Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Hastings / gohastings.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-16, 06:38 PM
Premium Member

Received 694 Likes on 464 Posts
Re: Hastings / gohastings.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Damn, can't seem to get it to work with a 5 combo of LOST, Blacklist, Breaking Bad sets.

Edit: pulled out Breaking Bad and added an Arrow season and it worked, but only with season 2 of Arrow (1 or 3 wouldn't work). Weird.

Last edited by The Cow; 04-09-16 at 07:05 PM.
Old 04-09-16, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by The Cow
Damn, can't seem to get it to work with a 5 combo of LOST, Blacklist, Breaking Bad sets.
I had 7 titles in the cart for which the coupon applied. I added an 8th item and then the coupon got taken off three other titles to which it had previously applied. I removed the last disc I added that caused it but to no avail. strange logic indeed !!
Old 04-09-16, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 362 Likes on 214 Posts

I had Arrow Season 1-2 with bd & dvd & Arrow Season 3 in my cart. I also had Lost S1 & S2. The price dropped to $4 each. I then put Flash S1 in my cart & all went back to their regular price. I removed Lost S1 BD & had 5 titles again in my cart but could get price to drop back down to $4. I removed Flash S1 & had the original 5 used bds in my cart. But could never get them to drop to $4 again. Time to take a break until later tonight.
Old 04-10-16, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Looks like I will need to call Gohasting first thing in the morning. I placed 4 orders but only received 3 emails yesterday. I notice the order for Sons of Anarchy Seasons 1-5 on dvd was missing. I was going to place another order for the 5 dvds which was buying for my brother.

So I decided to check out my orders on their site & the order was missing. But when I click on another order which is Sons of Anarchy: Season 6 & 7, Bridge: Season 1, Breaking Bad: Season 5 - All Hail the King, & Breaking Bad: Final Season on Bd, that is where you see the Sons of Anarchy Seasons 1-5 on dvds.

I guess their damn site had a brain fart many times over. So not sure what I'm going to get. Either way if I do get the Sons of Anarchy Seasons 1-5 on dvd. I will now be missing the final 2 seasons of Sons of Anarchy & Breaking Bad.

Finally realized what happen late last night. I went back & checked the emails they sent out for each order. Two orders, the ones above, have the same order number. They started shipping out some of the Sons of Anarchy dvd box sets. So I placed a new order for the Breaking Blu-ray box sets.

Last edited by kahuna; 04-11-16 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-10-16, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

The site was very busy last night when hastings restocked.
The code did not work for some items.And lost A few items
when trying to get 5 for the sale A few times.Nothing I could not live without.

I'll post what I ordered and received on my spending tab post.
Most movies I bought in A long time from one store.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/63...l#post12685584
Old 04-10-16, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

My first order was split into packages last week (the 50% off sale) but yesterday's sale only generated an invoice from them. I did not receive a paypal one that usually has a hold on the total amount yet I have not received a cancellation notice from GoHastings or paypal. Here's hoping everything is on the level.
Old 04-11-16, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

The good:
I received shipping notices for every title in both orders so far. 2 of the 10 titles I ordered arrived today.

The bad:
One has to "go back" as I ordered a R1 set of a "complete" BBC series and they sent a R2 S3 set instead. They don't even list the R2 one on the site. How can anyone screw up purchasing something as a "complete series" when a disc/set is clearly labeled "series 3" and *not* look to see if it's non-US (when a UK series)? At the very least, scanning the UPC to look it up in their system should fail causing you to examine the title more closely? At the store here if it doesn't scan properly they'll typically reject the title.
Old 04-11-16, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 8 movies today from A few orders I made around Saturday am.All in good shape.
Most of my movies I purchase online are from hastings.Sometimes they cancel part of A ordered and once in awhile I'll get the remake of A older movie I ordered.

Yeah their website is not the greatest.But they have some damn good deals in the past.And this deal might be one of the best ever.
Old 04-12-16, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I did receive the rest of my first order (from the 50% off sale one) yesterday. The discs were in good condition. Some had smudges/fingerprints but I was able to clean them all up. I started watching my copy of Sunshine and wouldn't you know it - the fucking PIP window popped up detailing the production of the film. I had totally forgot about that defect on some of the early BD's for that title. I don't know if I should get an exchange or refund, etc. That's a bit of a pain. Granted, the disc cost me less than $3, so we'll see what happens.

The rest of my items that I ordered over the weekend have shipped.
Old 04-12-16, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've received a few blu only titles that were listed as blu/dvd combos (American Sniper, Jupiter Ascending, Muppets Most Wanted, Book of Eli)
I order way too much from these guys and other than the few remake/original title mix ups they're pretty much where I buy all my movies at this point. Cheap and generally great shape. (sometime a sealed copy comes through)
Old 04-12-16, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

From the previous 41% & 50% off sales. I am still waiting on 2 used BD box sets to arrive. Both shipped Media Mail. Although one other order of 3 BDs also shipped Media mail arrived much sooner then usual. Once it arrived at Richmond, Ca. it took 5 days to arrive at my home. Usually it takes 10-15 days. Also got a couple 3D titles brand new Inside Out & Guardians of the Galaxy. Also Steve Jobs a PV bd came with a dvd & HD code. First time that has happen.

This current sale which I placed 6 orders. Five shipped out, except for the order I placed last night.

