Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Fantasia $10 DMR Coupon

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-10, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: Fantasia $10 DMR Coupon

Originally Posted by bluetoast
What in the hell? This was sold out at my local Target and Best Buy. This can't be that much of a niche release.
Same here. I went to 2 targets and 1 BB, sold out at all.
Old 12-02-10, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got the last copies of both last night at my target...
Old 12-02-10, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Manzana
Fortunately I got a set for myself at Target on Tuesday around 10:30 AM (and it was the next to the last copy there), but I was tasked to find a second set as a gift. I checked the nearby Target and Walmart on Wednesday to find both were wiped out of any Fantasia or SA BDs. I then called 2 other Targets to hear the same story.

This is the first Disney release I can remember that sold out in less than a day. I don't think they ever ran out of Beauty and the Beast or Toy Story 3 in my area (at least not that I noticed). So here are my curiosity questions which I hope someone in the know can answer:

Was the demand for both of these higher than any other Disney title in history and they just didn't anticipate it? Did stores purposefully order less copies than they should because they know about the $10 off Disney coupons and are tired of dealing with so many of them? Or did Disney provide stores with far fewer copies than their previous recent releases? In other words, whose fault is this?

I had expected they'd have loads of these because I thought they'd be popular, but I'm thinking each store had very few. And lazy Walmart employees aren't even willing to check the back stock for me. Every time I ask, they won't check the computer (usually saying there's no way they can check) and they are rarely willing to go into the backstock usually give me the same BS excuse: everything we have has been put out. That may be their intention, but I know it isn't always the case. Most employees there don't even know what they sell, so asking them for help (if you can find one) is not much better than looking on your own.

I am going to say that it is because of target and TRU offering the extra 10 bucks if you buy both, combined with the coupons makes it a wonderful deal. As for wal-mart and best buy being out, that would be because of price matches. I haven't seen a day yet where 2 different disney blu's were released with an additional 10 dollar credit on the same day, with toy story it was buy one of the older ones I think and they came out way before and most people already had 1 and 2. This gives people the opportunity to own both on release day for 30 bucks less, that is a better deal then I have seen with disney before and likely why they are selling so quick. That is just what I think though.
Old 12-02-10, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by glassdragon
I am going to say that it is because of target and TRU offering the extra 10 bucks if you buy both, combined with the coupons makes it a wonderful deal. As for wal-mart and best buy being out, that would be because of price matches. I haven't seen a day yet where 2 different disney blu's were released with an additional 10 dollar credit on the same day, with toy story it was buy one of the older ones I think and they came out way before and most people already had 1 and 2. This gives people the opportunity to own both on release day for 30 bucks less, that is a better deal then I have seen with disney before and likely why they are selling so quick. That is just what I think though.
When Monsters, Inc and Up came out last year, stores offered $10 off if you buy both. Target quickly sold out quickly (I think even within hours) as there was a manufacturer's coupon on the package for $10 off if you buy both, and they were allowing the Monsters, Inc. coupon, the Up coupon, and the $10 off when you buy both coupon, plus the extra $10 off that the register was ringing up. So it was a total of $38 savings (one of the individual coupons was only $8, but I don't remember which). I checked within hours of them opening and they were already sold out. I just went to Best Buy and didn't get to use the $10 off 2 coupon.
Old 12-02-10, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

See, this is why I hate dealing with stores. First, my local Target was sold out. Then I tried Best Buy. The manager refused to take the $10 coupon, telling me it came from a "weird" web site. I tried to explain that it was a legitimate coupon from Disney themselves, and the only reason the website appeared "weird" was that you had to follow a link and download a special printer driver from Disney. He interrupted me and said "We choose which coupons we accept and which ones we don't. We're not taking the coupon." I didn't have any other options at that point, so I just bought it for $28.68. I'll write a bitchy email to corporate, and hopefully get a partial refund. I may just end up returning it, ordering another copy from Amazon, and emailing Amazon to ask them to apply the $10 coupon. The whole thing is just ridiculous. Is it any wonder people prefer shopping online? Lower prices, no sales tax, an you're not at the mercy of idiotic, minimum-wage earning high-school dropouts.
Old 12-02-10, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It looks like all of the Target stores near me restocked Fantasia today.
Old 12-02-10, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Mine did too....at least the one I frequent did. They were out 2 days ago but had it today.
Old 12-02-10, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 414 Likes on 359 Posts

Damn you guys....I had decided to skip SA...but for a total of at least $30 off for three movies....kind of a no brain decision...hugh....
Old 12-02-10, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 450 Likes on 308 Posts

