DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   The Double Life of Veronique region free Blu Ray (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/580117-double-life-veronique-region-free-blu-ray.html)

Szamzej 10-02-10 02:28 AM

The Double Life of Veronique region free Blu Ray

Go to amazon.co.uk and search for it.

Region free, beautiful, amazing.

Came out to around $14, I think. Or you can shell out $30 for the Criterion DVD. No contest for me.

izatright 10-02-10 03:40 AM

Re: The Double Life of Veronique region free Blu Ray

$6.99 pounds:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Double-Life-...6008825&sr=8-1

riotinmyskull 10-02-10 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Szamzej (Post 10406021)
Go to amazon.co.uk and search for it.

Region free, beautiful, amazing.

Came out to around $14, I think. Or you can shell out $30 for the Criterion DVD. No contest for me.

or you can wait for criterion to release the blu-ray and get it for under $15 during the B&N sale. no contest for me.

Superdaddy 10-02-10 10:18 AM

I got this for about $15 shipped from an amazon Marketplace seller in the USA. Well worth the price. (I own the Criterion DVD too).

Szamzej 10-02-10 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull (Post 10406176)
or you can wait for criterion to release the blu-ray and get it for under $15 during the B&N sale. no contest for me.

I agree, it is no contest. The Criterion blu-ray will have 1 extra supplementary feature as well as a little book and you may have to wait years for it. The transfer will never better the one already given (and will in all likelihood be the exact same, merely ported from the UK release), so... I agree, no contest, buy the extant one and never worry about Criterion and their absurd releases (Charade?).

Spunkymonkey 10-02-10 06:58 PM

Bluray.com has a glowing review of the bluray:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Do...y/8567/#Review

newginafets 10-02-10 07:01 PM

hopefully when i get my paycheck on the 7th it's still the same price.

jwstl 10-02-10 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by newginafets (Post 10407060)
hopefully when i get my paycheck on the 7th it's still the same price.

I'd be surprised if it isn't. I bought it from Amazon UK a couple of months ago for that price. It's a nice supplement to the $2 Criterion DVD I bought at a library sale in Colorado last year.

PopcornTreeCt 10-02-10 07:23 PM

Pass

doctorthodt 10-02-10 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt (Post 10407095)
Pass

Congratulations on your excellence at shitposting.

PopcornTreeCt 10-02-10 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by doctorthodt (Post 10407369)
Congratulations on your excellence at shitposting.

Wtf is wrong with you?

doctorthodt 10-02-10 11:59 PM

Wtf is wrong with you? You're the one who threadcrapped with that totally pointless/worthless post.

GenPion 10-03-10 12:13 AM

He saw the thread -- was likely interested in what the price would be -- saw that it was higher than what he deemed worthwhile (with consideration in the fact Criterion will almost certainly re-release this) and decided to share that he won't pick it up, declaring as much with a simple 'Pass'. What's wrong with that? I'd have done the same. Instead, I'll simply have this post to go by, because apparently anything else would be deemed inappropriate. We should be free to discuss whether or not we find a deal worthwhile or not. He wasn't even saying something negative about the film (let alone making comments singling out other forum members).

doctorthodt 10-03-10 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by GenPion (Post 10407544)
What's wrong with that?

What's wrong with simply moving on instead of feeling compelled to tell everyone that you're passing on a deal with a non-contributing single word reply?

GenPion 10-03-10 01:43 AM

What's wrong with simply ignoring the original post and leaving the poster alone? He said nothing offensive. If a friend in real life suggested a movie to me at a price I didn't like and I said "Pass", I'd be a jerk? Gee, thanks.

NoirFan 10-03-10 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Szamzej (Post 10407002)
I agree, no contest, buy the extant one and never worry about Criterion and their absurd releases (Charade?).

What's wrong with Charade?