Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Get A Sony Blu-ray Player For $59.99* (A $199 Value!) Disney Movie Rewards

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-10, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Get A Sony Blu-ray Player For $59.99* (A $199 Value!) Disney Movie Rewards

http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com...gwp_bd-upgrade

Buy 5 eligible Blu-ray combo packs, and unwrap a great gift for the entire family.

Enter the Magic Rewards code between 11/10/10 - 1/31/11

click on banner to unlock savings

possible good deal if you have made purchases and not redeemed the codes yet and if s&h is reasonable

props to Jst2suhweet at SD for the OP
Old 11-10-10, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Get A Sony Blu-ray Player For $59.99* (A $199 Value!) Disney Movie Rewards

Does anyone know how this works (i.e. you enter 5 codes and then a promo offer pops up?) and how much the shipping & handling is?

EDIT: Just found out it's $14.95. Pretty steep. Is this player worth $59.99 + $14.95 + tax probably?
Old 11-10-10, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I went ahead and ordered it. I'd say it's definitely worth the $75 if it is the Sony 470.
Old 11-10-10, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Links not working?
Old 11-11-10, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

$59.99 BD Player at DMR
Old 11-11-10, 02:54 AM

dang. I just entered two of those titles on Nov 8 and they must be entered after Nov 10. Oh, well. I still had 4 that I hadn't gotten around to entering yet and I've got Toy Story 3 combo on the way.
Old 11-11-10, 03:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Damn it i just entered my beauty and the beast and toystory combo packs on tuesday and with christmas carol and fantasia at the end of the month i would have been set come end of the month.
Old 11-11-10, 03:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by drak b
dang. I just entered two of those titles on Nov 8 and they must be entered after Nov 10. Oh, well. I still had 4 that I hadn't gotten around to entering yet and I've got Toy Story 3 combo on the way.
Hey i just noticed its says between 11/8/2010 and 1/31/11
so you should be good, same for me as well since i entered mine on the 9th

update wait a second there are two conflicting dates the bottom say 11/10/2010 while the in the artwork it says enter between 11/8/2010

I would say an argument could be made for the fact that it says 11/8/2010 on there and be able to get the offer.

Last edited by AmityBoatTours; 11-11-10 at 03:41 AM.
Old 11-11-10, 07:35 AM

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts

Does anyone know if you can enter codes for the same movie twice? I picked up a few extras from the TRU promos but have already entered the codes for each title once.

Also, for those of you in the Disney Movie Club, they actually have a decent deal this month. I think it was ~$42 for both A Christmas Carol and Snow Paws which both count towards this promo. I had no interest in either so I already responded and it doesnt look like I can get that price again.
Old 11-11-10, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Alright, I'm a little pissed off now. I just entered all 3 Toy Stories, Beauty and the Beast, and Bolt this past Saturday. I guess I could shoot them an e mail, but I don't see them caring.
Old 11-11-10, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by John Galt
Does anyone know if you can enter codes for the same movie twice? I picked up a few extras from the TRU promos but have already entered the codes for each title once.
I'm pretty sure (though I've never tried it) you can't enter a different code for a movie you've already entered if it's the same type as you already entered (i.e. you could enter BATB DVD and BD codes but not 2 BATB DVD codes or 2 BATB BD codes).

Also, for those of you in the Disney Movie Club, they actually have a decent deal this month. I think it was ~$42 for both A Christmas Carol and Snow Paws which both count towards this promo. I had no interest in either so I already responded and it doesnt look like I can get that price again.
I've got my DMC set on VIP so I don't have to respond. I don't remember seeing that offer. Was that combo offer with A Christmas Carol BD and Santa Paws BD the 3D Christmas Carol set or just the regular combo set?
Old 11-11-10, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

no you cant infact you need to be careful trying to enter codes from movies you allready entered, cause if you try a certain number of titles that you allready have entered they will freeze your account and you will have to call them to get it unfrozen.
Old 11-11-10, 08:11 AM

Since I have 5 codes on the list, I'm debating whether this Sony BDSS470 is worth $75 + tax. I guess it's a reasonable price, but I've already got a BD player in each room (though they are Insignia, Philips, and Sylvania brands I got for $60-$90 each last year). Of course family says to me: "You've already got 3 BD players so why do you want another one? Don't waste the money."

