No, he means Bazinga

And by the way, BAZINGA
I thought the BAZINGA was implied.
Old 11-26-10, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts
Re: Wal marts Official black friday ad

Originally Posted by Manzana
Over 9000 what? Characters? I know it's a long post, but I didn't feel like spending a lot of time beautifying it... not to mention you quoted all of it which makes it worse.
Originally Posted by Manzana
I wasn't offended. I was just trying to understand the crits over 9000 and game over you die comments.

No, if I have a lot to say and I'm in my proper ranting mode (as I was with Walmart today), then I'm probably the most cynical and the longest winded of anyone here.
a paragraph or 4 might have been nice.
Old 11-26-10, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went back to Wal-Mart at 5:30 PM and walked around the store to all the different buggies they had around with department returns and just mixed up items. They had put out some more DVDs and Blu-Ray movies in the cardboard stands as there were quite a few things I didn't ever see this morning...

But eventually found the motherload... an entire buggy overflowing with almost every hard to find DVD and Blu-Ray (including The Departed [BD] and I also saw True Blood S.1, but I have that). I also found a buggy with games in it. Not too much good, but I did I did see Infamous (PS3) for $10 that somehow managed to survive the morning onslaught.
Old 11-26-10, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Manzana, I hope you never change
Old 11-26-10, 07:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What? 9,000?!
Old 11-26-10, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I stopped in at 4:30 PM...

Heat
The Departed
Gran Torino
V for Vendetta
Hellboy II

and put back another 5 or so of the $5s... there were lots of the $10 BDs available.

Also snagged Infamous and Uncharted for the PS3 (the only copies of both).

I enjoyed a good nights sleep, drove 3 1/2 hours home from Nashville and still got most of what I wanted...
Old 11-26-10, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I went to Wal-Mart around 4PM and was able to pick up three of the blu-rays I wanted (Superbad, Step Brothers, She's Out Of My League) but was unable to find Pineapple Express. Not a big deal though.

Last edited by PopcornBandit; 11-26-10 at 08:50 PM.
Old 11-26-10, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Went to a few different WMs today & they all had different $5 BRs from the night before.
Old 11-26-10, 09:16 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I went at 11 am and employees were refilling the displays when I got there. I found all the few $5 blu-ray titles I was looking for and some $1,97 DVDs.
Old 11-26-10, 09:38 PM

I was at my local WM at 2AM and it wasn't crazy, there were tons and tons of blu's left too. Then we ran into a neighbor of ours who worked there and he saw we had a bunch of BD's, he then went on to say they had several pallets of the same thing in the back to keep repleneshing throughout the weekend. Figured that might help some out.
Old 11-26-10, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by PopcornBandit
I went to Wal-Mart around 4PM and was able to pick up three of the blu-rays I wanted (Superbad, Step Brothers, She's Out Of My League) but was unable to find Pineapple Express. Not a big deal though.
if you want pineapple express order it on amazon its 8.99 and with the 3.00 promo coupon code GRHORNT it brings the price down to 5.99 only a we bit more than walmarts price after tax.
Old 11-27-10, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Just got back from my third visit to walmart today and was told that the movies are gonna be that price until they are gone. If anyone missed something it may be worth a trip to see if more were added as they were to my store. Picked up another 8 blu that werent available during my previous trips.
Old 11-27-10, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I went this evening and picked up

The Wrestler
Heat
Silence of the Lambs
Old 11-27-10, 12:30 AM
Mao

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

My local Walmart had these in pallets that had color coded stickers that said "Promo" in the upper left corner.

Blue stickers were $5 and black stickers were $10.

Grabbed what I wanted out of the pallets, then headed to the regular Blu sections with a list of things I'd seen in this thread that I'd wanted. Though they did not have stickers, they rang up at $5.
Old 11-27-10, 03:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Went back at like 9 tonight, and they had more than they had in the morning. I picked up The Mummy and The Mummy Returns. Saw Hellboy 2 but I have never seen it so I passed.
Old 11-27-10, 03:33 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

I went to my local Walmart at around 11:45am and honestly I stayed there alot longer than I should have considering the DVD/BR displays were pretty much empty/non-existent.

The $12 TV on DVD display had pretty much nothing left except every season of Reba and the TNT Hawthorne.

The $1.96, $5, $9, $13 DVD/BR displays were pretty much all gone. There was some remnants left in a few buckets, shopping carts that a shit load of people were still scrounging through.

