Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

goHastings Buy 2 get 1 for $1.00 used Blu-rays

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Old 06-20-10, 08:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

goHastings.com just listed their Buy 2 get 1 for $1.00 used Blu-ray sale, limit one per customer or email address. I got:

Bolt Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $14.39
The Women Previously Viewed - Blu-ray $12.59
The Blind Side Previously Viewed - Blu-ray Discount: One for $1.00

Order SummaryMerchandise: $27.98
Shipping: $6.84
Sales Tax: $0.00
Order Total: $34.82
Old 06-20-10, 09:08 AM

Re: goHastings Buy 2 get 1 for $1.00 used Blu-rays

Unless I'm doing something wrong, it's only on select titles which definitely hurts the sale for me. I have about 10 used blu in my wishlist and not even 3 are part of this sale.
Old 06-20-10, 09:17 AM

Note that it only works for the movies listed on their promotional page, not all previously viewed blu-rays.

Also note that it only works for 'previously viewed', not for 'used'. Which is a bummer, because used is almost always cheaper, and sometimes significantly so.

These restrictions are making me pass this time, but thanks OP for pointing it out.
Old 06-20-10, 09:26 AM

selection really sucks! and pv only
Old 06-20-10, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I clicked the link and when I saw the awful selection I thought that people had cleared out their Blu-ray inventory in just a few hours.
Old 06-20-10, 10:25 AM

Normally I'm not one to complain. But this sales really sucks... Been waiting for this sale to happen, but not only on pv blu-ray.
Old 06-20-10, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 441 Likes on 249 Posts

And the used Blu-rays of those films are cheaper than the PV...what a sucky sale.
Old 06-20-10, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Also aren't Previously Viewed usually rental copies? This sale is BS.
Old 06-20-10, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They've also raised the prices on some titles that I had in my wish list
Old 06-20-10, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by bigjim25
Yep they are. Previously viewed are rentals and used are from trade ins, which are usually in much better shape.
Old 06-20-10, 06:37 PM

The only thing I buy from Hastings is used CD's. I don't really trust what I'm getting with their movies, especially blu-ray. Their prices have gone up slightly, but I've literally bought hundreds of CD's from them for peanuts.
Old 06-20-10, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by bigjim25
I'm pretty sure you don't get the original blu-ray case with the rentals - so if you want original cases, buy used..
Old 06-20-10, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Road To Ruin
I'm pretty sure you don't get the original blu-ray case with the rentals - so if you want original cases, buy used..

What he meant by rental copies was the featureless, stripped down version of the disc that normally is just for rent. It had nothing to do with the case.
Old 06-20-10, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by collven
What he meant by rental copies was the featureless, stripped down version of the disc that normally is just for rent. It had nothing to do with the case.
Yeah, it was more of a general FYI for anyone wondering about the rentals.
Old 06-21-10, 05:22 AM

I'm pretty sure they'll come with the original cases. The Hastings store in my area sells their PV blu-rays with the original cases so their online store is probably the same. I haven't purchased too many pv blu-rays at Hastings B&M due to their higher prices, but when I was buying DVDs from them all the time, I usually got all the stuff with it. The B&M used to have really good deals on DVDs so I purchased them all the time from them because I liked that they had the original cases and inserts. But since I've went blu-ray I haven't purchased much from them in the store. But they're not like Blockbuster and a lot of other stores with their stupid rental exclusives and crappy cases (at least at the store in my area).
Old 06-21-10, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by obidawsn
I'm pretty sure they'll come with the original cases. The Hastings store in my area sells their PV blu-rays with the original cases so their online store is probably the same. I haven't purchased too many pv blu-rays at Hastings B&M due to their higher prices, but when I was buying DVDs from them all the time, I usually got all the stuff with it. The B&M used to have really good deals on DVDs so I purchased them all the time from them because I liked that they had the original cases and inserts. But since I've went blu-ray I haven't purchased much from them in the store. But they're not like Blockbuster and a lot of other stores with their stupid rental exclusives and crappy cases (at least at the store in my area).
I don't have a Hastings in my area so I only order online from them. I agree, their dvd's come complete, but that was not the case for the one PV blu-ray I ordered and I've seen others say this as well. I think it's a crapshoot and depends on which location ships it, but to reiterate my earlier post, I don't really trust what I'm going to get when it comes to ordering blu-rays from them. Just thought I'd share for those who care about the cases.
Old 06-21-10, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was looking for another sale at gohastings and this was a major disappointment that its only for PPV.
Old 06-21-10, 10:37 AM

