Reload this Page >

Hastings / gohastings.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Hastings / gohastings.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Old 05-13-11, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
re: Hastings / gohastings.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

I bit on the Pacific as well, I was tempted to just get the DVD for 18ish, but I see some of the extras are exclusive to Blu.
Old 05-13-11, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Looked up about 20 titles and they either didn't have them at all, were out of stock or were overpriced.

I never seem to find much anymore at this site. The last order I made was when they had the Facebook 55 cent shipping deal and sure enough one of the DVDs they sent was the wrong one. I can always count on that happening.

And I know I am a broken record on this, but fuck, it's such a hassle to browse there, especially when you can't put something in your Wish List if they have never carried it. They have such an antiquated Search feature compared to such sites as Oldies.com and even SWAP A DVD, both of which offer state of the art Search options. Hatings and Deep Discount never make finding anything a guarantee and it more often than not exhausts me just to try.

But kudos to those who do and continue to get deals from them! You are a better man than I am, Gunga Din.
Old 05-13-11, 06:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ProfessorEcho, you got lucky there. I ordered 22 cds/DVDs duding that sale, 2 were wrong, 4 scratched to hell. Still waiting on 3 of them.
Old 05-14-11, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

They neglected to send me one title I ordered in a double pack. Also, they won't refund the sales tax on three items I returned last month. I wrote them explaining the issue, but they just sent an auto-response asking me to call. Their business hours are only Mon.-Fri. during hours that are not convenient for me (currently doing double shifts). I e-mailed my credit card company to complain, but just noticed a message on my answering machine from an Indian woman who I had trouble understanding. I assume she wants me to call or send them some kind of proof of my claim. Too much BS to deal with over a few cents, but I'm not letting Hastings keep money they weren't due -- no matter how small the amount.
Old 05-14-11, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by sade
ProfessorEcho, you got lucky there. I ordered 22 cds/DVDs duding that sale, 2 were wrong, 4 scratched to hell. Still waiting on 3 of them.
For me, it was one out of four so perhaps, percentage wise, we are not too far off, but don't trust my math. And I'm certainly not trying to minimize your frustration, which is well earned and justified.

There are deals to be had at Hastings, but often it translates into an investment of time and effort that just doesn't pay off.
Old 05-14-11, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've been pretty lucky with them in terms of getting what I ordered and in good condition. A couple of books had different covers but that was fine.

I have had a few problems with the way they pick and send their items. I've ordered a few blus that were in stock at the time I ordered and were, according to my account, in stock up to 24 hours later only to be changed to out of stock and canceled. I ordered one of those items again during this sale and it was in stock and now states out of stock. We'll see how it goes this time.
Old 05-14-11, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeffrey r
New code: SOCIALMANIA

Appears to be 30% off used DVD's, CD's and Video Games, and 20% off used Blurays.

Picked up Battlestar Galactica Complete Series Blu for $67, The Pacific Blu for $29, and Men In Black Blu for $9.
This is the one thing that makes me love this site and loathe it at the same time. After seeing your post in the afternoon I thought real hard about finally biting on it that day and of course it was out of stock. Lo and behold I check this morning and not only in stock, the price was only $26 before discount so with code TOPGUN was able to snag it for only $23.88 after shipping.

Their price fluctuation/stock issues are something to be desired.
Old 05-15-11, 08:02 AM

^^^ I'll take the "loathe" angle on that one--lol. But $30 was my threshold price on The Pacific, so I know/knew it can always go lower (I just wasn't expecting the next day...). Oh well, I got a decent deal, and you got a great deal. And for the record, they ended up cancelling my Battlestar Galactica order. You've got to be willing to take the good and the bad with Gohastings.
Old 05-15-11, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Shoot, nice snag Schloob, I got in on it for the higher price too.
Old 05-15-11, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I was able to get The Godfather Collection (blu) for $22. I didn't think it would ship since it went out of stock right after I placed my order, but I just got the shipping notice. Now I can sell my dvd set for around the same price and consider this a free upgrade.
Old 05-15-11, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by dino88
I was able to get The Godfather Collection (blu) for $22. I didn't think it would ship since it went out of stock right after I placed my order, but I just got the shipping notice. Now I can sell my dvd set for around the same price and consider this a free upgrade.
Which as long as it gets shipped to you, you got the "1" used copy that they had somewhere There have been countless times on here where someone or other on this forum have beaten others to the punch so to speak on last copies.
Old 05-15-11, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I hear you jeffrey and starman, the $30 was my threshold as well and on Friday I just kept going back and forth and said "I'll just wait" and THIS time at least got lucky. You'll get em' next time.
Old 05-18-11, 10:10 AM
Cool New Member

Free shipping on orders $20 or more with the code WACKYWED until 11:59CST
Old 05-18-11, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I got all excited about this deal, until I realized not a single thing on my wishlist was in stock. D'oh.
Old 05-18-11, 01:29 PM

Free standard shipping today on minimum orders of $20 - use WACKYWED
Old 05-18-11, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

see 2 posts above you CurtisRob

Thx for posting Bachmelle, part of what I loathe about Hatings though happened. I thought for sure I finally got Nine Inch Nails Beside you in time in addition to Uncle Buck and Cliffhanger and just got the dreaded cancelled e-mail on the NIN. I thought for sure when I went back later and saw that it was out of stock that I was the one that caused it. Any chance one of you guys here on the forum got it at least
Old 05-18-11, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Woo! 7 of my used titles were in stock. Thanks!
Old 05-18-11, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I added 37 titles to my cart and then stared at it for 30 minutes deciding if I REALLY needed them...I didn't pull the trigger but I have HUNDREDS of unopened Blu-rays so I think I made the right choice (it will help me sleep better thinking that)
Old 05-19-11, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Posted as a new thread, but am reposting here:

"Facebook Fan Special - Now until 11:59pm CST tonight get 3 for $21 Used Blu-rays! Use Promo Code: BIEBERHOSEN. Click here to shop qualifying titles: http://ow.ly/4YCwj
Old 05-24-11, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I saw this posted on SD. Use code WATCHME for 20% off on used BD's.
Old 06-02-11, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

.96 shipping thru weekend. also dadsngrads 5 off 30 works. jump on it.
Old 06-14-11, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

FYI, but on Facebook they are posting that they will be having another "special day" planned out for when they hit 100K fans. As of right now they are at 94K so perhaps at the end of this week it could happen. As long as they don't mess it up like when they did 50K fans I'll be happy. If they do different offers every 2-3 hours then we'll know they did not learn their lesson unless of course those offers are of the discount AND shipping discount obviously. Will have to wait and see, time to update my wishlist and hope my stuff stays in stock
Old 06-14-11, 03:21 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I picked up Christmas Story blu-ray tin (brand new) via Amazon Marketplace for under $5 shipped. Surely this was a pricing error? They shipped it in a padded envelope and it suffered a couple of minor dings courtesy of the USPS...but at that price I figure it wasn't worth complaining about! --Peter
Old 06-14-11, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts

Their sales since that fiasco have been better than the ones during the 50k celebration.
Old 06-14-11, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by John Galt
Their sales since that fiasco have been better than the ones during the 50k celebration.
EXACTLY, well said. For such a hyped sale it sucked

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.