Iron Man 2 Blu Ray steel Case at Target

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Iron Man 2 Blu Ray steel Case at Target

Old 09-28-10, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Iron Man 2 Blu Ray steel Case at Target

Originally Posted by AlexOi
I didn't know Target won't take return from target.com. I will try to call the one near my house.

Thanks!
Yeah that really is your bestbet, or see if someone you know can swing by for you and pick one up. hopefully there wont be to many people hoarding them like the disney iron packs and steelbooks.
Now that word has gotten out that someone actually sold a iron man 2 metal pack on ebay today for 65.00
Old 09-28-10, 04:45 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 889 Likes on 752 Posts

Originally Posted by StephenX
Not true. Target.com fulfills most of their media orders by using amazon.com and therefore do not typically match their website. They actually don't sell it, someone else does.

Now in the case of Target exclusive case, idk. It may be fulfilled differently, but from what I've always read heard they won't take them. Target is an exception, not the rule.
i didn't say anything about pm. if it is sold on Target.com, anything can be returned to the B&M, reagrdless if sold at B&M or not.
Old 09-28-10, 05:18 PM

Figured I'd share my Target experience this morning...

I got the DB price as well! I got to Target at 8:00 a.m. and went straight to CS because I never PM'd anything with Target and asked what the policy was. Told me to just come back with the ad and receipt by Saturday and they would PM no problem. Since I did not have the BB ad with me I just paid the full price since I knew I could get the difference back later. After I got home I figured I'd better take care of this right away so was back to Target by 9:30 a.m. and saw the same CS rep that I talked to earlier and she did the $22.00 price for me since I talked to her earlier. Thrilled beyond repair I left a happy camper. (I actually bought 4 copies for friends/gifts so it was much more sweeter). In the meantime on my home back home I got a call from a co-worker to ask how I made out and asked me if I wouldn't mind going back and picking up a copy for her son which I did. Now, here is the kicker, by 10:00 a.m. Target must have gotten wind of the PMing going on and put a stop to it. When I went back to electronics there was a handwritten sign saying that "No price matching will be accepted for the Iron Man 2 Target Exclusive". I went back up and saw the same CS rep again to see if she could push another one through for me. The same sign was at the CS desk as well. I asked her about it and she said they got a call from corporate and were told not to accept anymore price matching for that particular set since it was their exclusive. I went to another Target a few miles away and they were told the same thing. I guess they figured out they were loosing quite a few bucks on this one! At least $12.00 a pop at the $24.99 price.
Old 09-28-10, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by taco5
Figured I'd share my Target experience this morning...

I got the DB price as well! I got to Target at 8:00 a.m. and went straight to CS because I never PM'd anything with Target and asked what the policy was. Told me to just come back with the ad and receipt by Saturday and they would PM no problem. Since I did not have the BB ad with me I just paid the full price since I knew I could get the difference back later. After I got home I figured I'd better take care of this right away so was back to Target by 9:30 a.m. and saw the same CS rep that I talked to earlier and she did the $22.00 price for me since I talked to her earlier. Thrilled beyond repair I left a happy camper. (I actually bought 4 copies for friends/gifts so it was much more sweeter). In the meantime on my home back home I got a call from a co-worker to ask how I made out and asked me if I wouldn't mind going back and picking up a copy for her son which I did. Now, here is the kicker, by 10:00 a.m. Target must have gotten wind of the PMing going on and put a stop to it. When I went back to electronics there was a handwritten sign saying that "No price matching will be accepted for the Iron Man 2 Target Exclusive". I went back up and saw the same CS rep again to see if she could push another one through for me. The same sign was at the CS desk as well. I asked her about it and she said they got a call from corporate and were told not to accept anymore price matching for that particular set since it was their exclusive. I went to another Target a few miles away and they were told the same thing. I guess they figured out they were loosing quite a few bucks on this one! At least $12.00 a pop at the $24.99 price.
I would say more than likely that particular store must have decided not to do it anymore as myself and others have had no issues getting price matches after your store put the signs up saying they wouldnt, especially being a hand written sign, if it was something from corperate target would have emailed them signage to put up.

10am your time is 7am here a full hour before my target open and they price matched me with no problems for the 24.99 price, only said no to 21.99 price.
and others on here since i have posted my first post about getting it price matched have also not had any issues, please dont take this wrong way since i realize you bought as many as you did for family and friends, but there is a pretty good chance you getting as many as you did price matched that the cs manager decided to put the kabosh on it figureing others would also buy up more than one as well. And just used the corporate phone call as a way to not come across as a grinch. again please dont take it the wrong way its great you were able to get them matched and get enough for your family and friends but seeing how no one else has reported issues with getting price matches at target i dont see any other explanation.
Old 09-28-10, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I wouldnt mind hitting the person who had the genius idea of sticking the white security sticker directly on the inside of the case of the metalpack instead of on a white card like they usually do. It took forever getting that crap off the inside of the case.
Old 09-28-10, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

taco5 I hope your Targets aren't too far away because you must have spent a lot of time driving back and forth.
Old 09-28-10, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by JAYARE
looks nice but that spine sucks, not worth 36.99 IMO. think i will just get the bb one for 20.
i decided to buy it in hopes of pming bbs ad next week if not i will take it back and buy at best buy.
Old 09-28-10, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
I would say more than likely that particular store must have decided not to do it anymore as myself and others have had no issues getting price matches after your store put the signs up saying they wouldnt, especially being a hand written sign, if it was something from corperate target would have emailed them signage to put up.