be very very careful with this sale. USED are way better that Previously Viewed here - And in most cases, USED are for some reason much cheaper that previously viewed. Beware the "Rental Exclusive" feature-less copy!!!
Ive had great luck with ONE exception with their Used product - digital copies, slip covers, original cases mostly. I got one rental exclusive version in error, and I made a call and they refunded my money and told me to keep it! I sold it on EBAY advertised very clearly as a Rental Exclusive (not to screw anyone else) and made $10.
Old 06-22-10, 04:52 AM

I don't have a Hastings in my area so I only order online from them. I agree, their dvd's come complete, but that was not the case for the one PV blu-ray I ordered and I've seen others say this as well. I think it's a crapshoot and depends on which location ships it, but to reiterate my earlier post, I don't really trust what I'm going to get when it comes to ordering blu-rays from them. Just thought I'd share for those who care about the cases.
Thanks for the confirmation. I was just going by my own experience in the store. I could see different stores doing things differently. Though I'm not sure I've seen a rental exclusive at Hastings, but I also don't rent from there, as they're too expensive, so I can't honestly confirm that. I just occasionally browse the pv blu-rays to see what they have. But maybe I just never noticed if any of them were rental exclusives.
Old 06-23-10, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just thought I let you folks know...Facebook post:

You like us. You really, really like us! For being our friend YOU get 25% off your entire goHastings.com purchase TODAY from 11am-12noon Central Time. Use Promo Code FBFAN during checkout. (P.S. Check out during your time zone: 12noon-1pm Eastern, 10am-11am Mountain and 9am-10am Pacific)

One hour sale is kinda crazy and that's about an hour from now to boot. But 25% is pretty good and it's everything. I've had mixed results with Hastings but been pleased more often than not.
Old 06-23-10, 11:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Says the code has expired when I try to checkout.

EDIT: Working now.

Last edited by Imprint; 06-23-10 at 11:15 AM.
Old 06-23-10, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks Kedrix! Picked up True Blood S2 BLU for under $26 shipped with the coupon.
Old 06-23-10, 12:32 PM

No problem, glad it worked for at least a couple of you (since it's probably dead now). I had the worst time with the code as well, and as mentioned it finally worked around 11:15 cst. Got the following (apologize for the non-blu stuff, but I tried to go for variety)

Items:
Quantity:1,Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant Used - Blu-ray $8.78
Quantity:1,Mat Wars Presents: Ring of Honor - Round Robin Challenge Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $3.58
Quantity:1,Lions and Tigers and Crocs, Oh My! : A Pearls Before Swine Treasury Used - Trade Paper $6.10
Quantity:1,Iowa Used - Audio Compact Disc $9.43
Quantity:1,Wet Xbox 360 $14.99
Quantity:1,World of Warcraft Series 4 Murloc Figure 2pk Toys & Games $14.99
Quantity:1,Arthas : The Rise of the Lich King Used - Trade Cloth $7.11

Total Merchandise:$64.98
Total Tax:$5.38
Total Shipping/Handling:$16.54
Total Order Discount: -$16.24
Purchase Total:$70.66

Well, it paid for shipping LOL!
Old 06-23-10, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Thank you so much, Kedrix! I made a rush order before leaving for work and bought more than I should. And was late for work.
Old 06-28-10, 08:51 AM

If anybody is curious, I received half of my order (in 4 separate packages everything except the Blu-Ray and the two books) on Saturday. I would think the other half will arrive today or tomorrow at the latest. It was all well packed, no problems at all. Of particular mention, my murloc figures (actually they are wife's now since they sit on her computer desk LOL) were put in an extra big box with some good padding. Good stuff all around.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.