Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Amazon Black Friday Sales Start Monday, November 22nd

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Amazon Black Friday Sales Start Monday, November 22nd

Old 11-19-10, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Amazon Black Friday Sales Start Monday, November 22nd

As far as the lightning deals go, not much for me. Looking at perhaps Predators, BTTF if it is $30, and for certain guessing they are going to match/beat the $10 price of BB for Saving Private Ryan.

Just remember everyone this is just the lightning deals. On the page that is linked with these deals it states "For all-week special savings of up to 70%, shop our Black Friday Store starting November 22." If it is anything like last year there were lots of great prices to be had on Blu's this way as well. But for sure the lightning deals this year are nowhere as good as last year.
Old 11-19-10, 01:11 AM

I updated the first post with the following screen shots...

Amazon has listed Monday’s deal prices already and will reveal new prices every day at 12 a.m. Pacific time.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000452571

Last edited by BlockbusterDude; 11-20-10 at 09:00 AM.
Old 11-19-10, 02:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

How easy is it placing orders on amazon durring these sales. Does amazons site get so many hits that it slows down the orders making it hard to get in on the deals?

I am usually a person who enjoys camping out for deals at bestbuy, but unless they give us some great deals when they finally post their secrect doorbusters online sunday, I will probably just see about gettin stuff on amazon this year.
Old 11-19-10, 03:04 AM

Ugh nothing for me but seriously contemplating getting seasons 1 to 3 of Mad Men on bluray. That's an awesome deal. Hopefully I can find time at work to do this. Anyone think those will sell out fast?

Oh and are there pictures of the video game deals going on? I'm really interested in seeing what's going on there and so disappointed no Road to Perdition, Se7en or Scott Pilgrim deals.
Old 11-19-10, 03:12 AM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours View Post
How easy is it placing orders on amazon durring these sales. Does amazons site get so many hits that it slows down the orders making it hard to get in on the deals?
The problem is the best deals last year were lighting deals with limited quantity. The supplies on the best stuff last year like the james Bond set ran out in minutes or less. The start time was sometimes at 4 am pacific time.
Old 11-19-10, 05:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Looks like a pretty skimpy selection of blus, no?

I might consider getting the Lost set on blu if it's under $100, and if I can sell off my seasons 1-6 and cut even further into the cost.

Likewise, I might also get The Prisoner if it's cheap enough, I almost got it from DD a few weeks ago when it was on sale for $30, but I have the standard DVDs and those seem good enough even though it's the old box with ten regular sized cases.

Ahh... decisions, decisions...
Old 11-19-10, 05:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

not sure why people are complaining about the lack of deals, these are just the lightning deals. i'm positive there will be pleanty of price drops all week long.
Old 11-19-10, 05:26 AM

Spartacus and probably Back to the Future Trilogy. Hoping they'll update and add more blus.
Old 11-19-10, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Remember Amazon last year was matching most B&M's with their door buster prices so this may be why their planned list is not extensive.
Old 11-19-10, 07:09 AM

The link to amazon isn't working for me. Got another one? I wanna see what they will have besides dvds
Old 11-19-10, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
Yeah. There are several movies I would've bought on Blu-ray, but they're only dishing out the DVD releases of those. Oh well.
I don't know, something seems fishy about the titles they've picked. Are they really only going to be offering the DVDs of The Lord of the Rings and Bourne movies, when the other retailers will be cutting the price on the individual Blu-rays? Something tells me that the titles they've listed might be offered in both DVD and Blu-ray deals. I could be wrong, of course.
Old 11-19-10, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks for all the screen shots. The Prisoner will be mine if the Blu-ray goes on sale.
Old 11-19-10, 07:28 AM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by joe_b View Post
I'm thinking of signing up for an Amazon Prime trial for the BF sales, but I need to be sure I understand the terms. You can immediately choose to not enroll in the program right after you sign up and still continue to use the free trial for the remainder of the 30 days, correct? Has anyone mistakenly been charged $79 after the first month even after they opted not to enroll? I seem to recall that happening to some people, but hopefully it's not common.
there is a link I posted about a page or so back for a 3 month Amazon Prime trial called 'Amazon Mom'. Ignore the title, its a 3 month Prime deal that is NOT auto-renewed.

Well, whaddya waiting for....go sign up!
Old 11-19-10, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DVDMagic View Post
there is a link I posted about a page or so back for a 3 month Amazon Prime trial called 'Amazon Mom'. Ignore the title, its a 3 month Prime deal that is NOT auto-renewed.

