Another DD BOGO sale

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Another DD BOGO sale

Old 11-23-10, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Another DD BOGO sale

Originally Posted by jsz1002
Depends on who you ask! LOL I still haven't received ANYTHING from my 9/4 order.
Me neither.

The item I am waiting on is still out of stock... but proudly listed as an item eligible for their current 25% off sale.
Old 11-23-10, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by onebyone
Me neither.

The item I am waiting on is still out of stock... but proudly listed as an item eligible for their current 25% off sale.
I can understand why mine is still open. The elusive North By Northwest blu-ray is part of the order! Everybody knows it's a hard to find title.
Old 11-23-10, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For those that don't read the SD Bargains Forum, here is what I learned yesterday in talking to DD:

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
Just spoke with a CS rep on the phone to inquire as to why my three open orders have not been fulfilled when the site is showing the items are in stock? I was told that they recently acquired a new "distribution center" in California which will operate in conjunction with the Illinois distribution center, but that the merger of both systems has yet to happen in earnest.

He said that any items listed as OOS are probably related to the Illinois center and not the new California one. I asked him if I ordered the same items today would they be shipped out if they come from the California center? He said no, that all old orders would be fulfilled first, so he assured me that even though it may say on the site that an item is in stock, it just means that the California center probably has it, but it cannot be shipped anywhere until the two distribution centers are merged "electronically," something he expects to happen very soon.

He did acknowledge the problems and frustrations of customers in the past few months and blamed it on the Illinois center not being adequately stocked. He said with the new California center now in operation, it will only be a matter of time before all orders are fulfilled.

Don't shoot the messenger.
Old 11-23-10, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I had four more titles arrive today...all free titles. That's 6 in the last week so it does look like things might be turning around finally.
Old 11-23-10, 01:15 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I got a shipping notice today for Labyrinth, Dark Crystal & Dr Strangelove...but nothing from the Labor Day sale...

Peter
Old 11-23-10, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,852 Likes on 1,226 Posts

I ordered season 2 of The Twilight Zone last night and it shipped this morning. That's definitely promising.
Old 11-23-10, 02:04 PM

Anyone receive Breaking Bad yet?
Old 11-23-10, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by lizard
Yesterday I received one of the BDs from my remaining September 3rd order and I got a shipping notice for the final (free) one.

DD seems back on track at last.
I received my first week Septembers about the first week of November. Still waiting for two from September and one from October.
Old 11-23-10, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Proglodite
I got a shipping notice today for Labyrinth, Dark Crystal & Dr Strangelove...but nothing from the Labor Day sale...

Peter
I got a shipping notice for Labyrinth and Dark Crystal as well... FROM MY ORDER FROM 7 WEEKS AGO!!! I got them for only $7.55 each, so I'm still happy, but geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezus...
I also received a shipping notice for March of the Wooden Soldiers, which I just ordered yesterday. Now if they would only ship my other 3 orders, I'd be a very happy man...
Old 11-23-10, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by sumdeus
I had four more titles arrive today...all free titles. That's 6 in the last week so it does look like things might be turning around finally.
That's good to hear! I haven't had any of my free titles ship yet, and I'm getting antsy because now is the time to buy them elsewhere, if I'm not going to receive them from DD...
Old 11-23-10, 06:18 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rendle
Anyone receive Breaking Bad yet?
Nope. Only my original out of stock 30 day notice.
Old 11-23-10, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

Got one of the BOGO titles from Sept. today. Amusingly it came in and an hour later I got the e-mail saying it had just shipped.
I also got the 'just shipped' e-mail on another title that I received last week...mere days after ordering it.
Somewhat bizarre, even for DD.

Still awaiting Labyrinth. Haven't gotten an e-mail yet, but if other people's copies are in transit, I'll assume mine is too.
Old 11-23-10, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by onebyone
Me neither.

Me too. Did anyone get either JASON AND THE ARGONAUTS or POLTERGEIST yet?
Old 11-24-10, 12:05 AM

Still waiting...
Old 11-24-10, 01:09 PM

Anyone know how often they have a BOGO sale?
Old 11-24-10, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2019 TOTY Winner

Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by masetodd
Anyone know how often they have a BOGO sale?
as often as they actually ship orders

once a year
Old 11-24-10, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 91 Likes on 58 Posts

I received CHLOE this afternoon. The copy was obviously re-shrinkwrapped and had a big cut mark on the top of the case where the security strip had been sliced open. However, this was one of my free titles and I'm just glad it showed up at all. The disc looks fine, but I'll watch it later to ensure playback.
Old 11-30-10, 03:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Finally got a shipping notice on Zombieland after I asked about it in an email. So that's something after a long period of absolutely nothing . Still waiting on a previous sale for Poseidon and Poltergeist from DD but I'm in no rush.
Old 11-30-10, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Kedrix
Finally got a shipping notice on Zombieland after I asked about it in an email. So that's something after a long period of absolutely nothing . Still waiting on a previous sale for Poseidon and Poltergeist from DD but I'm in no rush.
How old are you? Just checking, you know. Some orders might take a little longer than you think!
Old 11-30-10, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Got a shipping notice today from an order placed September 2 (three months ago). Still waiting on one more order after this one.
Old 11-30-10, 04:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unbelievable... I cancelled my Breaking Bad orders on their website Friday and placed an order for them on Amazon and today I get a shipping notice from DeepDiscount for both Breaking Bads. Of course, the order still even shows as open on their website. Why does this company fuck with me like this (not the first time this same scenario has happened)?
Old 11-30-10, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 more orders (including North By Northwest) today, bringing my still waiting list to just 6 out of close to 26, and the waiting to ship to only 2 (Boogie Nights and its free counterpart). A little less than half shipped near the placement of the orders, while the others have been showing up this past week.

As annoying as the wait was, I'm glad I held out and didn't cancel everything. ...Although, in an almost pathetically comical turn of events, I was able to find two of my long awaited titles cheaper on Black Friday (Breaking Bad Seasons 1 & 2 on Blu-ray for $5.98 each*), and upon calling to cancel, I was informed that they were already in shipping. A bit later I received the e-mail stating the same thing. D'oh!

* There were none in the BF dump bins they had set up, and the non specially-stickered ones I found on the regular Blu-ray shelves rang at the sale DVD price.
Old 11-30-10, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 209 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by BigShemp
Me too. Did anyone get either JASON AND THE ARGONAUTS or POLTERGEIST yet?
Still waiting on "Jason", which, of course, was my "free" title.

By the way, is one of their "ships directly from the manufacturer" titles a good bet to actually show up?
Old 11-30-10, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received a shipping notice for North By Northwest the other day. I had pretty much written these orders off. I tried to order a couple of titles after this but ended up having to cancel after waiting a ridiculous amount of time. I also went from DD being my first stop shop and spending a large amount there on a regular basis to almost nothing. I used to spend a minimum of about $200-300 (pretty cheap for this forum I know) with the fall 20% sale. This year - nothing. I hope they are liking it. DD has gone from a retailer that could do no wrong in my eyes to my last resort.
Old 11-30-10, 08:53 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I got a shipping notice today for Breaking Bad Season 1, but not for Season 2.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.