Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Hastings / gohastings.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-11, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
re: Hastings / gohastings.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
They canceled The Office and Entourage. Hung shows as In Progress still... Congrats to those of you who scored big box sets for 7 bucks...
They actually shipped Hung! So that's the only title I got. $9.28 ain't bad. I know it's only 2 discs, but I doubt I'll find it that cheap in a store...
Old 08-11-11, 05:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This definitely doesn't work for me.......I picked about 7 items off their page of eligible titles...added BLACKJACK code (and it says it applied), not a single one showed up as $7
Old 08-11-11, 03:58 PM
Banned

Most of the box sets were OOS by the time I saw this Monday morning, so I mainly ordered newer release titles that are still around 15+ in stores. Some of them got cancelled, too, and I forgot about Sucker Punch until after I had ordered. Still, I'm okay with only 9 of 21 titles cancelled. Still got a few sets others are getting (Planet Earth, Life, Vampire Diaries 1, etc.). If the purchases arrive in excellent shape, I'll be happy. Otherwise, this will go from a lukewarm deal to a fair deal.

Congrats to anybody who scored any of the big savings (Pacific, etc.) or even excellent deals such as True Blood. I wasn't sure if the code was one-use only, so I went through the whole list before ordering. A few solo titles (Source Code, Sand Pebbles) went OOS while I was doing this, but I'm convinced that most of the other titles on my want list were long gone before I even started.

I've gotten shipping notices on 12 titles, so I'm anxiously awaiting to see the condition. $10 each (which was the final total after shipping & tax were figured in) is about what I'd pay for a like-new new release at the flea market or pawn shop. That's why I'm seeing it as a lukewarm deal.
Old 08-11-11, 04:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PGHFlyer
This definitely doesn't work for me.......I picked about 7 items off their page of eligible titles...added BLACKJACK code (and it says it applied), not a single one showed up as $7
After reading your post, I went back & tried the same thing (trying to get a few titles that were OOS Monday or that I forgot about...or deleted to stay within the 21-title limit).

Can't get any of them to show at the $7 price even though all of them are on the pages that come up with the sale link on the home page.

Any suggestions?
Old 08-11-11, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by creekdipper
Any suggestions?
Isn't a trick situation, just faulty programming. It appears they added more to the eligibility list without making them compatible with the code. Furthermore, it appears some items taken FROM the list (Back to the Future, for instance) still works with the code. :/

Was going to try to make another order, but their system is SO slow today.
Old 08-11-11, 04:37 PM
Banned

^ ^ ^

Thanks. Yeah, the system is pretty mucked up...kept getting error messages when clicking on titles & had to click on the 'quick view' icon over the picture. It was a pain placing an order the other day because some items were going OOS even as order was being placed, but this is ridiculous.

I'll try again later to see if the system is working any better. It's frustrating to have to try so hard to buy something from them knowing that half the items will probably get canceled anyway.
Old 08-12-11, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts

Got home yesterday and had one of those USPS crates filled with gohastings packages sitting on my doorstep

I'm pretty happy with the results from this sale. I got in late and didn't expect a lot, but they came through with a lot of sets that were OOS at the time of the order. I received 17 movies/sets yesterday and everything was in fairly good shape. A couple slipcovers/cases were a little beat up but I don't care about the slipcovers and I can replace the cases. All the discs looked good as new which is enough for me.
Old 08-12-11, 08:41 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by John Galt
Got home yesterday and had one of those USPS crates filled with gohastings packages sitting on my doorstep

I'm pretty happy with the results from this sale. I got in late and didn't expect a lot, but they came through with a lot of sets that were OOS at the time of the order. I received 17 movies/sets yesterday and everything was in fairly good shape. A couple slipcovers/cases were a little beat up but I don't care about the slipcovers and I can replace the cases. All the discs looked good as new which is enough for me.
Had no idea you could order when it is OOS. I did manage to get Prison Break S1 and Planet Earth, but disgusted I couldn't get more since I was in on this sale early Sunday morning.
Old 08-12-11, 10:46 AM

is this sale dead now? the code doesnt seem to apply towards anything
Old 08-12-11, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It DOES work on some stuff, but some of the stuff working isn't on the list and most of the stuff on the list isn't working.

But the real reason I'm writing is to say I GOT IT! Lord of the Rings Extended blu-ray set for $7 and shipping. They actually shipped it, sent the right item and it was in amazing shape. Further, they sent it UPS in a box! I've been shopping Gohastings for years (about 6 total) and this is the first time they've paid off so well. Frankly, I keep expecting the rapture, or WWIII, to ruin the moment, since they seem as likely as this.

Last edited by izatright; 08-12-11 at 04:49 PM.
Old 08-12-11, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm guessing it will be nothing special, but noticed this little tidbit over on their Facebook page. In response to a couple people that were complaining about the code not working. It was mentioned by Hastings there will be a special coming out on Sunday for individual Blu's. I'm guessing the same old 20% off used, but I just wanted to put this out here so be on the lookout.