I was only interested in Fanatasia. Went to Walmart and had no hassle price matching to TRU $26.99, and then the $10 coupon scanned with no problem.
Old 12-02-10, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I thought SA was a pretty damn decent movie. Not as bad as people make it out to be. For me all I really wanted was SA but for cheaper than SA regular price by itself I got both so i got them both.
Old 12-02-10, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 414 Likes on 359 Posts

I thought SA was a pretty damn decent movie. Not as bad as people make it out to be. For me all I really wanted was SA but for cheaper than SA regular price by itself I got both so i got them both.
I haven't seen SA. But wanted Fantasia. I mentioned this overall deal and wife said "oh SA was good. Would like it to"...so thus "no bran"....I'll go get both tomorrow.
Old 12-02-10, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Tried to print out the Fantasia coupon earlier this week and it would not even let me log into the site. Today I get in and it says the offer is not available. On the link at post #1, it says I have already redeemed the offer (which I haven't). Used Mozilla

Created another account, this time using IE. Same thing happened again.

Any suggestions. I contacted Disney Rewards, but I'm running out of time.

EDIT: Is there a phone #?

Last edited by That'sAllFolks; 12-02-10 at 09:39 PM.
Old 12-02-10, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You can use a different computer to try again. The strange this, this offer is not over. I printed out two coupons last night on Fantasia with no problem.
Old 12-02-10, 09:51 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

Fantasia and Sorcerer's Apprentice combo-packs for $12 total tonight at Target. I wasn't expecting it, and very YMMV obviously, but they took all the coupons, the three $10 ones and two $3 ones.
Old 12-02-10, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Trevor
Fantasia and Sorcerer's Apprentice combo-packs for $12 total tonight at Target. I wasn't expecting it, and very YMMV obviously, but they took all the coupons, the three $10 ones and two $3 ones.
Trevor, please 'splain this. I must've missed the posts about the $3 coupons.

Also, you said 3 $10 coupons. I only know of 2 $10 coupons and a $10 combo discount which is what I assume you meant by the 3rd coupon. Wait... I do vaguely remember somebody saying his Target accepted 2 $10 Fantasia coupons on Fantasia so maybe that's what you did? It wouldn't have even occurred to me to try that, especially because even though I printed 2 sets of each (the so-called "regular" and "upgrade" coupons), I sure don't remember seeing any difference between them other than the bar codes. I wouldn't even thought of trying to use 2 nearly identical coupons on 1 item. Last time I tried to PM + use a coupon, I got denied, so I consider myself lucky just to get the combo deal + 2 coupons. I wouldn't even risk trying to use 2 manufacturer's coupons on the same item.

Did you PM SA to Walmart too? Why not go for broke and get the maximum deal? :-) Anyway, please tell me about the $3 off coupons. If they are legitimate (i.e. meant to be used on these items), I could try to get an adjustment having been successful doing that the last couple times I tried. I really don't know if Target is allowed to accept 2 $10 Disney coupons on 1 item or their system is just messed up. If Disney intended the upgrade and regular coupons to be stacked, I'd sure like to know. I thought I did well at about $26 out the door, but your deal makes me feel like I did poorly.

Last edited by Manzana; 12-02-10 at 11:20 PM.
Old 12-02-10, 11:17 PM

LINK to $3 Coupons?
Old 12-02-10, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by doctaheath78
LINK to $3 Coupons?
No link. He got a Target coupon printout at the register after a previous purchase. My wife got one yesterday when buying some clothes. I will bring it in to knock an additional $3 off. It is valid until January I think.
Old 12-02-10, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Oddly enough after reading your post, I went to my local Target (Northern California) and they restocked after being sold out Tues/Wed.

Luckily I was able to find the only copy they had that didn't have it's slipcover completely smashed from the security cases.
Old 12-03-10, 08:44 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
Tried to print out the Fantasia coupon earlier this week and it would not even let me log into the site. Today I get in and it says the offer is not available. On the link at post #1, it says I have already redeemed the offer (which I haven't). Used Mozilla

Created another account, this time using IE. Same thing happened again.

Any suggestions. I contacted Disney Rewards, but I'm running out of time.

EDIT: Is there a phone #?
Looks like you might be trying to print out the upgrade coupon and that doesn't appear to work anymore. The offer should still be viable but when attempting to print you get that message "offer is not available". Have you tried printing the regular $10 off of Fantasia coupon rather than the upgrade coupon? You may have to actually use a different computer as well as create a new account to print out the coupons if the Bricks coupon printer has recorded that you have printed out 2 coupons even if the coupons have not printed. Here's the phone number to the Guest Service Center: 1-800-723-4763. One of the options will transfer you to Disney Movie Rewards and once you get there you will have additional options to choose from. Good luck.
Old 12-03-10, 10:21 AM

My Target fully restocked, so I rescind my previous rant.