Well, whaddya waiting for....go sign up!
I set mine up to not auto-renew, and it did anyway. By the time I realized it had it was too late to complain. I'd pay VERY close attention to your "trial" period....
Old 11-19-10, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

A few of the Monday prices gave me a stiffy until I realize they weren't all BD's... I wish they listed the prices for every day... I have a feeling they will put Mad Men up at 9.99 even if they don't reach 50,000 fans. They have nothing else listed in that time slot, so why not just do it and please however man fans they do get?
Old 11-19-10, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by rfduncan View Post
I set mine up to not auto-renew, and it did anyway. By the time I realized it had it was too late to complain. I'd pay VERY close attention to your "trial" period....
It's not a "trial." You can keep adding months beyond the first three if you buy a certain amount of specific products. Also , the terms say you will never be charged for anything even if the 3 months lapse and you don't make a single purchase.
Old 11-19-10, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by rfduncan View Post
Was this concerning the "Amazon Mom" program? The FAQ states that it is a free membership. Basically, you'll receive 3 months of free Prime shipping that can be extended up to a year if you buy $25 worth of baby items each month. If you don't meet the requirements, the free Prime expires after 90 days and you are not charged anything. So it seems there wouldn't be any renewal to opt out of by going this route

If you were referring to being charged after a regular Prime trial, I would have contacted Amazon immediately. I mean, if you opted out before the trial was over then you followed the terms and they had no right to charge you. If that is the case, then how can it be too late to complain? I'd be asking for a refund, pronto.
Old 11-19-10, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by joe_b View Post
Was this concerning the "Amazon Mom" program? The FAQ states that it is a free membership. Basically, you'll receive 3 months of free Prime shipping that can be extended up to a year if you buy $25 worth of baby items each month. If you don't meet the requirements, the free Prime expires after 90 days and you are not charged anything. So it seems there wouldn't be any renewal to opt out of by going this route

If you were referring to being charged after a regular Prime trial, I would have contacted Amazon immediately. I mean, if you opted out before the trial was over then you followed the terms and they had no right to charge you. If that is the case, then how can it be too late to complain? I'd be asking for a refund, pronto.
I know this is off topic, but I am a a single father. An yes I was turn down for this being I am a guy. I do have prime and I do buy for my daughter still. Then again I go to school all the time but do not have a @edu address and I still do not get it. I have given it some thought of starting a class action lawsuit over both of this issues.
Old 11-19-10, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wasn't the same program. I started it around this time last year for a 3 month trial. I said "do not renew" right after I signed up. It continued long after it should have expired. I didn't realize it was supposed to be over until long after the 3 months had passed and was shopping frequently there.

And I can't ask for a refund because I was using Prime for a long while before I realized what had happened. I just thought they'd forgotten to end it when they'd actually charged me $80.

I'm not saying this is different - I'm just saying keep your eye on the calendar and the billing on your account! All I'm saying.
Old 11-19-10, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours View Post

I am usually a person who enjoys camping out for deals at bestbuy, but unless they give us some great deals when they finally post their secrect doorbusters online sunday, I will probably just see about gettin stuff on amazon this year.
My experience last year on Amazon was that the site definitely slowed down noticeably, but I was still able to get in on all of the Lightning Deals I wanted, though some of them sold out in about 10 seconds and I didn't think I was going to get them.

I'll say that this year's selection doesn't look too exciting. Very few Blu-Rays and most of them are ones I already have. I'd certainly pick up BTTF Trilogy and Shutter Island BDs and maybe the latest Simpsons if they are cheap enough. [CYNIC MODE ON]Since I already have all of Lost, The Prisoner, and seasons 1-3 of Mad Men on BD, I expect those to have killer prices that'll almost make me cry (since I violated my <= $15 rule and paid $19 each for S2 and S3 of Mad Men because I ended up liking the series but I'm still in S1 I expect they will be $9.99 each).[CYNIC MODE OFF] It seems they like to run Smallville, Simpsons, Friends, and Hotel for Dogs each year, IIRC.

Well, I'm glad to have some idea of the titles now, and thanks for the screenshots given that the link didn't work for me when I just tried it. I know I won't be buying anything on Monday (the 2 best deals... Prince of Persia BD for $10 and Live Free or Die Hard BD for $5 I already bought).
Old 11-19-10, 09:49 AM

Does the Alien Anthology Deal of the Week mean it's going to be available at that price all week long? Should I assume that goes on sale right when their sale starts? The only "Hot Savings" title listed in the calendar is the HP set.
Old 11-19-10, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull View Post
not sure why people are complaining about the lack of deals, these are just the lightning deals. i'm positive there will be pleanty of price drops all week long.
Agreed....the lightning deals were at times amazing but I found tons of things last year just checking the different price tabs...a lot of the things they were dropping under the $9.99/$14.99 sections had not seen those pricepoints before then (though they basically became the new pp for many of those titles going forward).

Hell, more than once they dropped the same price 2-3 times in a row by a buck or two.
Old 11-19-10, 10:44 AM

Yeah, I remember picking up a few nice deals that weren't lightning deals last year.

As far as this year's announced deals, I'll definitely pick up Mad Men seasons 1-3 on BD if they run that deal and if they match whichever B&M store is selling SPR BD for 9.99 I'll make sure to get that as well. There's a few other titles I'm mildly interested in and might pick up if the prices are low enough. Disappointed, but not surprised, there's no deals on The Pacific BD or The Complete Larry Sanders Show.
Old 11-19-10, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Let's see what the Lost price ends up being.
Old 11-19-10, 11:17 AM
Mao

Originally Posted by quid squid View Post
Does the Alien Anthology Deal of the Week mean it's going to be available at that price all week long? Should I assume that goes on sale right when their sale starts? The only "Hot Savings" title listed in the calendar is the HP set.
Where is this Alien Anthology DOTW of which you speak? I'm lost!!!

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.