Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Hastings / gohastings.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-12, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Hastings / gohastings.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Here is my $10 off $40 if anyone can use before midnight tonight - please post if used so people don't waste time trying:

AP1040S184
Old 04-22-12, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

And should that one not work, here is another:

AP1040CIIB

Old 04-22-12, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

and 1 more....

AP1040PLC2
Old 04-22-12, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not using mine. Let me know if you use it and what you got with it!

AP1040F45F
Old 04-27-12, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Deal for today and tomorrow only. 33% off on used and previously viewed Blu's. Looks like others are getting 3D blu's to work as well as appears to not be a limited list of eligible titles. code is SIDESHOWBOB

picked up the following, shipping is still $0.96 as well

Godzilla (Broderick) $5.12
Bruce Almighty $3.27
Fox and the Hound 1&2 $12.66
Frozen Planet $15.07
Tale of Despereaux $3.27
Role Models $3.40
Old 04-27-12, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Schloob1
Deal for today and tomorrow only. 33% off on used and previously viewed Blu's. Looks like others are getting 3D blu's to work as well as appears to not be a limited list of eligible titles. code is SIDESHOWBOB
Is there a thread or list somewhere which 3D BDs work at what discounted prices?
Old 04-27-12, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks, had a gift card to use:

Rango
Previously Viewed - Blu-ray
Discount: One for $4.69

Captain America: The First Avenger
Chris Evans
Previously Viewed - Blu-ray
Discount: One for $4.69

Bored to Death: The Complete First Season
Previously Viewed - Digital Video Disc (DVD)
Discount: One for $2.68
Old 04-27-12, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana
Is there a thread or list somewhere which 3D BDs work at what discounted prices?
As I mentioned, does not appear to be 'limited" this time around. ALL used and previously viewed blus are eligible including 3D titles, no one as of yet has mentioned being shut out unless the item was out of stock of course. So unfortunately as you have complained about in the past you have to use their terrible website to find/sort through what they have in stock
Old 04-27-12, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 362 Likes on 214 Posts

When I click on a title. All I get is.

We're sorry, but the page you requested was not found.

The address may have been typed incorrectly, or the page may no longer exist.
Please check the address or go to our home page or site map, which we hope will help you find what
you're looking for.
Old 04-27-12, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by kahuna
When I click on a title. All I get is.

We're sorry, but the page you requested was not found.

The address may have been typed incorrectly, or the page may no longer exist.
Please check the address or go to our home page or site map, which we hope will help you find what
you're looking for.
Try again, apparently they were briefly down again. Or it could very well be a title that is having an issue with it's listing on the rare occasion. I know for Rango (used Blu) I get that all the time but everything else works fine.
Old 04-27-12, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Why is it whenever I bookmark this site it always defaults to the mobile homepage? I bookmark it on the full site homepage but when I click on the bookmark tab it instead takes me to the mobile homepage. This has been going on ever since they came up with a mobile site. Why?
Old 05-02-12, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

received my order of
Planet Earth 6 disc Special Edition -$21
Frozen Planet - $15
Seven/Copycat/Taking Lives triple feature - $7.64
Gone With The Wind - 70th Anniversary Limited Edition - $22.97

my best haul ever !!!
Old 05-03-12, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 450 Likes on 308 Posts

Damn, wish I had seen that Frozen Planet deal.
Old 05-03-12, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Sorry to post this in the Hastings Blu Ray thread as it deals strictly with SD titles, but there is no apparent generic thread for Hastings in the SD forum. This is my first experience with "PREVIOUSLY VIEWED" titles (aka RENTAL COPIES, why they are not upfront in calling them that is beyond me) and I wanted to share my experience in case anyone ever considers ordering the lower priced PV titles:

The majority of the discs I received are in decent shape for rental copies. They are all loaded with fingerprints and light scratches, but I'm hoping they will play okay.

As for the cases, most of them were rental cases, but only had stickers on the case itself and not the artwork, so that was easy to remove and use the case. However, there were some ones that were a mess:

GASLIGHT: The artwork was cut from a snapper case and put into a keepcase. Naturally it looks terrible.

FEMALE YAKUZA: This cover was cut in half so there is no spine with it, just the front and back covers. I have no idea why this was done, but it looks like they cut the slipcover and used that instead of the genuine cover.

