Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Save $10 off Bambi @ Amazon.com for $17.99

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-10, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Save $10 off Bambi @ Amazon.com for $17.99

My last comment on this. For the record, I pre-ordered this Bambi on Amazon.com. I'll take it for $14.99, but I hope for better. As for TRU - BATB:
$22.99
+$05.00 - TRU preorder
-$10.00 - promotional discount
-$10 coupon
------------
$7.99 - Total

Best Buy - TS3:
$24.99
-$05.00 - TRU TS3 preorder refund
-$08.00 - Coupon
---------
$11.99 - Total

B&M ftw.

Last edited by izatright; 11-15-10 at 12:00 AM.
Old 11-13-10, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by izatright
My last comment on this. For the record, I pre-ordered this Bambi on Amazon.com. I'll take it for $14.99, but I hope for better. As for TRU: BATB = $22.99 + $5 TRU preorder - $10 promotion - $10 coupon = $7.99. BB: TS3 = $24.99 - $5 (TRU preorder refund) - $10 = $9.99. B&M for the win.
again with the creative math on the BB sale. subtracting your 5 dollar pre order from tru from your bestbuy purchase doesnt make sense. getting a refund on the 5 dollars you paid for a pre order for the same title at ANOTHER STORE doesnt lower the cost of the movie, it just means you got back the 5 dollars that you paid down on it at toys r us. you paid 24.99 plus tax before the 8.00 coupon (there was no 10.00 coupon)meaning you paid 16.99 plus tax based on the 24.99 price.
Not 9.99 plus tax like you are trying pass off you did. unles you can show us a scan of your bestbuy reciept saying that you only paid 9.99

and for the record amazon had a 8.00 off coupon for toy story 3 and it was a great bargin for only 16.99 no tax

And again you missed the point of my original response, which had to do with crapping on a bargain thread, which sir is what you did.

Last edited by AmityBoatTours; 11-17-10 at 12:25 AM.
Old 11-13-10, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 741 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
Sorry but most peoples supposed bargins at tru involved creative math on their part and in a very few cases, questionable applications of coupons and refunds ( buying 2 with coupons returning one to get coupons cash value refunded back). But thats neither here nor there.
BaTB could be had for 7.99+tax release week at TRU thru perfectly legitimate applications of the $10 manufacturers coupon and the $10 Toy Story 3 pre-order.

22.99-10.00(coupon)+5.00(preorder deposit)-10.00(pre order offer)= 7.99
Old 11-14-10, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Too much bickering derailing this thread. Let's keep it on topic and update it only if something changes with the Bambi preorders. Thank you!
Old 11-14-10, 08:35 PM

again with the creative math on the BB sale. subtracting your 5 dollar pre order from tru from your bestbuy purchase doesnt make sense. getting a refund on the 5 dollars you paid for a pre order for the same title at ANOTHER STORE doesnt lower the cost of the movie, it just means you got back the 5 dollars that you paid down on it at toys r us. you paid 24.99 plus tax before the 8.00 coupon (there was no 10.00 coupon)meaning you paid 16.99 plus tax based on the 24.99 price.
Not 9.99 plus tax like you are trying pass off you did. unles you can show us a scan of your bestbuy reciept saying that you only paid 9.99

and for the record amazon had a 8.00 off coupon for toy story 3 and it was a great bargin for only 16.99 no tax

And again you missed the point of my original response, which had to do with crapping on a bargin thread, which sir is what you did.
WELL DONE and BRAVO.
Old 11-14-10, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My order got updated with the lower price without reordering, very nice. Thanks Amazon!
Old 11-14-10, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

And again you missed the point of my original response, which had to do with crapping on a bargin thread, which sir is what you did.
So he mispoke about the coupon being $10 and not $8. You fail in your part then to note that he had not subtracted then said $5 from his total on BaTB and left the cost of it at $7.99, which in the accounting world I live in he can then take it off the TS3 amount if he so chose which he did("creative math" as you want to term it). So, up to how you want to look at it Amity if he can't put the $5 on the TS3 as a discount then you have to accept the fact that most got BaTB for only $2.99+tax at TRU. Let me guess, Amazon DID NOT beat that price. And with TS3 they only matched the best possible price out there, and IF you only bought TS3 from Amazon how much would shipping cost?

And oh yeah, just because someone does not agree with you make it a threadcrap. Sure seems you want to make it out that way though.
Old 11-15-10, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Schloob1
So he mispoke about the coupon being $10 and not $8. You fail in your part then to note that he had not subtracted then said $5 from his total on BaTB and left the cost of it at $7.99, which in the accounting world I live in he can then take it off the TS3 amount if he so chose which he did("creative math" as you want to term it). So, up to how you want to look at it Amity if he can't put the $5 on the TS3 as a discount then you have to accept the fact that most got BaTB for only $2.99+tax at TRU. Let me guess, Amazon DID NOT beat that price. And with TS3 they only matched the best possible price out there, and IF you only bought TS3 from Amazon how much would shipping cost?

