Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Movie Gallery Closings

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-10, 09:05 AM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: Movie Gallery Closings

Originally Posted by cortan
$1.50 Blu-ray. Wow that beats what I have found even on the last day of a store being open. Nice!
Yeah! I was surprised to see the $1.50 price tags up! This was the last day of the store being open. The poor employees were swamped.
Old 07-04-10, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought 50 elite blu-ray cases from discmakers just for the HV and MG closings. In my neck of the woods, most blu-rays I've gotten at these closings haven't even been touched.
Old 07-04-10, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by cwwallace
I bought 50 elite blu-ray cases from discmakers just for the HV and MG closings. In my neck of the woods, most blu-rays I've gotten at these closings haven't even been touched.
Yeah, that's what i've noticed too. i'll have to check out discmakers, i'll be needing that many soon. I ordered 20 from the ebay guy for 13 bucks and have already used them up. not knocking him, but i really don't like the quality of the cases and the blu color is off.
Old 07-05-10, 12:22 AM

Here is today's score from another hw and another mg I went to....
Some to keep some to sell...

3 xbox 360 games $24
12 dvd $15
22 blu-ray $52
Total spent: $91 +tax

Pictures...

Last edited by cortan; 07-05-10 at 11:05 PM.
Old 07-05-10, 09:59 AM

3 xbox 360 games $24
12 dvd $15
22 blu-ray $52
Awesome! That's quite a haul!
Old 07-05-10, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I've been calling my 2 remaining stores a couple times per week, and they've been stuck at 50% off on BDs for over 2 weeks now and claim late July is there closing day. On my previous closing almost all BDs were long gone by the time they hit $4-$5 and none left after they hit $2. I'm not in an isolated neck of the woods.

Well, I'm jealous of that haul at those prices. I have 2 more chances to get some stuff there, but who knows when the 70% off BD deal is going to hit, and I forget to call daily (and I'm sure they'd get annoyed). Regardless, if I do find more stuff there, I'm sure it'll be a much smaller haul and the prices nowhere as good.

I've got to dig through old threads to find the best mail order place to buy about 30 regular BD cases. I say regular cases because I don't know the types. I just want the same type I'd get if I bought your average new BD. Best mail order place would be the best total delivered price... I suppose I could go as high as 50 cases, but I just need 30 now. I think those posts were somewhere in the giant HW Video $5.99 BD thread. If anyone feels like helping a lazy guy (i.e. me) by reminding/pointing me to the appropriate page of the right thread, that would help. Thanks.

Last edited by Manzana; 07-05-10 at 11:38 AM.
Old 07-05-10, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Manzana: http://www.discmakers.com/shop/ItemD...D=BDR025-00001 Elite blu-rays case @ about .39 each. $5.50 UPS ground.

Went to a MG today in East Texas. All core and new release BDs were @ $5.99 which is pretty decent - and I was pretty selective. 95% of the discs I come across haven't been touched. No fingerprints, nothing. No wonder they're going out of business - no one was renting them. Can't wait until they hit the $3 range. I'll be hitting a few of these in the next few weeks as they continue to drop. Some stores are still at $10-12 bucks in the general vicinity, one has probably 275-300 blu-rays left. Anyway, ended up spending $64 for these 10:

Edit - Sorry. My G1's camera is awful.

Last edited by CapRockBrewingCo.; 07-05-10 at 03:04 PM.
Old 07-05-10, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tomorrow being Sunday the discount should go up another % on any stores that are still open. I found 6 within 30 miles of middle TN area that I am hitting up tomorrow.
So, they up the discounts every Sunday? I may have to head back to the one in Marion, NC tomorrow (I was just there Saturday) as there were definitely a few BD's I would pick up for $7.50 (which should be the price assuming they went to 70% off) that may not be there with further discounts.