BLIND WOMAN'S CURSE: Stickers were all over the artwork, not the case. They did not come off very easily and left sticky sections and tears. Fortunately that was the only one that had stickers on the art.

THE LORELY'S GRASP: No artwork at all, just a GoHastings wrapper on it.

THE GATLING GUN: It's a Spaghetti western, but they sent me the wrong movie, a public domain TV movie with the same title. This has happened to me before with Spaghetti westerns on the Dorado Films brand DVDs. They have the same titles as public domain movies and invariably I am sent the wrong movie.

MR. ARKADIN: This was the three disc Criterion. It came in a TWO DISC case with the third disc just thrown in there loose! No book and no artwork at all, just a GoHastings wrapper. Now the page for this item said it came with the book and the box, but they were nowhere.

For the last two I called and complained and was told I have to send them back with a pre-paid label. For $4 I will probably just keep ARKADIN though the discs were in pretty rough shape. Most of the times Hastings will offer a full refund and not require you to send the DVDs back, but every so often you will get an CSR who is adamant about returning the defective items. Fair enough, they can have their 99 cents store public domain western back.
Old 05-03-12, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
This is my first experience with "PREVIOUSLY VIEWED" titles (aka RENTAL COPIES, why they are not upfront in calling them that is beyond me) and I wanted to share my experience in case anyone ever considers ordering the lower priced PV titles:
The difference between used and previously viewed is described on their site. Blockbuster refers their used product as previously viewed as well.

New Product
We 100% GUARANTEE all new products to be in new condition and in the original packaging.

USED/Previously Viewed Product
We 100% GUARANTEE the full functionality of all used and previously viewed product. Due to the nature of used and previously viewed products; booklet inserts, digital content and manuals are not guaranteed in any used or previously viewed product.

Previously Viewed/Previously Played (PV/PP) - are movies/games that were rented in our retail locations. These movies/games have been reconditioned. This product will not include additional discs, digital content, inserts or other inclusions typically associated with new product.

USED - is product we have purchased through our trade in program or from other merchant partners. These products are carefully inspected before purchasing and tested to ensure they have full functionality. This product may not include additional discs, digital content, inserts or other inclusions typically associated with new product. All items are reconditioned and packaged for purchase.
Old 05-03-12, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

So judging by their description "reconditioned" means jacked up artwork (if you're lucky enough to get any at all), scratched discs and whatever else they feel like doing. No thanks. Sorry for your luck PE, I'd be pretty pissed.
Old 05-03-12, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks Seth. The only reason why I'm not is that most of the stuff was about $3.00 shipped, but I doubt if I'll order PV again. I was happy to get some OOP stuff for a cheap price, but in this case you definitely get what you pay for.
Old 05-03-12, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Seth. The only reason why I'm not is that most of the stuff was about $3.00 shipped, but I doubt if I'll order PV again. I was happy to get some OOP stuff for a cheap price, but in this case you definitely get what you pay for.
You got some great titles in that bunch, and the price was certainly right. It just sucks that they give you such a vague description on the condition you MIGHT be receiving.
Old 05-04-12, 01:57 AM

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

FEMALE YAKUZA: This cover was cut in half so there is no spine with it, just the front and back covers. I have no idea why this was done, but it looks like they cut the slipcover and used that instead of the genuine cover.
I bought that title new from DD earlier this year and it didn't come with cover art -- just the disk in a clear plastic case with the title printed on the plastic slipcover (sort of like the original DVD of Saw).
Most of the times Hastings will offer a full refund and not require you to send the DVDs back, but every so often you will get an CSR who is adamant about returning the defective items. Fair enough, they can have their 99 cents store public domain western back.
I think it has something to do with the number of titles you return at some point. Over the years, I purchased over 400 titles from Hastings when the free shipping deals were more frequent. Mainly the really cheap stuff -- and it usually arrived as rough as your descriptions. There were at least 50-60 titles that I contacted them about (around 1 in 7, on average) that were either incorrect, missing discs or just plain defective. After about 20 refunds, they started asking for everything to be returned, no matter how small the cost. I don't blame them and I was more than happy to oblige. These products were guaranteed and they were offering returns on their dime. Still, they had to be losing money when I was sending back a defective 80 cent DVD. Eventually I stopped shopping with them altogether. It didn't help that they kept omitting sales tax from my refunds and one of their phone reps was a grade-A bitch to me when I called to get one of their mistakes corrected.
Old 05-04-12, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by joe_b
I think it has something to do with the number of titles you return at some point.
I must have hit that threshold. I've bought a lot from them over the years with the understanding that I will possibly either get the wrong title or something in bad condition (with PVD titles being the worst - potentially no art, DiscGuard stickers on the discs, scuffs, etc.). Up until this sale, anytime I've called in on a CD or DVD less than $20 that was incorrect, they gave me a refund without a return. With this sale, my order was the following list of PVD:

The Living End
Le Doulos
The Boys in Company C
Le Corbeau
The Harvey Girls
Throne of Blood
Au Revoir Les Enfants
Let Sleeping Corpses Lie
Hollywood Boulevard
The Hands of Orlac
The Stunt Man
Edge of Darkness
Look Around You: Season One
The Complete Mr. Arkadin
Tie Me Up! Tie Me Down!
Simon, King of the Witches
3 Women
TEX AVERY'S DROOPY: COMPLETE THEATRICAL COLLECTION
Harlan County USA
Metropolitan
Earth vs. the Flying Saucers
The Dracula Saga
The Super Inframan
Under the Volcano
Atragon
Boris Karloff Collection
Tough Enough
Son of Godzilla
Kagemusha
Heat
The Manitou
My Own Private Idaho
Koko: A Talking Gorilla
Sasquatch Horror Collection
The Fantastic Planet
Stranger Than Paradise
Sin Syndicate/Sin Magazine/She Came On the Bus
Kicking and Screaming
The In-Laws
Whatever Happened To Aunt Alice?
Vice Squad
Thriller: A Cruel Picture
Horror Rises from the Tomb
Nosferatu
I'm Dancing As Fast As I Can
Short Cuts
The Charles Bukowski Tapes
The Queen of Black Magic
Border Radio
Fire and Ice
Anguish
Let Me Die a Woman
Hercules and the Captive Women/Hercules, Prisoner of Evil
Overlord
Paul Lynde Halloween Special
Spider Baby
Nude for Satan
I Vampiri
Autopsy
The Manitou
The Last Hunter
Basket Case 2

Since individual stores fulfill the orders, most have been shipped separately - for the last couple of days, my carrier has left a garbage bag filled with Hastings envelopes on my doorstep. I did receive a couple of incorrect items, and when I called the CSR yesterday, she asked for me to send them back and sent me a return postage label.
Old 05-04-12, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Seth, I did get some great and OOP titles in the sale, but as I said, I will hesitate before buying PV stuff from them again.

Joe, thanks for the info about FEMALE YAKUZA and the GoHastings return data. I kind of figured that's what happened to me, as n.phelge says, I hit the threshold for returns and now they will require me to send stuff back. I don't care as they are paying for their mistake. They are definitely losing money, but I guess they need the assurance that I am not trying to put something over on them.

n.phelge, what a great list of stuff you got! Man, you stole that I VAMPIRI right out from under me! Hope everything is in good shape.
Old 05-04-12, 05:39 PM

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

^ Nice haul!
Old 05-05-12, 01:43 AM

I also recently bought a few PV dvds recently, including 6 Criterions. None of them had books (which is what I expected), one didn't come with the coverart, and two had cracks in the center ring. Most of them had stickers directly on the artwork.

Contrary to what has been said, I've only received one refund ever from Hastings for a broken disc that I didn't have to return, and it was a $2 movie. However they want the two with the center ring cracks returned. One of the movies is "Ran", and I'm hesitant to return it because I know I'll never find that good of a deal again. The crazy thing is the disc has no scratches.

I also received a Disney one disc (listed as two online) rental only dvd with a unique upc. Thanks Disney!
Old 05-05-12, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Of all things, my bro had an extra copy of the book for MR. ARKADIN, found it at a local library for free as they were not including it in their loaner copy of the set. Now if I can just find the empty box/case somewhere!
Old 05-13-12, 03:09 AM

Received 95 Likes on 77 Posts

30% off - code: Webster

I got: 9 1/2 Weeks, Manhattan and Young Adult for $30

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.