And oh yeah, just because someone does not agree with you make it a threadcrap. Sure seems you want to make it out that way though.
first off I said he was threadcrapping cause his first post was that this was not a bargain. To most consumers getting Bambi at 17.99 is a bargin.

secondly buying toy story 3 through amazon was 16.99 and shipping was free.

If him or anyone else thinks they can get it cheaper else where more to you but to come on a thread letting those of us users who agree this is a bargin, that he doesnt think it is would be thread crapping.

in anycase we had wrapped up the discussion between us anyways before your comment, so no need to keep it going like you are trying to do.

Last edited by AmityBoatTours; 11-17-10 at 12:26 AM.
Old 11-15-10, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

and I thought maybe there was an update to this deal.. whoops...
Old 11-15-10, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

[QUOTE=AmityBoatTours;10491035]first off I said he was threadcrapping cause his first post was that this was not a bargin. To most consumers getting Bambi at 17.99 is a bargin.

QUOTE]

That's our opinion, and we are entitled to express it. Especially when we have had the success we have had on other Disney titles.

Free shipping on an order under $25
Would not be saying so because of Prime would you, last I checked that costs money unless during a free trial period, hmmm?

to everyone else expecting an update, sorry not yet
Old 11-15-10, 10:44 AM

[QUOTE=Schloob1;10491335]
first off I said he was threadcrapping cause his first post was that this was not a bargin. To most consumers getting Bambi at 17.99 is a bargin.

QUOTE]

That's our opinion, and we are entitled to express it. Especially when we have had the success we have had on other Disney titles.

Would not be saying so because of Prime would you, last I checked that costs money unless during a free trial period, hmmm?

I got free shipping and I don't have Prime. It was $27.99 before coupons and price adjustments, therefore free shipping.
Old 11-15-10, 11:08 AM

Guys, please let it go.
Old 11-15-10, 11:09 AM

[QUOTE/]

to everyone else expecting an update, sorry not yet[/QUOTE]

Enough is enough every single time I check this thread thinking I might get some update I see someone carrying this unnecessary argument further. Yes you are entitle to express your opinions but Express it somewhere else then this is “SAVE $10 off Bambi @ Amazon.com” thread not “How I successfully ripped B&Ms and got Disney titles for next to nothing thread”. It’s a deal and you either take it or leave it you don’t come to a thread and crap on it. If you don’t know how this forum works then read the rules before you write anything next time.

Last edited by melih69; 11-16-10 at 01:28 PM.
Old 11-15-10, 01:23 PM

Thanks to the OP for posting this! I pre-ordered it for 27.99, got the free shipping, plus $10 off = 17.99. Checked my status today and it's now showing as $14.99. Great price for a great movie!!
Old 11-15-10, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

For people waiting on or expecting a killer TRU deal, just remember that the gravy train ended with Toy Story 3, which was not significantly discounted at TRU. I know several people cancelled their preorders instead of picking them up there. I know, I know, it was a new release, but 14.99 is good enough for me... amazon it is!
Old 11-15-10, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by melih69
QUOTE]

Enough is enough every single time I check this thread thinking I might get some update I see someone carrying this unnecessary argument further. Yes you are entitle to express your opinions but Express it somewhere else then this is “SAVE $10 off Bambi @ Amazon.com” thread not “How I successfully ripped B&Ms and got Disney titles for next to nothing thread”. It’s a deal and you either take it or leave it you don’t come to a thread and crap on it. If you don’t know how this forum works then read the rules before you write anything next time.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for saying that, thats what i was getting at in the first palce about people comming in here and crapping on the thread which is a great bargin.
Old 11-15-10, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

[QUOTE=Schloob1;10491335]
first off I said he was threadcrapping cause his first post was that this was not a bargin. To most consumers getting Bambi at 17.99 is a bargin.

