Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Best Buy Media Prices (August 29 - September 4, 2010)

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Best Buy Media Prices (August 29 - September 4, 2010)

Old 08-25-10, 05:55 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Special Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,342
Best Buy Media Prices (August 29 - September 4, 2010)

Here is this upcoming week's ad and current compiled coupon list:



snausages is offline  
Old 08-25-10, 06:04 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 9,464
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (August 29 - September 4, 2010)

Surprisingly good prices on the exclusives. Guess I'll get Deep Blue Sea now.
Artman is offline  
Old 08-25-10, 06:11 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 297
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (August 29 - September 4, 2010)

In for Anchorman at that price. Remind me though, because you can reserve it already in store, do I have to pay the price it is now or when I pick it up next week?

Last edited by biglou114; 08-25-10 at 06:36 PM.
biglou114 is offline  
Old 08-25-10, 06:26 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hollywood Ca
Posts: 2,471
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (August 29 - September 4, 2010)

The thing i love most about this, was before the rumors starter swirling about the prices for the lionsgate exclusives is that I only had one movie on pre order from amazonfor this week (harry brown)and another that i was going to buy at bestbuy(Anchorman)
with best buy having this sale on these titles It helps eliviate the number of bluray titles i had pre ordered for October 5th, and I will be saving money as well.
I am sure my Bank account will appreciate that come october.

Also nothing mentioned about no rainchecks. so if for some reason your bestbuy is out of stock you can always just pick up a raincheck till it comes in stock
AmityBoatTours is offline  
Old 08-25-10, 06:40 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
dolphinboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: AZ
Posts: 8,033
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (August 29 - September 4, 2010)

Can someone clarify whether this ad is reliable about Hard Candy @ $9.99?

First, I have it coming out on October 5th and I also have Secretary and High Tension coming out on that same October day.
dolphinboy is online now  
Old 08-25-10, 06:43 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Blaine, WA
Posts: 1,427
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (August 29 - September 4, 2010)

Originally Posted by dolphinboy View Post
Can someone clarify whether this ad is reliable about Hard Candy @ $9.99?

First, I have it coming out on October 5th and I also have Secretary and High Tension coming out on that same October day.
Yes, they are still coming out in October for a wide release, but Best Buy is getting them now as a timed exclusive until October.
Bob_Bobbson is offline  
Old 08-25-10, 06:45 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hollywood Ca
Posts: 2,471
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (August 29 - September 4, 2010)

Originally Posted by dolphinboy View Post
Can someone clarify whether this ad is reliable about Hard Candy @ $9.99?

First, I have it coming out on October 5th and I also have Secretary and High Tension coming out on that same October day.
Um whats to clarify its plasterd 9.99 right over hard candy.

All of the october 5 th lionsgate titles are comming as bestbuy exclusives this sunday even those like secratarty, high tension, and a few others that arent listed in the ad. several best buy employees on various sites before the ad scan was posted had also said ALL of the lionsgate exclusive lionsgate titles were going to be on sale for under 10.00
AmityBoatTours is offline  
Old 08-25-10, 06:47 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Relocated to Bot-Hell
Posts: 10,215
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (August 29 - September 4, 2010)

$10 for Blair Witch. I could do that.
rexinnih is offline  
Old 08-25-10, 06:58 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
SterlingBen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 6,887
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (August 29 - September 4, 2010)

Never caught 2001 Maniacs, guess this week is the week.
SterlingBen is offline  
Old 08-25-10, 07:11 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
dolphinboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: AZ
Posts: 8,033
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (August 29 - September 4, 2010)

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours View Post
Um whats to clarify its plasterd 9.99 right over hard candy.

All of the october 5 th lionsgate titles are comming as bestbuy exclusives this sunday even those like secratarty, high tension, and a few others that arent listed in the ad. several best buy employees on various sites before the ad scan was posted had also said ALL of the lionsgate exclusive lionsgate titles were going to be on sale for under 10.00
Ads have never been wrong before.
dolphinboy is online now  
Old 08-25-10, 07:18 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Denton, TX
Posts: 3,541
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (August 29 - September 4, 2010)

House is finally getting a Blu-ray release. About time. Mostly got my eye on The Score, Open Water and Blair Witch Project.
darkhawk is offline  
Old 08-25-10, 07:18 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Gizmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Formerly known as "GizmoDVD"/Southern CA
Posts: 30,384
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (August 29 - September 4, 2010)

Originally Posted by dolphinboy View Post
Ads have never been wrong before.
Yeah, I remember watching Blades of Glory on Blu-ray back in August 2007...

But this is awesome news. I'll grab Hard Candy, Blair Witch and maybe, maybe Anchorman. $20 is still too high for a catalog release, but I have some RZ certs to blow through.
Gizmo is online now  
Old 08-25-10, 07:18 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
dolphinboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: AZ
Posts: 8,033
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (August 29 - September 4, 2010)

Originally Posted by Bob_Bobbson View Post
Yes, they are still coming out in October for a wide release, but Best Buy is getting them now as a timed exclusive until October.
Thanks so much for your help! If someone did confirm that Hard Candy was moved up, I was going to ask about High Tension and Secretary too.

This works out great for me because October had about 13 releases including the BTTF set Alien Quad set.

Picking these up for $30 now brings a little relief to what will be a brutal month still.

