Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Amazon Black Friday Sales Start Monday, November 22nd

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-10, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Amazon Black Friday Sales Start Monday, November 22nd

I rented the first season of Mad Men a while back and couldn't get into it and gave up on it. I've been meaning to give it another chance and I can't resist it at that price. Even if I hate the show I can always sell them online and probably make a profit.
Old 11-24-10, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Cameron McGaughy
I almost fell asleep at the wheel, sitting her distracted at my computer. 10 minutes into the deal and already 81% claimed...phew, that was close! I need to just read the forum and refresh Amazon all day :-)
It sold out less than 20 minutes. I was able to get it by putting in the wait list. I am gald I got the free prime, otherwise I have to find something to get up to $25 total for the free shipping in 15 minutes.
Old 11-24-10, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by JimJ
I rented the first season of Mad Men a while back and couldn't get into it and gave up on it. I've been meaning to give it another chance and I can't resist it at that price. Even if I hate the show I can always sell them online and probably make a profit.
Season 1 can be a bit hit or miss until you figure out the groove of the series because it's pretty much like nothing else on TV. If you get hooked, though... you're hooked. And season 2-4 are amazing.
Old 11-24-10, 10:49 PM

I may have to pick up the season 2 blu-ray since I own season 1 and 3 (through the overstock glitch earlier this year). I wish they had something to really surprise us though. Anyways I'm totally down for Punky Brewster for $1.99.
Old 11-24-10, 11:01 PM

When does the Mad Men deal go live? 3am?
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Murmur
Isn't that the truth. With a 9 month old, work, sleep and trying to get some time with my wife, I seem to have limited times for movies lately...however, that has not seemed to stop the addiction of purchasing, and today is only Wednesday.
Yup, I know how this feels. I've got a 1 year-old and a five year-old and all the other time consumers you describe (although I am off from work until Tuesday, so hope to get some viewing in). Yet I never have all the time I'd like to watch my growing BD stack. And yet here I am buying MORE lol.

In case anyone hasn't checked the BF deals on the amazon Movies and TV calendar lately, a bunch of other TV seasons have been added for Friday, in the time slot that was to be occupied by Mad Men. While I'm not interested in any of these myself (Dexter, My Name is Earl, and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia), I think it's great that amazon is giving fans more discounts as the week goes on. This is turning out to be another fun and exciting BF week from them.
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by bunnydojo
Amazon really deserves some applause for how they've setup these lightning deals. It seems like, as long as you remember when a deal starts, you're going to get in on it. And the new wait list makes it even better.

The title choices could always be bigger, and the prices could always be smaller, but the thrill of the deal got me to pick up at least one title I wouldn't have purchased otherwise, so maybe they know what they're doing.
I almost missed out on Gran Torino this morning at 830am, cause all 200 plus times i kept hitting the lightning link on the gran torino page it kept saying item not found, starting with when i first clicked it at 8:30 am
luckily Though i still had a window open on my internet explorer that was on the gran torino page so i placed the order for 7.99 then called amazon explaining what happened and he looked into and then went ahead and lowerd the price for me. did anyone else that tried for gran torino right at 830am pst run into this issue where the clicking the yellow lightining box took you to a item not found page which featured several books as recomendations instead?
Old 11-24-10, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by crikey
When does the Mad Men deal go live? 3am?
Yup, I would assume 3:00 A.M. eastern. In less than three hours, all you Mad Men fans should be able to pounce! Have fun!
Old 11-24-10, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Superdaddy
Yup, I know how this feels. I've got a 1 year-old and a five year-old and all the other time consumers you describe (although I am off from work until Tuesday, so hope to get some viewing in). Yet I never have all the time I'd like to watch my growing BD stack. And yet here I am buying MORE lol.

In case anyone hasn't checked the BF deals on the amazon Movies and TV calendar lately, a bunch of other TV seasons have been added for Friday, in the time slot that was to be occupied by Mad Men. While I'm not interested in any of these myself (Dexter, My Name is Earl, and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia), I think it's great that amazon is giving fans more discounts as the week goes on. This is turning out to be another fun and exciting BF week from them.
I'd be all over Dexter if it was Blu-Rays on sale, and I'd be in for Sunny if I didn't already have them. Wish season 5 was on sale, it's the only Sunny season I don't have.
Old 11-24-10, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I'd be all over Dexter if it was Blu-Rays on sale, and I'd be in for Sunny if I didn't already have them. Wish season 5 was on sale, it's the only Sunny season I don't have.
You must get that season NOW! "The Gang Hits the Road" is one of the all-time Sunny greats!
Old 11-24-10, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by kstublen
Yeah, I think that was to be expected. Still, it would have been funny if they just didn't put it on sale.

