(DEAD) DD Hugh BOGO BD Sale

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

(DEAD) DD Hugh BOGO BD Sale

Old 10-06-10, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts
Re: (DEAD) DD Hugh BOGO BD Sale

Originally Posted by ecwfan View Post
Do they authorize your card for a free item before they ship?
I hope not.

Anyway, I got the 30 day notices for my remaining titles (including the couple from my first order that were supposed to be free). I'm fairly certain my second order will be entirely cancelled once they try to bill for it. I would have used a more up-to-date payment method had I known it would take this long. Nothing from that second order was a 'must own' for me anyway, so maybe it's for the best
Old 10-06-10, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got "Dogma" in the mail today.
Old 10-06-10, 08:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't received anything that I ordered yet, nor did I get any emails about delays. I ordered The Square, Pandora and The Flying Dutchman, Steamboat Bill, Jr. and The General. I guess I have to contact them now.
Old 10-06-10, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 189 Likes on 146 Posts

What the fuck is going on there? I ordered Jacob's Ladder a few weeks ago and you would think that they had to have it shipped from Mars. This will most likely be my last order with them if this is what their company has turned into.
Old 10-06-10, 09:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dsa_shea View Post
What the fuck is going on there? I ordered Jacob's Ladder a few weeks ago and you would think that they had to have it shipped from Mars.
I'm in the same boat. I would think they could've fulfilled the demand for Jacob's Ladder at this point; I doubt this one is flying off of the shelves at other retailers...
Old 10-07-10, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Since this is now the DD bitch & moan thread, has anyone who ordered Grindhouse from DD actually have it ship? It's still listed as a pre-order on their site. I'm about done with this company.
Old 10-07-10, 11:15 AM

I have a feeling I might have to wait half a year to get North by Northwest.
Old 10-07-10, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

DD is a mess. I placed an order for Spartacus: Blood and Sand BD which was in stock at the time. After a week without it shipping I cancelled it via the Contact Us option on the site. What I received was a cancellation notice for 2 of the free items I ordered during the BOG? glitch sale. I called customer service to get it straightened out only to find out they have no record of my Spartacus order despite it being listed on my order page. They said the order # I have belongs to someone else. So when they received a cancellation request they cancelled the only open order I had. As to the free items I was told I would have to re-order them at the price they were being sold at the time. I could still get the BOGO but I could not get both for free.
Old 10-07-10, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jwstl View Post
DD is a mess. I placed an order for Spartacus: Blood and Sand BD which was in stock at the time. After a week without it shipping I cancelled it via the Contact Us option on the site. What I received was a cancellation notice for 2 of the free items I ordered during the BOG? glitch sale. I called customer service to get it straightened out only to find out they have no record of my Spartacus order despite it being listed on my order page. They said the order # I have belongs to someone else. So when they received a cancellation request they cancelled the only open order I had. As to the free items I was told I would have to re-order them at the price they were being sold at the time. I could still get the BOGO but I could not get both for free.
I had a similar mishap when I canceled an order online. I will NEVER cancel online with them again, because they canceled the wrong item for me as well. I am shocked at how quickly DD has gone from being probably the best DVD retailer, to falling out of the top 10.
Old 10-07-10, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just had my first shipped notices in more than three weeks.

Winged Migration and Pandora and the Flying Dutchman. Yes, I only like movies about flying.
Old 10-08-10, 08:17 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Today I finally received the 2nd of four titles from an order placed a month ago. This shipped one day after my first received item (1 of 4), but arrived two weeks after it. And, I got the standard 30 day notification email for my remaining 2 items that haven't shipped. Guess I'm stuck waiting some more.
Old 10-08-10, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Fallen Angels and Ajami came through, i'm happy

Last edited by newginafets; 10-09-10 at 04:33 PM.
Old 10-13-10, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Finally got another shipment for a free title after almost three weeks of nothing. Still have two orders and six titles to go to finish off this sale.
Old 10-14-10, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I have yet to see any signs of life from any of my orders going back to August 23rd. I got 1 shipping notice on my most recent order from last week, but I really wonder if my other orders will ever ship considering most other people have had at least 1 thing ship from their 30+ day old orders.

