Iron Man 2 Combo Pack - $15 at Walmart.com

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-10, 05:51 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
Re: Iron Man 2 Combo Pack - $15 at Walmart.com

Originally Posted by Demolition Man
Thank you so much iNCREDiPiNOY for the screen capture. I just forwarded your link to The Consumerist along with crediting you for providing it. I don't know if they will use this story on their site or not but at least its worth letting them know that Walmart is absolutely pulling one on us here.
if people advocated for World Peace with the same fervor as they do about a blown DVD/BR deal we'd all live in a Utopia by now.
Old 09-14-10, 06:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got this e-mail today. What a load of crap. It's listed on the website as "in stock" but now at $25.00!

Thank you for your recent Walmart.com order. Unfortunately, we've had to cancel the item(s) listed below due to limited availability.

We always want your Walmart.com shopping experience to be a good one and are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you. If you'd like to speak to us regarding your order, please call Customer Service at 1-800-966-6546. We're available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. (CT) or Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. (CT).

Item availability is updated frequently, so please check our site later if you'd like to order this item again.

============================================================
CANCELED ITEM(S)
-----------------------------------------------------------
Order Date: 12 SEP 2010 09:35
Order Number: 2677621981296

QTY DESCRIPTION PRICE TOTAL
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Iron Man 2 (Blu-ray + Standard DVD + Digital Cop 15.00 15.00

============================================================

Paid by Credit/Debit Card or Bill Me Later(TM).
Since we did not ship the item(s) listed above, your account was not charged. Any authorization hold placed on your account will automatically expire in accordance with the card issuer's policy. Please contact your financial institution for more information.

Paid by All Other Methods
A refund has been issued to your original method of payment and the funds should be available within 10 business days.

Any items from this order that are not shown above are not affected by this issue. You can check the status of your remaining items by visiting the "My Account" main page:

https://www.walmart.com/cservice/ya_index.gsp

If you have any questions, please reply to this email or call the phone number listed above and let us know how we can help.

Thank you,

Your Walmart.com Customer Service Team
http://www.walmart.com

I highly doubt they will have it in the store at that price!

Last edited by taco5; 09-14-10 at 07:02 AM.
Old 09-14-10, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Joe Bond
I contacted Wal-mart.com Customer Service after the price changed, I hadn't pre-ordered it yet, and they said if I ordered it at the current $24.96 price I would get a refund for the difference and they did give me the refund. I hope my pre-order doesn't get cancelled.
Why is everyone ignoring this post? Doesn't this seem odd that they cancel our orders but will give a new order the same price?
Old 09-14-10, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts

Well, this was extremely dissapointing.
Old 09-14-10, 07:40 AM

mine was cancelled as well.

Only goes to show...something sounds to good to be true it probably is. What are the best options for this product. so far the best deal I can find is at amazon for 25 bucks shipped. Not willing to bite at that price
Old 09-14-10, 07:50 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by cesidio
mine was cancelled as well.

Only goes to show...something sounds to good to be true it probably is. What are the best options for this product. so far the best deal I can find is at amazon for 25 bucks shipped. Not willing to bite at that price
Huh? There's been plenty of screw-ups in the past with different retailers. Only difference is that our price was honored. They were never so arrogant as to cancel every order at the screwed up price, then put it back up for sale at their intended price. They're just a bunch of assholes for doing that.
Old 09-14-10, 08:11 AM

lilmott, what exactly did you say to them when you called?
Old 09-14-10, 08:14 AM

I just got off the phone with customer service. At first the lady said it looked like there was a supply problem. When I pointed out that the item was still being sold at a higher price, she put me on hold. She came back and admitted that was a price mistake. She said if I wanted the movie, I would have to reorder at the new price.
Old 09-14-10, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

well, this blow. Total BS.

The CS actually said it was a pricing mistake and all orders were canceled and that they are not offering any compensation.

guess I will wait for BF or get it used to see if I can get this cheaper.
Old 09-14-10, 08:34 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Except it's not a price mistake when their ad shows the price....still!
Old 09-14-10, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got my cancellation email too. I guess this is why I never buy from walmart.com. Yeah, I'm sure Paramount is doing a limited run on Iron Man 2.
Old 09-14-10, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, at least I made 15¢ off of the whole thing.

This e-mail is triggered by any change in your FatWallet.com Cash Back Account balance. You are notified when stores report your Cash Back transactions to us (your pending account grows)

A total of $0.15 Cash Back has been reported to us today!

