DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Amazon Black Friday Sales Start Monday, November 22nd (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/581900-amazon-black-friday-sales-start-monday-november-22nd.html)

lizard 12-02-10 10:54 AM

New lows:

Explicit Ills $9.99

Miracle $10.49

Guadalcanal - The Island of Death! $10.99

House of Fury $12.99

All the King's Men $14.99

Despicable Me (Three-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy) $21.99

Death Race 2 $26.99

Spunkymonkey 12-02-10 01:14 PM

Re: Amazon Black Friday Sales Start Monday, November 22nd

Got Close Encounters of the Third Kind for $8.99. Never seen the movie but I like sci-fi stuff, so hopefully I will like it. Read good reviews on the special features and PQ and it seems like it will be the ultimate edition of the movie for a long time so I figured I can't go wrong.

drq2 12-02-10 02:51 PM

Hmmm Amazon Canceled my Battlestar Set. No one can till me why. Not sad but not happy.

bse 12-02-10 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by drq2 (Post 10523450)
Hmmm Amazon Canceled my Battlestar Set. No one can till me why. Not sad but not happy.

tis the season to cancel orders.

DthRdrX 12-02-10 03:39 PM

Contact them. I usually get next to no response via Best Buy or Barnes and Noble, but Amazon is good with stuff like this.

DVDMagic 12-02-10 05:39 PM

You can pick up both 'Despicable Me' 3 disc set and 'Coraline' for $26.48. They have a special that saves you $7 when combining the two.

drq2 12-02-10 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by DthRdrX (Post 10523536)
Contact them. I usually get next to no response via Best Buy or Barnes and Noble, but Amazon is good with stuff like this.

Most of the time, this is only the 2nd time in over 10 years this has happen. They could not fix the problem. Being it was discounted so much. They gave me a GC because of it. In the end I did not get it but got Despicable Me & Superman Season 3 free.

Indy Jones Fan 12-02-10 07:48 PM

Lizard,

thanks for keeping this thread updated! :thumbsup:

Manzana 12-02-10 11:03 PM

I've only had Amazon cancel orders that were price mistakes, and I hadn't heard that the BSG set was an error, so it's very mysterious. I assume the deal is over and you can't order again now (I'm too lazy to check)?

On another Amazon subject, since this appears to be THE Amazon thread, I have a question about returns (having returned very few things to them). I know if you're returning 1 order, you normally select the item(s) you want to return and get a RMA # and ship it back. HOWEVER, if you're returning several items spread across several orders, will Amazon allow you to put everything in 1 box or do they insist on mailing them 1 box per order with a different RMA # on each? That would make me very unhappy as it would cost me a lot more postage.

Has anyone ever returned items for more than 1 order in 1 box?

sotra 12-02-10 11:13 PM

^ I have emailed them in the past and gotten a link to one RMA# printout for severap items from separate orders, but I suggest calling or emailing since they don't have this option on their site AFAIK.

Manzana 12-02-10 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by sotra (Post 10524369)
^ I have emailed them in the past and gotten a link to one RMA# printout for severap items from separate orders, but I suggest calling or emailing since they don't have this option on their site AFAIK.

Thanks. I'm glad to hear that it can be done. I wouldn't have guessed that calling them to get 1 RMA for multiple orders was the way to do it. I'll be calling Amazon in January to do this.

My list of returns keeps growing as DeepDiscount just shipped another item I just ordered from Amazon. It seems like DeepDiscount has finally awakened from its deep slumber. Now if only they'd start to send me the items I REALLY want instead of just things I recently bought from other places, that would be cool.

Corihor1 12-03-10 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Manzana (Post 10524334)
I've only had Amazon cancel orders that were price mistakes, and I hadn't heard that the BSG set was an error, so it's very mysterious. I assume the deal is over and you can't order again now (I'm too lazy to check)?

On another Amazon subject, since this appears to be THE Amazon thread, I have a question about returns (having returned very few things to them). I know if you're returning 1 order, you normally select the item(s) you want to return and get a RMA # and ship it back. HOWEVER, if you're returning several items spread across several orders, will Amazon allow you to put everything in 1 box or do they insist on mailing them 1 box per order with a different RMA # on each? That would make me very unhappy as it would cost me a lot more postage.

Has anyone ever returned items for more than 1 order in 1 box?

