old 04-15-16, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by rbrown498
Collven, I had a similar thing happen in that I ordered a used copy of (500) Days of Summer and got a previously-viewed copy. I emailed them about it, figuring that they'd tell me that they'd simply refund the cost, as I had gotten it for $1.95 plus shipping. But, no, they wanted it back, which makes me think that you're right, BobO'Link, in that maybe I've hit that magical threshold where they're going to want me to return everything.

I did think about keeping it since it was so cheap, but I really wanted the extra features on it, so back to Hastings it went.
What puzzles me most is they don't allow you to return defective/incorrect titles to a store if one is handy/local/close by. There's a Hastings here and it'd be much easier, not to mention far less expensive, for them to let me to return those titles to a store rather than have to mail them back.

After giving it some thought I'm *not* going to mail the title back to them mainly due to the non-trackable return method. I'm also going to let them know *why* I'm not going to use that return method. I just don't trust it that well.
Old 04-15-16, 08:44 PM
Premium Member

Received 700 Likes on 466 Posts

Lots of 1 and 2 content packages coming in the last few days. Bubble mailers, envelope mailers, and different sized boxes.

Only 1 out of 13 so far has a sub-par case. 8 have been new shrink-wrapped. 3 of the used ones even had the UV codes still intact.
Old 04-16-16, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
What puzzles me most is they don't allow you to return defective/incorrect titles to a store if one is handy/local/close by. There's a Hastings here and it'd be much easier, not to mention far less expensive, for them to let me to return those titles to a store rather than have to mail them back.

After giving it some thought I'm *not* going to mail the title back to them mainly due to the non-trackable return method. I'm also going to let them know *why* I'm not going to use that return method. I just don't trust it that well.
Agree about being able to return in-store. There are 2 locations where I live, both about the same distance from my house. Would be so much easier if I could return stuff there.
Old 04-16-16, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by The Cow
3 of the used ones even had the UV codes still intact.
I'm amazed at how many used products I purchase from Hastings which still have valid UV codes as well as those Disney titles with valid Disney Movie Rewards codes. I figured by now most of those titles, especially the newer ones, were purchased by "millenials" who just want the UV code and sell the physical product because of the space it occupies (I just profiled my 33 year old son). It makes me happy because I give the UV codes to my son for his library which he'll eventually share with dad. We both win. The used S4 BR of Game of Thrones I recently purchased from Hastings had a valid UV code - that totally surprised me.
Old 04-16-16, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Man, Hastings really want my business - they keep sending me 30% off codes. Combined with previously viewed material prices - they will continue to get my business.

EDIT - I should point out that the coupon code does not work on previously viewed items only on used items. That's fine. I ordered to more items and my total shipped was about $9.

Last edited by Why So Blu?; 04-16-16 at 07:19 PM.
Old 04-18-16, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 461 Likes on 275 Posts

I got two today that I'll have to send back. They sent me a 2D copy of San Andreas instead of the 3D version I ordered, and the 3D blu-ray for Hugo they sent had a bunch of scratches on it. I was hoping the scratches weren't bad enough to affect playback, but I just watched it and it locks up twice.

EDIT: Maybe I'll have to keep them. After two calls, they still haven't bothered to send a return shipping label to my email. I guess I'll try emailing them tomorrow if nothing shows up tonight.

Last edited by Dimension X; 04-18-16 at 03:54 PM.
Old 04-18-16, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Most of my orders came in today. Everything looks great so far.
Old 04-18-16, 10:14 PM

Last of my $4 set order arrived today.

Arrow: Season 3 (with UV code that was still valid!)
Starship Troopers trilogy (so many stickers on this one)
Old 04-19-16, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by madmod20061
Last of my $4 set order arrived today.

Arrow: Season 3 (with UV code that was still valid!)
Starship Troopers trilogy (so many stickers on this one)
I brought Season 1 & 2. Hasn't arrived yet. But I wanted to buy Season 3. But it seems are out of whack.

1. Arrow: The Complete Third Season Format: Used - Blu-ray - $33.49
2. Arrow: The Complete Third Season Format: Blu-ray [Includes Digital Copy] [UltraViolet] [Blu-ray] - $14.29. My guess this is new.
Old 04-19-16, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm just waiting on a couple titles to come in. Only had one item cancelled (Banshee: Season 1), and everything looked in great condition, except for a tear in the case of Boardwalk Empire: Season 3.

Final haul
Spoiler:

The Guardian (Friedkin)
Mars Attacks!
Walt Disney Animation Short Films Collection
Echoes
The Martian
Harry and the Hendersons
Boardwalk Empire: Complete First Season
Boardwalk Empire: The Complete Second Season
Boardwalk Empire: Complete Third Season
V: The Complete First Season
Gotham: The Complete First Season
Mr. Robot: Season 1
When Marnie Was There
Pixar Short Films Collection, Vol. 2
Arrow: The Complete First Season
Arrow: The Complete Third Season
Arrow: The Complete Second Season
True Blood: The Complete Seventh Season
Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation

Also got the Complete Friday the 13th, but obviously that wasn't part of the sale. Just a huge want.
Old 04-19-16, 02:15 PM