Nice score izatright.
Old 08-12-11, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

izatright.... despite the fact mine came in the silly cloth-like envelope .. it was in great shape with all the papers inside.. even the DC codes... glad we got it when we did...
Old 08-12-11, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by b2net
izatright.... despite the fact mine came in the silly cloth-like envelope .. it was in great shape with all the papers inside.. even the DC codes... glad we got it when we did...
Nice! I'm glad a few DVDtalkers managed to snag a copy, and more so that Gohastings honored the price and sent the right item. I think the guy who sent mine had to be a fan. UPS is freakin' expensive, even ground.
Old 08-14-11, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Anyone else having issues getting onto Hastings by chance or is it just me? Can't seem to get logged on to view my wishlist. And I have seen no mention on Facebook of the code they mentioned there was going to be today for Blu's.
Old 08-14-11, 11:18 AM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Schloob1
. And I have seen no mention on Facebook of the code they mentioned there was going to be today for Blu's.
The code is DOGDAYS and it's only 20% off Used Blu-rays.
Old 08-14-11, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

30% off PV Blu-rays as well.
Old 08-14-11, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Schloob1
I'm guessing it will be nothing special, but noticed this little tidbit over on their Facebook page. In response to a couple people that were complaining about the code not working. It was mentioned by Hastings there will be a special coming out on Sunday for individual Blu's. I'm guessing the same old 20% off used, but I just wanted to put this out here so be on the lookout.

Nice score izatright.
What a shock at today's sale. YAWN
Old 08-19-11, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

GoHastings Free Shipping Code

Great for those less expensive titles...
Otherwise if the % off for DOGDAYS is more than shipping costs.. you are better off using it...
Old 08-19-11, 11:37 PM

I picked up 9 dvds for under 10 bucks with the no shipping code.
Old 08-20-11, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by MovieFanatic81
I picked up 9 dvds for under 10 bucks with the no shipping code.
The "no shipping code"? Is that the one where you buy the DVDs and they never ship them to you? It saves them shipping costs and their employees get to enjoy your DVDs. :-) Just kidding. I know you mean the "free shipping code".

It reminds me of a Monty Python sketch about car insurance: "You see, you unfortunately plumped for our 'Neverpay' policy, which, you know, if you never claim is very worthwhile, but you had to claim, and, well, there it is."
Old 08-20-11, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana
The "no shipping code"? Is that the one where you buy the DVDs and they never ship them to you? It saves them shipping costs and their employees get to enjoy your DVDs. :-) Just kidding. I know you mean the "free shipping code".

It reminds me of a Monty Python sketch about car insurance: "You see, you unfortunately plumped for our 'Neverpay' policy, which, you know, if you never claim is very worthwhile, but you had to claim, and, well, there it is."
It was late at night for me i don't know what the hell i was thinking of typing. lol.

But so far one of them has been canceled.
Old 08-21-11, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by bigjim25
Enter code 1234 for $1 shipping on each item.
Pretty sure it doesn't stack with anything else... but may be good on some cheapies you want..
Old 08-21-11, 06:03 PM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

For anyone that has a Hastings nearby and wants a $5 off of $25 email coupon, shoot me an PM. I don't have a store near me and they sent me one when I placed my order.
Old 08-21-11, 11:44 PM

Received 213 Likes on 140 Posts

For the record my entire order on the free shipping code got sent out; it remains to be seen if what they sent and what I ordered will be the same.
Old 08-22-11, 09:28 AM

I only ordered 4 items from this free shipping sale, but they said they sent all 4 out, so that's much better than my usual luck with them... it's probably because I didn't really want any of them that bad and wouldn't care if they didn't ship (in fact I went in expecting some to be canceled). I think I said (or meant to) in an earlier post that the problems usually arise if you're buying a particularly popular item where they run out of stock. I guess I bought 4 unpopular cheap BDs. I'll be interested to see the condition of the BDs and their BD cases when they arrive.

I wasted more time than I should've looking for things I wanted during their sale and checking the reviews to see which BDs dropped extras from the DVDs I have. I shouldn't have to sacrifice extras to get better video/audio, but some studios are lazy/cheap. Unfortunately even at $4-$5 each, I couldn't justify DVD to BD upgrades on most stuff I own, and most of the other cheap BDs I already have. Unfortunately the titles that get into the dirt cheap range at Gohastings are ones that have already been dirt cheap somewhere else (Blockbuster or Amazon), so it doesn't leave much for me. I'm sure if I had hours to burn (which I don't) I could've found some games, DVDs, or CDs I wanted, but as long as I'm working to earn money to buy stuff, I'll never have time to search for the stuff to buy.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.