In happy news, I grabbed the two-disc SA blu completely by accident and didn't even realize until I got home, making the deal even $5 sweeter.
Old 12-03-10, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana
Trevor, please 'splain this. I must've missed the posts about the $3 coupons.

Also, you said 3 $10 coupons. I only know of 2 $10 coupons and a $10 combo discount which is what I assume you meant by the 3rd coupon. Wait... I do vaguely remember somebody saying his Target accepted 2 $10 Fantasia coupons on Fantasia so maybe that's what you did? It wouldn't have even occurred to me to try that, especially because even though I printed 2 sets of each (the so-called "regular" and "upgrade" coupons), I sure don't remember seeing any difference between them other than the bar codes. I wouldn't even thought of trying to use 2 nearly identical coupons on 1 item. Last time I tried to PM + use a coupon, I got denied, so I consider myself lucky just to get the combo deal + 2 coupons. I wouldn't even risk trying to use 2 manufacturer's coupons on the same item.

Did you PM SA to Walmart too? Why not go for broke and get the maximum deal? :-) Anyway, please tell me about the $3 off coupons. If they are legitimate (i.e. meant to be used on these items), I could try to get an adjustment having been successful doing that the last couple times I tried. I really don't know if Target is allowed to accept 2 $10 Disney coupons on 1 item or their system is just messed up. If Disney intended the upgrade and regular coupons to be stacked, I'd sure like to know. I thought I did well at about $26 out the door, but your deal makes me feel like I did poorly.
There are two different Fantasia $10 coupons. Both have been detailed here on DVDTalk somewhere. They look similar, but have different UPCs. One is the upgrade coupon, you input your old DVD UPC on the Disney Rewards site to get it iirc.

And as I mention below, the $3 coupons were also here somewhere sometime.

I didn't think to pricematch Walmart. Do they have an actual printed ad this week? I might try if I happen to drive near a Walmart to get the ad, but I probably shouldn't press my luck since the triple coupon use was very YMMV already.

Originally Posted by sotra
No link. He got a Target coupon printout at the register after a previous purchase. My wife got one yesterday when buying some clothes. I will bring it in to knock an additional $3 off. It is valid until January I think.
No, I'm positive they were printed from the Disney or Disney Rewards website. I got them from some thread here within the last couple months. Definitely not the printed coupons from Target at least. If I had those I would have tried them too. Everything I need to know I learned from DVDTalk.
Old 12-03-10, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I am going to say that it is because of target and TRU offering the extra 10 bucks if you buy both,
Are you sure about that? I tried to ring up this offer and the total did not reflect an additional 10 off.

Originally Posted by avianb
Looks like you might be trying to print out the upgrade coupon and that doesn't appear to work anymore. The offer should still be viable but when attempting to print you get that message "offer is not available". Have you tried printing the regular $10 off of Fantasia coupon rather than the upgrade coupon? You may have to actually use a different computer as well as create a new account to print out the coupons if the Bricks coupon printer has recorded that you have printed out 2 coupons even if the coupons have not printed. Here's the phone number to the Guest Service Center: 1-800-723-4763. One of the options will transfer you to Disney Movie Rewards and once you get there you will have additional options to choose from. Good luck.
That was the problem. Only got it to print one copy. But that was a problem with my printer settings.
Old 12-03-10, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
Are you sure about that? I tried to ring up this offer and the total did not reflect an additional 10 off.
Don't know about TRU, but Target definitely has the $10 combo offer. Advertised on the racks and shows on my receipt. Might have to buy certain versions though, maybe both titles have to be the 3/4 disc combo versions.
Old 12-03-10, 02:44 PM

There are two different Fantasia $10 coupons. Both have been detailed here on DVDTalk somewhere. They look similar, but have different UPCs. One is the upgrade coupon, you input your old DVD UPC on the Disney Rewards site to get it iirc.

And as I mention below, the $3 coupons were also here somewhere sometime.

I didn't think to pricematch Walmart. Do they have an actual printed ad this week? I might try if I happen to drive near a Walmart to get the ad, but I probably shouldn't press my luck since the triple coupon use was very YMMV already.

No, I'm positive they were printed from the Disney or Disney Rewards website. I got them from some thread here within the last couple months. Definitely not the printed coupons from Target at least. If I had those I would have tried them too. Everything I need to know I learned from DVDTalk.
Yes walmart had a printed ad. It had the 2 disc SA for 19.99
Old 12-03-10, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by vmars
Yes walmart had a printed ad. It had the 2 disc SA for 19.99
Thanks! But isn't the $10 SA coupon only good on the 3 disc version?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.