Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Amazon Black Friday Sales Start Monday, November 22nd

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-10, 07:20 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts
Re: Amazon Black Friday Sales Start Monday, November 22nd

got BB, TDK, Predators. Caddyshack for $8.49 and Inglourious Basterds for $12.99.
Old 11-26-10, 07:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Quake1028
I am so weak. I now own Batman Begins on DVD, HD DVD and Blu-ray .
I own it on DVD and HD DVD, as well.....but I managed to resist the urge to buy it on Blu.

Anyway, I grabbed Predators, and threw in True Blood: Season 1.
Old 11-26-10, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know this has already been stated, but I thought I would confirm the fact that there are still plenty of The Dark Night, Predators, Batman Begins, and Lost Blus. Wasn't going to get Predators, but then I saw it had a Robert Rodriguez commentary and then it became a no-brainer.
Old 11-26-10, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best Value!

Add Predators ($9.99) from Lightning Deal and Predator ($7.99), saved $6 for $11.98! Hurry!
Old 11-26-10, 07:37 AM

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

I clicked 'Place My Order' for BB and TDK and my computer suddenly froze. I was afraid to restart it because I might lose the claim. When the damn thing came back on, I saw that the order did not go through. Anyway, it was about 40 mins. into the deal before I finally was successful. Strangely, they were showing just about the same amount claimed (64%) all that time later. These lightning deals are giving me a headache!
Old 11-26-10, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by GuessWho
Snatched up Batman Begins & Dark Knight in first 5 seconds
Me too! This is my kind of BF...in my pajamas, with the family around, just picking off the deals as they come.
Old 11-26-10, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by iNCREDiPiNOY
Best Value!

Add Predators ($9.99) from Lightning Deal and Predator ($7.99), saved $6 for $11.98! Hurry!
Damn, sure wish I read this before I went back to order Predators. And it's already entered the shipping process.

Ah well, I hear the transfer on Predator is DNR'd to death anyway.
Old 11-26-10, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
While this is not a bluray related observation, i cant believe that that the FOOL screen dvd of Telladega nights has more claimed than the widescreen version.
I could see something like that a few years ago, but not now days with so many widescreen tvs out there in peoples homes. I am guessing average consumers buying this deal just arent paying attention to which version they are getting.
Each version of the movie had a different commentary to go with them if I remember correctly.

One where the cast was in character, and one where they were not.
Old 11-26-10, 07:51 AM

Had Dark Knight blu in my cart (along with some other items).... but weird things happened.... first, i got a message asking if I wanted to apply my $83.xx in credit for this order... but to my knowledge i didn't have any credit... so i navigated over to the "your account" page to check my credit.. had to sign in with a password.... and of course it shows i have zero credit/gift cards/etc (which is what i thought)... so i navigate back to my shopping cart.... still have like 3 or 4 minutes left to complete the deal..... so then i proceed with the checkout process... and for some strange reason, it tells me that "Dark Knight cannot ship to my default address" (my default address is a PO Box)..... very strange, because i have DVDs & Blu-rays ship to my PO Box all the time, but now for some reason it complains.... so I have to go back and change my shipping address..... and of course by the time I type in my street address and go back to checkout, my time has expired and Dark Knight is now back to regular price..... so i remove it from my cart and go back to the lightning deals page... and of course now it is 100% claimed......ARGH!!!! So even though I got up early for this deal, I still missed out on it! .... sigh....
Old 11-26-10, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Dark Knight is NOT 100% claimed.
Old 11-26-10, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Last year was the first year I did the lightning deals, and I had some confusion about how they worked with regard to the amount left. They only allow one copy per account at the discounted price, so once it's in your cart it comes up claimed and grayed out. Doesn't mean that all the deal stock is gone. Logging into another count will show that stock is still left, as a few people have observed.

