Search this Thread

Old 10-09-15, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts
Re: Hastings / gohastings.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Yet another one day sale - valid only 10/9

35% off (no minimum)
CODE: HURRY

My hunt for 'The Complete Metropolis' is finally over !!
Old 10-09-15, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Put in another order for Arrow S3 along with an oder for Flash S1. $44.00 total for both.
Old 10-09-15, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

I missed the last one day - had a few things that showed up in stock I was going to order. They'll probably be gone by the time I'm able to make the order!
Old 10-09-15, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I put in a small order. It's the first time in over a year, so hopefully they don't screw it up
Old 10-11-15, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 362 Likes on 214 Posts

Sale started 7pmHST last night.
30% off when you buy 2 or more Used books, movies, games and music with Code 'AUTUMN' valid until 10/14.
Old 10-11-15, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
I put in a small order. It's the first time in over a year, so hopefully they don't screw it up
for the 6th time, I placed an order for Godzilla Criterion edition as the last 5 times they either sent me the 1998 Sony version or the godawful 2014 Warner version. The last time they did this and I called to return, the rep told me that the next time I place an order, I should call them so they can get in touch with the store fulfilling the order and confirm that it is the right version they are shipping. So I did this time - the rep got in touch with the store and sent me a confirmation email that they will indeed ship the Criterion version. Received the package y'day and guess what, its the fucking 2014 version again !! So its always luck of the draw, if they want me to keep returning it, so be it. Just that don't get your hopes high anticipating that there WON'T be a screwup.

And oh yeah, also ordered the rare digibook version of 'Master and Commander'. Received the regular non-digibook version. So its typical Hastings.

On the flip side, they surprise you sometimes with new sealed copies when you order used or pre-viewed. So you NEVER know.
Old 10-11-15, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

^Yeah, the stupidity of their title fulfillment on occasion is staggering. I've received the Disney Hunchback of Notre Dame when I ordered the Image "Ultimate Edition" (like yours, a totally different film!), a PD release of Circus of Fear after ordering the Blue Underground version, a PD release of Captain Kidd after ordering the ROAN release, the Alpha release of Santa Fe Trail after ordering a different label (don't recall which on this one), and the Chinese Black Cat (Hong Kong attempts to emulate La Femme Nakita) when I'd ordered the 1982 British title Black Cat (radically different films). All were refunded *except* for Hunchback... which I never complained about as the Disney version was twice as expensive as what I'd ordered and I figured my grandkids might like it (I do not). But that's out of several hundred titles ordered. Overall I'm fairly pleased.

Because of prior issues I now rarely attempt to order any title which might be confused with a different title *or* has multiple releases of varying pedigree. It usually depends on just how much I want a particular title, its rarity, and their price. Even then I'll only take a chance *once* and don't try again if a incorrect title is shipped.

Since their packing slip has the "new" UPC code listed you'd think they'd cross reference it to make sure it's accurate *before* shipping, but I guess that's too difficult for their staff. And I absolutely don't understand their use of "used" UPC on the packing slip as it's different than "new" and appears *nowhere* on the disc labels.

But those new titles you receive when expecting a used one are great. Especially if it's a somewhat rare and/or expensive title if purchased new. I've had that happen several times.

Last edited by BobO'Link; 10-11-15 at 07:01 PM.
Old 10-11-15, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
^Yeah, the stupidity of their title fulfillment on occasion is staggering. I've received the Disney Hunchback of Notre Dame when I ordered the Image "Ultimate Edition" (like yours, a totally different film!), a PD release of Circus of Fear after ordering the Blue Underground version, a PD release of Captain Kidd after ordering the ROAN release, the Alpha release of Santa Fe Trail after ordering a different label (don't recall which on this one), and the Chinese Black Cat (Hong Kong attempts to emulate La Femme Nakita) when I'd ordered the 1982 British title Black Cat (radically different films). All were refunded *except* for Hunchback... which I never complained about as the Disney version was twice as expensive as what I'd ordered and I figured my grandkids might like it (I do not). But that's out of several hundred titles ordered. Overall I'm fairly pleased.

Because of prior issues I now rarely attempt to order any title which might be confused with a different title *or* has multiple releases of varying pedigree. It usually depends on just how much I want a particular title, its rarity, and their price. Even then I'll only take a chance *once* and don't try again if a incorrect title is shipped.

Since their packing slip has the "new" UPC code listed you'd think they'd cross reference it to make sure it's accurate *before* shipping, but I guess that's too difficult for their staff. And I absolutely don't understand their use of "used" UPC on the packing slip as it's different than "new" and appears *nowhere* on the disc labels.

But those new titles you receive when expecting a used one are great. Especially if it's a somewhat rare and/or expensive title if purchased new. I've had that happen several times.
iTs a personal challenge for me to receive the right one especially when the title is priced in accordance with its 'value'. Why do you price it as a criterion, sport a product picture as the criterion, include the correct details of te product and THEN fulfill it as the wrong one ? Again and again ? It reeks of imbecile inventory management, wherein they toss anything called Godzilla into the inventory location. And yes, never have been able to make sense of those Used vs New UPCs on the packing slip. This time I am going to try and speak to a Super and see if I can get anywhere to address this as an issue. But like you, am overall very pleased with the value of what I get for what I pay there. Just that I thought I was getting somewhere this time with that confirmation from the store...but apparently the store probably just heard the Godzilla name from the rep and said 'yo, we got that'
Old 10-11-15, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like I'm not the only guy who ordered the Criterion version of Godzilla and got a different Godzilla. I ended up with the new one, which I like just fine, but I already own two copies of it (regular and metalpack).