Last edited by PopcornBandit; 07-05-10 at 11:19 PM.
Old 07-06-10, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by PopcornBandit
So, they up the discounts every Sunday? I may have to head back to the one in Marion, NC tomorrow (I was just there Saturday) as there were definitely a few BD's I would pick up for $7.50 (which should be the price assuming they went to 70% off) that may not be there with further discounts.
On the last day of the sale at the MG in Griffin, Ga the BDs were 90% off! The DVDs were 99 cents apiece. Might be a store by store thing, but worth checking out on the last day.
Old 07-07-10, 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by MrTerrific
On the last day of the sale at the MG in Griffin, Ga the BDs were 90% off! The DVDs were 99 cents apiece. Might be a store by store thing, but worth checking out on the last day.
Did you pick up anything saturday? Be sure to call before you go up. They are still at 60% on BD, 5.99 new DVD, and 3.50 core DVD. Suck. I guess they're making plenty of money. I'm calling as soon as they open today and heading up if they've dropped blus to 70%.
Old 07-07-10, 04:11 AM

Manzana: http://www.discmakers.com/shop/ItemD...D=BDR025-00001 Elite blu-rays case @ about .39 each. $5.50 UPS ground.

Went to a MG today in East Texas. All core and new release BDs were @ $5.99 which is pretty decent - and I was pretty selective. 95% of the discs I come across haven't been touched. No fingerprints, nothing. No wonder they're going out of business - no one was renting them. Can't wait until they hit the $3 range. I'll be hitting a few of these in the next few weeks as they continue to drop. Some stores are still at $10-12 bucks in the general vicinity, one has probably 275-300 blu-rays left. Anyway, ended up spending $64 for these 10:

Yeah, that is what is sooo cool. They really are basically brand new. Many of mine i'm sure were never rented. Sweet pick ups there. I'm seeing that the titles are about the same all over the country. Good thing last year was a great year for genre films.
Edit - Sorry. My G1's camera is awful.
Old 07-07-10, 04:15 AM

3 xbox 360 games $24
12 dvd $15
22 blu-ray $52

Pictures...

Ok, i think you are officially in the running for the haul award in this thread. And great titles too, not picked through. You have several that i'm jealous of. C'mon Marion, NC give up the big deals. Problem is there are a bunch of people lurking around that swoop in last day and buy up every last bluray. Spread the love. Of course, if it was the right deal, i would be tempted too.
Old 07-07-10, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by KrazyJason
Ok, i think you are officially in the running for the haul award in this thread. And great titles too, not picked through. You have several that i'm jealous of. C'mon Marion, NC give up the big deals. Problem is there are a bunch of people lurking around that swoop in last day and buy up every last bluray. Spread the love. Of course, if it was the right deal, i would be tempted too.
A couple in line in front of me had HUNDREDS of DVDs and Blu-Rays. I was mad that I hadn't gotten there before them(because they had some blu-rays I wanted) but I respected their taking advantage of a good thing.
Old 07-07-10, 03:06 PM
Mao

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Today's the last day in Hastings, NE...

for what that's worth.
Old 07-07-10, 03:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I waited until the Blu-Rays got to $5 before I started buying at my local store. During the last week the store was open I was able to get almost everything I wanted. My total haul was 32 Blu-Rays and around 50 DVD's.

Here is a list of the BD's I grabbed w/ prices. The $5 discs I grabbed five days before closing and the $3 discs I grabbed two days before closing. I left alot on the shelf that I already had.

100 Feet - $3
50 Dead Men Walking - $3
Bank Job - $5
Body of Lies - $3
Boondock Saints 2 - $3
Brothers Bloom - $3
Changeling - $3
District 9 - $5
An Education - $5
Fast & Furious - $3
Forgetting Sarah Marshall - $5
Four Christmases - $3
Friday the 13th (2009) - $3
Frozen River - $3
Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay - $3
He's Just Not That Into You - $3
I Love You, Man - $3
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - $3
Kingdom of Heaven - $3
Let the Right One In - $5
Moon - $3
No Country for Old Men - $3
Observe and Report - $3
Quantum of Solace - $3
Sleep Dealer - $3
Spider-Man 3 - $3
The Stepfather - $3
Taking of Pelham 123 - $5
The Time Travelers Wife - $3
Tyson - $5
Waltz with Bashir - $3
What Happens in Vegas - $3

