Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Fantasia $10 DMR Coupon

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-10, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Re: Fantasia $10 DMR Coupon

Well my pricematch and coupon options worked just fine at Target, walked out 16.95+tax ($19.63) for both Fantasia and SA(2 disc). SA is a blind buy for me, but at this price I'll take my chances since it sounds like it is a real good HT demo movie at the very least. I have a feeling I might have been able to use an upgrade coupon, but for those wondering it is definitely no longer available to print so I did not have it.
Old 11-30-10, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I price matched Target at Walmart, since Walmart is 3 miles from my house and Target is 15. Also, Walmart is in a city with slightly lower sales tax than the city Target is in.

Fantasia $27.99
Sorcerer's Apprentice $19.96
- $10 for buying both
+ $2.56 tax
- $10 Fantasia coupon
- $10 Sorcerer's Apprentice coupon

= $20.51 for both

YMMV:
I got the 2-disc Sorcerer's Apprentice, not the 3-disc.
Also matching $10 for buying both -- I tried this at the same Walmart 2 years ago when buying Monsters, Inc./Up and was denied then, but successfully matched $10 off buying both when buying Toy Story/Toy Story 2 earlier this year.
Old 11-30-10, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Went to Best Buy and price matched Target since Target sold out of SA (for some reason). The guy at the counter had JUST performed the same deal for himself, so he knew what was up. I didn't have a Target ad but he price matched anyway. There was some kind of problem price matching and getting the $10 off but he fixed it manually.
-$24.98, for both 3-disc combo packs, out the door.

Last edited by izatright; 11-30-10 at 09:45 PM.
Old 11-30-10, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Brent L
I can't even get on the DMR site to print the coupons at all.
Same here.
Old 11-30-10, 06:06 PM

I got both Fantasia and SA 2 Discs ( They were out of 3 Disc set ) for $22.xx plus tax. Both coupon worked fine. Really nice deal for 3 BR movies on a release day.
Old 11-30-10, 06:14 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by ctyankee
Thanks Maul for the PM info and strategy. Worked like a charm with zero hassle.

First the clerk did a price match, then their own $10 off promo then the two store coupons.

24.98 before tax or 12.49 per BR/SD combo or $8.33 per title if you consider Fantasia 2000 (some may not).

I'm glad it worked for you. I wasn't so lucky... :-(

Target wouldn't let me do the price match. That's right, they wouldn't give me a 3.00 price match.

It's okay tho, I just sent a nice email to Target Corporate. The store management were pretty rude to me about it, too.

I was only able to find a Target Corporate site to send feedback to, does anyone know of another email address to complain about my Target store?

I know it's just 3.00, but still, they violated their price matching policy, when clearly other stores are doing it!
Old 11-30-10, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I didn't really want SA, so I picked up Fantasia at TRU for $6.99 after the upgrade and general release $10 coupons. It was painfully simple actually, plus 10% back makes it even sweeter.
Old 11-30-10, 06:32 PM

I need the email address to complain about LOTR. Would you mind pming it to me?
Old 11-30-10, 07:27 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

My Toys R Us wouldn't take two $10 off coupons. They did use my TRU Rewards 20% off coupon with a $10 coupon for $13 out the door.
Old 11-30-10, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The $10 off purchase of both didn't work with the 2 or 3 disc version at Target for me. Then she tried telling me it was because I had the wrong version of Fantasia because the pic in the ad said "Limited Time Only" edition. After talking with 3 different people they finally just did a manual override. $24.97 for both after tax.
Old 11-30-10, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 599 Likes on 432 Posts

What is the 20% off toysrus coupon?
Old 11-30-10, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by whotony
What is the 20% off toysrus coupon?
I received it in the mail for being a Toys R Us Rewards member
Old 11-30-10, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 599 Likes on 432 Posts

what is the expiration date?

Did the Fantasia upgrade coupon get removed from the Disney site, I just get a no coupon available when I try to print it.

Last edited by whotony; 11-30-10 at 08:41 PM.
Old 11-30-10, 08:41 PM

Sometime in December. Sorry to be vague but I don't remember.
Old 11-30-10, 09:12 PM

December 4th.
Old 11-30-10, 09:22 PM

Went to Best Buy to price match NFM on Fantasia and was refused because they said NFM's price was the DVD price and not Blu-ray. I didn't argue the point too much just told them I'd pass and left my purchases at the counter and walked out. Had no problem price matching at the Walmart across the street ($6.79 before tax after all said and done). Normally I have zero problems price matching at Best Buy (in fact their system usually alerts them of the price match at NFM and I don't even have to say anything), but tonight I think I got some relatively new employees who weren't too interested in keeping my business. Walmart or Best Buy, really makes no difference on which one gets my money.
Old 11-30-10, 10:53 PM

I always love reading the coupons + PM stories on any of these Disney releases because some people will always post success doing what's impossible in my area (having tried numerous times over the years). I've never had success at Best Deny PM'ing, using mfg. coupons AND getting a combo deal discount at the same time. Maybe 1 out of 6 times I'll be successful using a mfg. coupon on a sale item, but that's the best it gets at Best Deny. Obviously Best Deny stores have very different attitudes in different parts of the country based on others' posts. Nor have I ever had success having Walmart PM a combo deal (i.e. PM'ing both the prices and giving an additional bonus discount for buying both). You could try that at every Walmart in my area until you die of old age without success. And since we know no Disney coupon experience thread can be complete without my long-winded experiences everyone is dying to hear, here you go:

I'm sure everyone is shocked to hear that Best Deny lived up to its name for me again today. I wouldn't have bothered except I was already there picking up an in-store pickup item, so I figured why not grab Fantasia and SA while I'm up at the CS desk to see if they deny me if I try to buy both Fantasia and SA with the 2 $10 off coupons (I know better than to even ask for a PM with mfg. coupons at my Best Deny stores). Too bad I can't bet and put down money on what'll happen at Best Deny because I'd be rich. The employee looked at the $10 off coupons and immediately called a supervisor. Supervisor came over and said I can't use the $10 off manufacturer's coupons BECAUSE BOTH ITEMS ARE ON SALE and the coupons say they can't be combined with any other offer and a sale price is an offer. So, in my Best Deny's eyes, you can't use manufacturer's coupons on any items unless they are full price. I'm sure Disney intended this interpretation of their coupons which means that nobody is supposed to use their coupons during release week when the movies are on sale everywhere. Yeah right. So I basically said "that's exactly what I figured you'd say and why I call you Best Deny. I wouldn't have bothered except I was already here picking something up and just wanted to see if you'd deny legitimate coupons. Now I'm going over to Target where I'm sure they won't give me any problems." (I'm sure somebody here will call me names and tell me I was rude saying that... I'm used to it. It couldn't possibly be that the supervisor was wrong and simply gets off denying people. No, all employees are angels. Only I'm bad.) Anyway, I wasn't mad because they did precisely what I expected and it only wasted about 2 minutes beyond what I would've spent.

So I went over to Target and had no problems using both coupons + the combo discount (apparently they were out of the SA 3 disc just about everywhere early in the morning) without any hassle. Having been denied using mfg. coupons a few times at Target when I tried to PM, I decided not to throw in that complication for a few bucks. As I left, I called family and told them about the deal and was told to get another set as a gift using the 2nd coupons I printed. When I went back in, that cashier was gone so I went to another cashier (with the last Fantasia) and he denied me the SA coupon because it wasn't the 3 disc. I didn't say what I wanted: "that's the only SA you have on the shelves and if you'd just scan it it would work because I just did the same deal about 10 minutes ago." I just left.

Again, it shows you how everything is YMMV. Shopping is SO much fun. :-)
Old 11-30-10, 11:04 PM

Did the Fantasia upgrade coupon get removed from the Disney site, I just get a no coupon available when I try to print it.
It isn't working for me either - it says: "THANK YOU! There are no prints available for this campaign."

Well thanks for nothing, Disney!
Old 11-30-10, 11:25 PM

Went to both Targets after 5pm and both were sold out of Fantasia. I was told by an associate at the second store that each location only got 3 copies and they would not get more before the offer expires on the 4th. Looks like Target purposefully made it so that they would have to honor very few instances of their advertised deal. This seems to be a trend with them. Between the LOTR fiasco, the magically-disappearing-item sale yesterday, and this - it is clear that Target is not longer a store worth patronizing. I am certain there will be some sort of shady shenanigan regarding the $17.99 Inception BluRay next week where I will certainly be like some sort of punishment glutton.

To top matters off... I left both coupons in my basket and they can't be reprinted. Sigh.
Old 11-30-10, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Went to Best Buy during my lunch break.

$29.99 Fantasia
- $10.00 DMR coupon
+ $26.99 The Sorcerer's Apprentice
- $10.00 DMR coupon
- $10.00 Best Buy promotion
- $10.00 RZ Credit
- $5.00 RZ Credit
= $11.98 + tax
Old 11-30-10, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Thought I'd wait until 8pm to go to Target for my purchases.

Fantasia Blu-Ray completely sold out at my store

The coupon is good until the weekend, so I hope to pick it up by then.
Old 12-01-10, 02:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 612 Likes on 450 Posts

I'm curious about the $10 discount Target is offering for buying both sets. Was that for today (Nov. 30) only, or will it be available longer?
Old 12-01-10, 02:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SI78
Went to both Targets after 5pm and both were sold out of Fantasia. I was told by an associate at the second store that each location only got 3 copies and they would not get more before the offer expires on the 4th.
That's strange. I wonder if they changed it up from store to store. My local store didn't have more than a handful of SA but tons of Fantasia.
Old 12-01-10, 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by masetodd
It isn't working for me either - it says: "THANK YOU! There are no prints available for this campaign."

Well thanks for nothing, Disney!
I ran into the same problem.

I don't get it. If the coupon isn't available anymore, then why is the banner advertising it still on the DMR site? Anyone know what the deal is?
Old 12-01-10, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by PlumPeach
Went to Best Buy to price match NFM on Fantasia and was refused because they said NFM's price was the DVD price and not Blu-ray. I didn't argue the point too much just told them I'd pass and left my purchases at the counter and walked out. Had no problem price matching at the Walmart across the street ($6.79 before tax after all said and done). Normally I have zero problems price matching at Best Buy (in fact their system usually alerts them of the price match at NFM and I don't even have to say anything), but tonight I think I got some relatively new employees who weren't too interested in keeping my business. Walmart or Best Buy, really makes no difference on which one gets my money.
There are 3 types of employees. Pro-BB employees (will try to take as much as money as they can from you or screw you over and love BB.) or The Anti-BB employees (those who are disgusted with how ridiculous some things can be, and will try to help you out if it's possible for them without getting fired. IE be willing to price match, give you a reward zone without asking you) and then the new employees who still don't understand what's going on and are afraid they'll get fired so they play it safe.

So yeah.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.