Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Toy story 3 $8.00 off coupon now live

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-10, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Toy story 3 $8.00 off coupon now live

Originally Posted by Raffurar
So I guess no movie cash for Tangled with TS3 anywhere? Doesn't sound like it from the experiences posted so far. Slightly disappointed by this..
Negative on movie cash at Target & Wal*Mart.
Old 11-02-10, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Target I went to never received their TS3 combo packs. There are "raincheck" coupons on the display stands. However, the 2-disc version was available for $22.99. Cashier said the $8 was for the combo pack, but scanned the coupon to see if it would be accepted. System accepted it with no complaints.

I didn't need/want the DVD or digital copy anyway.
Old 11-02-10, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Target I went to this morning had an entire aisle wall full of DVDs and BDs (the two-disc, the four-disc combo pack, the Target-exlusive combo pack and the ten-disc set).

$24.99 - $8 off coupon = $16.99.

Not bad, but doesn't beat the fact that I walked out with Toy Story and Toy Story 2 for $5.98 total just earlier this year.
Old 11-02-10, 02:19 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
The Target I went to this morning had an entire aisle wall full of DVDs and BDs (the two-disc, the four-disc combo pack, the Target-exlusive combo pack and the ten-disc set).

$24.99 - $8 off coupon = $16.99.

Not bad, but doesn't beat the fact that I walked out with Toy Story and Toy Story 2 for $5.98 total just earlier this year.
yeah, I can't pay more than $10 for Disney/Pixar titles anymore
Old 11-02-10, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Used the coupon on the 2-disc set at Best Buy, no problems. $11.99 before tax.
Old 11-02-10, 02:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by trespoochies
Target has the 4 disc combo pack for $24.99. Had no problem using the $8 off coupon. I also used the coupons for the Sound of Music and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Total was $54.09 (including TX tax) for all 3.

Last edited by COACH2369; 11-02-10 at 02:56 PM. Reason: found my answer...
Old 11-02-10, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Schloob1
That's the price for it in the special Buzz Lightyear packaging. Unless they did not have the combo pack by itself, the price on that was the same as WalMart. It's right in there ad, sounds like you did not look hard enough perhaps?
They didn't have any sale sign by the display that I saw. The prices were all high on the case. I didn't see the ad so I didn't know otherwise. No biggie as Wal-mart had "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance" for $5 and I've been wanting that one for awhile.
Old 11-02-10, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

shit. i guess the version that Wal-Mart has where you get the VUDU download is not the 4 disc version. Had no clue about that. Drove there and dealt with the incompetent cashiers for nothing. Oh well.
Old 11-02-10, 06:19 PM

Went to TRU and saw that they wanted 34.99 for the 4 disk set. I asked if they would price match and got a "no" so I promptly got my 5.00 deposit back and bought it at Walmart for 16.99 with coupon.
Old 11-02-10, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy Jones Fan
Went to TRU and saw that they wanted 34.99 for the 4 disk set. I asked if they would price match and got a "no" so I promptly got my 5.00 deposit back and bought it at Walmart for 16.99 with coupon.
TRU stopped price matching years ago.
Old 11-02-10, 06:56 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I picked mine up tonight from Best Buy for $2.88 after coupon, and $15 in reward zone certificates. Will return my TRU preorder as there is really no incentive to get it there (if they had a deal if you preorder Fantasia I probably would have bit).

Oh, and my insert with the magic code had no code printed on it. Awesome!
Old 11-02-10, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Manzana
Wow, MinLShaw, I assume you went in after midnight today. That means you've got a Walmart that actually puts out new releases before noon?
As a general rule, they're pretty good about putting out new releases after midnight, unless it's a Monday/Tuesday night shift where they don't have the right people scheduled or it's a media title being delivered separately from their regular stock. I've wasted some midnight visits over the years, but they've got a new store manager now and things seem to be going more swimmingly in that department.

Incidentally, I was informed by my brother's ex, who is a manager at a Walmart, that their official policy is that if it's in the building it should be on the floor after midnight. May not be on an actual shelf at that point, obviously, but it should be accessible to consumers.

Originally Posted by Pizza
They didn't have any sale sign by the display that I saw. The prices were all high on the case. I didn't see the ad so I didn't know otherwise. No biggie as Wal-mart had "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance" for $5 and I've been wanting that one for awhile.
At my local Walmart, they just had their regular prices posted on the shelves, but it reduced the price automatically at the scanner. Also, did you find the Paramount Centennial Collection version of The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance or the older, barebones edition?

