What happens in Vegas
Road house
Princess bride
Something something darkside
Live free die hard
Walk the line
Seth mcfarlane cavalcade

And that's all of them at this location
Exact same BRs at two of the WMs I checked out tonight. I grabbed Armored & Legion from the electronic section then got them for $5 like advertised in their AD. Really wanted Angels & Demons but neither had it. Also PMed Predators for $9.99 but I got lucky since I was first in the cashier's line. She asked if she could PM 5 am sale & her manager said no but she still let me get it since it was already scanned. From the list above I got:

Walk the line
12 rounds
Mr & mrs smith
Day after tomorrow
Bull Durham
Predator ultimate hunter edition
Old 11-26-10, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Wal marts Official black friday ad

Originally Posted by SethDLH
Oh no, my store had 60 titles at $5.. just happened to only be 10 different titles.
Hah! I hadn't thought of it that way, but you're probably right.
Old 11-26-10, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Torchur317
Exact same BRs at two of the WMs I checked out tonight. I grabbed Armored & Legion from the electronic section then got them for $5 like advertised in their AD. Really wanted Angels & Demons but neither had it. Also PMed Predators for $9.99 but I got lucky since I was first in the cashier's line. She asked if she could PM 5 am sale & her manager said no but she still let me get it since it was already scanned. From the list above I got:

Walk the line
12 rounds
Mr & mrs smith
Day after tomorrow
Bull Durham
Predator ultimate hunter edition
Intresting that some of the 5 dollar titles in the ad like mummy, superbad, angels and demons and armored. are not in the displays or not in stock.
when you said you got armored for 5 dollars like advertised in their ad, do you mean they had to adjust the price on armored.
Old 11-26-10, 12:24 AM

My store didnt have any of the titles in ad when I got there at 11:30pm. Does anyone know if Best Buy will pricematch Walmart ads? Thanks
Old 11-26-10, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by bobwil54
My store didnt have any of the titles in ad when I got there at 11:30pm. Does anyone know if Best Buy will pricematch Walmart ads? Thanks
bestbuy does not price match ads tomorrow or saturday
Old 11-26-10, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
do you mean they had to adjust the price on armored.
Nope, both Legion & Armored rang up for $5 with no problem.
Old 11-26-10, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts

Intresting that some of the 5 dollar titles in the ad like mummy, superbad, angels and demons and armored. are not in the displays or not in stock.
when you said you got armored for 5 dollars like advertised in their ad, do you mean they had to adjust the price on armored.
I saw all of those titles actually. The electronics guy brought out a separate box and loaded the display after the first round got eaten up. They added all 3 Mummys and however many Scorpion Kings there were...also Fighting, Pineapple Express, You Dont Mess With The Zohan, Step Brothers (maybe?) and a couple others. You had to look behind some of the ones on the display in order to see them. He said he still had several other boxes in the back but I had had enough entertainment watching everyone fight over $3 mixers so I decided to go home.
Old 11-26-10, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Lemmy
I will never, ever, ever subject myself to the Wal-Mart Black Friday Experience again.
After tonight, agreeance. My previous experience was a couple of years back when I made two stops - around 4 pm and 6 pm - to exploit their PM policy when I couldn't find stuff in stock at Radio Shack, Beast Buy and Game Crazy. I got an Xbox and PC game for $10 ea. that were priced at $40 and a DualShock 3 controller for $30 that was tagged at $55. The price differences on the games were so large that they had to get managers to do the overrides and the line backed up behind me in Electronics. They looked like they wanted to strangle me, but I was just pimping their policy. Getting $135 worth of stuff for $50 was worth the trip. Tonight was the karmic payback, I suspect.
Old 11-26-10, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

Just got back from my Wal-Mart and it was pandemonium.

Managed to get

$5 BluRays
-Jumper
-Live Free Or Die Hard
-Slumdog Millionaire
-Pineapple Express

$2 DVD
-Observe & Report
-Fool's Gold

$5 DVD
-The Outlaw Josey Wales

$10 PS3 Games
-Killzone 2
-Ratchet & Clank Future

$3 Mini Food Processor

And a few other grocery items.

Also looks like my cashier was trying to go too fast and never scanned The Princess Bride BR so freebie on that one

I did get IDed for the R rated titles, thought that was odd to waste time on when they never do it any other time of the year.
Old 11-26-10, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Just got back. Picked up 20 titles. Waited in line for an hour as the entire store was a circus.

They had a lot of the titles listed but they didn't have Legion or Armored. Half the stuff was already gone at 11:30. I guess we can forget about sales starting at midnight.
Old 11-26-10, 12:43 AM

I drove up to the Wal Mart in Skokie, IL on Touhy Ave, saw that 80% of the plaza lot was filled with cars, and promptly turned the car around for home. Screw that. I'll go scavenging tomorrow.
Old 11-26-10, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by SterlingBen
Just got back from my Wal-Mart and it was pandemonium.

$10 PS3 Games
-Killzone 2
-Ratchet & Clank Future
ar.
See any other games? I heard Uncharted 2 was part of the deal
Old 11-26-10, 12:44 AM
Cool New Member

Just got back, here's my Haul:

Notebook
Silence of the Lambs
Heat

Get him to the Greek
She's out of my league

I'm hoping they bring the Mummy movies out later on...
Old 11-26-10, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Same at my store. I got ID-4, Day after tomorrow, and Battle for the Smithsonian. Funny thing was, the racks were in lawn and garden in a little room that is normally closed lol.
Old 11-26-10, 12:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At the Walmart I visited, the stands were located in the middle of the aisle next to the food area, instead of in the movie area as one would expect. It was difficult to browse due to the people with carts.

