Best Buy DOTD (9/8)" Anchorman $9.99

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-10, 02:32 AM
bse
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Best Buy DOTD (9/8)" Anchorman $9.99

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
First off Bestbuy.com has never said it has to be 8 days to the minute of the order being placed. Its 8 days from the date it is orderd.
Secondly the employee was at fault for not realizing that as well.
third the fact that it was still behind the counter and still had the slip on it should be a big enough clue that it was still on hold.

The employee was clearly trying to get an extra 15.00 plus tax out of the buyer and for that the employee should be reprimanded.

Getting the manager involved was the right thing to do, and obviously if the manager thought the employee was in the right then they wouldnt have honored the original sale pricce.

let me guess you must have worked at( or currently work at) worst buy
Although I want to stop posting in this thread, I wanted to say I never worked nor do I plan on ever working for Best Buy.
Old 09-21-10, 02:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Moopher
Are you kidding me? The employee is looking out for no one but themselves in this scenario. It's not like they get to pocket the money. That's just absurd. I doubt that if an in-store pick-up expires they rush right out to the floor to replace it, It's probably put back out after close or the next morning. You should be reprimanded in life for not having common sense.

Exactly cause its not suppose to be canceled till after close of the 8th Business day.
So with it still being back on the shelf to the end of the 8th business day the customer who orderd it was entitled to recieve it when he came in.

oh and thanks for the personal attack to there buddy, very classy indeed.
Old 09-21-10, 02:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by bse
Although I want to stop posting in this thread, I wanted to say I never worked nor do I plan on ever working for Best Buy.
I should stop posting to, it just really irrated me that a poster who will go nameless doesnt seem to understand that just cause his bestbuy is perfect that all bestbuys are perfect. and that brining something up to a manager whos job is to do just that MANAGE, is wrong of a customer who feels slighted.
Old 09-21-10, 02:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Moopher
Or the rules are there in place to create that firm barrier of what Best Buy expects of its employees. Rules are made to be followed, we have no idea how they're trained to handle this rule. Perhaps it didn't seem ludicrous because if you let one customer go above rules, more will want to. Maybe the employee in question got shit on by too many customers over the course of the day and didn't feel like "going the extra mile" to help the customer out. All-in-all, whatever it be, it's all speculative and second-hand information.
It doesnt matter if 100 people before had treated him like crap, thats still not a excuse to not to provide poor customer service.

I worked retail years ago (my first job actually )at a Toys R us durring the Holiday season rush starting around Halloween through black friday till the end of the holiday season at the start of January. And it was drilled in our heads, you go out of your way to satisfy a customer (within reason) and if its something you cant do yourself then you call over the manager and see if they cant do something about it. And you dont ever treat a customer like crap or argue with them or not listen to them.

In the case of the person on this thread, taking it upon their self to call the manager into it helped facilitate that the customer was satisfied. If the manager didnt agree that it was the customer was entitled to the movie for 9.99 then he could have and would have said no. It has nothing to do with getting the employee in trouble. (even though with that poor attitude he clearly deserved to be in trouble, he should be thankful to have a job in this economy, not sitting there giving customers paying there hard earned money a hard time)
Old 09-21-10, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I worked retail years ago (my first job actually )at a Toys R us durring the Holiday season rush starting around Halloween through black friday till the end of the holiday season at the start of January. And it was drilled in our heads, you go out of your way to satisfy a customer (within reason) and if its something you cant do yourself then you call over the manager and see if they cant do something about it. And you dont ever treat a customer like crap or argue with them or not listen to them.
I always snicker when people compare the retail environment of "years ago" to that of today.
Old 09-21-10, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Exactly cause its not suppose to be canceled till after close of the 8th Business day.
I never read that. I've only read at 8 days. 8 days is 192 hours. Any time after that is the ninth day.
Old 09-21-10, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Peep
I always snicker when people compare the retail environment of "years ago" to that of today.
So your saying that retail has changed so much in the last 15 years that its ok to provide lousy customer service.
Old 09-21-10, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
I never read that. I've only read at 8 days. 8 days is 192 hours. Any time after that is the ninth day.
It says it right on the email they send out confirming that its waiting, i copy paste direct from thelast one i got a instore pickup from
Old 09-21-10, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It says it right on the email they send out confirming that its waiting, i copy paste direct from thelast one i got a instore pickup from
Took a look back at 1 of your posts, and saw what you posted. On my e-mail as I posted before you, it states the following. Nothing about it states "business" and I did not remove the wording at all. So apparently they send out more than 1 type of form letter? If it stated "business" I would say you would be correct, but if not than it is definitely feasible for Best Buy at 192 hours to cancel no matter if they are still open.

"Please make sure this order is picked up within 8 days to avoid order cancellation."
Old 09-21-10, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
Let me guess, your parents didn't let you celebrate your birthday until your actual time of birth, and it was 11:57pm so you only got 3 minutes of birthday each year while growing up?
Old 09-21-10, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Schloob1
Took a look back at 1 of your posts, and saw what you posted. On my e-mail as I posted before you, it states the following. Nothing about it states "business" and I did not remove the wording at all. So apparently they send out more than 1 type of form letter? If it stated "business" I would say you would be correct, but if not than it is definitely feasible for Best Buy at 192 hours to cancel no matter if they are still open.

"Please make sure this order is picked up within 8 days to avoid order cancellation."
Same here and BB's web site doesn't state business days either:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Help-Top...at204400050014

Your order will be held at the store for 8 days. To ensure your security, if you do not pick up your order within this timeframe, we'll cancel the order and issue a refund to your original form of payment.
If they count the day you receive the notice that your order is ready for pickup as Day 1 then technically this would have been Day 9. BB.com also sends out reminders ~ every 2 days, at least for me, to remind you to pickup the order.
Old 09-21-10, 03:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

"Well, agree to disagree."
Old 09-21-10, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

When in Rome
Old 09-21-10, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Schloob1

what i copy and pasted came from one of the emails i still had saved on my saved emails looking back i see i noticed it was actually from the mel brooks collection when it was the deal of the day earlier this year, so perhaps they altered the emails sent out since that time. but even still there is nothing on the site saying that the order will be canceled at exactly 8 days down to the minute. if that really is the case then bestbuy needs to make it more clear on the website and emails they send out. because for some people who do instore pickups they might not really need to get the movie that day, (like a lot of us do) or might not be able to pick up for a week due to emergencies or what not.

But again it doesnt say anywhere on the site that its 192 hours like some on here are saying

To me it really doesnt matter on the rare occasions that i have done instore pickup (and i do mean rare because the level cs service at bestbuy is beyond bad) I am always picking it up that same day and even then there have been more times than not where inspite of having the email saying that it was ready for pick up only to get there and its not cause they cant find it or really hadnt pulled it yet, so they end up just taking it off the shelf when i am there.

I only started posting because i thought the guy brushing off the original buyer's complaint as just trying to get a employee in trouble for no reason was off base. not really much more to say about this topic now so i am done.
Old 09-24-10, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by eatntae
When in Rome
Go on....
Old 09-30-10, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So your saying that retail has changed so much in the last 15 years that its ok to provide lousy customer service.
Replace "ok" with "common" and I would agree.

Ever try calling a support hotline lately? How did that work out for you? Same as 15 years ago?
Old 10-01-10, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

But again it doesnt say anywhere on the site that its 192 hours like some on here are saying
Except by definition, that's what 8 days is.
Old 10-01-10, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

"Beat the dead donkey" (icon not available on my iTouch)
Die, die, die!