32 BD's for $110 plus tax.

Last edited by Byron_T; 07-07-10 at 03:44 PM.
Old 07-07-10, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ok If you guys are seeing those prices now, I might have to run back to the one close to me. 2 weeks ago they were only at 50% off.. but i'll bite at a few titles at 70%.
Old 07-07-10, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

picked up

The soloist
Year One
Syndoche NY
Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story
Push
The Perfect Getaway
Run Fat Boy Run
And 1 more I can't remember

for 42 bucks out the door

They close next friday, I'm going to go next thursday if they are open till 9 like now and get what I can for the low low prices.

Last edited by glassdragon; 07-07-10 at 06:32 PM.
Old 07-07-10, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I stopped by HW Video today which has been stuck at 60% off BDs for the last 3 weeks. There was not 1 BD I wanted at $6.80 (60% off $16.99) or above except Marley & Me, but since it didn't have the SD DVD (I don't care about the digital copy) I passed at that price. I passed on Run Fatboy Run at $5 on a previous store closing before I had seen the movie, so my OCD wouldn't allow me to pay $1.80 more even if it means I miss it. Every time I tell myself I have plenty of other stuff to watch and life will go on. That seems to work. So I left empty handed and decided there's nothing I want bad enough at that store even for $4 or $5 to go back until the last few days before closing and maybe I can pick up a few cheap dregs. I guess I hit all the other stores at 80-90% off since the most expensive BD I bought at HW Video was $5.
Old 07-08-10, 12:39 PM

Our store dropped to 5.99 for all blurays. We went yesterday. Below is the link to the video we made for that trip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzZ8DSXia9M
Old 07-08-10, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by KrazyJason
Our store dropped to 5.99 for all blurays. We went yesterday. Below is the link to the video we made for that trip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzZ8DSXia9M
You guys are funny as hell. Keep up the entertaining vids - awesome shit. And nice haul. I picked up "Let the Right One In" from a HV in May for around $5 as well.

Last edited by CapRockBrewingCo.; 07-08-10 at 02:51 PM.
Old 07-08-10, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Some of you guys got hella good stuff.. District 9 and Sherlock holmes.. those to musta been long gone from my store..

but I did find some stuff.. For $70

Rambo
Fired Up
Gran Torino
Duplicity
Moon
Fool's Gold -- yeah I know.. but I like it! =)
Hostel Part 2
Underworld : Rise of the Lycans
Body of Lies
Surrogates
The Box

and the DVD of Powder Blue
Old 07-08-10, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I wouldn't mind moon. When I go back next week, if they still have tons of copies of Black Dynamite I will pick one up to trade to someone for moon :P
Old 07-08-10, 06:32 PM

You guys are funny as hell. Keep up the entertaining vids - awesome shit. And nice haul. I picked up "Let the Right One In" from a HV in May for around $5 as well.
Thank you! We love doing it.
Old 07-08-10, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by adrenaline78
Some of you guys got hella good stuff.. District 9 and Sherlock holmes.. those to musta been long gone from my store..

but I did find some stuff.. For $70

Rambo
Fired Up
Gran Torino
Duplicity
Moon
Fool's Gold -- yeah I know.. but I like it! =)
Hostel Part 2
Underworld : Rise of the Lycans
Body of Lies
Surrogates
The Box

and the DVD of Powder Blue
You got some good stuff there. I was really jazzed to get The Box. Alot of people hated it, but i thought it was glorious.
Old 07-08-10, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, my wife called while passing by a Movie Gallery near her work. Sign said "Last 4 Days" so she went in and scoped it out for me. All BDs were $3.99, so she called out some of the titles on the phone and I told her what I wanted. There were probably a 100 or so left, so I'm heading back in the morning. But this haul included:
Yes Man
Vantage Point
Management
Rocker
The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008)
Julie & Julia
It Might Get Loud
Public Enemies
Bangkok Dangerous
Be Kind Rewind
Ghost Town

Several of these I would've never thought of unless they were priced @ $4 each.

I am running out of blank elite cases.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.