Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Amazon Black Friday Sales Start Monday, November 22nd

Apocalypse Now 2-Disc - $18.99
Old 12-06-10, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Let The Right One In - $8.99

I've been waiting patiently for a < $10 price for this.
Old 12-06-10, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by illennium
Let The Right One In - $8.99

I've been waiting patiently for a < $10 price for this.
All the stock of the bungled subtitled versions should be cleared out by now, hopefully. If I didn't already have the Momentum release from the UK, I'd be all over that.
Old 12-06-10, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Inception finally appeared in my gold box. I gambled, and it paid off. $17.09--SOLD!
Old 12-06-10, 08:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zekeburger1979
$18.49.

I'm tempted to e-mail Amazon and see if I can get a refund for $4.50 since I ordered it just last week. I'm sure I'll get the standard "prices fluctuate, blah blah blah" response.
If the item has not made it to you yet. I would and I have gotten the money back. Only you may have to say I will just refuse the item (if its by itself this works). If you have someone in India your SOL. Order a new one, Refuse it, and they will refund the sent back on. If you get someone in the US they will give you the money back.

On the 1st part of my post. I see it like this. I have not gotten it yet. You lower the price or told me you lower the price and I want the lower one. They have called me on it twice this year. Twice I have done this. Good or bad I have saved over $30 on two blu-ray sets (BOB, Dirty Harry set).
Old 12-06-10, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Brent L
How much was s2 last week?

Others have dropped as well - Master & Commander = $6.99, Marley & Me, District 9, Role Models, and Heat = $8.99.
Breaking Bad S1 and S2 BDs were both $18.49 each last week. I had already ordered both from DD back in October for $35.52 total. Figuring DD would never ship anything, I bought S1 at BB for $14.99 + tax and ordered S2 from Amazon for $18.49. Then I called DD to try to cancel the orders just in case, gave up after 30 minutes, went to work, came home and had shipping emails for both of those from DD and Amazon. That was the first sign of life from DD in months and I love the timing of it.

While it's easy to return the BB one to the store and I already have to return stuff to Amazon, I don't know if it's worth the hassle/pain of trying to return to DD for $3-something. If I refused shipment, who knows if I'd ever get credit and if I mail it back the minimum shipping cost for media mail is $2.38. I'm tempted just to eat it like I ate $10 each on the Mad Men seasons.

And regarding District 9 @ $8.99, how bad is the shaky handheld camerawork? Is it enough to nauseate someone who is sensitive or is it intermittent and brief (i.e. not lengthy segments of the movie)? I probably can't take more than 5-10 minutes at a time without a break.
Old 12-06-10, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Manzana

And regarding District 9 @ $8.99, how bad is the shaky handheld camerawork? Is it enough to nauseate someone who is sensitive or is it intermittent and brief (i.e. not lengthy segments of the movie)? I probably can't take more than 5-10 minutes at a time without a break.
YMMV of course, but I didn't find it difficult to take- in fact I didn't even remember there was shaky cam work in it (saw it a year ago this time).
I can't stand stuff like the Greengrass Bourne sequels, but that's shaky cam + micro second editing. IIRC, the takes they use in District 9 are much longer, and the camera movement less manic which makes it much easier to digest.

Good movie too.
Old 12-06-10, 09:55 AM

If this is now the Amazon deal thread, please have it renamed accordingly. This is obviously no longer a Black Friday thread.
Old 12-06-10, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jediturtle
If this is now the Amazon deal thread, please have it renamed accordingly. This is obviously no longer a Black Friday thread.
I think we should keep it like this till Christmas.
Old 12-06-10, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Originally Posted by Jediturtle
You're taking this far, far, far too seriously. I'll split off the current discussion into a new thread, though.