DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Amazon Black Friday Sales Start Monday, November 22nd (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/581900-amazon-black-friday-sales-start-monday-november-22nd.html)

iNCREDiPiNOY 11-27-10 10:50 PM

Re: Amazon Black Friday Sales Start Monday, November 22nd

Too bad I have job interview on Monday morning, gah!!!

glassdragon 11-27-10 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by mattyp4 (Post 10514554)
I feel the same way regarding Road To Perdition. I know it's only been out on Blu-ray for a few months, but it's a catalog title & it hasn't dipped below $20.99 yet. (Meanwhile, there have been brand new releases selling for $8-10 this week!)

Yeah, I refuse to pay that much for a new release, much less a catalog title. That is why I finally got The Day After Tomorrow, ID-4, And the first two mummy's. I love all 4, but not 14 dollars love they have been at.

Heat 11-27-10 11:18 PM

I just ended up with Mad Men - Seasons 1, 2, and 3 Blu Ray for $9.99 each. It's still at that price.

I would have bought The Prisoner (a lightning deal), but I lost track of when the deal was plus I didn't know how much it would be. $20. Oh well, I guess I'll wait a month or so and look for it on eBay.

beebs 11-27-10 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by mattyp4 (Post 10514554)
I feel the same way regarding Road To Perdition. I know it's only been out on Blu-ray for a few months, but it's a catalog title & it hasn't dipped below $20.99 yet. (Meanwhile, there have been brand new releases selling for $8-10 this week!)

I picked up Road to Perdition with a Ultimate Electronics B1G1 coupon plus stacked a $20 off $100 on the same order. So I paid $9.20 for this one. Or $18.40 for this and American Beauty which it was paired with. Deal is up for five free with one coupon.

If you have a Ultimate nearby, they've been giving out coupons for a few weeks now and should still have them... and for most places the deal goes live on Monday.

Mao 11-28-10 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by beebs (Post 10514930)
I picked up Road to Perdition with a Ultimate Electronics B1G1 coupon plus stacked a $20 off $100 on the same order. So I paid $9.20 for this one. Or $18.40 for this and American Beauty which it was paired with. Deal is up for five free with one coupon.

If you have a Ultimate nearby, they've been giving out coupons for a few weeks now and should still have them... and for most places the deal goes live on Monday.

Sorry to get off topic here, but how did you get to use your coupon already? I didn't know anything about up to five free....

kenbenobi 11-28-10 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by beebs (Post 10514930)

Not at my store, unfortunately. I even asked about it, after reading about it here, but they aren't doing the B1G1F coupon again. They did it during the grand opening back in September, but not now...
I'm just glad Amazon pricematched UE on those Mad Men sets, since UE was sold out. Amazon came through once again!

bse 11-28-10 02:02 AM

Back to the Future will be $24.99 and Home Alone Collection $14.99

Superdaddy 11-28-10 02:02 AM

Monday deal prices are up. Some that people are probably most curious about:

Home Alone Coll.: $14.99
BTTF Trilogy: $24.99
Shutter Island: $12.99
Hannibal Lecter Trilogy: $17.99

kenbenobi 11-28-10 02:03 AM

Tons of prices just went UP. Superbad up to 9.49, she's out of my league $12.99, karate kid remake $11.99. And those were the only 3 in my cart. I bet a LOT of prices went up now that the week is officially over...

bluetoast 11-28-10 02:04 AM

Where are the prices listed?

kenbenobi 11-28-10 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by Superdaddy (Post 10515043)
Monday deal prices are up. Some that people are probably most curious about:

I really hoped for a better price on Shutter Island. The other prices you listed seem to be pretty decent though...

Superdaddy 11-28-10 02:07 AM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi (Post 10515044)
Tons of prices just went UP. Superbad up to 9.49, she's out of my league $12.99, karate kid remake $11.99. And those were the only 3 in my cart. I bet a LOT of prices went up now that the week is officially over...

Something exciting is in the air...Cyber Monday deals! New higher prices!

kenbenobi 11-28-10 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by bluetoast (Post 10515045)
Where are the prices listed?

Here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...71&tag=dvdtalk

kenbenobi 11-28-10 02:10 AM

Adding other Monday BD's to the list:

Alice Miniseries: $7.99
Dollhouse S1: $9.99
Stargate 15th Anniversary: $8.49
Batman Under the Red Hood: $7.99

bluetoast 11-28-10 02:10 AM

Thanks kenbenobi.

beebs 11-28-10 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by Mao (Post 10515011)
Sorry to get off topic here, but how did you get to use your coupon already? I didn't know anything about up to five free....

My store is brand new so I think they were doing it as part of the grand opening. Regardless, the coupon goes live tomorrow if you have one. Perfect chance to get those titles that don't go on sale often or are new at a reasonable price.

In the past, stuff like the Barnes and Noble B2G1F stacked with a coupon was another chance to score some of those titles as well. Make your own sale.

kenbenobi 11-28-10 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by bluetoast (Post 10515053)
Thanks kenbenobi.

YW!

I can't decide if I want the Hannibal Lector trilogy or not. I really wish Red Dragon was included. Manhunter is completely barebones, which is a bummer. But I guess I can't be picky for 6 bucks each...

bluetoast 11-28-10 02:20 AM

The only things I want are Home Alone Collection (too bad they didn't actually...do anything for part 2) and BTTF. Hopefully should get in on those without any problems.

Kal Varnsen 11-28-10 02:21 AM

I would of picked up Shutter Island for $10, but not $13. I'm disappointed in that price.

GenPion 11-28-10 02:29 AM

AWESOME price on Back to the Future! Finally! And the Home Alone films and Dollhouse set are well priced for those who don't own them.

I was hoping for $8 or less on Shutter Island so that will have to remain a definite pass for now.

AmityBoatTours 11-28-10 02:29 AM

Ive been waiting for a great price on the hannibal collection, and 17.99 is awesome
will also be picking up the home alone collection. just have to set my alarm to be up 5 mins before 4:40am on monday for the home alone set, order it and fall back asleep.
And i can pick up the hannibal collection on my lunch break.

LBCrazyFool 11-28-10 02:30 AM

Friday - $6.99

TerryAlexFan 11-28-10 02:48 AM

Monday's deals are somewhat disappointing minus BTTF and Home ALone. I was going to get The Clone Wars, but not 7 bucks for a DVD, I'm beyond that. And then Shutter Island for 13? Man, I thought that was a definite buy for me, but I guess not..

I really would like that Hannibal set, but I have each of the films already on DVD, but the video quality on the three on BR wasn't reviewed greatly, and that's really all I'd be upgrading for.

BTTF I'm still excited about, but it's kind of a time-conflict with me... I have an 11 AM class I have to get to, but I also have to drive back to campus Monday morning, which takes ~an hour, so I either leave late and hopefully get there on time, or pretty much miss the deal.

Home Alone I'm a little skeptical on. It's a child-hood favorite, but #2 is skimpy on extras. 15 is a bit much, and I know it's two movies, but I was hoping for 12.50 or so.

I'll probably end up getting it regardless, but man this has been a rough week for my pockets!!

DirkBelig 11-28-10 02:52 AM

Show of hands if you already bought Dollhouse for $14 and BTTF from B&N for about $30.

[raises hand]

melih69 11-28-10 03:05 AM

Perfect price for BTTF and Home Alone Collection.I am giving less then 3 min for BTTF so i gotta get on that real quick. I might also get the Hannibal set too but I already spent way over what I was planing on spending for BF. Already ordered Dollhouse for $13.99 and actually got it in the mail today. Wish I would have waited on that.