Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Toys R Us media prices (October 17 - October 23, 2010)

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Old 10-12-10, 05:00 PM
ces

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 10-12-10, 06:51 PM

Re: Toys R Us media prices (October 17 - October 23, 2010)

thanks for the post. tru once in a while has decent deals, but i don't always get to see their ad. nothing for me this week though
Old 10-12-10, 07:08 PM

Thanks, I was planning to get Fallout anyway, this looks like a good deal to get the guide also. I'm wondering though if it will be the regular guide or if we could choose the collector's one if they even have it.
Old 10-12-10, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

So they give you money for your old iPod? Anyone know how much?
Old 10-12-10, 08:14 PM

I didn't even know TRU sold ipods, if my store hides their blu-rays they must have armed security guarding these..
Old 10-12-10, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
It says up to $100, which leads me to believe that the 3g 64GB iTouch would give you a $100 card and inferior models less. I got my 3g 32GB iTouch last year through Walmart with a nice accessory pack for $125 (nice cashback deal through Bing that fluctuated so much that I ended up ordering 3 times to get the highest cashback amount, and when I did instore pickup, across the border in NH to avoid sales tax, for the 3 I promptly returned the 2 with lesser CB and was given cash back rather than a credit on my card. This didn't trigger the returns with Bing and thus I got to keep the CB for the 2 returned iTouches) and while the camera/camcorder and retina display is nice I'm perfectly happy with the one I have.
Old 10-13-10, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 222 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
It would be interesting if the ipods need to work too... I have an old Mini that doesn't work, and also an 1st gen Nano with a broken screen. I imagine that they want to resell them somehow.
Old 10-15-10, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by PerryD View Post
It would be interesting if the ipods need to work too... I have an old Mini that doesn't work, and also an 1st gen Nano with a broken screen. I imagine that they want to resell them somehow.
Had the same thought. However...

The toy store chain Toys-R-Us has announced that 500 of their US stores will be offering a "trade-up" program that lets customers bring in old (but functional) iPods and exchange them for gift cards up to $100 towards the purchase of a new one. The promotion runs from October 17th through the 23rd.

Customers bring in working iPods to the Guest Services desk at their local Toys-R-Us store (not all stores are participating). An employee will verify that the iPod is working and not visibly damaged, then make an offer on the unit depending on its age and model. If the customer accepts they receive an activated iPod trade-up card equal to the value they accepted. Customers can bring in up to three iPods for a total possible gift card value of $100.

The iPod Trade-Up cards can only be applied to new iPods at the store. Toys-R-Us carry Apple's latest models, including the iPod Touch, the Nano and the Shuffle.

Read more: http://www.macnn.com/articles/10/10/...#ixzz12Rakfq2y