10am your time is 7am here a full hour before my target open and they price matched me with no problems for the 24.99 price, only said no to 21.99 price.
and others on here since i have posted my first post about getting it price matched have also not had any issues, please dont take this wrong way since i realize you bought as many as you did for family and friends, but there is a pretty good chance you getting as many as you did price matched that the cs manager decided to put the kabosh on it figureing others would also buy up more than one as well. And just used the corporate phone call as a way to not come across as a grinch. again please dont take it the wrong way its great you were able to get them matched and get enough for your family and friends but seeing how no one else has reported issues with getting price matches at target i dont see any other explanation.
Don't take this the wrong way??? What way should I take it???

I'd say yes to what your saying but it was not just at one Target location I saw this at.

Last edited by taco5; 09-28-10 at 06:46 PM.
Old 09-28-10, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by sotra
taco5 I hope your Targets aren't too far away because you must have spent a lot of time driving back and forth.
I have 4 Targets to choose from since I lived in between 2 states. Only went to 2 due to time.
Old 09-28-10, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

I have 3 Targets within 10 minutes of where I work.
Old 09-28-10, 08:28 PM

Just successfully pricematched a steelbook and got #22/30000 to boot
Old 09-28-10, 08:37 PM

You guys are lucky. I tried 2 target stores and no luck. They won't pm the BB price. Both of the CS rep said the same thing. The steel case is "Target exclusive". They only pm the same item. So they only pm the 3 disc combo pack that they have, $29.99. I ended up bought it the full price.
Old 09-28-10, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by gmerreighnjr
Just successfully pricematched a steelbook and got #22/30000 to boot
wow where are you at, what were the others at that location numberd?
wow #22
Old 09-28-10, 09:41 PM

I like the look of the case but the interior seems cheap. Opened after leaving the store and everything was fine but when I got home to pop in the digital copy to Itunes, the plastic clip holding the flipper tray inside broke and now I have a floating tray. :/
Old 09-28-10, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
wow where are you at, what were the others at that location numberd?
wow #22
someone at Blu-ray.com posted a picture of their #1 they got.
Old 09-28-10, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Congrats to all who successfully stole today.
Old 09-29-10, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,220 Likes on 837 Posts

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush
Old 09-29-10, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,128 Likes on 888 Posts

While I was out today I made a stop at Target. I thought the case looked pretty nice and was briefly tempted to give in and buy it but, I came to my senses and realized a steel case wasn't worth paying an extra $12 for. It looked like that particular version of Iron Man 2 hadn't sold any copies and there was probably around 8 of them there at least. Ended up just buying the regular combo pack version from Wal-Mart.
Old 09-29-10, 12:59 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

/facepalm
Old 09-29-10, 02:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm going back on Sunday to exchange another copy cuz the disc flipper broke apart.
Old 09-29-10, 06:50 AM

Thanks!
Old 09-29-10, 07:56 AM

Went by Target after work yesterday, didn't really have intentions of buying it but after reading about price matching decided to get one and see if I can price match it Sunday for $19.99. Anyways my store still had 11 of them when I got there at about 4 pm yesterday.I just don't see this thing selling out, I mean when a regular consumer(not collectors like us)walks up and sees the regular 3 disc set for 24.99 right next to this one for $36.99 with just a different case they aren't going to pay the extra $12. I did happen to pick up the Dark Knight Exclusive Blu-Ray with the Mask case,they had it priced at $14.99 and since I was buying IM2 I got an additional $5 off of that,hopefully I can sell my Dark Knight DVD Mask case on ebay for a few bucks.
Old 09-29-10, 08:36 AM

Persistence paid off. I tried the price-matching of the exclusive at two more Targets yesterday after failing in the morning. The second one looked like it was going to work as the customer service clerk was looking at the ad and started scanning, but all of a sudden she got wary and called over a manager. The manager looked at everything and said because this was a Target exclusive they wouldn't price-match. I said it's only the case that's exclusive, the discs inside are the same. She said she couldn't do it because "it's a different number in our system."

So I went to a third Target. This time I tried to price-match at a register, hoping Target started allowing that and knowing that the average cashier is usually a notch below the customer service person in vigilance. No dice, she asked another cashier and they said I had to go to customer service. So I went over there, and got a little worried because the clerk was a really cute, slender girl. Usually I have better luck with the homelier, chubbier types. However she was young which is always a good sign. Well, I said I wanted a price-match with Best Buy on the Iron Man 2 Blu-Ray combo, put the ad on the counter, and pointed to the picture and said this is the one. This was at about 8 PM last night so I didn't even mention the doorbuster deal or the different prices. Then she looked at the ad and without her asking any questions or hesitating for very long she rang it up for $21.99.

I don't even really care about getting the extra $2 back next week. This is a pretty cool package. I don't really care about the steelbook so much but the lenticular artwork is really nice. I didn't see any numbers lower than high 9000s. And while some stores were sold out of the regular Blu-Ray combo, there were at least 8 of these at every store. But two people had theirs break already here? Yeesh.
Old 09-29-10, 09:31 AM

Haha... I'm surprised more people aren't seeing it that way. Yeah, everyone who tries this knows Target should not be price matching BB on this exclusive packaging. Target sells the exact same thing BB is selling in addition to this exclusive. It's exactly like if a studio releases a stand-alone release and a full-blown collector's edition and you buy the CE, then try to price match against the stand-alone. It's a scam that relies 100% on the ignorance of the customer service rep you're trying to pull one over on.

I loved that one "the discs inside are the same" argument. haha... hilarious. The manager should've just said, "Then get the normal version without the case. It's much cheaper and we'll price match it!"
Old 09-29-10, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by AlexOi
You guys are lucky. I tried 2 target stores and no luck. They won't pm the BB price. Both of the CS rep said the same thing. The steel case is "Target exclusive". They only pm the same item. So they only pm the 3 disc combo pack that they have, $29.99. I ended up bought it the full price.
Gee, guess I wasn't the only one...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.