Originally Posted by Deftones
shit. i guess the version that Wal-Mart has where you get the VUDU download is not the 4 disc version. Had no clue about that. Drove there and dealt with the incompetent cashiers for nothing. Oh well.
Yeah, not a damn thing to be had in the combo pack. I was under the impression there was movie cash or something to be had by buying at Walmart. I hate that their exclusives are never on the most deluxe edition of a title.
Old 11-02-10, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by MinLShaw
At my local Walmart, they just had their regular prices posted on the shelves, but it reduced the price automatically at the scanner.
I was talking about Target. The Walmart I went to did indeed have the sale price clearly marked.

Originally Posted by MinLShaw
Also, did you find the Paramount Centennial Collection version of The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance or the older, barebones edition?.
I'm sure it's the latter. Amazon has the Centennial which I've kept in my cart forever and never saw much of a price drop. I doubt I'd ever watch the bonus stuff for that one so for nearly a third in price, I'll settle for the movie only.
Old 11-02-10, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

No problems here using it at Wal-Mart
Old 11-03-10, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by JoeyOhhhh
..... Will return my TRU preorder as there is really no incentive to get it there.
Since I got 10$ off of Beauty & the Beast combo pack, will TRU let me cancel the preorder and refund the $5?
Old 11-03-10, 11:04 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexOi
Since I got 10$ off of Beauty & the Beast combo pack, will TRU let me cancel the preorder and refund the $5?
Though the $10 off toward BatB didn't come up during the conversation, the supervisor who was needed to issue me a refund mentioned to me that they aren't supposed to refund deposits, but he'd make an exception. Then, as he's trying to work the register, he decides to read the fine print on the card (probably looking for the actual legal "out" he'd need to refuse me). I guess he couldn't find what he was looking for because I'm sure he would have shown me. Then he mentions a second time that he's not supposed to refund my deposit.

I guess I'm really going to study the fine print on future preorder deposit slips. If I ever see that mention of no refund, then I'll walk away.

As a side note, I managed to get the two-disc Blu over at Target and use the $8 coupon, so $11.99 plus tax out the door. I'm happy.
Old 11-03-10, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

TRU gave me no issues with cancelling the pre-order. I just handed them the card and receipt and said "I'd like to cancel this pre-order and get my deposit back", and they went ahead and did it no problem. I did get $10 off BaTB with the pre-order, but that never came up.
Old 11-03-10, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Coupon worked great, thanks guys for the heads up on this one.
Old 11-03-10, 12:32 PM
Cool New Member

During my visit to Toys R Us last night, I asked the woman at the cashier's counter if she knew why they stopped price matching other stores. Her response was "Because we are the king of toys, and since there is no competition left we don't have too!"

I sense a bit of cockiness from this TRU staff member...LOL!
Old 11-03-10, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
TRU gave me no issues with cancelling the pre-order. I just handed them the card and receipt and said "I'd like to cancel this pre-order and get my deposit back", and they went ahead and did it no problem. I did get $10 off BaTB with the pre-order, but that never came up.
same here, i stuck with my best buy pre-order instead. and btw, i pre-ordered at a different location while i was out of town on business and saw the pre-order tin, and yesterday at my regular local BB i just brought up a copy to the customer service with my pre-order receipt and had no problems.
Old 11-03-10, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by lumberjack
As a side note, I managed to get the two-disc Blu over at Target and use the $8 coupon, so $11.99 plus tax out the door. I'm happy.
I ended up doing the same thing after getting my deposit back from TRU, except I had a free $5 Target giftcard to bring my total down to $6.99. I might have got the 4 disc version but they were out of stock. I really didn't need the digital copy or a standard DVD.
Old 11-03-10, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
I ended up doing the same thing after getting my deposit back from TRU, except I had a free $5 Target giftcard to bring my total down to $6.99. I might have got the 4 disc version but they were out of stock. I really didn't need the digital copy or a standard DVD.
I wish there was a 3 Disc version. I like having the DVD OR the digital copy but I don't need both. If I have the DVD I can make my own digital copy.
Old 11-03-10, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

My Best Buy wouldn't take the coupon. Manager was being a jerk about it too. Heading to target now.
Old 11-03-10, 10:07 PM

Had no problems getting my $5 deposit refunded at TRU. Went to Target and snagged the last 4 disc combo on the shelf, though they may have had more in back. Used the $8 coupon and was able to stack it with another $3 coupon from the Disney Rewards site that was good on any Disney BD. Final cost $ 13.99 before taxes. Not as much of a bargain as some other recent releases but good enough.
Old 11-04-10, 09:55 AM

I picked up the regular 4 disc version from Target today, used the $8 off coupon with no problems. I think there's a decent chance we'll see TS3 for slightly cheaper around Black Friday, but I didn't want to wait that long to get the best film of the year. Plus, if there are no great BF or Christmas deals, it likely won't drop below $25 until that time next year.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.