This is a very pleasant surprise. Thanks for explaining this to me.
dolphinboy is online now  
Old 08-25-10, 07:30 PM
  #14  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hollywood Ca
Posts: 2,471
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (August 29 - September 4, 2010)

Originally Posted by dolphinboy View Post
Ads have never been wrong before.
Um when best buy employees online at various forums mentioned those prices even before the ad scan was posted. I would say the ad is accurate.

the fact that it said in big bold letters BEST BUY EXCLUSIVES! should also be a clue, since bestbuy has been getting exclusive windows on a several titles for a bit of time now.
AmityBoatTours is offline  
Old 08-25-10, 08:05 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
dolphinboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: AZ
Posts: 8,033
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (August 29 - September 4, 2010)

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours View Post
Um when best buy employees online at various forums mentioned those prices even before the ad scan was posted. I would say the ad is accurate.

the fact that it said in big bold letters BEST BUY EXCLUSIVES! should also be a clue, since bestbuy has been getting exclusive windows on a several titles for a bit of time now.
Not all of us are able to go to the plethora of forums you're lucky enough to visit. Nor do we know anyone personally or online who works at BB.

That's why people ask questions when they're not sure. Thankfully, there are people who do have that information who realize this and are happy to politely share it with fellow dvdtalkers.
dolphinboy is online now  
Old 08-25-10, 08:31 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hollywood Ca
Posts: 2,471
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (August 29 - September 4, 2010)

Originally Posted by dolphinboy View Post
Not all of us are able to go to the plethora of forums you're lucky enough to visit. Nor do we know anyone personally or online who works at BB.

That's why people ask questions when they're not sure. Thankfully, there are people who do have that information who realize this and are happy to politely share it with fellow dvdtalkers.
sorry its just that it was pretty obvious from the ad scan alone, that its definately comming on sunday and its definately 9.99 And i was polite till your sarcastic response.
but hey if you want to take it personally thats your choice.

In anycase iam done talking about it.
AmityBoatTours is offline  
Old 08-25-10, 08:33 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hollywood Ca
Posts: 2,471
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (August 29 - September 4, 2010)

Originally Posted by dolphinboy View Post
Thanks so much for your help! If someone did confirm that Hard Candy was moved up, I was going to ask about High Tension and Secretary too.

This works out great for me because October had about 13 releases including the BTTF set Alien Quad set.

Picking these up for $30 now brings a little relief to what will be a brutal month still.

This is a very pleasant surprise. Thanks for explaining this to me.
And yes High Tension and The secratary are also releasing at bestbuy on sunday.
AmityBoatTours is offline  
Old 08-25-10, 08:34 PM
  #18  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,128
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (August 29 - September 4, 2010)

Wow, definitely in for Hard Candy and Anchorman at those prices.
zombeaner is offline  
Old 08-25-10, 08:35 PM
  #19  
Mao
Moderator
 
Mao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 7,012
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (August 29 - September 4, 2010)

Now, now....play nice!

I'm in for "Blair Witch" and "Hard Candy", along with "Deep Blue Sea"....any specs/extras on these listed anywhere?
Mao is offline  
Old 08-25-10, 08:35 PM
  #20  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,128
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (August 29 - September 4, 2010)

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours View Post
And yes High Tension and The secratary are also releasing at bestbuy on sunday.
Do we have a price point for them? Are they going to be $10 like Hard Candy? If so, I'm picking them all up!
zombeaner is offline  
Old 08-25-10, 08:37 PM
  #21  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hollywood Ca
Posts: 2,471
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (August 29 - September 4, 2010)

Originally Posted by zombeaner View Post
Do we have a price point for them? Are they going to be $10 like Hard Candy? If so, I'm picking them all up!
the different employees on some of the other sites have said 9.99 for the majority of them while a select few like open water double feature and 2001 maniacs are 7.99
AmityBoatTours is offline  
Old 08-25-10, 08:46 PM
  #22  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,128
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (August 29 - September 4, 2010)

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours View Post
the different employees on some of the other sites have said 9.99 for the majority of them while a select few like open water double feature and 2001 maniacs are 7.99
Eh, I'm not really interested in Open Water or 2001 Maniacs, but the others would be a great buy for $10!
zombeaner is offline  
Old 08-25-10, 08:54 PM
  #23  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hollywood Ca
Posts: 2,471
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (August 29 - September 4, 2010)

I thought it was funny the double feature was only 7.99
I am wondering if open water 1/2 is 2 discs or both movies on 1 disc like the wb double features.
AmityBoatTours is offline  
Old 08-25-10, 08:57 PM
  #24  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,475
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (August 29 - September 4, 2010)

Definitely in for Hard Candy and 2001 Maniacs! Very tempted with Anchorman...

Even though Open Water 2 was shit, $8 for 2 movies isnt a bad deal at all..

Nice to see these will be available on Sunday as well!

Thanks OP!
Drav3n is offline  
Old 08-26-10, 12:02 AM
  #25  
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Winston Salem, NC
Posts: 2,806
Re: Best Buy Media Prices (August 29 - September 4, 2010)

Have a $15 GC to burn, so will probably pick up 'Anchorman' and probably '2001 Maniacs' at that price. Day off that day and should get a decent pay check that includes OT so may splurge a little.
DVDMagic is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.