Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Hastings / gohastings.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-14, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Hastings / gohastings.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Why don't we just make every thread a sticky? This one makes no sense. There are never bargains at Gohastings. The only thing ever discussed in this thread are coupons for used items. Not worthy of s sticky in my opinion.
Old 04-30-14, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by jwstl
Why don't we just make every thread a sticky? This one makes no sense. There are never bargains at Gohastings. The only thing ever discussed in this thread are coupons for used items. Not worthy of s sticky in my opinion.
I wholeheartedly agree. GoHastings might have required a sticky a couple of years ago, but their "sales" aren't so hot these days. It gives them undeserved attention and recognition.
Old 04-30-14, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Okey doke, it's been unstickied.
Old 04-30-14, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
Okey doke, it's been unstickied.
Whew! That was a close one
Old 05-05-14, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

This thread has 1700 posts and 145,000 views and gets as much traffic as most of the 4 that are stickies. They offer crap deals for new releases, but some great deals for used. The vast majority of what I bought over the past year is from this company. I think it is sticky-worthy, but whatever.
Old 05-05-14, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
This thread has 1700 posts and 145,000 views and gets as much traffic as most of the 4 that are stickies. They offer crap deals for new releases, but some great deals for used. The vast majority of what I bought over the past year is from this company. I think it is sticky-worthy, but whatever.
Yes, I thought the same because they were having frequent sales and they varied in their percentages and requirements. I wasn't always getting the emails with the codes.
Old 05-05-14, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Should be sticky. But you can't fight city hall.
Old 05-05-14, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Really, it makes more sense for this to be sticky, than say, the Amazon thread, because the Amazon thread is always getting updated and would probably never leave the front page. Whereas this thread could sometimes go days, maybe even a couple weeks between sales, so it would be harder to find.
Old 05-05-14, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, I don't think it should be a sticky either. With the lack of sales lately (on used items on top of that), it's not worth it. It can be bumped once or twice a month if needed if a good sale pops up.
Old 05-05-14, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Best price on upcoming Serial Experiments Lain re-release, $25. $10 more than Amazon

http://www.gohastings.com/product/MO...s#.U2e3Vyg0oQs
Old 05-06-14, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Yeah, I don't think it should be a sticky either. With the lack of sales lately (on used items on top of that), it's not worth it. It can be bumped once or twice a month if needed if a good sale pops up.
I agree. With the apparent change in deals policy at Hastings, there doesn't seem to be much need to draw attention to this thread unless something changes. For the present, the deals we used to enjoy are gone. Whether they return remains to be seen.
Old 05-06-14, 09:31 PM

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

They did just have a general 25% off used deal that lasted for a few days, so the deals aren't necessarily gone.
Old 05-07-14, 03:28 PM

Impressed with my last order, ordered like 35 CDs & lots of them were brand new! Only a few bad ones & they refunded me quick for them.
Old 05-08-14, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 362 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by joltman
They did just have a general 25% off used deal that lasted for a few days, so the deals aren't necessarily gone.
First sale I seen in about 2 months. I guess for me that is a good thing. Last year first 4 months I brought about 80 used bd's. This year first four months I brought 15.
Old 05-12-14, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 230 Likes on 167 Posts

So, since GoHastings has forsaken us, where is everybody going for used deals now?

I've found myself buying from Half.com over the past few weeks. The deals may not be quite as good in general as at GoHastings, but at least you have the choice of HOW used you want to go--like new, very good, etc. With GoHastings, it was always a crap shoot. I've bought ~7 items from Half.com recently, and for those items, I think that I've paid less than I would have at GoHastings...sales and all. GoHastings still has everybody beat on shipping, however.
Old 05-12-14, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

I'm thankful there are not any deals from GoHastings as I need more car parts.
Old 05-13-14, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by rbrown498
So, since GoHastings has forsaken us, where is everybody going for used deals now?

I've found myself buying from Half.com over the past few weeks. The deals may not be quite as good in general as at GoHastings, but at least you have the choice of HOW used you want to go--like new, very good, etc. With GoHastings, it was always a crap shoot. I've bought ~7 items from Half.com recently, and for those items, I think that I've paid less than I would have at GoHastings...sales and all. GoHastings still has everybody beat on shipping, however.

I haven't shopped with them in a while. Does their shipping still suck? I guess it's to be expected since they are basically a garage sale. A chain store called Bookoff recently opened here. For a while they were having 5 for $10 sales on DVDs, but I haven't seen one in a few months now.

I like swapa and Listia personally. swapa for movies and Listia for digital copies.
Old 05-13-14, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 230 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by madmod20061
I haven't shopped with them in a while. Does their shipping still suck? I guess it's to be expected since they are basically a garage sale. A chain store called Bookoff recently opened here. For a while they were having 5 for $10 sales on DVDs, but I haven't seen one in a few months now.

I like swapa and Listia personally. swapa for movies and Listia for digital copies.
Their shipping is $2.99 per item, although there are discounts for shipping if you order multiple items from the same seller. So that automatically beats Amazon Marketplace...but I miss the 96 cent shipping at GoHastings.
Old 05-13-14, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

I will say that GoHastings is testing my patience with the amount of non-sale emails they send out on a regular basis. Free shipping on a full-priced new release is not a deal worthy of more email spam.

It's looking more and more likely that GoHastings is not really worth a regular look anymore for great bargains.
Old 05-13-14, 02:43 PM

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Patience...patience...we are all used to infinite instances of quick gratification that the prospect of a wait becomes an arduous experience :-)
Old 05-13-14, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Not that I'm completely disagreeing with the general disappointment with the coupon codes, but when a business is failing, I think it is pretty reasonable to assume they are rethinking their strategies. All that being said, I really would love to have another 40% off three used code
Old 05-14-14, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thinking something around Memorial Day will probably be another sale from them, how good though is a whole different story.

Had to take a look at my history, and sure enough it's been over 3 months since my last purchase from them and in total this year I've bought 4 titles only from them. For comparison the month of December alone I picked up 25 titles.
Old 05-14-14, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't remember the last time they had a coupon which worked on collectibles. They used to do it frequently. Kind of a shame, really...
Old 05-26-14, 09:25 AM

DECORATIONDAY

25% Off Sale May 25-27 on Used Movies, Books, CD's, and Games (Qualifying Titles!)
Old 05-26-14, 09:31 AM

Since when did they raise the shipping rates (again)?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.