Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Beauty and the Beast $10 coupon live

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-10, 11:09 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Re: Beauty and the Beast $10 coupon live

No problem at BB for me either. Scanned no problem and deducted $10 with no intervention.
Old 10-06-10, 11:53 AM
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My story

Well my deal was a little crazy but definitely in my favor.

Basically I got 2 BaTB BRs, 1 Tea Set, 2 4 packs of Gormiti Action Figures, and $5 each on 2 TS3 Preorders for $15.91.

Everything was going fine except they could not get my $5 preorder one BaTB to come (I only preordered 1) so after some discussion the manager redid it all and gave me a total of $15.91 so I shut up and paid and left.

FYI the coupon books in my store were laying out all over the DVD section so I grabbed one and used the BaTB $6 coupon in there on the transaction as well. Worked fine because I was buying 2 copies (you have to get a second Disney movie to use any of these coupons).

Greg
Old 10-06-10, 12:19 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by NCCouponmama
I had a issue with TRU not wantng to combine the coupons. Did anyone else have this issue?
Yes, my local store wouldn't stack them either. Said I couldn't use the $10 off pre-order coupon with the Disney coupon. Wasn't worth the hassle, so went to Best Buy and had them price match for me and got it for $12.99. Not as great as those who got it for $2.99, but TRU won't be getting any of my money either.
Old 10-06-10, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by ButchW
Yes, my local store wouldn't stack them either. Said I couldn't use the $10 off pre-order coupon with the Disney coupon. Wasn't worth the hassle, so went to Best Buy and had them price match for me and got it for $12.99. Not as great as those who got it for $2.99, but TRU won't be getting any of my money either.
Yeah, back in the spring, I tried to get the same deal with Princess & The Frog using the Toy Story 1&2 pre-order deal, but since the amount after the Disney coupon was lower than the computer wanted in order to give me the pre-order discount, they wouldn't let me stack things. I ended up with two managers futzing with the computer and instead of just overriding the damn thing, like they have authority to, she tried to haggle with me. She ended up trying some ridiculous combination of taking the weekly sale price off (bringing the disc up to $39.99 or $35.99, I forget), then taking the coupon and arbitrarily giving me a $7 manager discount or some garbage. Her end offer to me was around $23 after all of that, which was more than the ad price before coupon! Needless to say I went to Target for P&tF and Walmart for B&tB!!

On a side note, I haven't been to Target yet and am happy with my Tangled cash, but what is the tracklist on the Target CD? I went on the assumption that I likely have most of it, but I'm curious.
Old 10-06-10, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Remember with TRU.. if your total is less than your coupons... you cannot use them... unless you add something... like a pack of batteries or something... it is because their system will not pay you to use a coupon...
Old 10-06-10, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I used the $6 Disney Coupon (from the TRU coupon book) on Beauty and The Beast and Prince Caspian. The store employees told me it was perfectly fine to combine coupons (despite the fine print) because the $10 was a manufacturer's coupon and the $6 was a TRU coupon.

Last edited by izatright; 10-06-10 at 05:13 PM.
Old 10-06-10, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I got 2 bluray copies at Target for $6.XX after taxes. Pricematching with Nebraska Funiture Mart Ad $12.99 - $10 MFC = $2.99 X 2 = $6.XX after taxes
Old 10-06-10, 07:21 PM

Price matched Nebraska Furniture Mart at Best Buy with no issues. $2.89 total after using the $10 coupon!
Old 10-06-10, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 362 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
A Target tried to shoot me down for using two coupons, even though I was buying 2 copies of the movie. I had to force them to read the fine print to prove there was no such exclusion (it says one coupon per specified item purchased)
I was in TRU yesterday morning. I guy in front of me had 2 coupons but was buying 4 copies. She asked the person at the register and she asked her manager. She said go ahead and take $40 off the total order. When he walked I told her so that means I can come in here with one coupon and buy 10 copies and get $100 off my total order. She said she would have to ask her manager but she would think it would be okay since the customer before me was able to take $40 off his order. I told her read the fine print it's one coupon per movie.
Old 10-06-10, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by kahuna
I was in TRU yesterday morning. I guy in front of me had 2 coupons but was buying 4 copies. She asked the person at the register and she asked her manager. She said go ahead and take $40 off the total order. When he walked I told her so that means I can come in here with one coupon and buy 10 copies and get $100 off my total order. She said she would have to ask her manager but she would think it would be okay since the customer before me was able to take $40 off his order. I told her read the fine print it's one coupon per movie.
It doesnt hurt you personally though does it? In the end the only one who is out money is Toys R Us. You got your copy of the movie right?.
The manager made the judgement call, so its on the manager, if they are out any money.
Old 10-06-10, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by PlumPeach
Price matched Nebraska Furniture Mart at Best Buy with no issues. $2.89 total after using the $10 coupon!
Would they price match that in PA?
Old 10-06-10, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
It doesnt hurt you personally though does it? In the end the only one who is out money is Toys R Us. You got your copy of the movie right?.
The manager made the judgement call, so its on the manager, if they are out any money.
And yet should we reward a man who doesn't have the sense to get around the 2 coupon limit?
Old 10-06-10, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Manzana
Did they actually try to scan the coupon and the system wouldn't take it, or did they just reject the coupon outright?
They rejected it outright. The guy read the fine print and said they wouldn't take it because the fine print said "not good with any other offer" and BatB was on sale. He also said manufacturer's coupons have to be entered manually, they can't scan them.