Let me offer a word of warning on trying to do this. I did the same last year, multiple returns/same box, and I would swear that they had monkeys doing the returns. I had to contact CS on half the stuff I sent in. Correct quantities weren't returned, 2 items I returned initially only gave me a 50% refund, 4 of the items I didn't see a refund on for a month after they had been received.

I'd never had any problem before with returns, but only this batch of multiples from last Christmas.

xfilekr 12-03-10 07:09 AM

Thanks for posting the Despicable Me/Coraline deal DVD Magic!

drq2 12-03-10 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Corihor1 (Post 10524614)
Let me offer a word of warning on trying to do this. I did the same last year, multiple returns/same box, and I would swear that they had monkeys doing the returns. I had to contact CS on half the stuff I sent in. Correct quantities weren't returned, 2 items I returned initially only gave me a 50% refund, 4 of the items I didn't see a refund on for a month after they had been received.

I'd never had any problem before with returns, but only this batch of multiples from last Christmas.

Your best off to return one item at a time in the box it came in if you can. This way they get the tracking on the outside of the box and the tracking on the inside of the box. Nothing said bad returns like returning 3 items and the person only scans one tracking number (by your luck it will the the lower cost item).

lizard 12-03-10 10:44 AM

New lows:

The Fifth Element (Remastered) $9.99
The Da Vinci Code (Two-Disc Extended Cut + BD Live) $9.99

Look for a Star $12.49

South Pacific $12.99

Monsters vs Aliens (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo) $18.99

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind $24.99

Secretariat (Two-Disc Diamond Edition Blu-ray/DVD Combo) (Pre-order) $27.99

Space: 1999: The Complete Season One $63.99 [Not all new low prices are bargains.]

Panasonic TY-EW3D2MMK2 Ultimate 3D Starter Kit (Avatar 3D + 2 Rechargeable Glasses) $382.43
Spoiler:
[Yes, I intend this as a joke, I realize that is rather a lot to pay to get Avatar 3D. It will be cheaper a few months hence.]

NoirFan 12-03-10 11:37 AM

South Pacific dropped another dollar, to $12.99. At that price, it's really a no-brainer for anyone who enjoys musicals, and the transfer is just gorgeous.

DirkBelig 12-03-10 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by lizard (Post 10524910)

Yeep! I bought that for $10 at Beast Buy on BF LAST YEAR!

lizard 12-03-10 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by NoirFan (Post 10525033)
South Pacific dropped another dollar, to $12.99. At that price, it's really a no-brainer for anyone who enjoys musicals, and the transfer is just gorgeous.

Thanks, added.

Originally Posted by DirkBelig (Post 10525049)
Yeep! I bought that for $10 at Beast Buy on BF LAST YEAR!

Yes, I don't think people realize what a fluke that $10 BF price was last year for a new release.

The current price of Monsters vs. Aliens makes the $17.99 price last week for How to Train Your Dragon look not too bad and the Newegg promotion for $14.99 look pretty good. Will HTTYD hit $10 by this time next year? Perhaps, but not necessarily.

[Watch it hit $10 next week just to prove me wrong!]

mattysemo247 12-03-10 12:51 PM

I'm pretty sure the BB deal last year was on the 1 disc blu ray version only because I bought that as well. At the time, Target had an exclusive that included the DVD. After that they started bundling the DVD w/ the blu ray everywhere else.

Brent L 12-03-10 04:37 PM

Amazon has matched the Target price of $17.99 for the Inception combo pack.

drq2 12-03-10 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Brent L (Post 10525524)
Amazon has matched the Target price of $17.99 for the Inception combo pack.

Thanks for the heads up, why there I seen that also matched Shrek Forever After. In for both with Amazon GC $21.46

kenbenobi 12-03-10 07:45 PM

Couldnt resist the new $8.99 price for Human Centipede. I figure I'll watch it once, then sell it if I don't like it...

iNCREDiPiNOY 12-03-10 07:54 PM

my target has 2 copies of lotr trilogy. i'm gonna contact target to get the reference case # to honor $7.99 from black friday.

Moopher 12-03-10 07:59 PM

Good thing this is the Lord of the Rings thread...oh wait, well at least its the Target thread...damn, looks like you're out of luck!

iNCREDiPiNOY 12-03-10 08:17 PM

oops my bad