Fourth Transaction (when TS3 is released on Nov 2):
Toy Story 3 Blu-ray Combo $35.00
DMR coupon $8.00
TS3 deposit (from above) $5.00
GC from Second Transaction $10.00
----------------------------------
Total for movie: $12.00

GRAND TOTAL for 3 MOVIES: $30.00

Last edited by BuckNaked2k; 11-02-10 at 11:23 AM.
Old 10-06-10, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Tinkerbell + B&tB + Toy Story 3 = $30 total at Toys R Us

Second Transaction (when Tinker Bell is released Sept 21):
Tinker Bell Blu-ray Combo $30.00
B&TB preorder deposit $5.00
DMR coupon $10.00
Tinker Bell deposit (from above) $10.00
Preorder discount (when you preorder B&TB) $10.00
--------------------------------
Total for movie + $10 GC: $5.00

From above...wasn't TB3 24.99 ??

I don't know what everyone got, but so far I have laid out $10 for the original TB3 deposit and $3 today.

So for $13 total I have received:
  • Tinkerbell 3 Bluray
  • Beauty and the Beast Bluray
  • Tinkerbell Watch
  • $10 Gift Card
  • $5 Deposit on two seperate orders of Toy Story 3 (which I may or may not get there)

This is Bongos.
Old 10-06-10, 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by SoonerDoc
Second Transaction (when Tinker Bell is released Sept 21):
Tinker Bell Blu-ray Combo $30.00
B&TB preorder deposit $5.00
DMR coupon $10.00
Tinker Bell deposit (from above) $10.00
Preorder discount (when you preorder B&TB) $10.00
--------------------------------
Total for movie + $10 GC: $5.00

From above...wasn't TB3 24.99 ??

I don't know what everyone got, but so far I have laid out $10 for the original TB3 deposit and $3 today.

So for $13 total I have received:
  • Tinkerbell 3 Bluray
  • Beauty and the Beast Bluray
  • Tinkerbell Watch
  • $10 Gift Card
  • $5 Deposit on two seperate orders of Toy Story 3 (which I may or may not get there)

This is Bongos.
TB3 was $29.99. If you were lucky, the price went down the next week to $26.99, but you would have had to get there on Sunday or Monday as pre-orders had to be picked up within a week (though I doubt they would deny you if you went later). The problem with the $26.99 price was that some people were saying when they rang up the "balance due" on the pre-order, the price went back up to $29.99. Not sure if people got it worked out. But if you picked it up on release week, you should have paid $5 or so for TB3 + $10 deposit. So you should be out $10+$5+$3 = $18 for TB3, BatB & $10 GC. You can use a part of the GC on BatB and end up only paying $15 so far and still have about $7 on your GC (not counting the tax, which would probably bring your GC down about $4 or $5 instead of $3).
Old 10-06-10, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by obidawsn
TB3 was $29.99. If you were lucky, the price went down the next week to $26.99, but you would have had to get there on Sunday or Monday as pre-orders had to be picked up within a week (though I doubt they would deny you if you went later). The problem with the $26.99 price was that some people were saying when they rang up the "balance due" on the pre-order, the price went back up to $29.99. Not sure if people got it worked out. But if you picked it up on release week, you should have paid $5 or so for TB3 + $10 deposit. So you should be out $10+$5+$3 = $18 for TB3, BatB & $10 GC. You can use a part of the GC on BatB and end up only paying $15 so far and still have about $7 on your GC (not counting the tax, which would probably bring your GC down about $4 or $5 instead of $3).
I had two preorders, one for me, one for my mother-in-law. My preorder came up at $26.99, hers bumped up to $29.99. Weird, but I was expecting the $29.99, so I didn't bring any attention to the $26.99 price.
Old 10-06-10, 07:49 AM
Cool New Member