I made up the difference in price by leaving a TV box set and two other Blu-rays there that I had planned to purchase. I came home and ordered them from Amazon. No instant gratification, but I saved some cash, including sales tax.

The more I think about it the more I'm irritated. I'm thinking of going the TrU route and returning the Blu-ray to BB for refund.

I'm finding fewer and fewer reasons to go to Best Buy.
Old 10-06-10, 10:24 PM

Anyone else ticked that Best Buy adds up the regular price + tax first then deducts the $10 from that total instead of just taking it off the $24.99 at the top?
Old 10-06-10, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by izatright
And yet should we reward a man who doesn't have the sense to get around the 2 coupon limit?
Just saying, why get worked up over something that doesnt effect him personally. If a STORE MANAGER feels like giving the person an extra 20 dollars off then thats on the store manager not the next customer in line.

Now if this was something that affected him personally on being able to get a copy of the movie then yeah, i can see the reason to be ticked. But it didnt did it.

Ultimately the store manager has to answer for any decision he might make from what he posted it doesnt sound like the customer was being deceptive at all, they asked the cashier the cashier went up the chain of command to the manager who approved it end of story.

Store managers are EMPOWERD with the ability to be flexible with a customer on a offer if they think it will help customer service in the long run.

Its not like the customer brought in photo copies of the same two coupons trying to get all 4 through coupon fraud or anything.
Old 10-06-10, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty
They rejected it outright. The guy read the fine print and said they wouldn't take it because the fine print said "not good with any other offer" and BatB was on sale. He also said manufacturer's coupons have to be entered manually, they can't scan them.

I made up the difference in price by leaving a TV box set and two other Blu-rays there that I had planned to purchase. I came home and ordered them from Amazon. No instant gratification, but I saved some cash, including sales tax.

The more I think about it the more I'm irritated. I'm thinking of going the TrU route and returning the Blu-ray to BB for refund.

I'm finding fewer and fewer reasons to go to Best Buy.
you should have just called up bestbuy 1800 number right there in line they would have verified that they are indeed suppose to accept the coupon.
have done that several times when getting a uneducated cahsier, the cs person at 1800 bestbuy will then call the store manager and notify them and then its taken care of.
Old 10-06-10, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by MJG87
Anyone else ticked that Best Buy adds up the regular price + tax first then deducts the $10 from that total instead of just taking it off the $24.99 at the top?
umm legally they are suppose to, all manufacturers coupons used at all businesses are like that. The coupons dont cover sales tax thats why. You are legally responsible for the tax for the full purchase price.
Target walmart, publix, albertsons, costco, ralphs, Rite aide, CVS, etc all take the coupon ammount after the fact. the way that bestbuy puts it on the reciept makes it a bit more obvious is all.

the only coupons that are applied before sales tax is calculated is store coupons.
Old 10-06-10, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

umm legally they are suppose to, all manufacturers coupons used at all businesses are like that. The coupons dont cover sales tax thats why. You are legally responsible for the tax for the full purchase price.
Target walmart, publix, albertsons, costco, ralphs, Rite aide, CVS, etc all take the coupon ammount after the fact. the way that bestbuy puts it on the reciept makes it a bit more obvious is all.

the only coupons that are applied before sales tax is calculated is store coupons.
Not in Connecticut. I have used these coupons at Target, Wal*Mart, Best Buy, BJ's and other stores and they take the $10 off and then tax the discounted price. It must be a state by state YMMV thing.
Old 10-06-10, 10:43 PM

Thanks for clearing that up, I thought mainly it was because of the cashier deducting the $10 manually instead of scanning it. Also realizing now I should have went to ToysRUs which is right next door
Old 10-07-10, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

It is a state by state thing, but most states take the coupon off after tax. Since they are reimbursed for the coupon from the manufacturer, it is essentially cash to them, so it is taxed as a cash payment.
Old 10-07-10, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by lilmotto
Would they price match that in PA?
I doubt it since Nebraska Furniture Mart stores are only in Nebraska, Iowa, and Kansas.
Old 10-07-10, 08:14 AM
Cool New Member

I took the TRU route yesterday and combined the two $10 coupons (one being for the pre-order of Toys Story 3) and exit with BatB for $7.99 + tax. No problem from the cashier about stacking the two coupons.

Thanks for the heads-up on this great deal!
Old 10-07-10, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by MJG87
Nope because (as other have stated) every B&M store I've gone to does the same thing with manufacturer's coupons for as long as I can remember. If there are some exceptions, please let me know.
Old 10-07-10, 10:18 AM

I went with the TRU deal. Preordered TS3 for 10 off and used the Disney issued 10 off coupon.

I've never preordered from TRU before so my questions are:

1) Can I return the preorder and get my 5.00 back to further sweeten the deal or is it non-refundable?
2) If I can't get the preorder deposit back can I apply the likely-to-come 10.00 off TS3 coupon to my preorder at time of pick up?

I realize that even if I don't bother to even get TS3 from TRU I still come out ahead 5.00 so I'm not really worried about it either way.
Old 10-07-10, 10:48 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by Indy Jones Fan
I went with the TRU deal. Preordered TS3 for 10 off and used the Disney issued 10 off coupon.

I've never preordered from TRU before so my questions are:

1) Can I return the preorder and get my 5.00 back to further sweeten the deal or is it non-refundable?
2) If I can't get the preorder deposit back can I apply the likely-to-come 10.00 off TS3 coupon to my preorder at time of pick up?

I realize that even if I don't bother to even get TS3 from TRU I still come out ahead 5.00 so I'm not really worried about it either way.

1). Yes you can get it refunded
2). Yes to that one as well

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.