QUOTE]

If you dont have prime then just add another title on to the order, if there isnt another blu you dont want (which would be shocking) then do what another poster on here did and add on a order of .05cent screws or something that pushes the order up that extra penny. to 25.00 before the coupon.
besides when the op first posted the price was 27.99 after the coupon 17.99
and was with free shipping even for non prime members.
now that the price has dropped to 14.99 after the coupon, free shipping still applies to those who did procastinate on placing their order.
Old 11-16-10, 06:40 AM

I didn't think that $17.99 was anywhere near a good deal on this, either, but now that it's $14.99, I might go ahead and pre-order, if I can find something to add to the order to put it over $25. But if I order it at $24.99 (plus throw in an item for a few cents to get it over $24) and the price drops to $19.99 before it ships, will it still be free shipping? I figure at this price, I can always pre-order it and cancel if it looks like there's going to be a better deal in the stores. I expect a better deal in the stores, as Disney movies have always had better deals in the store. But now that Amazon is offering a $10 coupon, it may be different.

Begin my opinion on the above argument:
Spoiler:
As for izatright's math. It may be creative, but it's correct. Though I can see the argument over getting the $10 discount then cancelling the pre-order. As for me, I got all three movies (Tinkerbell, BatB, and TS3) from TRU at a really good price (better than I could have from Amazon, even if you count them separately and not just an overall deal...yes I got a deal on TS3 at TRU, too) plus got a lot of cool free stuff I can use for Christmas gifts. But I can agree with getting the $5 refund being considered "ripping" them off. Though I considered it before I figured out some math on the deal I got. But only because I had ordered 3 copies of TS3, hoping to have some cheap gifts, but in the end only wanted 1 at the price it ended up being. But after the deals I got, I was happy and stuck with the 3 copies.
Old 11-16-10, 07:56 AM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

^ if you add something to push it over the $25 then you'll get free shipping even after the coupon is added.

However, there is a 3 month free Prime trial going on, so you might as well use that and take advantage with BF coming up as well as the holidays.
Old 11-16-10, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DVDMagic
^ if you add something to push it over the $25 then you'll get free shipping even after the coupon is added.

However, there is a 3 month free Prime trial going on, so you might as well use that and take advantage with BF coming up as well as the holidays.
DVDMagic, do you have a link in regards to getting Prime for free for 3 months? I am only getting prompted for a 1 month trial. thx in advance

my opinion to your 1st point
Spoiler:
And thx I do realize about just adding another item to get free shipping. The point being that this is in relation to just buying Bambi or any singular title by itself that would not neccesarily qualify for frre shipping just by itself, and thus to me at least in this apparent "petty" argument then is it would/should add to your total then to get said movie. That's of course at it's existing price price of course and not when it started.

Last edited by Schloob1; 11-16-10 at 09:04 AM.
Old 11-16-10, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

When I added Bambi BD when this "deal" was first alive, it qualified for free super saver shipping due to the way the discount was applied afterwards. Maybe they changed that now. I still have free Prime for another few weeks due to the Amazon Mom offer (which I assume everyone got since they don't verify if you have kids), but given that there has been some doubt whether you still get free 2-day shipping on a preorder if your Prime has expired, I chose free super saver shipping. I know that a couple people here have posted that it's still free 2-day shipping if your Prime expired, but over on SD a few people said it wasn't. I realize that DVD Talkers are generally more informed than SD'ers. :-) So I've been using free super saver shipping when possible for preorders beyond December. As much as I love Prime, there's just no way I'd pay $80 a year for it.
Old 11-16-10, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 869 Likes on 392 Posts

Good deal, I'm in for 1 @ 14.99. Thanks OP.
Old 11-16-10, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by DVDMagic

I'm not sure if you were trying to answer me or not, but I know that you can just add something to get free shipping. I wasn't asking about the coupon (which, for some reason, everyone keeps thinking I'm asking in every forum I ask). What I'm asking is this (not taking into account any coupons):

Let's say I pre-order the movie at $24.99. I add something for 5 cents and get the total to $25.04. That gives me free shipping. But what if the price of the movie drops to...say...$19.99 before it ships? Will I lose the free shipping or does it keep that available because of the price when I ordered it?

As for prime, I don't want to do it, yet. I assume that you can only do the trial once. I don't plan on making any purchases from Amazon in the near future. Even if I had any money this year for Christmas, I rarely buy from Amazon as I can usually find better deals in the store. That's not always the case, but not enough for me to get prime. The 3 month trial sounds great, but if I'm not going to use it, then it's a waste of a trial. Plus there's the debate on whether or not it would still work come March when the movie ships. Hopefully by then, I'll have a little money to pay for it
Old 11-16-10, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by obidawsn
Let's say I pre-order the movie at $24.99. I add something for 5 cents and get the total to $25.04. That gives me free shipping. But what if the price of the movie drops to...say...$19.99 before it ships? Will I lose the free shipping or does it keep that available because of the price when I ordered it?
Yes, you'll still have free shipping. Those of us who ordered it at 27.99$ still have free shipping, even though Amazon adjusted the price down.
Old 11-16-10, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What the heck is a bargin?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.