Interesting though that the DVDs and Blu-rays are the same price. I think I'll get this on Blu-ray, finally. Seems like a good blind buy.
I knew that Amazon would have the Mad Men BDs for $9.99 each because in August I foolishly bought S2 and S3 from Best Buy (PM to Fry's) for $18.99 each. Oh how I wish Best Buy had a 90 day return policy like Target and Walmart, but now I'm in the hole $9 + tax each and haven't even opened them. I guess I deserve slaps upside the head like this for violating my strict policy of not paying over $15 for anything, and even $15 is tough. I passed on a bunch of Newegg BD and game deals @ $15 each and some Amazon $12.99 BDs I want because I just know I'll get bitten if I don't wait for more price drops.
Old 11-25-10, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wish someone was having Gossip Girl S3 cheap. I picked up the first two seasons last BF for $13 and my g/f and I have been ripping through them now and are about to be very abruptly sad if a deal can't be found. Amazon suggested it to me for $37. Uh, no.
Old 11-25-10, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Putting here because I feel it's appropriate:

The Target BF ads seem to be in effect because I just bought Big Bang Theory S3 at the $12.99 price listed. So be on the lookout for the price matching to really begin.
Old 11-25-10, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just finished Season One and it was a bit of a chore. I could easily see why some folks give up. I do plan to watch Season 2 because I can see the potential and I've heard it gets much better.
Old 11-25-10, 01:27 AM

Yeah Best Buy and Targets bf deals seem active online... lets let the real price matching begin.
Old 11-25-10, 02:03 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Well kickass just dropped to $9.99!
Old 11-25-10, 02:04 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Anyone who wants to order Mad Men S1-S3 BDs for $9.99 could do so now on Best Buy.com vs. wait for the Amazon deal, though there's no tax on Amazon and you'd probably get them faster if you get in on the lightning deal.
Old 11-25-10, 02:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Friday's lightning deal prices are up. Someone else can post in their entirety if they like. A few at random:

Angels and Demons $5
Lost Complete $124.99 BD, $99.99 DVD
Batman Begins/Dark Knight $4.99 each
Hurt Locker $9.99
Predators $9.99
SPR $9.99

I will probably try for the two Batmans. On the fence about Spartacus season one at $24.99.

EDIT: All prices for BD unless otherwise stated.

Last edited by Superdaddy; 11-25-10 at 02:14 AM.
Old 11-25-10, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Not sure if its gonna go through or not, but ordered the 6 disc LotR Trilogy for 7.99 on targets site.

Doh, didnt see the thread down a bit.
Old 11-25-10, 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by Manzana
Anyone who wants to order Mad Men S1-S3 BDs for $9.99 could do so now on Best Buy.com vs. wait for the Amazon deal, though there's no tax on Amazon and you'd probably get them faster if you get in on the lightning deal.
The Mad Men deal is live on Amazon now. It's not a lightning deal any more.

I'm in for Superbad, Batman Begins and maybe Predators on Friday.
Old 11-25-10, 02:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Superdaddy
Friday's lightning deal prices are up. Someone else can post in their entirety if they like. A few at random:

Lost Complete $124.99 BD, $99.99 DVD
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Dammit, I already own all six seasons, but I'm still tempted! I have a problem...
Old 11-25-10, 02:16 AM

I noticed that the True Blood S1 BR is $22.99, under the "Save All Day - Today's Best Deals on DVD" list. Not sure if I've ever seen it that low. Already have the DVD version but might have to upgrade at that price.
Old 11-25-10, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Picked up Mad Men Seasons 2 and 3.
Old 11-25-10, 02:17 AM

True Blood Season 1 $22.99
Old 11-25-10, 02:23 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Picked up Mad Men season 2/3 & Book of Eli.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.