My sister had better deal than mine. She didn't pre-ordered BatB but ended paying $2.99 for 2 copies 3-disc combo BR/DVD BatB movie + the Tea Cart... Hot damn! She was able to use 2 unique bar codes BatB $10 Manufacturing coupons, pre-ordered 2 TS3, used 2 different $6 dollars off from Magical coupon book and also using the $5 off for $25 purchase...Hot damn! She's now telling me that I'm her bestfriend this Oct... LMAO!
Old 10-06-10, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by syetangpogiko
My sister had better deal than mine. She didn't pre-ordered BatB but ended paying $2.99 for 2 copies 3-disc combo BR/DVD BatB movie + the Tea Cart... Hot damn! She was able to use 2 unique bar codes BatB $10 Manufacturing coupons, pre-ordered 2 TS3, used 2 different $6 dollars off from Magical coupon book and also using the $5 off for $25 purchase...Hot damn! She's now telling me that I'm her bestfriend this Oct... LMAO!
Damn that is hot!
Old 10-06-10, 10:06 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The Toy Story 3 preorder slip shows a blue-border 3-disc Blu-ray set. I questioned this with the clerk because I remember the cover art from my canceled Amazon order having a yellow border. The clerk said it was the better of the Blu-ray choices and I trusted her. Now I've looked online and what I've preordered is the 3-disc set and there is a 4-disc set (yellow border). While I don't care for the digital copy and standard DVD containing the movie, I do want that fourth disc of Blu-ray bonus material. Now I've got to stop by TRU again and get this corrected. I don't want the 3-disc set that I preordered. I hope this will be an easy fix for them.
Old 10-06-10, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by lumberjack
The Toy Story 3 preorder slip shows a blue-border 3-disc Blu-ray set. I questioned this with the clerk because I remember the cover art from my canceled Amazon order having a yellow border. The clerk said it was the better of the Blu-ray choices and I trusted her. Now I've looked online and what I've preordered is the 3-disc set and there is a 4-disc set (yellow border). While I don't care for the digital copy and standard DVD containing the movie, I do want that fourth disc of Blu-ray bonus material. Now I've got to stop by TRU again and get this corrected. I don't want the 3-disc set that I preordered. I hope this will be an easy fix for them.
There is no 3 disc set.

There's the 4 disc with DVD + Digital Copy, and there's the 2 Disc Blu Ray only.

The pre order card pictures the wrong box art, but it does say DVD + Digital Copy on it.

I woudn't think you'd have any trouble picking up the 4 disc set with your pre order card.

And even if you do, you can cancel it on the spot, get your 5 dollars back, and use it for purchasing the 4 disc set.
Old 10-06-10, 12:30 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
And even if you do, you can cancel it on the spot, get your 5 dollars back, and use it for purchasing the 4 disc set.
Thanks. That's all I needed to know.
Old 10-06-10, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
There is no 3 disc set.

There's the 4 disc with DVD + Digital Copy, and there's the 2 Disc Blu Ray only.

The pre order card pictures the wrong box art, but it does say DVD + Digital Copy on it.

I woudn't think you'd have any trouble picking up the 4 disc set with your pre order card.

Would you get the $5 back if you got $10 off a BD when you pre-ordered? I'm going to try but just wondering if anyone had any experience with it?
Old 10-06-10, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by obidawsn
that's right. The two $5 preorders made it 40 - 10 deposit - 10 BATB - 10 TS3 - 10 coupon = 0.

Crazy
Old 10-06-10, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by syetangpogiko
Wait, there is a new $5 off $25 coupon?!?!?!?!?
Old 10-07-10, 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Wait, there is a new $5 off $25 coupon?!?!?!?!?
i looked and looked and didnt see a 5 dollar off 25 on the net. only expired ones but perhaps the Sept COUPON SCANNED. Eitherway, u have to be informed! I had one manager run up to the cs rep and whispered not to ring up 2 badt and 2 preorders on the same ticket. he had just given me the tea set, which would be free with any princess purchases over $40. He thought he was clever but i told her to scan it and if it comes out wrong so be it but i will call the corp! it worked. I paid 24 plus tax for 2 badt, 2 tstory preorders, the tea set, and $18 inner tube. Used 2 disney vouchers & 2 toys r us $6 off badt. I have a 20% off 1 item toys r us coupon that i forgot & the cs said, it would be ok 2 stack . didnt know & plucking my head on losing anything! Its personal revenge towards bad managers that I'll go discount trolling
Old 10-07-10, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by ballershanelle
i looked and looked and didnt see a 5 dollar off 25 on the net. only expired ones but perhaps the Sept COUPON SCANNED. Eitherway, u have to be informed! I had one manager run up to the cs rep and whispered not to ring up 2 badt and 2 preorders on the same ticket. he had just given me the tea set, which would be free with any princess purchases over $40. He thought he was clever but i told her to scan it and if it comes out wrong so be it but i will call the corp! it worked. I paid 24 plus tax for 2 badt, 2 tstory preorders, the tea set, and $18 inner tube. Used 2 disney vouchers & 2 toys r us $6 off badt. I have a 20% off 1 item toys r us coupon that i forgot & the cs said, it would be ok 2 stack . didnt know & plucking my head on losing anything! Its personal revenge towards bad managers that I'll go discount trolling

