Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

(DEAD) DD Hugh BOGO BD Sale

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-10, 06:29 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts
Re: (DEAD) DD Hugh BOGO BD Sale

None of the free titles have shipped for me. I'll be sending the two titles I was billed for back for a refund before the return window expires if I don't start getting shipping notices soon...
Old 09-23-10, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Creepshow and Run Lola Run have arrived yesterday.

I just have to wait Final Destination and Robin Hood (Legit one). It's funny how my "legit" order hasn't even shipped, still processing.
Old 09-23-10, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got Creepshow and Neverending Story today.
Old 09-23-10, 04:39 PM

Still no change...all mine are still open. Ridiculous.
Old 09-23-10, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I made three orders with my DD account and three orders as a visitor using my Paypal account and I have received about 15-20 BD's from the visitor order and ZERO from my actual DD account. There is no rhyme or reason from what I can tell.
Old 09-24-10, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

After more than a month, I finally got 1 little sign of life from my various orders. On the oldest one (8/23) I got an email saying the items were OOS (as I knew) and would be shipped when they get them. No signs of life from the other orders yet.
Old 09-24-10, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by sumdeus
I made three orders with my DD account and three orders as a visitor using my Paypal account and I have received about 15-20 BD's from the visitor order and ZERO from my actual DD account. There is no rhyme or reason from what I can tell.
I must say that I've received 10 blus and my orders were all made with payment through google checkout.
Old 09-24-10, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by excom101
I must say that I've received 10 blus and my orders were all made with payment through google checkout.
I made payment directly with a credit card on my Deep Discount account and received 10 blu-ray titles.
Old 09-24-10, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sumdeus
Got 5 more today from my third non-DD account Paypal order. Still nothing from the orders I made with my registered DD account. Very strange.
Old 09-24-10, 10:27 PM

My orders were finally starting to be shipped annoyingly one at a time. That all changed over a week ago when the shipping notices stopped. Most of my anime selections aren't shipping at all. I'm getting worried now.
Old 09-24-10, 10:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DD's whole shipping process is baffling to me. It lists on their website that Ghosts of Mars shipped on 9/3 and The House of the Devil shipped 9/7. I have not received either of these items, which were from the same order, but have received items from subsequent orders that were shipped later. I just don't see any way that they are actually shipping items when they say they have. The USPS sucks and media mail is awful, but this just doesn't make any sense to me.
Old 09-25-10, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by RoadToPerdition
DD's whole shipping process is baffling to me. It lists on their website that Ghosts of Mars shipped on 9/3 and The House of the Devil shipped 9/7. I have not received either of these items, which were from the same order, but have received items from subsequent orders that were shipped later. I just don't see any way that they are actually shipping items when they say they have. The USPS sucks and media mail is awful, but this just doesn't make any sense to me.
This happened to me as well. Hopefully everything will get to me eventually.
Old 09-25-10, 03:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 362 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadToPerdition
Same here on my last order. Two BD's shipped out 5 days earlier than the other 2 BD's. And they arrived first. I still have not received the other 2 yet. Also one of the BD's from the first 2 I never got a shipping notification all though their website says it was shipped out on 09/14/10.

My 2nd to last order of 4 bd's still have not shipped out yet.
Old 09-25-10, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by kahuna
Same here on my last order. Two BD's shipped out 5 days earlier than the other 2 BD's. And they arrived first. I still have not received the other 2 yet. Also one of the BD's from the first 2 I never got a shipping notification all though their website says it was shipped out on 09/14/10.

My 2nd to last order of 4 bd's still have not shipped out yet.
I am in the same situation as well. They sent one title out on 9/9 and six more about a week later. I have the six titles, while the first one is overdue, even by their fabricated estimate. Two titles were sent out by error, which I was kindly charged for as well. It's a mess.
Old 09-27-10, 01:50 PM
Cool New Member

I would never order @ this Website, no matter whether bogo FREE. It's the $hit site. One of the worst online movie retailer... No e-mail notification about the OOS, unless you call, it still processing for over a month now...I will wait till mid Oct and if still processing... F!@# it, Im going to cancel it.
Old 09-27-10, 01:53 PM

I'd order again and again, great website! I had to wait a little while, but it was a very popular sale, so it was very understandable.
Old 09-27-10, 02:24 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I was charged on 9/7 for a blu-ray and had received a shipment notice...but it hasn't arrived yet, and according to my account information on-line the order was cancelled.

As to my plethora of other orders, everything's still showing as OOS/backordered/Open - only two discs have been shipped and received thus far.

Because of all the potential confusion about this sale, I spent an hour this afternoon compiling a detailed spreadsheet so I can keep track of everything to make sure it's a B1G1 sale.

DDD's gotten a lot of my money over the years, but this particular sale seems to be extraordinarily problematic.

Peter
Old 09-27-10, 05:18 PM

order from 9/4 is processing and order from 9/5 is open.
Old 09-27-10, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Moopher
I'd order again and again, great website! I had to wait a little while, but it was a very popular sale, so it was very understandable.
I'm willing to give DD the benefit of the doubt, but now we are almost at a month and I'm wondering if my three remaining titles will ever ship. There is no reason that a title as simple as Poseidon should not have shipped yet when there are a half a dozen copies at each Wally I go to. Now Suicide Girls and the non digi-book of Poltergeist I'm willing to give some leadway to, but enough is enough. I really wish two of them weren't freebies or I would have considered canceling them. It's a joke now *sigh*.
Old 09-27-10, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Krayzie
order from 9/4 is processing and order from 9/5 is open.
Both of my orders from 9/4 are still open, so consider yourself lucky. I would have thought that at least ONE title would have shipped by now, but no such luck...
Old 09-27-10, 11:44 PM

What I'm really worried about are these titles that are marked as "shipped" that have had plenty of time to show up but have yet to show up. How exactly do I prove to them I never received the package?
Old 09-28-10, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Both of my orders from 9/4 are still open, so consider yourself lucky. I would have thought that at least ONE title would have shipped by now, but no such luck...
Same boat as you. I only have one order from 9/4 that is open. 3 of the 4 movies are showing up as out of stock. I can understand getting hammered with orders, but I would have thought that with all of the specials and deals that DD does, they would have been somewhat prepared. Hoping for some stock to arrive soon....
Old 09-28-10, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Murmur
Same boat as you. I only have one order from 9/4 that is open. 3 of the 4 movies are showing up as out of stock. I can understand getting hammered with orders, but I would have thought that with all of the specials and deals that DD does, they would have been somewhat prepared. Hoping for some stock to arrive soon....
I still have a number of items yet to ship including one open order from 8/30. Neither of the items in the 8/30 order have shipped. I may contact them about it and if I don't get a satisfactory answer I'll probably cancel it and get them elsewhere.
Old 09-28-10, 11:15 AM

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

One of my titles they supposedly shipped on the 10th finally arrived yesterday.

I placed two orders during the sale. So far, I've only gotten two out of four titles shipped from the first order. That order now shows "Shipped" on my history page. It is my understanding that an order only changes status from 'Open' to 'Shipped' when all the items are sent out. Yet, the order page clearly shows two of the titles that have not been sent out. I'm guessing they won't be sending out my remaining two titles?

As for the second order, nothing has been sent out - period. The CC I placed the order with expires at the end of the month. If they don't send something in the next couple of days, I assume that entire order will end up canceled.
Old 09-28-10, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Murmur
Add me to the passenger list. Will DD ever restock Batman, Green Mile and The Prophet? Inquiring minds want to know.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.