Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Hastings / gohastings.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-11, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Hastings / gohastings.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

I got 8 out of the 9 things that I ordered. only paying 8.90 for them. Surprised so many of them shipped. After the first one being canceled.
Old 09-24-11, 04:21 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

$1 per item for standard shipping, 20 items or less. Sat & Sun use Promo Code: SHIPIT
Old 09-24-11, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got my Casshern Part 1 and Part 2. Going to return my third BD though because it's in crap condition. Luckily it was also my filler title (a $4 shipped Men Who Stare at Goats).
Old 09-24-11, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Also, the prequel trilogies are only $20 IF you can find about $5 in books and/or DVDs (where the DVD qualifies for the $5 or $10 off and the total is over $30). I picked up a copy; came to $26 and some change for a Rifftrax shorts DVD and the prequel SW blus. (Personally, I don't care about the extras as much as 7 per film.)
Old 09-26-11, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The extras on the SW set are pretty great. I rarely watch extras and the 97 minutes spoofs montage is nothing short of amazing. Everything I have ever seen online was on there, even obscure youtube videos that parodied star wars.
Old 09-26-11, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Might still get it. Found out my total for the prequels was around $19.50 shipped, after discount. If the full set ever drops low enough, and I can sell this set for a profit, I'll jump on it.
Old 09-26-11, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Texan26
$1 per item for standard shipping, 20 items or less. Sat & Sun use Promo Code: SHIPIT
Thanks Tex! No Blus this time around, but I picked up some cheap MGM MIDNITE Double Features for my annual All Hallows Fest next month.
Old 09-27-11, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by izatright
Might still get it. Found out my total for the prequels was around $19.50 shipped, after discount. If the full set ever drops low enough, and I can sell this set for a profit, I'll jump on it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/All-3-Star-W...item415daf1ccd

HAHA

Buy the saga, sell the bonus discs for 60 bucks and there you go, the entire saga for 20 bucks
Old 09-27-11, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by glassdragon
http://www.ebay.com/itm/All-3-Star-W...item415daf1ccd

HAHA

Buy the saga, sell the bonus discs for 60 bucks and there you go, the entire saga for 20 bucks
That's nuts! I wonder if they actually paid.
Old 09-29-11, 02:42 PM
Banned

Get FREE Standard Shipping for a limited time on goHastings.com orders over $35! Use promo code: SENDIT2ME. (Limited time offer. Offer valid up to $350)
Old 09-30-11, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by junglalien
Get FREE Standard Shipping for a limited time on goHastings.com orders over $35! Use promo code: SENDIT2ME. (Limited time offer. Offer valid up to $350)
Thank ya thank ya, picked up the following:

Quantity: 1, Mercury Rising/The Jackal Used - Blu-ray $12.99
Quantity: 1, The Rundown Used - Blu-ray $5.21
Quantity: 1, Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood Used - Blu-ray $7.79
Quantity: 1, Running Man/Red Heat Used - Blu-ray $9.77

Merchandise:$35.76
Tax: $2.95
Shipping/Handling:FREE
Total:$38.71
Old 10-01-11, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by junglalien
I placed an order for $35 worth of merchandise earlier this afternoon. The order went through without incident. I decided to browse the cheap DVDs tonight and ended up placing a second order for about thirty $1-$2 titles. I entered the SENDIT2ME code, shipping showed up 'FREE' and everything looked good. Then I hit PLACE ORDER and my confirmation screen suddenly shows a shipping charge of $70.68!!!

I just about hit the ceiling. Thankfully, I'd saved a screen grab of the previous page showing that the Free Shipping promo was applied. Hopefully, it will come in handy if I have to dispute this charge. I assume the code had expired, but there was no expiration date listed and it stayed applied all the way through checkout. I'm not going to sit back and let them screw me out of $70. Shot off an e-mail to customer service, but it seems they are only available Mon-Fri. So very frustrating. Has anyone else encountered a similar problem? If so, how was it resolved?

Last edited by joe_b; 10-01-11 at 09:20 AM.
Old 10-01-11, 01:19 AM

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by joe_b
I placed an order for $35 worth of merchandise earlier this afternoon. The order went through without incident. I decided to browse the cheap DVDs tonight and ended up placing a second order for about 35 $1-$2 titles. I entered the SENDIT2ME code, shipping showed up 'FREE' and everything looked good. Then I hit PLACE ORDER and my confirmation screen suddenly shows a shipping charge of $70.68!!!

I just about hit the ceiling. Thankfully, I'd saved a screen grab of the previous page showing that the Free Shipping promo was applied. Hopefully it will come in handy if I have to dispute this charge. I assume the code had expired, but there was no expiration date listed and it stayed applied all the way through checkout. I'm not going to sit back and let them screw me out of $70. Shot off an e-mail to customer service, but it seems they are only available Mon-Fri. So very frustrating. Has anyone else encountered a similar problem? If so, how was it resolved?
Nope, never occurred before on multiple use of a coupon that's currently in effect - they usually do not have a restriction on number of times coupon is used as long as its valid. They're also friendly to deal with IMO - just send them an email or call them, they'll take care of it. I placed an order for the following:
Quantity: 1, Rambo: First Blood II Used - Blu-ray $3.83
Quantity: 1, First Blood/Rambo Used - Blu-ray $7.49
Quantity: 1, Cliffhanger Used - Blu-ray $4.22
Quantity: 1, Frozen Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $4.48
Quantity: 1, Rambo III Used - Blu-ray $3.77
Quantity: 1, The Men Who Stare at Goats Used - Blu-ray $1.99
Quantity: 1, Salt Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $4.48
Quantity: 1, The Proposition Used - Blu-ray $4.89