I'd really like to wait until I can see all of the BF ads to make sure there aren't any better BD player deals before I pull the trigger on this, but I don't trust DMR not to raise the price or shipping cost further or to cancel the promotion by saying "we ran out of our limited supply". Does anyone have an opinion whether we can trust DMR to honor this promotion through the entire time period at the current price or will they pull an Amazon and jack up the prices early if it proves too popular?
Old 11-11-10, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
no you cant infact you need to be careful trying to enter codes from movies you allready entered, cause if you try a certain number of titles that you allready have entered they will freeze your account and you will have to call them to get it unfrozen.
Are you talking about entering the exact same code more than once, or entering different codes for the same movie on the same format? I'm aware of the danger of doing the first, but you wouldn't think they'd freeze you for trying to enter a different code for the same movie. I agree trying to enter the same code twice is bad, but buying 2 of the same thing shouldn't be a deadly sin to them. IMHO they should just pop up a message saying "you are only allowed 1 code for each movie on a particular format" and not punish you for it.
Old 11-11-10, 08:20 AM

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts

Originally Posted by Manzana
I've got my DMC set on VIP so I don't have to respond. I don't remember seeing that offer. Was that combo offer with A Christmas Carol BD and Santa Paws BD the 3D Christmas Carol set or just the regular combo set?
Here's the email that I received after declining:

Thank you for responding to your Featured Title offer. This email confirms your decision to decline "Disney's A Christmas Carol & The Search For Santa Paws 2-pack". You will not be receiving this title.
Old 11-11-10, 08:23 AM

Here's the email that I received after declining:

Thank you for responding to your Featured Title offer. This email confirms your decision to decline "Disney's A Christmas Carol & The Search For Santa Paws 2-pack". You will not be receiving this title.
Thanks. So the email didn't specify if it was the 3D version. Therefore, I'll assume it was not.
Old 11-11-10, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

sent a email just now asking for clarification as to what date is accurate since the 11/8/2010 date is the most prominate date in the email and on the page.
Old 11-11-10, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

i posted this in the Hot Deals thread last night. As someone who is looking for another blu ray player and who is probably going to have 5 codes in the next month, this is sort of a no-brainer deal. If it's the Sony 470 that I get, I think it's a great deal.
Old 11-11-10, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'd really like to wait until I can see all of the BF ads to make sure there aren't any better BD player deals before I pull the trigger on this, but I don't trust DMR not to raise the price or shipping cost further or to cancel the promotion by saying "we ran out of our limited supply". Does anyone have an opinion whether we can trust DMR to honor this promotion through the entire time period at the current price or will they pull an Amazon and jack up the prices early if it proves too popular?
they may run out of their limited supplies but I would say with certainty they aren't going to jack up the price
Old 11-11-10, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just called them about what the dates listed in the ad, since it clearly says in bold letters 11/8/2010.
they are looking into and will email me back as to if those of us who entered them in between the 8th and yesterday will be able to have it applied for this offer, is what i was told. she said the marketing team is looking into and she will email me back shortly.

so hopefully this works out well for those of us who posted our codes less then 2-3 days ago since the bigger print say the 8th
Old 11-11-10, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
Hey i just noticed its says between 11/8/2010 and 1/31/11
so you should be good, same for me as well since i entered mine on the 9th

update wait a second there are two conflicting dates the bottom say 11/10/2010 while the in the artwork it says enter between 11/8/2010

I would say an argument could be made for the fact that it says 11/8/2010 on there and be able to get the offer.
As of right now, BRs entered on the 8th don't count or at least didn't count for my total. I'm just lucky that I got lazy and didn't enter all of the titles that I intended to earlier in the week. The inconsistent dates on the same page are just insult to injury for most people though.
Old 11-11-10, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have a bunch of codes I have been saving for a double points day so I might jump on this. The only problem I have is that wireless is not included with the player and I would have to purchase an external wirless card.
Old 11-11-10, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Since I have 5 codes on the list, I'm debating whether this Sony BDSS470 is worth $75 + tax.

I just ordered one. No tax, at least not in Connecticut($74.98 total).
Old 11-11-10, 11:21 AM

ugh...this is a lesson for doof's like me: Don't enter DMR codes from blu-rays right away.
Old 11-11-10, 11:38 AM

It is shitty that I've bought all of their animated releases on release day and I get screwed out of this deal. I really need a new BD player.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.