You were able to use 2 $6 coupons? The coupon was for BatB and another Blu-ray/DVD. So you should have only been able to use one. As for me, I missed out on using the $6 coupon even though the cashier took it. She rang up the 2 BatB, then scanned the pre-order cards. The tea cart then scanned at $0. She took my pre-order cards for TS3 then my coupons (2 $10 coupons and the $6 coupon). She scanned them and said the second $10 coupon wouldn't work. I saw her try it, but it wouldn't scan. She said it was because they were the same UPC. She offered to separate the transaction, but I knew I would lose the tea cart and the $6 coupon so I took the $10 coupon back and walked out paying $12+. On the way out, I decided to get another copy of BatB in case I needed an extra gift for Christmas since I had a spare $10 coupon. I glanced at my receipt, though, and saw that both $10 coupons were on there, but not the $6. I was a bit confused by it, as I could have sworn that I saw her scan the $6 coupon then the 2 $10 coupons. I went ahead and purchased another copy of BatB w/ TS3 pre-order and left. After I left, I looked over my first receipt as $12+ seemed a bit high since both $10 coupons went through, and noticed that she scanned the BatB pre-order card as a pre-order and not a balance due. So I was charged an extra $5. I turned around and went back to the store, showed them my receipt and they gave me a $5 gift card (as I had purchased everything with my TB3 gift cards). So all in all, I ended up paying $7+ (including tax) for 2 BatB and the tea cart (the $5 pre-orders I put down for BatB just forward on to TS3). I was a bit bummed that my $6 coupon didn't get in the mix, as it would have made it about $1 for all of it. But because of that, I didn't feel as bad about using the $10 coupon again.
Old 10-07-10, 09:38 AM

i didnt really have an easy time with the first 6 dollars because it kept saying didnt match. I tried on lunch break at a store but the tea set was bashed. so i canceled on spot. that amanger had no idea about the disney coupon book and it was in the ad, plain as day! The next store didnt want to work a few times & a manager came over and overode it with the lady cs rep. I left the counter checked the reciept saw no second six dollars but toys r us had my coupon!!! i quickly told the manager & a refund was issued after he read the coupon & thought it should have applied 2. IDk.. seems like the $5 off $25 was mailed to some people
Old 10-07-10, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I apparently got the last coupon book my store had, but I didn't use any of the coupons yet. I couldn't find another title I wanted. I just bought BATB (also got the last one in BD packaging), 35 cents total out the door...
(I had a $3 birthday coupon for my daughter, which is why I didn't have to pay the $2.99)
Old 10-07-10, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,178 Likes on 4,207 Posts

I have no idea how this deal was supposed to work, but so far I've put out $10 for the Tinkerbell preorder and another $1.30 in tax upon picking up the Tinkerbell Blu Ray, so it seems that an expenditure of $11.30 has netted me Tinkebell Blu Ray, Beauty and the Beast Blu Ray, a $5 credit towards Toy Story 3 and a TRU gift card with $6.60 left on it. Crazy!!!!!
Old 10-08-10, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just picked up two BATB, the tea cart, and two TS3 pre-orders for 5 bucks + tax (I had only pre-ordered one of the BATB) using the two Disney coupons, and the $6 TRU coupon, then paid for it using the TB3 GC. BARGAIN!

Last edited by kenbenobi; 10-08-10 at 02:17 PM.
Old 10-09-10, 12:33 AM
Cool New Member

I'm never buying the DVD case again. TRU was unable/willing to swap the discs because of the coupon. I really gotta say, I loathe this whole DVD case thing and wish they'd cut it out. The TRUs I went to sold out the blu cases but found a third that had them. Unless the sales drones simply couldn't find them.
Old 10-09-10, 02:22 AM

Didn't want to start a new thread, but there's another Disney Blu Ray pack coming out next Tuesday -- Oceans. I liked their last documentary Earth a lot (bought it with a $10 off coupon). Any coupon for this new one?
Old 10-10-10, 04:27 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Website is still showing $22.99.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=4107930
Old 10-10-10, 05:27 AM

It's up to $29.99
Old 10-10-10, 06:21 AM

i know it just a timezone.

http://viewer.zoho.com/docs/pdHbUd
Old 10-10-10, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Don't forget the $5 rebate... as posted here

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bar...combo-mir.html
Old 10-14-10, 04:08 PM

I just got that $3 off any Disney Blu Ray coupon email in my inbox today. Keep a look-out.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.