Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Fantasia $10 DMR Coupon

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-10, 06:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Fantasia $10 DMR Coupon

Originally Posted by biglou114
Nebraska Furniture Mart FTW: $16.79- $10 coupon=$6.79
Has anyone used one of the earlier upgrade coupons successfully at NFM?
Old 11-28-10, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by adam_omega
the 2-disc SA is no different from the 3-disc. You just don't get the download. I could do without the download if it means not paying tax or shipping.

The coupon says "with purchase of the Sorcerer's Apprentice on 3-Disc Comic Pack (Combo Pack includes a Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Copy)."

I'd think that if enough people keep using the coupons for the incorrect item (which the coupon says is fraud and they won't reimburse the company for), then there's a chance that Target could stop accepting the coupons altogether. Target did stop allowing the use of one of their own toy coupons last year.
So there is a difference Just because you do not need the download, one should not use it as a convenience when trying to compare the prices when we all try to figure out the best deal to be had on these. But if you want to do that, I can still get the SA 3-disc with a pm to Meijer's of $26.99 taking off $3 from your Target total, and don't forget but the $10 off both should be able to be used as well.

And to my knowledge it was actually being found that this would work on the 2-disc TS3 not because of people trying "fraud" but because Target ran out of copies of the 3 disc and Target allowing them to use it on the 2 disc instead.
Old 11-28-10, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by biglou114
Nebraska Furniture Mart FTW: $16.79- $10 coupon=$6.79
Are The Sorcerer's Apprentice (3-Disc) is same price as Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 (Combo Pack)?
Old 11-28-10, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Schloob1
And to my knowledge it was actually being found that this would work on the 2-disc TS3 not because of people trying "fraud" but because Target ran out of copies of the 3 disc and Target allowing them to use it on the 2 disc instead.
See, this is the part of the conversation that has gotten left off in this thread. The way some posters have been talking, it's like they just intentionally used the coupon on the 2-disc Toy Story 3 because the cashier was an idiot, you know?
Old 11-28-10, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by mattyp4
Which coupon/coupon book would that be?
When you picked up TinkerBell 3 and pre-ordered Beauty and the Beast, they had coupon books there for Disney titles.

Originally Posted by Schloob1
That's the price of the DVD, not Blu.
Yeah, my bad. TRU looks like they're not going to have the 2-disc Blu/DVD combo.

TRU will accept both TRU $3 coupons for buy Fantasia and one other Disney Blu-ray/DVD & buy Sorcerer's Apprentice and one other Disney Blu-ray/DVD.
Old 11-28-10, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by iNCREDiPiNOY
Are The Sorcerer's Apprentice (3-Disc) is same price as Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 (Combo Pack)?
Yes.
Old 11-28-10, 11:17 PM

Hopefully I can use my 10 dollar upgrade coupon with the 10 dollars off for buying epic mickey with fantasia.

So it would be 50 plus 30 for the movie and that makes it 80. 10 minus for the buying them together brings it down to 70 and then manufacturer's coupon brings it down to 60.

Not a bad deal right?
Old 11-29-10, 04:52 AM

Okay, so I signed up for Disney Rewards and I did the whole thing to get the coupon, including installing that coupon printer thing, but my MacBook hasn't been hooked up to a printer ever since I upgraded to Snow Leopard and it made my wifi printer incompatible. So I usually just print things to pdf and bring them to the printer via usb flashdrive. But when I hit print coupon, rather than bring up some kind of menu, it just said the coupon was printed. Um...so what the fuck do I do now???

Also, can you use this coupon at Amazon? I have to know quick so I can cancel my order from months ago and replace it with the coupon.

Thanks.
Old 11-29-10, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by MikeShaynePI
Okay, so I signed up for Disney Rewards and I did the whole thing to get the coupon, including installing that coupon printer thing, but my MacBook hasn't been hooked up to a printer ever since I upgraded to Snow Leopard and it made my wifi printer incompatible. So I usually just print things to pdf and bring them to the printer via usb flashdrive. But when I hit print coupon, rather than bring up some kind of menu, it just said the coupon was printed. Um...so what the fuck do I do now???

Also, can you use this coupon at Amazon? I have to know quick so I can cancel my order from months ago and replace it with the coupon.