The last of my 5/$20 order came in yesterday, and everything looks fine. Two Midsomer Murders sets, Goosebumps, Thor Dark World, & Captain America Winter Soldier. All DVDs, but I don't need blu rays for everything. Wish I'd known about Gohastings sooner.
Old 04-19-16, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So far only 9 of 55 titles have arrived. And 2 of those 55 titles are from previous sales. Just love Media Mail shipping to HI. I received Sons of Anarchy S5 yesterday & dvd case had a big hole in it. I believe it was shipped like that since the missing plastic was not in the manila mailer they shipped it in. I thought I had given all my blank dvd caseses away. But found a few in the closet that hold any where from 4-8 dvds.
Old 04-19-16, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sale started on Sunday. Not worth my time to look around for any deals.
Buy 2 Get 3rd for $1 on Used Movies $29.99 or Less
Code: MOMMOVIES
Valid:4/17-4/23
Old 04-19-16, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^After the last two sales, 50% off and 5/$20, that's a pretty lame one. At *best* it's just under 33% off, and that's assuming you can find 3 qualifying titles that are exactly the same amount. Just for fun I put 3 titles of varying amounts ($22-$26) in my cart and applied the code. It worked out slightly better to use the 30% off code they sent in email. Of course I spent *way* too much with those past two sales, 15 titles each on the 50% off and 5/$20 (30 total), to even bother for a while... Unless they want to do a repeat of those.
Old 04-19-16, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Picked up a few orders in this sale and had a few problems:

First I placed two orders on the 15th and 16th and, somehow, Hastings applied the same order number to both. It doesn't seem so bad until you realize that the first order somehow supplanted the second so nothing from the second order is shipping out.

Second, my 3D The Wolverine didn't have its outer case (the part with the UPC).

Third, instead of the 5-disc "Film Noir: The Dark Side of Hollywood" I ordered, they sent me a single WB DVD with a semi-similar name.

Other than that, everything has been in decent condition.
Old 04-19-16, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

On a slightly different note, what media player(s) has(have) Flixster support ? TIA
Old 04-19-16, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by izatright
Picked up a few orders in this sale and had a few problems:

First I placed two orders on the 15th and 16th and, somehow, Hastings applied the same order number to both. It doesn't seem so bad until you realize that the first order somehow supplanted the second so nothing from the second order is shipping out.
I mention in msg #2256 on the previous page same thing happen to me.
I placed back to back orders on 04/09/16. I received the emails from GH put did not notice both orders had the same order numbers.

The first order I placed was these titles:
Sons of Anarchy: Season 6 & 7 (used dvd)
Bridge: Complete First Season (used bd)
Breaking Bad: Final Season (used bd)
Breaking Bad: The Fifth Season - All Hail the King (used bd)

But when you click on view order button you see the other order I placed:
Sons of Anarchy: Season 1-5 (used dvd)

I decided to wait the next day & not call GH but see what would ship out. As expected the Sons of Anarchy: Season 1-5 starting shipping out.

So I realized I had to place another order for the titles & order # that got screwed up. Lucky me all the same titles were in stock. But stupid me I ordered Sons of Anarchy: Season 6 & 7 on Blu-ray instead of dvd. As I mention I decided to buy Sons of Anarchy of dvd for my brother & skip the blu-ray for myself. I did not realize the mistake until SOA S6&7 arrived in the mail & I thought GH sent me the BDs by mistake. I checked the order on their site & I screwed up.

In the end I placed another order for SON S6&7 on dvd & 3 other titles. And another order for SON S1-5 on BD to complete the BD set.
Old 04-19-16, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by kahuna
I mention in msg #2256 on the previous page same thing happen to me.
I placed back to back orders on 04/09/16. I received the emails from GH put did not notice both orders had the same order numbers.

The first order I placed was these titles:
Sons of Anarchy: Season 6 & 7 (used dvd)
Bridge: Complete First Season (used bd)
Breaking Bad: Final Season (used bd)
Breaking Bad: The Fifth Season - All Hail the King (used bd)

But when you click on view order button you see the other order I placed:
Sons of Anarchy: Season 1-5 (used dvd)
The same thing happened to me with this sale and it cost GoHastings $26 in revenue from me. Their ordering system has this bug which eats orders.
Old 04-20-16, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 230 Likes on 167 Posts

Anybody else experiencing delayed orders? One of the three orders that I placed on April 9th was picked up on April 11th...but is just now leaving the Jacksonville, FL post office. The tracking info says that my order was "delayed," and that they'll update with a delivery date once they get a new one.

Of course, the other two have already made it in. I'm also still waiting on an order that I placed the last day of the sale, but that was only three days ago, so I'm good with that one.

But, seriously, WTF, Jacksonville Post Office? A week just sitting around? I'm glad it's not something important like antivenom or final divorce papers.
Old 04-20-16, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

^I have part of a order that sat in Prescott, AZ for 2 days before going to Bell Gardens, CA (the opposite direction from me) for 2 before *finally* being sent to the distribution depot near here (spent another day going from CA to Memphis). It *should* arrive today as it now shows to have arrived locally at 6:11am. I normally receive stuff the same day it arrives if it does so before ~7am. This is the last of my orders.

I've also had experience with that Jacksonville, FL center. On more than one occasion I've had stuff sit there for a full week before being sent on.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.