Overall I've had good luck with them lately though, my Nightmare on Elm Street Collection blu-ray set was in great shape.
Old 10-13-15, 06:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

30% Off - Buy 2 or More Sale (10/13-10/14)
Used Movies, Books, Music, Games
Qualifying Titles Only.
Code: AUTUMN
Old 10-13-15, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Grabbed Avengers: Age of Ultron and Walking Dead Season 5 for $29. Not bad at all.
Old 10-13-15, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Picked up Mad Max Fury Road 3D + a cheap WWE title for $21.xx
Old 10-13-15, 09:36 PM

Picked up:
Hero and the Terror *ing Chuck Norris (Kino) - $7
The Gauntlet (Clint Eastwood) - $3.50
Old 10-13-15, 10:28 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, I won't complain that much. I picked up The Larry Sanders Show-Complete Series for $42.54. That right there makes many other potential mistakes worth it. The Aristocats Blu and the Interstellar Blu were new and sealed. The Criterion DVD of Life and Death of Colonel Blimp was also sealed; this was the newer version with commentary and documentary. Always amazes me some things that arrive new for a used price. These damn sales have scorched my card; Suprised I don't have third degree burns with how much I've spent the last 2 weeks.
Old 10-15-15, 12:34 AM

Don't know if this has happened to anyone else as its a first for me. Ordered the Criterion edition of 'Fantastic Mr.Fox' that was priced at $14.95 prior to a 35% off used discount that was applicable 10/8. I can swear that the coupon applied for a post discount price of $9.71 + $1.29 S/H. I just checked my order history today and it shows that no discount has been applied. Went back to my order confirmation email and that shows no discount either. Looked at my Credit card statement and sure enough, its $14.95+$1.29 that's been charged to it.

Has anyone else had this happen ?
Old 10-15-15, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

I've heard of the discount coming off in the final stage of checkout before at GoHastings. It's why I always check before I hit that finalize order button. You aren't alone, it has happened to others.
Old 10-15-15, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I've heard of the discount coming off in the final stage of checkout before at GoHastings. It's why I always check before I hit that finalize order button. You aren't alone, it has happened to others.
A few months ago I placed a order. It showed the correct (sale) price at final checkout. Even showed it in the emails I received. But when I checked my CC a few days later I got charged the full price. Even checking order history had the discount prices. Had to call for them to give me the credit back.
Old 10-15-15, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

Originally Posted by kahuna
A few months ago I placed a order. It showed the correct (sale) price at final checkout. Even showed it in the emails I received. But when I checked my CC a few days later I got charged the full price. Even checking order history had the discount prices. Had to call for them to give me the credit back.
That is disturbing to hear.
Old 10-15-15, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by kahuna
Wow, that's downright sleazy and fraudulent. And entirely possible - how many of us check our credit card statements and reconcile it with these purchases ? Very troubling to hear that.

My experience on this was that the correct post discount price was shown on the order screen prior to confirming the purchase, which is why I placed the order. Since I had not experienced this before, I didn't bother checking my order confirmation email.

Now it will be a double whammy if they send me the Fox edition of 'Fanstastic Mr.Fox' instead of the Criterion Edition :-)

Just a warning for everyone to check their order confirmation emails upon placing an order. And saving a screenshot/PDF of the order confirmation page upon placing the order.
Old 10-16-15, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Buy One, Get One Free Sale (10/16-10/18)
Code: Freebie

Damn good sale if only the code worked right now. I have two new releases in my cart & no discount. I even tried a couple of older titles & no go also.

Last edited by kahuna; 10-16-15 at 12:17 PM.
Old 10-16-15, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 229 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
Now it will be a double whammy if they send me the Fox edition of 'Fanstastic Mr.Fox' instead of the Criterion Edition :-)
I don't know if it'll help assuage your fears or not, but I ordered the Criterion Fantastic Mr. Fox from GoHastings back in August and actually received the Criterion version! So there's good chance that you will too.
Old 10-16-15, 01:31 AM

Buy one Get One
Qualifying Titles Only.
Code: FREEBIE
Exp: 10/18
Old 10-16-15, 11:11 AM

This BOGO sale is breaking my bank...plenty of wishlist items in stock. I HAVE to stop visiting this site and exercise restraint

So far:
Order 1 - $22.57
The Devil's Backbone (Criterion)
Yojimbo (Criterion)

Order 2 - $22.57
Repo Man (Criterion)
Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey

Order 3 - $16.07
Disneynature: Wings of Life
Disneynature: Monkey Kingdom

Order 4 - $26.02
Stieg Larsson Dragon Tatoo Trilogy (theatrical)
Blade Runner 30th Anniversary Edition

Order 5 - $9.90
A Separation
Kumiko, the Treasure Hunter
Old 10-16-15, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Yeah i have to get something.
Old 10-16-15, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Can't believe the discounts on same week releases. You can get 2 new releases for about $8.75 each with this sale.

1. Aladdin $13.29
2. Tomorrowland - $14.90
3. San Andreas - $14.99

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.