Also, I noticed that Target is supposed to have Pandorum BD for $7.50 next week, and it's one of the BOGO items I ordered from DD in early September. Though $7.50 + tax is a bit more expensive than $5.97, my question is this: what happens if you cancel 1 item out of a 2 item BOGO order with DD? Do they charge you full price on the remaining item or do they cancel the whole order or is it something one does not dare do because they'll probably ship it even if I try to cancel? Just looking for advice from those who've tried to do partial order cancelations.
Old 10-14-10, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana View Post
I have yet to see any signs of life from any of my orders going back to August 23rd. I got 1 shipping notice on my most recent order from last week, but I really wonder if my other orders will ever ship considering most other people have had at least 1 thing ship from their 30+ day old orders.

Also, I noticed that Target is supposed to have Pandorum BD for $7.50 next week, and it's one of the BOGO items I ordered from DD in early September. Though $7.50 + tax is a bit more expensive than $5.97, my question is this: what happens if you cancel 1 item out of a 2 item BOGO order with DD? Do they charge you full price on the remaining item or do they cancel the whole order or is it something one does not dare do because they'll probably ship it even if I try to cancel? Just looking for advice from those who've tried to do partial order cancelations.
Not quite sure what will happen. I can tell you that out of four titles I ordered, all at $19.96, they have only shipped one, and my card was charged a full $19.96 even though I didn't receive two titles. So who the fuck knows.

I can add this...even though this is bullshit, I'm an idiot and ordered two more things from them yesterday, one that was instock and one that was backordered. I received a shipping notice for the instock item about 30 minutes after placing my order, and then I received another shipping notice for the backordered item today (although the site still claims that they are out of stock if you try to place it in your basket). Maybe they're not going under. Maybe they just got fucked on those particular BOGO blu-ray titles.
Old 10-14-10, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I looked on the website for Da Vinci code and it says in stock so I emailed them and they still say OOS. What total BS. I think they should get their inventory system in order. Watch them ship it on a newer order.

Still nothing form initial order. I may cancel and take it elsewhere.
Old 10-25-10, 11:23 AM

I believe my "21 days" is up today. So everything should ship today! I'll believe it when I see it!
Old 10-25-10, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't know about anyone else but if I don't get my Karate Kid I and II from my 9/4 order in the VERY near future I am going Cobra Kai on their asses!
Old 10-25-10, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by sumdeus View Post
I don't know about anyone else but if I don't get my Karate Kid I and II from my 9/4 order in the VERY near future I am going Cobra Kai on their asses!
Sweep the leg!
Old 10-25-10, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sweet baby james View Post
sweep the leg!
no mercy!!!
Old 10-26-10, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sumdeus View Post
no mercy!!!
Get him a body bag!
Old 10-26-10, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I assume these sweep the legs, no mercy, and get him a body bag lines are from a movie... perhaps that GI Joe one I haven't seen.

I just started getting some 60 day notices from Deep Discount about my still-dead orders. I keep hoping one day they'll show some life and they'll be not quite dead or just mostly dead. DD claims in another 21 days they hope to have them in stock. If they couldn't get them in 60 days, why should I think they can get them in another 21? I've already decided if I don't have (most of) them by the end of this year, I'm probably going to stop buying from Deep Discount completely... or at least do the 5 minute rule (which I apply to Dell for canceling so many orders on me in the past) which is never spend more than 5 minutes on their web site to place an order because chances are high I'll never get the product and I'm just wasting my time. If I want to waste time, I'd rather do it posting complaints about them here. :-)
Old 10-26-10, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Manzana View Post
I assume these sweep the legs, no mercy, and get him a body bag lines are from a movie... perhaps that GI Joe one I haven't seen.
youtube.com/watch?v=DnvXpLOzKeQ
Old 10-26-10, 12:41 PM

Karate Kid, fool!
Old 10-26-10, 05:46 PM

While I have an order of 4 Blu-rays lying dormant, they sent me an email on Sept 22nd (or so) saying that they mailed me part of a previous order and it's still not here! How long am I supposed to wait for something that's been "mailed" (if it actually has been mailed) more than a month ago? Jeezus.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.