DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Blu-ray Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains-74/)
-   -   (DEAD) DD Hugh BOGO BD Sale (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/578773-dead-dd-hugh-bogo-bd-sale.html)

Kory 09-28-10 01:20 PM

Re: (DEAD) DD Hugh BOGO BD Sale

One of my packages shipped... and then about 10-14 days later, I got an email saying the order was being refunded. Whether this is the fault of DD or the USPS, I'm pissed. ~$15 for "Dogma" and "Charlie's Angels" is an excellent price.

Edit: Wanted to follow up on this. I just called them and they didn't know why it was returned (and apparently, another one of my freebies was returned as well.) They just processed both orders again and gave me everything for the price I originally was charged. Two freebies, and "Dogma" for $14.49. I'm very pleased with their customer service.

Kedrix 09-28-10 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by joe_b (Post 10398143)
One of my titles they supposedly shipped on the 10th finally arrived yesterday.

As for the second order, nothing has been sent out - period. The CC I placed the order with expires at the end of the month. If they don't send something in the next couple of days, I assume that entire order will end up canceled.

I would have been in that CC boat if I placed it with my CC instead of paypal which is up to date. So I'm safe there. Personally I've decided to give it until a month from my order date or 10/04 and then all heck is going to break loose. A month should be more than enough for these titles.

sleepyhead55 09-28-10 05:02 PM

I ordered on 9/04 and haven't recieved anything at all. No emails or shipment notifications.

alfonsosoriano 09-28-10 06:59 PM

Finally got my first order from this sale.

Kedrix 09-28-10 07:56 PM

Got one of my other freebies today in the mail (Suicidegirls), so that leaves one complete order of Poseidon and Poltergeist. But I didn't get any shipping notice at all for that one, it just showed up. So maybe the other two will show up in a week or so, who knows. I appreciate that my order wasn't forgotten but would like to finish it out now.

kenbenobi 09-28-10 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by sleepyhead55 (Post 10399094)
I ordered on 10/04 and haven't recieved anything at all. No emails or shipment notifications.

You should at least wait another 6 days. To expect to receive the order BEFORE you have actually placed the order is a bit too much to ask for...

sleepyhead55 09-28-10 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi (Post 10399500)
You should at least wait another 6 days. To expect to receive the order BEFORE you have actually placed the order is a bit too much to ask for...

Darn I knew there was something wrong that post!

ecwfan 09-28-10 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by joe_b (Post 10398143)
The CC I placed the order with expires at the end of the month. If they don't send something in the next couple of days, I assume that entire order will end up canceled.

I'm in the exact same situation. I have one free title remaining to be shipped. Does anyone know how DD handles free items? Do they authorize your card for a free item before they ship?

nycdude 09-29-10 08:44 AM

I am still waiting here for my order of DaVinci code and Mask of Zorro.

it reminds me of when they eventually cancelled the Watchmen Ult ed.

GnX18 09-29-10 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by nycdude (Post 10400150)
I am still waiting here for my order of DaVinci code and Mask of Zorro.

it reminds me of when they eventually cancelled the Watchmen Ult ed.

You said that right.....

Peep 09-29-10 03:48 PM

I just got something yesterday that supposedly shipped on the 14th.

That's three completely received normal orders. No movement from my glitches.

Proglodite 09-30-10 12:02 PM

I finally received a blu-ray today (9/30/2010) that I had originally received a shipment notice for back on 9/7/2010...so far no other activity on that particular order. --Peter

Laser Movies 09-30-10 12:18 PM

So far I have received 13 of 20 blu-ray titles from the sales but nothing has shipped since last week. Still have two orders where not a single thing has shipped since originally placing the orders on 9/3 and 9/4. However I have 2 orders that are complete and another that is almost complete with the exception of one title that is still out of stock.

jwstl 09-30-10 02:34 PM

Today, I received an email from DD called a "30 Day Notice" regarding an order placed on 8/30:

Thank you for your recent order. Due to an overwhelming demand for the
item(s)listed, we are temporarily out of stock. If you ordered with a credit
card, you will not be charged until the item ships. We expect to receive this
merchandise and ship your order within twenty-one days.

If you do not wish to wait, please contact our Customer Service department via
email at [email protected] to cancel. We apologize for the delay and thank
you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,
DeepDiscount.com

Sweet Baby James 09-30-10 04:04 PM

^

Something to look forward to this coming Monday.

RoadToPerdition 09-30-10 06:04 PM

Received Ghosts of Mars today after their website lists it was shipped 9/3 (yeah right).

Ghostbuster 09-30-10 07:15 PM

I ordered two BDs on 9/7, and nothing has shipped yet. This is the first time in a while that I've ordered from DeepDiscount, and I may not bother to place another order in the future, even during a BOGO sale. I'll stick with Amazon since it provides superior service.

newginafets 09-30-10 07:31 PM

received The Neverending Story. Now Ajami, White Ribbon, Final Destination and Robin Hood left.

biglou114 09-30-10 08:47 PM

Still waiting for all four of my titles (Green Mile, Amadeus, sex lies and a videotape, and Cemetery Junction) ordered on 9/4. No charge, no confirmation, nothing.

doraemon10 10-01-10 12:22 PM

They shipped one of my 5... A Nightmare on Elm Street and North By Northwest are still out of stock. By the time I get my movies Blu-Ray will be obsolete.

carnage6 10-01-10 11:41 PM

Now I'm getting really pissed. No movement at all from my orders. They stopped dead over 2 weeks ago. I'm starting to think DD is hoping we forget this sale even happened. Anybody get Jason and the Argonauts shipped from this sale? None of my anime (DBZ & One Piece movies) are shipping either.

jwstl 10-02-10 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by carnage6 (Post 10405892)
Anybody get Jason and the Argonauts shipped from this sale?

That's one of the titles I have received.

dino88 10-04-10 05:47 PM

Well, I just canceled my order after waiting a month and never receiving anything other than an order confirmation email on 9/3.

Bacon 10-04-10 05:48 PM

!

Originally Posted by jwstl (Post 10403009)
Today, I received an email from DD called a "30 Day Notice" regarding an order placed on 8/30:

Thank you for your recent order. Due to an overwhelming demand for the
item(s)listed, we are temporarily out of stock. If you ordered with a credit
card, you will not be charged until the item ships. We expect to receive this
merchandise and ship your order within twenty-one days.

If you do not wish to wait, please contact our Customer Service department via
email at [email protected] to cancel. We apologize for the delay and thank
you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,
DeepDiscount.com

got the same e-mail

already been a month!!!! :rolleyes: other 3 weeks?

morons

jwstl 10-04-10 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by dino88 (Post 10410999)
Well, I just canceled my order after waiting a month and never receiving anything other than an order confirmation email on 9/3.

I thought I was going to be more patient but I couldn't do it. I cancelled 2 orders that yet to ship. Neither order was a "glitch". I'm going to take my business elsewhere.