Merchant: Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC
Purchase Amount: $15.00
Purchase Date: Sep 12, 2010
Cash Back Amount: $0.15
Available On: Dec 11, 2010
Note: iron man
Old 09-14-10, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
Got my cancellation email too. I guess this is why I never buy from walmart.com. Yeah, I'm sure Paramount is doing a limited run on Iron Man 2.
It was such a niche film; I can't imagine they would do a big pressing.
Old 09-14-10, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Eric F
Why? You have the receipt and it's still listed for $15 in the ad. I bet no one got in on this "limited" deal. They're going to end up losing a lot of customers over this.
If you mean that because they won't sell a product to a bunch of people who don't shop Walmart anyway, then maybe. If you mean regular customers taking their business elsewhere in retaliation of not getting this deal, doubt it.

The level of hysterics over this is unbecoming of adults. Boo-hoo, you're not going to get the in-4-to-6-months price on release day. Waaaaaah!!! Get that class action lawsuit going, mmmkay? The enraged complaints make me wonder if they think the Declaration of Independence reads that they're guaranteed "Life, Liberty, and a $15 deluxe Blu-ray of Iron Dude Too"?
Old 09-14-10, 09:34 AM
Cool New Member

Wow, I got my cancellation too, but I didn't think this many people got hit with the same email. The internet has changed the game for the consumer. We now have the power to find and share deals immediately, which is obviously catching some companies by surprise when they make pricing mistakes. That's still no excuse though IMO!
Old 09-14-10, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by dirkbelig
the level of hysterics over this is unbecoming of adults. Boo-hoo, you're not going to get the in-4-to-6-months price on release day. Waaaaaah!!! Get that class action lawsuit going, mmmkay? The enraged complaints make me wonder if they think the declaration of independence reads that they're guaranteed "life, liberty, and a $15 deluxe blu-ray of iron dude too"?
damn!
Old 09-14-10, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine was canceled, too. Bummer...
Old 09-14-10, 10:11 AM

Got the price adjustment once I said something about the pre-order price guarantee at time of order. Very nice CS rep.
Old 09-14-10, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by taco5
Got the price adjustment once I said something about the pre-order price guarantee at time of order. Very nice CS rep.
Wait, so you ended up getting it for the $15? Just by mentioning the pre-order price guarantee?
Old 09-14-10, 10:23 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
If you mean that because they won't sell a product to a bunch of people who don't shop Walmart anyway, then maybe. If you mean regular customers taking their business elsewhere in retaliation of not getting this deal, doubt it.

The level of hysterics over this is unbecoming of adults. Boo-hoo, you're not going to get the in-4-to-6-months price on release day. Waaaaaah!!! Get that class action lawsuit going, mmmkay? The enraged complaints make me wonder if they think the Declaration of Independence reads that they're guaranteed "Life, Liberty, and a $15 deluxe Blu-ray of Iron Dude Too"?
Why do people post in a thread that people don't have the right to be upset over a retailer's poor business practices? What does that accomplish?
Old 09-14-10, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wasn't going to get this at walmart anyhow, but this is pretty bs on their part. The ad is still showing the 15$ price.. and the part where it says what people ultimately buy.. it's listed as 15$ there too... They are a huge company.. so not honoring the orders that were already placed is pretty crappy. I bet they will lose more $ than they would lose by shipping these orders. I mean, how many people go into walmart and only buy one item??
Old 09-14-10, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Atleast calling seems promising. Will probably be the last time I order something from Wal Mart
Old 09-14-10, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by vmars
Wait, so you ended up getting it for the $15? Just by mentioning the pre-order price guarantee?
After I got the speech about what the problem was I said "so much for the pre-order price guarantee then". She said that she could give me a price adjustment that would bring it back to the original $15.00.
Old 09-14-10, 10:49 AM

Per the CSR I just talked to, they have been getting "thousands of calls" on this and they gave her a form letter to read to me on the pricing error and I was "free to order again at full price." When I said I thought W-M would have been better off just to honor the first batch of orders at the lower price, she agreed with me (!) but said it was not her call.

A few thousand orders x $ 10 = maybe $ 20k?

It surprises me that a giant company like this would rather take a black eye, waste CSR time, and deal with the mess to save $ 20k.
Old 09-14-10, 10:50 AM

I got a call on my cell about this just a few minutes ago, but didn't take it. They asked me to call back. The CSR I talked to was very nice. She speculated that Paramount changed the price they were charging Wal Mart for the bulk copies, which could have set this whole thing in motion.

After I explained that it still shows at $15 in the ad and offered to send her the link, she offered to do a one-time price adjustment. I had to place the order first, but she saw it pop up and immediately adjusted the price to $15 + tax and free shipping. I've already seen the adjustment to my order on the web site. I honestly didn't think this would turn around.

I'm fine with calling out a company when the do something dumb, but I'm also more than willing to give credit when someone goes the extra mile to make it right.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.