Thanks.
No
Old 11-29-10, 05:17 AM

Well perhaps I should just cancel and go get it at Target. Can anyone help with the coupon problem? Are they individual barcodes?
Old 11-29-10, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

While Target is vastly better at PM'ing and allowing mfg. coupons than Best Deny, the catch on this deal is the $10 off combo discount. The last time a $10 combo was supposed to come off automatically, it didn't and it required manually price adjustment and supervisor scrutiny. Supervisor scrutiny means a greater chance you'll be told you can't PM and get the $10 off combo discount at the same time. Target is usually very good at allowing 1 mfg. coupon per item even if you PM, but I have been denied a PM + mfg. coupon a couple times over the years because the supervisor at the moment felt it was too good of a deal. The solution if you get denied on something legitimate (PM + mfg. coupon is legitimate) is to go to another location. The truth is they can deny whatever they want if they feel like it because most coupons have some wording that is vague enough to allow it such as "cannot be combined with any other offer" and they could argue their current discount price is an offer or the $10 off combo is an offer. Usually Target doesn't try to use those words to deny a coupon while Best Deny usually does (for me).

So, please post when someone does this deal if the $10 combo comes off automatically. If it does, I may try PM'ing.
Old 11-29-10, 08:53 AM

I hadn't seen it posted here, but I noticed that in our local Meijer ad, the Fantasia combo pack was $26.99.
Old 11-29-10, 09:24 AM

I need someone to mail me the hardcopy of Nebraska Furniture Mart ADD quick!
Old 11-29-10, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by iNCREDiPiNOY
I need someone to mail me the hardcopy of Nebraska Furniture Mart ADD quick!
How about an electronic link:

http://www.nfm.com/FlipBkSWF.aspx

Fantasia is on the middle of page two of the ad.
Old 11-29-10, 09:45 AM

Most price matching requires the competitor to be "local" - has anyone ever tried PMing a store like Nebraska Furniture Mart at Best Buy or Target before? Is that even remotely plausible? I guess anything's possible, with a willing cashier...
Old 11-29-10, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by TheHypnoToad
How about an electronic link:

http://www.nfm.com/FlipBkSWF.aspx

Fantasia is on the middle of page two of the ad.
Well I must need a hardcopy to uses them for pm @ target.
Old 11-29-10, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FranklinShepard
Most price matching requires the competitor to be "local" - has anyone ever tried PMing a store like Nebraska Furniture Mart at Best Buy or Target before? Is that even remotely plausible? I guess anything's possible, with a willing cashier...
I haven't price-matched at Target since they've started doing so, but Best Buy routinely makes a phone call to the local story to verify that it's in-stock. I imagine, if stores follow policy, that they'll probably deny you when they see where the ad's from.
Old 11-29-10, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 449 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeShaynePI
Well perhaps I should just cancel and go get it at Target. Can anyone help with the coupon problem? Are they individual barcodes?
You can't print to a virtual printer like "Print to PDF". It has to be a physical printer. Also, the verification codes on each printed coupon are unique (the UPC's are not).
Old 11-29-10, 05:14 PM
Cool New Member

when Circuit City was still around, I pricematched a disney direct to video dvd there with the ad from Nebraska furniture Mart,since I live close to Omaha. And I think I've done that at Walmart, too. I may or may not try to pricematch it at Target or Best Buy when I get Fantasia 4 disc pack....is that the one that's a good price? I don't know if Target/Best Buy would PM AND let me use the coupon....I usually just have used the coupon.
Old 11-29-10, 05:30 PM

It seems like Borders has a pretty good price matching policy too, so I might try there if I get turned down at Best Buy.

At the very least, I should be able to price match Ultimate Electronics, since I live in NYC, and there's one in Albany.
Old 11-29-10, 07:12 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I received a 20% off coupon from Toys R Us a few weeks back, going to stack that with the $10 DMR coupon. Should be $12 and tax after discounts if my math is right.
Old 11-29-10, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'll get this $ucker and Fantasia for $6.97 each after pricematch with Nebraska Furniture Mart Ad $16.97 Each - $10 off - $10 off = $13.96 for 2 disney movies
Old 11-29-10, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jtnguyen12
I'll get this $ucker and Fantasia for $6.97 each after pricematch with Nebraska Furniture Mart Ad $16.97 Each - $10 off - $10 off = $13.96 for 2 disney movies
$3.96 for 2 movies if you pm @ Target
Old 11-30-10, 02:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just went to print out the Upgrade Coupon and the Non-Upgrade Coupon and they're both the same for me. Printed out two that look identical with the same expiration dates and the system won't let me print out any more.. Obviously there's the unique scan code for both of them, but other than that I see no difference that would indicate a standard coupon and an upgrade coupon. Were people actually printing out two different coupons that indicated which they were?
Old 11-30-10, 03:03 AM

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I can't print the coupon. I put in my code for Fantasia and gave me a link for it but it said there were no available coupons for this title or some crap. So I put in my F2000 code and all it said was see below for coupon with no link. What the fuck??

EDIT: Never mind, I was able to print it by just going through the DMR page without the codes.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.