DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   Frozen blu ray $15 @Walmart.com (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/579517-frozen-blu-ray-%2415-%40walmart-com.html)

kurtz2009 09-20-10 12:48 PM

Frozen blu ray $15 @Walmart.com
 
I was thinking about picking up Frozen on release day but Amazon is asking $31.49 for it, while other online retailers are asking in the $25 range. I was happy to find Walmart.com selling it for a much more reasonable $15 (about $18 shipped).

Just thought I would share the find.

Maxflier 09-20-10 04:33 PM

Re: Frozen blu ray $15 @Walmart.com
 
If I can find it in-store for that price I'll bite.

dolphinboy 09-20-10 05:17 PM

Re: Frozen blu ray $15 @Walmart.com
 

Originally Posted by Maxflier (Post 10382448)
If I can find it in-store for that price I'll bite.

Are you just hoping the prices are the same or do you plan on price matching? I almost never buy movies at Walmart and when I called them today, the said they don't match their online prices? That seemed odd, but I thought I'd ask here if that's true or if you're just hoping the price in-store is the same as it is online.

Mike86 09-20-10 06:50 PM

Re: Frozen blu ray $15 @Walmart.com
 
Sweet. I just looked this up on Amazon the other night because I wanted to see it but saw the $31.49 price tag and figured I'd be passing on it for a while. I'll probably buy this for sure now hopefully its the same price in store as well.

newginafets 09-20-10 06:53 PM

Re: Frozen blu ray $15 @Walmart.com
 
so it's not available in store?

adam_omega 09-20-10 06:59 PM

Re: Frozen blu ray $15 @Walmart.com
 
At Amazon's lowest, it was $25.99.

bse 09-20-10 08:17 PM

Re: Frozen blu ray $15 @Walmart.com
 
I pre-ordered this from walmart.com about a month ago, they just took the money out on Saturday, I had forgotten all about what I ordered. Not sure why Amazon is keeping the price so high.

Maxflier 09-21-10 10:22 AM

Re: Frozen blu ray $15 @Walmart.com
 

Originally Posted by dolphinboy (Post 10382564)
Are you just hoping the prices are the same or do you plan on price matching? I almost never buy movies at Walmart and when I called them today, the said they don't match their online prices? That seemed odd, but I thought I'd ask here if that's true or if you're just hoping the price in-store is the same as it is online.

I was just hoping the price would be the same. I seriously doubt if it will be though, the Wal*Mart here puts zero effort into pricing stuff reasonably because they don't have any competition.

therock69 09-21-10 10:37 AM

Re: Frozen blu ray $15 @Walmart.com
 

Originally Posted by newginafets (Post 10382749)
so it's not available in store?

comes out next week it should be available in store

dolphinboy 09-21-10 03:48 PM

Re: Frozen blu ray $15 @Walmart.com
 

Originally Posted by therock69 (Post 10383951)
comes out next week it should be available in store

Not for $15. I just don't see that happening.

newginafets 09-21-10 04:08 PM

Re: Frozen blu ray $15 @Walmart.com
 

Originally Posted by dolphinboy (Post 10384560)
Not for $15. I just don't see that happening.

i see, so $15 is for online only.

Torchur317 09-21-10 05:02 PM

Re: Frozen blu ray $15 @Walmart.com
 
The new Hatchet BR was $15 on it's first day, I don't see this being anything different....

AmityBoatTours 09-21-10 07:54 PM

Re: Frozen blu ray $15 @Walmart.com
 

Originally Posted by kurtz2009 (Post 10382016)
I was thinking about picking up Frozen on release day but Amazon is asking $31.49 for it, while other online retailers are asking in the $25 range. I was happy to find Walmart.com selling it for a much more reasonable $15 (about $18 shipped).

Just thought I would share the find.

I took and clicked on the notify us of a lower price link on the amazon product page for frozen. If enough people do that perhaps amazon will lower it to the walmart price point or close to it.
If they dont then well i will just have it price matched at bestbuy next week for walmarts price.

therock69 09-24-10 12:53 PM

Re: Frozen blu ray $15 @Walmart.com
 
last 2 anchor bay blu titles at walmart stores were both 15 bucks hatchet and evil dead so this probably will be also i would think

Maxflier 09-24-10 06:10 PM

Re: Frozen blu ray $15 @Walmart.com
 
But both of those are catalog titles, this is a recent flick. Maybe we'll get lucky, but I'm not counting on it.

therock69 09-24-10 08:34 PM

Re: Frozen blu ray $15 @Walmart.com
 

Originally Posted by Maxflier (Post 10391117)
But both of those are catalog titles, this is a recent flick. Maybe we'll get lucky, but I'm not counting on it.

agreed the dvd probably will be 15.00 and 20.00 for blu is what i am thinking now

dolphinboy 09-24-10 10:28 PM

Re: Frozen blu ray $15 @Walmart.com
 
I'm really surprised this is still over $31 at Amazon. I really didn't expect them to match Wal*Mart's $15 but I certainly expected it to be around $20 by now.

I am still on the fence about whether this is a good enough movie to own, but I have a nice credit at Amazon and nothing to use it on for a while and I'm impatient so a good price at Amazon probably would have meant a blind buy for sure.

Jediturtle 09-28-10 11:45 AM

Re: Frozen blu ray $15 @Walmart.com
 
I can confirm $15 in store, at least in Sheboygan, WI where I just grabbed it! Can't wait to check it out during the horror challenge! :)

Maxflier 09-28-10 01:08 PM

Re: Frozen blu ray $15 @Walmart.com
 
Blu-Ray was nowhere to be found at my local Wal*Mart, but the DVD was only $10 so I guess if they had bothered to stock the BR then it probably would have been $15. Will have to check around at others.

Sessa17 09-28-10 01:10 PM

Re: Frozen blu ray $15 @Walmart.com
 
I tried getting a Best Buy kid to PM this for me today, but he shot me down saying they don't PM on-line only sales. Which might be a legit reason, but I've gotten BB to do it for me countless times before.

xfilekr 09-28-10 01:13 PM

Re: Frozen blu ray $15 @Walmart.com
 
Saw this at Wmart today. Blu 15 dvd 10

AmityBoatTours 09-28-10 01:55 PM

Re: Frozen blu ray $15 @Walmart.com
 

Originally Posted by Sessa17 (Post 10398446)
I tried getting a Best Buy kid to PM this for me today, but he shot me down saying they don't PM on-line only sales. Which might be a legit reason, but I've gotten BB to do it for me countless times before.

You should have told him to have a cs manager call walmart and they would have learned the 15.00 price was infact in store as well.

Toddarino 09-28-10 02:29 PM

Re: Frozen blu ray $15 @Walmart.com
 
I was at Target today and saw the blu-ray at the front registers for 13.00.

dolphinboy 09-28-10 02:46 PM

Re: Frozen blu ray $15 @Walmart.com
 
$15 in store in Glendale, AZ. I have heard from friends around the valley that it's $15 and, so far, none of stated that they couldn't find a copy.

Maxflier 09-28-10 02:48 PM

Re: Frozen blu ray $15 @Walmart.com
 

Originally Posted by Toddarino (Post 10398705)
I was at Target today and saw the blu-ray at the front registers for 13.00.

Whoa, even better!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 AM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.