Shipping totals for 5 orders:
1. UPS 2nd Day Air - 4 titles (this is a first time a GH store ship to me by UPS)
2. 1st Class Mail - 1 Title
3. UPS Mail Innovations - 4 Titles
4. Media Mail - 16 Titles
Old 04-12-16, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Yeah, it REALLY varies on the store (location) you get your titles sourced from.
Old 04-13-16, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Order #6:
Star Wars: The Force Awakens - UPS Mail Innovations
Avengers: Age of Ultron 3D - UPS Mail Innovations
Mad Max: Fury Road 3D - UPS Mail Innovations
Transformers: Dark of the Moon 3D - Media Mail
The Hateful Eight - UPS Mail Innovations
Old 04-13-16, 04:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by kahuna
Order #6:
Star Wars: The Force Awakens - UPS Mail Innovations
Avengers: Age of Ultron 3D - UPS Mail Innovations
Mad Max: Fury Road 3D - UPS Mail Innovations
Transformers: Dark of the Moon 3D - Media Mail
The Hateful Eight - UPS Mail Innovations
I also ordered Star Wars and The Hateful Eight.
Kind of wished I did not buy the Best Buy SB of Star Wars.But I had $15 in rewards that I had to use.And it is A nice steel.

I HAD both the Avengers: Age of Ultron 3D and Mad Max: Fury Road 3D in my cart before....Glad someone form DVDland got them.
Not sure why I tired to buy them.As I only own A 3D player and never got around to buying A 3D HDTV.
Old 04-13-16, 06:03 PM

received 7 DVDs and a blu-ray - all in pristine condition.
Yay Gohastings!
Old 04-13-16, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
One has to "go back" as I ordered a R1 set of a "complete" BBC series and they sent a R2 S3 set instead.
This is a first for me. They actually want me to return the title to receive a refund. I'm guessing that since the pre-coupon price of this one was ~$28 they want to double-check and possibly sell it again or possibly do some type of charge back to the originating store? It could also be that I finally (after 300+ purchases with ~10 defectives/mis-shipped) hit some magical limit where they'll want everything returned. Because of this I checked Amazon to see if they are doing a "trade-in" for the title. They are, and I can get a few cents more than if I return it to Hastings assuming they get the refund correct (price + shipping + tax). I'm leaning towards Amazon since I regularly purchase stuff there anyway and *their* shipping method is trackable and insured where Hastings is not (it's a "Postage Due" Media Mail label with no insurance).

On a more pleasant note, I received 7 titles today, 1 of which is still shrink-wrapped (new - not a re-wrap job) and the others all look new. I could totally disregard that mis-shipped title and *still* come out way ahead of the curve on this one.
Old 04-14-16, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Picked up 4 seasons of Lost and the 24 miniseries for $4 each. Second order in a month.
Everything arrived in great condition yesterday. Two of the seasons of Lost were still shrink wrapped with the security tags on them. Now I just need to find the final two seasons dirt cheap to finish off my collection.
Old 04-14-16, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My first order of 6 arrived yesterday.
Blacklist: Season 1 & 2, Empire: Season 1, & Game of Thrones: S1 by UPS 2nd day air.
Five minutes later USPS delivers Straight Outta Compton shipped 1st class.

Wish everything I buy from GH would arrive this fast. Five orders to go.
Old 04-14-16, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

My copy of Hard Target arrived by itself - from the second order over the weekend.
Old 04-15-16, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Had a couple of screwups recently from them. Order a used copy of Spectre during the 41% sale and got a PVD. They wouldn't do a refund, wanted me to return it. Looked on youtube and it seems like all of the extras are on there, so I decided to keep it. If Spectre wasn't such a relatively bare-bones disk, I would send it back. Then, as part of the 5 for $20 sale, I ordered the Ultimate Collector's Edition of Elf, but just received the regular version. I figured that one was unlikely to actually come, and we didn't already own it, so I'll just keep it. Prior to these issues, I have had pretty good luck with Hastings.
Old 04-15-16, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

They sent me a 30% coupon code, so I ordered a couple of Van Damme used titles for $13 shipped used. Shit, they really do have great deals.
Old 04-15-16, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 229 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
This is a first for me. They actually want me to return the title to receive a refund. I'm guessing that since the pre-coupon price of this one was ~$28 they want to double-check and possibly sell it again or possibly do some type of charge back to the originating store? It could also be that I finally (after 300+ purchases with ~10 defectives/mis-shipped) hit some magical limit where they'll want everything returned.
Originally Posted by collven
Had a couple of screwups recently from them. Order a used copy of Spectre during the 41% sale and got a PVD. They wouldn't do a refund, wanted me to return it. Looked on youtube and it seems like all of the extras are on there, so I decided to keep it. If Spectre wasn't such a relatively bare-bones disk, I would send it back.
Collven, I had a similar thing happen in that I ordered a used copy of (500) Days of Summer and got a previously-viewed copy. I emailed them about it, figuring that they'd tell me that they'd simply refund the cost, as I had gotten it for $1.95 plus shipping. But, no, they wanted it back, which makes me think that you're right, BobO'Link, in that maybe I've hit that magical threshold where they're going to want me to return everything.

I did think about keeping it since it was so cheap, but I really wanted the extra features on it, so back to Hastings it went.
Old 04-15-16, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Weird, I can't get the MOVIETIME! code to work now. I have 5 used 3D blu rays in my cart (all $29.99 or less) and it's not discounting any of them. The code should still be good through tomorrow, right?
Old 04-15-16, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Weird, I can't get the MOVIETIME! code to work now. I have 5 used 3D blu rays in my cart (all $29.99 or less) and it's not discounting any of them. The code should still be good through tomorrow, right?
I just added 5 random blu-rays to my cart, and it works. They may have disabled it for 3D titles, as they have for other random things throughout the sale.
Old 04-15-16, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I tried a lot of 3-D titles, and the only one that I'm not 100% sure it didn't work was "Titanic". (I don't think so, but I'm not certain and it's sold out now so I can't check.)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.