I ended up purchasing three thermal hoodies, but no BDs. I would've picked up Heat, but I didn't see it.

I was hoping that Iron Man or Caddyshack would be on sale.
Old 11-26-10, 01:00 AM

Got back about an hour ago. My Wal-mart was a madhouse as well, which was kind of surprising to me since it wasn't that bad last year. The layout was horrible this year. They had the movies in the clothes section, not the aisle there, but in the clothes racks where is was very congested.

I was also pretty pissed that I got there at 11:30 only to find out that the Blu-ray and DVD displays had already been picked through. I was only able to grab Gran Torino and Ice Age: The Meltdown from there. I was about to leave in frustration, but then I checked the regular Blu-ray rack in the electronics section. I grabbed a bunch of stuff off of there, even though there were no promo stickers on those copies. They rang up just fine though, which kind of surprised me. So some people may want to try that.

Anyway, here's my haul:

$10
Karate Kid (Combo pack version)
Get Him to the Greek
Ice Age: The Meltdown (gift)
She's Out of My League

$5
Legion
Armored
Taking of Pelham 123
Gran Tornino
Old 11-26-10, 01:05 AM

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by John Galt
Forgot, they also had Nine, Independence Day, and Predator. It worked out well for me as there were several high wants that I had just never picked up.
Was Nine $5?

There are about six of those $5 BDs that interest me. We're getting some scheduled auto maintenance done later this morning in a garage that's right across the street from WM, so I might as well give it a shot. I just cancelled my Amazon order for The Box ($7.99) on the slim chance they have it at my store.
Old 11-26-10, 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by Naughty!
Got back about an hour ago. My Wal-mart was a madhouse as well, which was kind of surprising to me since it wasn't that bad last year. The layout was horrible this year. They had the movies in the clothes section, not the aisle there, but in the clothes racks where is was very congested.

I was also pretty pissed that I got there at 11:30 only to find out that the Blu-ray and DVD displays had already been picked through. I was only able to grab Gran Torino and Ice Age: The Meltdown from there. I was about to leave in frustration, but then I checked the regular Blu-ray rack in the electronics section. I grabbed a bunch of stuff off of there, even though there were no promo stickers on those copies. They rang up just fine though, which kind of surprised me. So some people may want to try that.

Anyway, here's my haul:

$10
Karate Kid (Combo pack version)
Get Him to the Greek
Ice Age: The Meltdown (gift)
She's Out of My League

$5
Legion
Armored
Taking of Pelham 123
Gran Tornino
Same here I had to grab Legion, Armored and She's Out of My League in the electronics department. Those rang up at the sale price but Karate Kid rang up at $24.95 and they wouldn't change it. I really wanted Taking of Pelham 123 and Get Him to the Greek but they were sold out. Wasnt happy that everything was picked over 45 minutes before they stuff went on sale.
Old 11-26-10, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

I picked up Walk the Line, Live Free or Diehard, & Predator. Never even found the $10 display, but given the lists here of what was available I wouldn't have bought any of those anyway.
Old 11-26-10, 01:12 AM

Just got back....my store definitely had 60 different titles. I grabbed 40 of them. I was standing around by the displays for about 30 minutes before the sale started, and no one put any in their carts until right at midnight. I did organize a few stacks, so I could grab them and go when it started, though.
Old 11-26-10, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by joe_b
Was Nine $5?

There are about six of those $5 BDs that interest me. We're getting some scheduled auto maintenance done later this morning in a garage that's right across the street from WM, so I might as well give it a shot. I just cancelled my Amazon order for The Box ($7.99) on the slim chance they have it at my store.
Yes, Nine was $5...one of the ones I picked up.
Old 11-26-10, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by Murmur
Did you happen to be at the Noblesville store?? Mine had a similar situation in the video game department with some idiots who tried to camp out with chairs and block people from making purchases.
Funny that you guys mention this. As I was heading to the checkout, I saw 2 police officers standing around by the game displays, too. Of course, maybe they just wanted some games.....
Old 11-26-10, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by bobwil54
Wasnt happy that everything was picked over 45 minutes before they stuff went on sale.
Yeah, I got to my Wal-Mart at 11:20 and the DVDs were already being picked bare.

And as some other people mentioned, I didn't see many of the titles from the ad at all. Good thing I'm picking up some of them off Amazon.

Couldn't find ANY of the sale games, though. (Well, I found the PS2 display, but none of the others.)

Still, managed to come out of there with 27 movies and tv shows. Was tempted to get Family Guy season 1-6...and then put them back. Couldn't bare to pay $12 for them when they'll probably be $10 later. >_>
Old 11-26-10, 01:25 AM

bestbuy does not price match ads tomorrow or saturday
What about getting a price adjustment? I bought a camera last week that Office Max has for $99 Friday and Saturday?
Old 11-26-10, 01:32 AM

Picked up The Princess Bride, Rescue Dawn, Independence Day, The Passion of the Christ, and The Wrestler for $5 each at the Cherry Hill, NJ location.

IIRC, there was much more variety in the doorbuster DVD selection--one of the $1.96 (green sticker) titles was Blade Runner: The Final Cut.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.