This is what I managed to pick up through all the mess:

The Taking of Pelham 123 (DVD): 5.00
12 Rounds (BR): 5.00
Legion (DVD): 5.00
Halo Legends (DVD): 1.96
Batman: Under the Red Hood (DVD): 1.96
Red Dead Redemption (Xbox 360): 29.00
NBA Jam (WII): 29.00
Armored (DVD): 5.00
Superman/Batman Public Enemies (DVD): 1.96

Overall, I spend roughly $92. None of this stuff I really had to have, but I think got some decent stuff I can enjoy even though the whole experience of going to Walmart today sucked.
Old 11-27-10, 10:29 AM

Just a heads up, Wal Mart isn't going to keep the prices until they sell through them. I stopped by this mnorning and actually found a nice stack of blurays I wanted for $5, they stopped me and said the prices were back to normal. Thinking the employees didn't have a clue, which is usually the case, I took them to the register and they were ringing up at the regular prices.
Old 11-27-10, 10:39 AM

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Axeramm
Just got back from my third visit to walmart today and was told that the movies are gonna be that price until they are gone. If anyone missed something it may be worth a trip to see if more were added as they were to my store.
Big YMMV there. Went back earlier this morning to return my extra copy of Predator. It scanned at $9.99, but the lady double checked the receipt and refunded me the correct $5. So I already knew the BF prices had been reverted, but I went to check if the display was still up anyway. Most of the titles I bought yesterday were gone, but they had a ton of The Departed for some reason. I also saw all the Universal titles that were nowhere to be found on Friday.

There was a single copy of The Wrestler in the display. The electronics guy (who was breathing down my neck) told me that they were in the process of re-pricing everything and that I was just out of luck if I wanted it for $5 ["That was YESTERDAY, sir."]. This was one condescending old man. He scanned it with his pricing gun and it still showed the BF price. He told me it must be a mistake, so I rushed to a register. I also had Get Him to the Greek, which was still ringing up $10. The clerk scanned both movies and they showed the BF prices on the display. Then she hit the total button (register made a loud beep) and a $45.xx price popped up. I told her they had just scanned at the ad price. She checked the totals, called a supervisor and was told not to adjust the price. She asked me if I still wanted them (yeah, right!), but I just turned around and took them back. It's amazing how huffy these clerks become when you cause them the slightest inconvenience. I didn't try to argue, but she still acted so put out when I wouldn't complete the sale.

Last edited by joe_b; 11-27-10 at 12:18 PM.
Old 11-27-10, 10:48 AM

I agree on the employees....it was as if the employee took some joy out of telling me that the prices were back to normal. Maybe they were cranky because they had to work at 5 am Black Friday.
Old 11-27-10, 11:13 AM

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Yeah, maybe so. But the employee I was referring to has always been a jerk. One time I was checking box sets to pick out the one in the best condition. I was only there a minute when he literally pulled me aside and said "Sir, those are all the same - either buy one or move on." Miserable old fart...
Old 11-27-10, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

So I shouldn't check the other 2 Walmarts in my area (I went late yesterday and grabbed a few for $5 and $10 that I wanted and had hopes of maybe finding more at the other 2).. if all prices are back up... that kinda sucks.. guess I shoulda hit those other 2 last night.. whoops.
Old 11-27-10, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by joe_b
Yeah, maybe so. But the employee I was referring to has always been a jerk. One time I was checking box sets to pick out the one in the best condition. I was only there a minute when he literally pulled me aside and said "Sir, those are all the same - either buy one or move on." Miserable old fart...
You should have told him to go screw himself. That is rude!
Old 11-27-10, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by groundhog
Just a heads up, Wal Mart isn't going to keep the prices until they sell through them. I stopped by this mnorning and actually found a nice stack of blurays I wanted for $5, they stopped me and said the prices were back to normal. Thinking the employees didn't have a clue, which is usually the case, I took them to the register and they were ringing up at the regular prices.
I can confirm this too.

Displays still int he middle of the aisle, but everyting is ringing up normal.
Old 11-27-10, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by GuessWho
I can confirm this too.

Displays still int he middle of the aisle, but everyting is ringing up normal.
Ditto.... On the way home from spending the Thanksgiving holiday at Moms House, stopped in to see what the local store had left and all the $5 promos were ringing up full price. Had found a nice stack I had not found at moms Wall Mart (The Mummy's, Scorpion king, Wolfman, Nine,....).

I was happy for my over all holiday haul

Wal-Mart $5

The Silence Of The Lambs
The Departed
The Dark Knight
Batman Gotham~Knight
Batman Begins
Night at The Museum BOTS
The Wrestler
Predator UHE
Angels & Demons
The Day After Tomorrow
Independence Day
Bull Durham
Family Guy Something,Somthing
Final Destination
The Pineapple Express
Superbad 2D UEE
Heat

$10.00 Pick-ups:
Fight Club 10th AE - W/Slipcover
Terminator Salvation - W/Slipcover
The Hangover - Unrated

My Brother picked up for $5:

Australia (For Mom, HeHeHe)
Old 11-27-10, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Give them a break. They work at a dead end job like walmart probably making minimum wage. Walmart can't be a good job. That said, I would have told him to fuck off.

The only entertainment they can probably afford is pissing off customers lol

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.