The 4:30 PST deals are still available for anyone who wants. Predators seems to be moving the fastest so if you are interested in that, move quickly (75% claimed as of now).
Old 11-26-10, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by moonraker
Had Dark Knight blu in my cart (along with some other items).... but weird things happened.... first, i got a message asking if I wanted to apply my $83.xx in credit for this order... but to my knowledge i didn't have any credit... so i navigated over to the "your account" page to check my credit.. had to sign in with a password.... and of course it shows i have zero credit/gift cards/etc (which is what i thought)... so i navigate back to my shopping cart.... still have like 3 or 4 minutes left to complete the deal..... so then i proceed with the checkout process... and for some strange reason, it tells me that "Dark Knight cannot ship to my default address" (my default address is a PO Box)..... very strange, because i have DVDs & Blu-rays ship to my PO Box all the time, but now for some reason it complains.... so I have to go back and change my shipping address..... and of course by the time I type in my street address and go back to checkout, my time has expired and Dark Knight is now back to regular price..... so i remove it from my cart and go back to the lightning deals page... and of course now it is 100% claimed......ARGH!!!! So even though I got up early for this deal, I still missed out on it! .... sigh....
I only see 32% claimed. There's a really weird glitch in Amazon's system where you can use the same email address but different passwords and they will be considered different accounts, so make sure you have the correct combination of email and password.
Old 11-26-10, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by joe_b
Damn, sure wish I read this before I went back to order Predators. And it's already entered the shipping process.

Ah well, I hear the transfer on Predator is DNR'd to death anyway.
I believe this is for the older version, not the Ult. Hunter Ed.
Old 11-26-10, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Quake1028
Dark Knight is NOT 100% claimed.
It shows "claimed" for me, with no option to add to cart. Very strange that you see something different.
Old 11-26-10, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by sandman007
I only see 32% claimed. There's a really weird glitch in Amazon's system where you can use the same email address but different passwords and they will be considered different accounts, so make sure you have the correct combination of email and password.
Very strange, because when I go there it says "claimed" with no option to add to my cart.
Old 11-26-10, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Superdaddy
Last year was the first year I did the lightning deals, and I had some confusion about how they worked with regard to the amount left. They only allow one copy per account at the discounted price, so once it's in your cart it comes up claimed and grayed out. Doesn't mean that all the deal stock is gone. Logging into another count will show that stock is still left, as a few people have observed.

The 4:30 PST deals are still available for anyone who wants. Predators seems to be moving the fastest so if you are interested in that, move quickly (75% claimed as of now).

Yep, that must be it.... it shows "claimed" for me and is grayed out..... i guess this is because I had it in my cart originally... but then deleted it when the timer expired..... argh
Old 11-26-10, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by darkdaze73
I believe this is for the older version, not the Ult. Hunter Ed.
For some reason, I thought it was the new edition that had the biggest problems.

Did the Ultimate Hunter Edition qualify for the $6 off deal? I wonder if you could order it separately and then politely ask Amazon to credit you $6 anyway. Nah, that wouldn't work... grasping at straws.
Old 11-26-10, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The new version IS the crap version.

But I guess it depends on how you want your older movies to look. Either you eliminate the grain and make everyone look like nesting dolls or you leave the grain and enjoy the movie as it was.

I'd rather have grain than DNR scrubbing any day.

In for Predators and Predator for $11.98. Thanks for the post.
Old 11-26-10, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was surprised that they were still available but I picked up the three lightning BDs a couple of minutes ago. This late in the deal the website worked without a glitch.

Dark Knight $4.99
Batman Begins $4.99
Predators $9.99
Old 11-26-10, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by moonraker
Yep, that must be it.... it shows "claimed" for me and is grayed out..... i guess this is because I had it in my cart originally... but then deleted it when the timer expired..... argh
Do you have another account, or can you make one? You can still snag the deal with another account.
Old 11-26-10, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Snagged God of War Collection and Halo: Reach. Other than NBA Jam later possibly, I'm done.
Old 11-26-10, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2019 TOTY Winner

Received 160 Likes on 122 Posts

just The Hurt Locker, Saving Private Ryan to go and I'm done
assuming of course they don't have some unannounced deals
Old 11-26-10, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Predators sold out and now waitlisted.
Old 11-26-10, 08:39 AM

I actually bought twice of Predator + Predators from 2 different accounts.
Old 11-26-10, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2019 TOTY Winner

Received 160 Likes on 122 Posts

1st season of The Sopranos is 26.99

I'm tempted but I think I'll wait for HBO to release the whole series in a box set rather than buy each season

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.