Total Merchandise:$35.15
Total Tax:$0.00
Total Shipping/Handling:FREE
Purchase Total:$35.15
Old 10-01-11, 10:26 AM

I think you can only buy 20 items with a coupon code. That's been my experience. Every time there is a free shipping code with no $ limit, I buy about 20 $1 dvds. If I try to go over 20, the shipping charge is applied.
Old 10-01-11, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

hot off an e-mail to customer service, but it seems they are only available Mon-Fri. So very frustrating. Has anyone else encountered a similar problem? If so, how was it resolved?
My advice? Never, ever, ever, ever, ever wait for Customer Service email. I LITERALLY just got a response to an email I sent in December 2010 last week. I don't know if it got lost, somehow, or what the case was. Just so happens I called a few days later after that email, so I had it resolved instantly. To that end, that's what I recommend you do. Call them up on monday. It's a hassle, but it's better than never getting a response and you'll instantly know where you stand.
Old 10-01-11, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Outside of an occasion or two where no one has picked up the phone (usually during CST lunchtime), I have never had any issues with Hastings customer service. They are invariably friendly and helpful. But like others have recommended, I suggest you call ASAP just in case you have to cancel the entire order. Better to head this off before you have to send 30 titles back to them.

I also recommend calling over E mail. I once e mailed them about the wrong 99 cent DVD they sent me and they responded saying they wanted me to send the DVD back. So I called instead and the rep told me to just keep it or discard it. After that I stayed away from their E mail cs.
Old 10-01-11, 04:57 PM

I think you can only buy 20 items with a coupon code. That's been my experience. Every time there is a free shipping code with no $ limit, I buy about 20 $1 dvds. If I try to go over 20, the shipping charge is applied.
The code had a limit of $350 dollars. The simple fact is that the free shipping showed up as applied all the way to the final checkout screen. Suddenly adding on $70 to my final total on the confirmation page is just unacceptable.

I received a reply to my e-mail this morning telling me to call the customer service number regarding "terms of promotion codes". That doesn't sound good. Of course, the call center is closed until 9 AM Mon. morning when I'll be busy at work. Plus, it's been my experience that items usually ship as early as 3 AM (at least that's when they send the notifications).

I sent a reply to their e-mail response begging the person who reads it to please make SOME effort to correct the situation if possible before Monday. Someone is answering Hastings e-mails this weekend, but they aren't offering to fix my problem. Hopefully, they'll at least refund the shipping if it's too late to adjust the total. Like I said, I have a screen grab of my final total before I hit the order button. Here's hoping it's enough evidence for my credit card company if the charge goes through and I'm forced to dispute it.

Last edited by joe_b; 10-01-11 at 07:54 PM.
Old 10-01-11, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I received a reply to my e-mail this morning.
Not a good sign. That's all your luck wasted, right there.
Old 10-01-11, 09:26 PM

I know, hell must have frozen over. Fastest reply I've ever gotten from this freakin' company and it resolved zilch.

Not a surprise, though. They've sent responses like that in the past concerning other issues. It seems all their e-mail division are good for is issuing return labels or referring you to the call center.

Last edited by joe_b; 10-01-11 at 10:54 PM.
Old 10-02-11, 09:36 AM

96 cents per item standard shipping with promo code: OKTOBERFEST
Old 10-02-11, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Valid until October 8.
Old 10-02-11, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for the code! Just used it for a cheap DVD. I added a couple of books, too, since I wasn't using a percentage off coupon.
Old 10-02-11, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by izatright
I LITERALLY just got a response to an email I sent in December 2010 last week.

I think they must have had a glitch, I got 2 emails regarding orders from last year that had already been resolved.
Old 10-02-11, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by starman9000
I think they must have had a glitch, I got 2 emails regarding orders from last year that had already been resolved.
Lol, yeah, that makes sense. Although, these were new emails, I believe these were resolved too.
Old 10-04-11, 12:59 PM

The simple fact is that the free shipping showed up as applied all the way to the final checkout screen. Suddenly adding on $70 to my final total on the confirmation page is just unacceptable.
Just a follow-up. As it's not new deal related, I've spoilerized it for those that don't give a crap:
Spoiler:
Well, I never heard anything back via e-mail. I called Monday morning and was told there was absolutely nothing they could do until the order was billed to my credit card with full shipping charges. Only then could they refund shipping for each individual item. The woman on the phone was very sweet, but that seems like a messed up system. I refuse to believe there was no way the total couldn't have been adjusted before the charge went through. I actually called back and left a voice mail nicely requesting that someone higher up review my order and make the adjustment, but they've never responded.

The charge was posted this morning, so I called again during my break. The woman on the phone asked me to confirm the free shipping code, then put me on hold for about five minutes while she looked into it. She came back and told me that the code was valid until 10/02 (I got my order in a few minutes before midnight on 9/30), so they would honor the free shipping. No specific end date was listed for the code on their website, however. As the code didn't work at all on 10/01, she must have been mistaken about the end date.

The lady did act like she was making an exception or doing me a favor by refunding the shipping, but the code was correctly applied at the final checkout stage. Someone just decided to yank it five minutes early. Regardless, even if I entered the code at 11:59:59 PM and hit the order button at 12:00:01 AM, as long it still showed as applied at the final stage, they should always honor it. At least it's taken care of now.

I also get the feeling that the sales tax they charged on the shipping amount ($4.24) won't be refunded. I told the woman to make sure it was, but she just replied "They'll take care of the tax". However, I've sent back numerous damaged items to Hastings over the years and it's been my experience that they hardly ever refund the sales tax, even when I include a note about it. It's always a headache to convince this company that they've made a mistake.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.